Quantcast
sugarplum892

[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Go Go Squid! 亲爱的热爱的

33 minutes ago, vintage_chutzpah said:

The 2nd breakup arch is way too dragging!!!! Why did they have to insert this? 

In my opinion, I think the author/screenwriter inserted the second break up for more drama and character building. In the book, we only got one break up and it wasn't really a break up. Her mother didn't really like HSY and was relieved when they "broke up". However, he was able to easily win her over. After that it was all sunshine and rainbows. So with the second breakup, we see the heartache of both HSY and TN and how they'll overcome this hurdle.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 3

@KymberleeD

Spoiler

I'm not sure what you mean... I believe for English subs, the team subbing at Viki is the only group subbing this (as far as I know). Viki has it subbed up to Episode 23 but they're really fast. You need a subscription though to see. Otherwise you can watch it on Dramacool, although the video quality isn't as good. https://www2.dramacool.video/drama-detail/go-go-squid

• Thanks 2

40 minutes ago, chloevstkawaii said:

@KymberleeD

Hide contents

I'm not sure what you mean... I believe for English subs, the team subbing at Viki is the only group subbing this (as far as I know). Viki has it subbed up to Episode 23 but they're really fast. You need a subscription though to see. Otherwise you can watch it on Dramacool, although the video quality isn't as good. https://www2.dramacool.video/drama-detail/go-go-squid

Spoiler

yes english subbed sites other than viki... ;p thanks for this link, will check on it.

All the little future episodes teasers of our couple.  So much skinship!!!  Cannot wait to see full episodes but sadly it will be ending soon.  And watching it raw with no subs is too painful but still enjoyable. The chemistry is absolutely amazing between them.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, KymberleeD said:

i wonder how many candies does HSY ate all thru out this drama...? :lol::lol::lol:

lolz,  I wonder if after the drama Li Xian will have picked up the habit of eating candy or had so much that won't eat any :D

• LOL 6

17 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

@rocat

I'm a huge fan of Medical Examiner Dr Qin where LX plays Lin Tao, the squad leader of the homicide dept. It's one of the few C dramas that I've watched more than twice. I don't consider it all that gory perhaps because I'm a seasoned crime show buff. It's really only the first arc that's unusually grotesque and macabre.  There's no overt romance but the banter and chemistry amongst the 3 leads is fantastic. LX is very funny in it.

Thanks! Coincidentally, I was flipping through the previews of Dr Qin with one eye closed. Heh. There was blood and gore but there was indeed nothing too mortifying. Like The Mentalist and Sherlock -ish. Watched those with eyes glued to the screen, blood, gut and all. Huge fan. I just don’t like things that pop out of nowhere :P

In the previews, LX doesn’t get a lot of screen time though - the corpses and the other guy get just a wee bit more. Heh. But I do like a comical, goateed LX. Just looking at his face sometimes makes me laugh - not sure if it is his charming impishness or a natural comic quality. I think I will give it a go soon. 

Thanks again for the recommendation!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Are you guys watching the leaked episodes? :ph34r:

I watched one and somehow got promptly kicked out - unsure if it’s unsteady WiFi. Haha.

• LOL 2

tumblr_pv0qjx8Gqf1r5iugro10_540.giftumblr_puywc4TPfb1r5iugro1_540.gif

:tounge_wink:

tumblr_pv2ipzzaAk1xe2ihho1_540.gif

Spoiler

tumblr_pv2ipzzaAk1xe2ihho3_540.giftumblr_pv2ipzzaAk1xe2ihho4_540.gif

=====

height difference ♡

tumblr_pv2ii6fXtE1xe2ihho1_540.gif

==================

Yang Zi Asks Viewers Not to Watch Pirated Version of Go Go Squid!

posted by Abby on July 23, 2019
go go squid yang zi li xian
Bad news for the drama, guys. All the episodes of the romantic comedy Go Go Squid! starring Yang Zi and Li Xian have been uploaded on the net.  One can choose to watch the whole series if they wanted to, though the episodes have a watermark that indicates, "For Dragon TV Viewing Only," so I don't suggest doing so as it's annoying to see that permanently on screen. It's expected the finale will air on July 31.  

go go squid yang zi
Unsurprisingly, Yang Zi has spoken up about it through social media. She says that some people have made it known to her that Go Go Squid! has been leaked online.  She explains that the show was a group effort by the production staff, actors and film crew; and that she doesn't want people to see the drama like this.  

