[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Go Go Squid! 亲爱的热爱的

sugarplum892

4 minutes ago, skibbies said:

Unrequited Love which isn't getting any buzz on soompi despite being from the same popular trilogy of With You and My Huckleberry Friends. This time the sole scriptwriter is the author, I love her and all but in the end product is merely okay rather than fantastic, the two previous dramas changed a lot more but was much better received. 

I don't know how others might rate the three, but my favorite among the trilogy is surely Unrequited Love. Surely, its one of my favorite drama this year. Also I haven't read the novels which these dramas are based on so I cant say anything about how faithful it is to its source material. How I wish, more could watch this 3rd installment because it's a gem. 

Back to Go Go Squid!, It seems like the breakup timeframe is around 4-5 episodes, which I think is when they would develop the other couple (YaYa and Xia Mi).

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This song i called it 'the gloomy song' bcos it played in the background on all the sad scenes.  When i heard it at first, i didn't realize it was in english, i was so concentrated on the show and then i saw some chinese subs on the side of the screen whenever the song came on i'd thought it was in chinese until i heard some english sounding words..i tried looking it up, couldn't find it until it just popped up on my youtube recently and saw it was sang by Dimash and i was like "of course Dimash, he sang mostly english songs which r hot hits in China at this time, y didn't i thought of him?"..this song is so beautiful i just can't get it out of my head!

The best bits of the drama are definitely in the preview clips. LOL. You gotta love Xiao Ai for her "untimely interference" trying to set NN up with her dad, Xiao Mi and YY for playing cupid. :lol:

Jealous HSY is pure gold. 

My favourite part is when Xiao Mi assures NN that HSY likes her, he's just incapable of dealing with emotional stuff but he really likes her. 

HSY is sweet but playing the noble idiot here nonetheless. He wants both families to continue getting on well so he's not wanting to rock the boat. But how long can he hold out for? :D

6 hours ago, jewelsc said:

This song i called it 'the gloomy song' bcos it played in the background on all the sad scenes.  When i heard it at first, i didn't realize it was in english, i was so concentrated on the show and then i saw some chinese subs on the side of the screen whenever the song came on i'd thought it was in chinese until i heard some english sounding words..i tried looking it up, couldn't find it until it just popped up on my youtube recently and saw it was sang by Dimash and i was like "of course Dimash, he sang mostly english songs which r hot hits in China at this time, y didn't i thought of him?"..this song is so beautiful i just can't get it out of my head!

ohh!! me too i didn't notice it, wow!!! Dimash Kudaibergen!!!  one of the greatest voice in the world!! Beautiful song indeed. 

6 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

The best bits of the drama are definitely in the preview clips. LOL. You gotta love Xiao Ai for her "untimely interference" trying to set NN up with her dad, Xiao Mi and YY for playing cupid. :lol:

Jealous HSY is pure gold. 

My favourite part is when Xiao Mi assures NN that HSY likes her, he's just incapable of dealing with emotional stuff but he really likes her. 

HSY is sweet but playing the noble idiot here nonetheless. He wants both families to continue getting on well so he's not wanting to rock the boat. But how long can he hold out for? :D

The best part for me too is when Xiao Mi tell TN  that HSY likes her,  The way he said it is special haha :D, HSY is thinking that he can hold out the situation but for sure, he is losing control and his jealousy is here to prouve it, even he didn't notice himself haha, that moment when he push Xiao Mi head haha so lovely and funny . :D

Hah! Watched a clip CEO Xiang expressing his interest in Tong Nian in front of Han Shang Yun and nearly "died" under his glare of daggers.

I was thinking that there is still that little secret of Tong Nian playing under disguise once with Grunt who was Han Shang Yun. Perhaps she will be able to converse with "Grunt" who happened to be Han Shang Yun at this time too about her sadness and make him see the "light". 

It will be also up to Xiao Mi to drive the forces to bring our love birds together as he knows the truth why Han Shang Yun made such a decision.

I liked Lan Mei for telling Han Shang Yun off that he "paid" off his ex girlfriends and he told her that he just had one girlfriend only.

Poor Wu Bai, his money was taken to buy birthday presents and compensation for a break-up. 

8 minutes ago, jacquelinetan said:

Hah! Watched a clip CEO Xiang expressing his interest in Tong Nian in front of Han Shang Yun and nearly "died" under his glare of daggers.

I was thinking that there is still that little secret of Tong Nian playing under disguise once with Grunt who was Han Shang Yun. Perhaps she will be able to converse with "Grunt" who happened to be Han Shang Yun at this time too about her sadness and make him see the "light". 

It will be also up to Xiao Mi to drive the forces to bring our love birds together as h know the truth why Han Shang Yun made such a decision.

I liked Lan Mei for telling Han Shang Yun off that he "paid" off his ex girlfriends and he told her that he just had one girlfriend only.

