Quantcast
sugarplum892

[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Go Go Squid! 亲爱的热爱的

1 hour ago, Addicted2 said:

Horrible fashion sense of Tong Nian or is it the stylist's fault?  She should change career!

Yup, i feel the same way. I get that they are trying to show some contrast between HSY and TN but still, give the girl some better fashion sense! I seriously felt like they dressed her up like a Easter egg most of the time. I loved what Appledog wore and her hair style.

• Like 2
  • LOL 5

3 hours ago, Nina Bina said:

Yup, i feel the same way. I get that they are trying to show some contrast between HSY and TN but still, give the girl some better fashion sense! I seriously felt like they dressed her up like a Easter egg most of the time. I loved what Appledog wore and her hair style.

I was thinking Easter Egg too. And in every dang scene. The only outfits i approved are her pajamas and the grey sweater dress she wore when she went to grandpa house and was explaining to grandpa what HSY does. I overlook the outfits because they both are so stinkin cute together it doesn't matter. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

3 hours ago, Nina Bina said:

If I may interject, I had the impression that they were dressing TN up like a squid. :lol: All Pink, billowing body, flowy elongated arms, like a squid’s tentacles, and especially when she’s had alcohol...wraps her whole being around HSY. lol. That TN is adorable. 

Not that I’m in agreement with the stylist choice; that horrible white coat that someone mentioned prior...ugh. No no no. Please give the lady a proper wardrobe that befits her character better!

However, YangZi is making up for the wardrobe malfunction by bringing out such a delightful character. When I went back to re-read the novel, now I can only visualize YZ as TN and LX as HSY. So they’ve succeeded (in my viewpoint) as capturing their characters’ essence 

• Like 4
  • LOL 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1

On 7/23/2019 at 10:21 PM, Sony2017 said:

I think most of the kids are older than TN even thou they keep her calling her big sis.  Well, probably DEMO is the only one younger than her as she plays a 19 or 20 yo right?  Demo probably plays younger since he's the baby in that group.  He's so cute but I do like 97 & Grunt as well.  Even 97 is older than her since he said he's born in 1997 no? lol....haha...Can you guys believe Grunt is actually older than the leads? lol....I goggled him and he's like 32?? Omg...he looks so young.  Alot of eye candy in this show. haha..... The worst I think is the horrific outfits that TN wears?  OMG...like WTH did they find those ugly ugliest outfits really?  She literally didn't wear anything cute/good as a 19 yo should wear.   hahah LOL..

Nian Nian's clothes need to be burnt!

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

Just saw the latest subbed episode on Viki. I have to say, I really love the relationship between the stepmom and HSY. For those that know Chinese, are they really referring to her as stepmom? Or just mom? Because I feel like regardless of blood, that is her son. I love how supportive she is of him and how she really is so proud of everything he’s accomplished. She became his ma when she was so young! Only 20 and for her to step up and take him as her own even when her husband had passed. Feel like that would be difficult for a young girl to take that on. 

• Like 9
  • Love 1

On 7/24/2019 at 9:21 AM, jewelsc said:

I can't believe this is gonna be over next week, i mean, i've waited like over a yr for this to show and now that it finally is, it's almost over already..it's like going to a theme park waiting in a very long line for a ride but when you're finally on the ride, it's over in like less than 2 mins :o.

When again will we get another drama like this, in another 5 yrs? :weary:.

I feel you.  This is the very reason I choose to watch dramas that are aired fully, mainly to avoid the cliffhangers and also to ensure the ending/reviews are good.  However, with GGS, I was led into temptation of watching it before the drama finished airing.  I have read the fluffy book 2 years ago and know that there is no way the author is going to change the ending.  After 2 days of binging, I am now at episode 33 and waiting for subs. 

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, Mapleoaks5 said:

Just saw the latest subbed episode on Viki. I have to say, I really love the relationship between the stepmom and HSY. For those that know Chinese, are they really referring to her as stepmom? Or just mom? Because I feel like regardless of blood, that is her son. I love how supportive she is of him and how she really is so proud of everything he’s accomplished. She became his ma when she was so young! Only 20 and for her to step up and take him as her own even when her husband had passed. Feel like that would be difficult for a young girl to take that on. 