Netizens supported her by saying they would rather watch Go Go Squid! legitimately and that they don't support piracy.  Others said that they didn't want to see the rom-com in its unfinished form and would rather wait and binge the entire thing.  Although, there were some people who have watched the pirated version, they said that they would still watch the original.  

Film piracy has been a problem for a long time now.  Though measures have been taken to minimize the illegal practice and punish those responsible, one cannot expect to totally eliminate piracy unless everyone pitches in.  That includes viewers like us.    

Source:  1  
  • Like 13
  • LOL 1

@JMarei

yep, read that on her Weibo too. It’s a pity that the person who somehow got hold of all the eps put it all online - it certainly isn’t ethical and for sure it does zilch to help the production team, ratings or otherwise. 

But human nature is such - takes discipline and self-control to not touch that play button. Like the Marshmallow Experiment done with little kids: put one alone in a room with a yummy marshmallow and tell them to wait a bit before eating - if they succeed, they get another. Some nibble at it but lots just eat it anyway :joy:

I’m glad unsteady WiFi stopped me. There’s always Dr Qin or Tientsein Mystic while I wait :)

how did that fella manage to rip it ALL I wonder...

• Like 7

Hi everyone!! Loving this show so much and have been reading everyone’s comment!! I can’t believe I did it but stopped watching after episode 20 and waited for more episodes to be available on Viki before resuming again. I didn’t want to be stuck in the middle of a heartbreak lol. Can’t wait to see all the sweet scenes. 

Does anyone know if the Baidu clip on instagram is an actual part of an episode or a special they did for viewers? Like a special clip? Thank you!

• Like 2

I'm going to wait until the whole series ends! I"m just watching their BTS right now while I wait. LOL Li Xian and Yang Zi are very funny off screen. All4LiXian on Youtube translated a lot of the interviews they did together and the way they interact is hilarious! I love the interview where Li Xian says a lot of the jokes he's told Yang Zi are for 18+. LMAO. Then there was the interview where they both talk about food BTS and each day they would buy food together skipping out on the food staff orders. LOL I am going to  miss these two after this ends. I am already hoping they pair up again! Hopefully in a romantic historical drama HAHA

• Like 5

Han Shang Yun was really mean to any male "flies" buzzing about Tong Nian. He denied having a relationship with Tong Nian in front of CEO Xiang and when CEO Xiang said he will tend pursue Tong Nian. Han Shang Yun loomed on top of him and told him do not even think about it. Earlier, he told CEO Xiang not even to call Tong Nian for any promotion event.

With Zheng Hui, the school mate, he ordered the most expensive thing on the menu when Zheng Hui said it was his treat. Later, he told Zheng Hui that Tong Nian is going to be his wife the next month. Zheng Hui did not accept it and later harassed Tong Nian with his ardent confession. I was hoping Han Shang Yun will come bursting down the door and whack him up. Thankfully, Tong Nian managed to escape on her own accord.

It was said that Han Shang Yun sold the house his father left for him to finance his passion, then later Tong Nian offered her own wealth to help out the team. I think he is so touched to finally found someone so supportive of his dreams. By the way, he is really romantic when he bought different version of strawberry produce from the fresh fruit to cakes.

Oh, how can he forget that Xiao Mi was sleeping in his bed and told Tong Nian to lie down in his bed. I laughed so hard when Xiao Mi complained that Han Shang Yun did not see him as a man to allow Tong Nian to sleep next to him.

I found it so funny that Han Shang Yun during the family meeting with his stepmother to cut Tong Nian's mother reluctance and went from the idea of engagement to marriage instead. When K&K became world champion he proudly went to Tong Nian's house to ask for her hand in marriage and her household registry so they can register their marriage and legally husband and wife. They were at the marriage registrar at 5 am, I believe.

So cute, Han Shang Yun was planning the bed size for them in his house, at the club and her family home as he was willing to move in there as it was nearer her university while she complete her studies.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

I can't believe this is gonna be over next week, i mean, i've waited like over a yr for this to show and now that it finally is, it's almost over already..it's like going to a theme park waiting in a very long line for a ride but when you're finally on the ride, it's over in like less than 2 mins :o.

When again will we get another drama like this, in another 5 yrs? :weary:.

• Like 4
  • Sad 4

I'm curious as to the timeline of the show... maybe it's because they air more episodes compared to other dramas, but I swear the whole storyline takes place within like a month or two. 

So far I'm enjoying all the romance and cute scenes, but there are a couple of things that have bothered me: 

Spoiler

1. HSY's possessiveness after their second breakup. Like, come on dude you were the one who broke up with her. I know it was with good intentions, but the way he did it was classless and he's still acting as if he has a 'claim' to her. which brings be to my next point... 

