[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Go Go Squid! 亲爱的热爱的

sugarplum892

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

squid%252017.jpg&key=54d53f034cdc1fe362a333f59ef6cded82d99723f601cb56967a63cdafee720bimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIpxmttDpNk_BY3VF6r4eRrIHl0IOjEIdzRpNXbZsKKi7-00Cl   Stories such as these light up our life...

I didn't know that Unrequited Love was a part of this trilogy which I am watching now along with this drama seems kind of funny to find out this way. I should pay better attention it would seem.  Not to mention just finding out that Ashes Of Love was too!  All I do know is from where I sit this author is amazing. And I am already a BIG FAN.   I haven't read all the novels and maybe from listening to others that's a good thing when it comes to Ashes Of Love and maybe the others as well.  For what I saw was all I knew and often when reading books first there is such a let down in the changes and things that are left out or added. Yet it doesn't take away the fact that I loved it and unless something drastic happens before the endings I love these two stories as well...

This writer's words come alive on screen and in each one there is so much romance and beauty to behold...

1 hour ago, mayra83 said:

I just read that the drama was leaked, i don't understand exactly what happened !!! Do they mean all episodes were leaked?!!! :huh: anyone knows about it??

https://mobile.twitter.com/Moonsto26644583/status/1153245059200032768 

Someone got a hold of ALL the episodes and started spreading clips of "important" scenes (or highlights) of each episode in Weibo. Not sure if they've uploaded all the remaining episodes in the series yet, but you can definitely find clips of unaired episodes online. :( Hopefully this doesn't affect the ratings of Go Go Squid in the upcoming episodes.

@USAFarmgirl 2

Hmmm. Unrequited Love is part of another Trilogy.

Go Go Squid is based on the novel: Honey Stewed Squid by Mo Bao Fei Bao and part of the Trilogy ( God's Left Hand, Fish Playing While Trapped in a Sealed Chamber and Honey Stewed Squid). The author herself, is part of the production/script. She already incorporated parts of the prequels to this drama. You could say this drama is 60% of Honey Stewed Squid, 20% God's Left Hand, 20% Fish Playing While Trapped in a Sealed Chamber.

Unrequited Love is based on the novel in the same name by Ba Yue Chang An. There are already 3 adaptations/dramas that are based on the novel/books written by the author. (My Huckleberry Friends [adapted from Hello Old Times], With You [adapted from Best of Us] and Unrequited Love). The author was only part of the 'Unrequited Love' drama production.

I had a great laugh when Tong Nian's classmate referred to Han Shang Yun as Tong Nian's brother. But Tong Nian corrected him saying Han Shang Yun is not her brother. He then changed Han Shang Yun from brother to Tong Nian's uncle. Han Shang Yun looked aghasted. Serve him right that you have males buzzing like flies over your girlfriend or youngsters pushing their fathers to her.

Thank you so much @nasaan ka Alex? I am thankful to be corrected and it would seem I do need to pay better attention even in reading these posts forgive me.

new_year_korean_bow.gif

Still I am thankful for Chinese writers and stories such as these that move my heart and leave me smiling....  And for those here who thankfully know more than myself...:blush:

14 hours ago, crispachu said:

Unfortunately he already knows she was playing with him as Grunt - he saw her printed out notes about how to play the game with him when she was passed out drunk in his room.

He had already deduced in advance that she was the kid he was playing with when he played as Grunt because of her greeting, "I'm Little Squid, take care of me..." I think what @jacquelinetan meant is that TN hasn't realized that HSY was playing as Grunt. She really thought she played with Grunt this whole time and is embarrassed to mention it. So because of that, perhaps we'll get a scene where TN is communicating with Grunt via the game and telling him stuff, but in reality maybe it would be HSY on the other end.

Part of me is sad that just as we were starting to see the cuteness between TN & HSY, we're hit with the second break-up. I'm anxious about it (I've only watched until half of Ep 20) so I haven't seen it and like most, feel tempted to skip these scenes altogether. But in a way, I look forward to the character growth of both of them because we know they'll end up together.

I don't normally care about side characters that much but I'm happy that Little Mi was given a love interest. He's known as the most versatile player and both Solo and Gun want him on their teams. But since Little Mi has been out of practice for a few years and is rusty, his skill set isn't up to par anymore. So I'm glad that Yaya is a huge Little Mi fan, especially because he thought that only Gun, Solo, and Appledog have a massive fan base. Hopefully it'll boost up his confidence.

3 hours ago, nasaan ka Alex? said:

All Episodes are leaked. Every leaked episodes have a timer in the center screen.

this is so sad.. :( i really hope this won't affect the ratings of the remaining episodes, but i'm honestly very skeptical that it won't have an effect.. :( to think that the entire production team worked so hard on this.. :( this is really sad... 

Yup, it will affect the ratings for sure. Its a week worth of episodes being dumped  to a single sitting.

This drama for me, has a high rewatch value, so yeah, we could hope for the best for the production team.

It would not have any effect though to the international viewers. I just hope that it gets picked up by a lot of international fans.

Archived