He refers to her with other people as 后妈 (hou ma) which does mean stepmother. Sometimes he does just call her 妈. But she calls him 儿子 (er zi) so yeah, she really does consider him as her own flesh and blood. I think he almost has to tell them that she's his stepmother by way of explanation because she is so young looking. ;)

It's a wonderful relationship. She's delightful. Not at all the archetypal wicked stepmother that we're often afflicted with. ;)

• Like 9
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

He refers to her with other people as 后妈 (hou ma) which does mean stepmother. Sometimes he does just call her 妈. But she calls him 儿子 (er zi) so yeah, she really does consider him as her own flesh and blood. I think he almost has to tell them that she's his stepmother by way of explanation because she is so young looking. ;)

It's a wonderful relationship. She's delightful. Not at all the archetypal wicked stepmother that we're often afflicted with. ;)

its a refreshment to see a good Stepmother and stepson relationship :) 

• Like 5
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

i love how HSY protected TN during their parents confrontation after that drunken TN scene. 

everything he said was completely opposite to TN, to protect her, and he did not as well rub to TN that it was her mom's fault that he stayed away... that was nicely played...tried to play that scene over and over again coz i thought i was reading the sub wrong...  i was answering back like TN...:lol: it was after his serious note i came to realize how he want to play things out. very clever...! 

I will completely empty once this drama ends. i will probably spend sometime re-watching the entire episode and finally not skipping any scenes this time around, i promise. :lol:

• Like 6

Is it me but I feel the cutting is weird...?

In chapter 37..wasn't the old Solo group supposed to batter against the top five -- does that mean DT group?  They didn't show that...all I saw is them walking in with fans and then they were on stage...

I didn't realize that battle even happen until TT called YY and told her she rejected the marriage proposal -- its then that YY mentioned the battle happened..and that the old group won the new young group?

I love this series...one of the first series where there is little to no dragging...even love 020 I thought some parts dragged...

• Like 1

Yeah I'm actively mad that they literally cut out the most important match in the series. I get that they had to cut out esport bits, and it was disappointing that in semi-finals and finals, there was no built up and they just announced the result. This one though, you don't even see them sitting down jfc.

@El Lieu Yeah old group won. When they were on stage, that's after they had the match. Love O2O had similar issue with this series' book, in that the original book was really short, but that one had no other source to draw from. They opt for some additional drama, but it was mostly for side couple so I was fine with that.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, El Lieu said:

Is it me but I feel the cutting is weird...?

In chapter 37..wasn't the old Solo group supposed to batter against the top five -- does that mean DT group?  They didn't show that...all I saw is them walking in with fans and then they were on stage...

I didn't realize that battle even happen until TT called YY and told her she rejected the marriage proposal -- its then that YY mentioned the battle happened..and that the old group won the new young group?

I love this series...one of the first series where there is little to no dragging...even love 020 I thought some parts dragged...

In ep 39 Team Knk Will Win 

Heck, i'm glad this didn't focus too much on e-sport or whatever u wanna call it (not much of a game person here), this is romance comedy at its best, thank u Mo Bao Fei Bao :lol:

• Like 1

Also...Sucheng said that K&K was opened by HSY and her newest husband...the newest husband isn't that Noregian guy that speaks Chinese is it?  But she mentioned to her daughter that her current husband was a former leader/captain to her team that she had known even longer than Solo.

3 episodes worth of esports and competition got cut so that's supposedly why it's so disjointed at the end. I'm hoping so hard that they will release uncut version but I doubt it since it seems they censored all related to counter strike. More info in tweet...

• Like 3
  • Insightful 2

I'm honestly so bummed now that there were so many parts of the story that were cut due to censorship and all.
:tears::tears::tears:

Granted I still LOVE the drama but it could have been even better. It's seriously one of the only book adapted dramas that I'm enjoying more than the book. I feel so bad for everyone involved who worked so hard for this drama too. Well at least this drama is very popular and well received so that makes up for it. I just hate for the ending to fall flat due to the cuts. Hopefully it's not as bad as everyone is alluding to, as I'm waiting for the last episodes. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

So I read the plot. I like it a lot! Is it too late for me to watch it? 

Edit: I like how she is afraid to approach him. I think it's so cute.

Edited by 2handsintertwined
:)

Are yaya and little mi together now? On the plane the boys mentioned that he was recently in a relationship? I wanted to see this develop with them too! 

1 hour ago, 2handsintertwined said:

So I read the plot. I like it a lot! Is it too late for me to watch it? 

Edit: I like how she is afraid to approach him. I think it's so cute.

Not too late at all! This way you can speed through the episodes without cliffhangers :p join in the fun!

• Like 1
  • Love 1