2. TN pretty much being a pushover and ready to take him back anytime he so much as looks at her.. part of me wishes she makes him WORK for it, especially all the mean things he said to her. I suppose the intent was to show her innocence and highlight her kind and forgiving personality? 

3. TN's yellow outfit with the white overalls... it's so weird and tacky looking, that it really takes away from all of the romantic scenes when she's wearing that thing. The lack of diversity overall with TN's wardrobe is really disappointing. 

I'm still really enjoying the show and Yang Zi's acting is perfect for her role, but am hoping to see more development with both HSY and TN's characters in future episodes. 

• Like 4

WOW, talk about Li Xian's popularity skyrocketing! Its so weird to see him so young with the same voice! LMAO He looks like a genius...playing a genius LOL

Mango TV Youtube

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

PLEASE! :sweatingbullets:

I'm asking those of you who have watched the illegally posted videos of this GEM of a drama to share the outcome under spoilers or HIDDEN contents.:glasses:

Some of us do enjoy following a drama without spoilers. Thank you very much!:D

In view of Yang Zi's REQUEST not to view the illegal videos, I think we should respect her and GGS by NOT viewing them even though we're tempted! :love:

• Like 5
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 1

Actually about the breakup, I could understand where Han Shangyan is coming from. Before I watch episode 21-23, I feel like the second breakup is not needed, as the novel is very light and fluffy. But someone said it before, that he win over the mother too easily, and I agree with that. Because it's Chinese culture, and as a Chinese myself (though I couldn't speak the language being born in Indonesia lol) I know where Han Shangyan is coming from, and why he decide to breakup with Tong Nian. And it's not like he wanted to do it, as he's forced to do it by the mother (though in a roundabout way). That's why to me, the breakup is funny (and quite realistic too) as he still have lingering feeling for Tong Nian and didn't really want her to be with someone else

And Tong Nian to me is not really a push over. She clearly still love him so she shows that openly. But it's not like she's crying to come back to him anyway. He had to be the one to make the move (with the help of his friends) to get her back. Episode 24-25 shows what a good friend they have and I'm really glad that the friend care enough to help them along the way

I really love the dynamic in episode 24-25. It shows the balance of being funny and sad moments. And Xiao Ai wins the trophy for making Gun jealous when she wanted to match up Tong Nian with her father. Though he said nothing, his expression is priceless XD Can't wait for the next episode

P.S What everyone thinks about episode 24-25? I'm curious

• Like 6
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1

10 hours ago, Sary Em said:

All the little future episodes teasers of our couple.  So much skinship!!!  Cannot wait to see full episodes but sadly it will be ending soon.  And watching it raw with no subs is too painful but still enjoyable. The chemistry is absolutely amazing between them.

I am currently loving this drama and have to agree with the chemistry.  Actually, after Ashes of Love, I thought she'd never surpass the chemistry she had with DL, so I was super impressed with the chemistry she has with Li Xian.  I really hope they do another drama together.

I'm so glad that there are episodes everyday.  I would never be able to wait for episodes if they were on a weekly basis.   Yes, it is painful to watch the preview clips with no subs.  But, lately fans have been coming together and providing some translations in the comments box (if you watch them on YouTube).  The most recently preview clip on YT of TN's 2nd drunk scene was hilarious! :w00t: :wub: 

Also, this drama really gives the feels.  So much secondhand embarrassment.  But, also, I was crying alot when HSY had the 2nd breakup (at the restaurant) and she was crying so much to her friend.  I was crying too... but then when they played the sound of Mi Shao vomiting/gagging in the bushes, it was so funny and random in a breakup scene.  I was laughing and crying at the same time - emotions were all mixed up. :tears: :lol: :blink:  I don't think any drama made me react like that.

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, churasan said:

I'm so glad that there are episodes everyday.  I would never be able to wait for episodes if they were on a weekly basis.   Yes, it is painful to watch the preview clips with no subs.  But, lately fans have been coming together and providing some translations in the comments box (if you watch them on YouTube).  The most recently preview clip on YT of TN's 2nd drunk scene was hilarious! :w00t: :wub: 

Same thoughts. If this drama is weekly basis, I'm going to die of waiting lol Though I try to hold back and not watch until it's subbed, my hands just click the play button in reflex and before I know it, I already watch the entire episode without even knowing what they said :D

• Like 1
  • LOL 4