Poor Wu Bai, his money was taken to buy birthday presents and compensation for a break-up. 

I saw that clip and snickered so hard. I think CEO asked HSY’s help in pursuing TN and HSY was like ‘Who did you say you are going to pursue?’ And I particularly loved the way he pushed Xiao Mi’s head off TN’s shoulder lol. Poor Wu Bai though, his brother takes his money when he has a girlfriend and when he breaks up with said girlfriend lmao.

2 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Now my question is, is Xiao Ai helping out too by trying to set those 2 back together or does she really want TN to be her step-mom;)?, bcos it is perfect timing on her part to make HSY jealous.

HSY denied vehemently to stepmum he has a girlfriend but quietly slipped a sketched picture of TN (wait till she sees it:D) from under the door of her hotel room. This really proves that he still refuses to give up on her.:P

I cant help laughing at the picture (cant disipher that horrible looking sketch! Heeee!) but stepmum seems to like TN by looking at it saying something like she has a happy disposition. :blush:

Poor HSY became almost bankrupt because of stepmum's necklace. But had he known that she'd give all her jewellery (very expensive indeed) to his future wife, he wouldn't remit his money to her.:dissapointed_relieved:

So last night's ep did have funny moments too!

2 hours ago, jewelsc said:

Now my question is, is Xiao Ai helping out too by trying to set those 2 back together or does she really want TN to be her step-mom;)?, bcos it is perfect timing on her part to make HSY jealous.

Xiao Ai does not like Han Shang Yun at all so she will do her very best to irritate Han Shang Yun.

3 hours ago, jacquelinetan said:

I was thinking that there is still that little secret of Tong Nian playing under disguise once with Grunt who was Han Shang Yun.

Unfortunately he already knows she was playing with him as Grunt - he saw her printed out notes about how to play the game with him when she was passed out drunk in his room.

7 hours ago, jewelsc said:

Nah... not a chance. ;)

She doesn't care much for HSY. But hey... I am for anyone who can make HSY jealous. Even a bratty precocious child who has no respect for her elders. :P She pushing everybody's buttons in the right way for a change. 

Of course the ruse set up by Xiao Mi and YY work because they know how protective he is of her. They send her on a shopping errand with a list as long as your arm and he can't do anything but go with her to help her carry the groceries. :lol:

When I said earlier that this show gives me Legend of Yunxi vibes... well... this is sort of what I mean. A male lead who reluctantly breaks up with the woman he loves. But guess what? His heart just keeps steering him back to her. He's only paid lip service to giving her up, In his heart he's still pining for her. I can't wait for him to crack... Crack soon Xiao Han! Because I'm really here for the cute and fluffy. 

I hope this is the breakthrough role for Li Xian because by golly he deserves the acclaim and success he's getting for this. I'm really mostly here for HSY because of his nuanced performance. As far as I'm concerned Li Xian is up there with Zhang Ruoyun as one of the best C actors of his generation.

I love the stepmother.

19 hours ago, mayra83 said:
  Hide contents

Just saw this and wanted to share with you all :wub: 

https://twitter.com/i/status/1152780230722932736

Sooner or later, I’m yours. Other than you, no one can.” - Han Shangyan  :wub:

Oooh oooh... yes... I've been looking for this one. Thanks for posting it here.  :wub:  HSY looks postively yummy here.

Translation point:

Spoiler

I would translate that last bit as "no one else will do" as i think contextually it fits better.

This is my first Li Xian drama - what others is he in that’s good? 

Tientsin Mystic? I love his bohemian look (hard to find a Chinese who can carry dreadlocks well) and the intensity of his stare in the poster. I don’t like horror thou...

4 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

hope this is the breakthrough role for Li Xian because by golly he deserves the acclaim and success he's getting for this. I'm really mostly here for HSY because of his nuanced performance. As far as I'm concerned Li Xian is up there with Zhang Ruoyun as one of the best C actors of his generation

When i first saw him on Tentsin Mystic, i thought he deserved to be considered a top star, his acting was really good (i was glad he'd even won an award for that) and from then i've been following him on Dr Qin and now this one and he is still great and i really was pleasantly surprised at how they made him portrayed HSY more comical in the drama than in the novel, he is more fun to watch :).

2 hours ago, rocat said:

This is my first Li Xian drama - what others is he in that’s good? 

Tientsin Mystic? I love his bohemian look (hard to find a Chinese who can carry dreadlocks well) and the intensity of his stare in the poster. I don’t like horror thou...

You need to watch Tientsin Mystic! This was what I first saw him in when it came out and he's brilliant. The whole show gives you a mysterious creepy feel but the story-line is intriguing. When I first watched Li Xian, I thought, wow, this guy has very good expressions and his comedic timing is on point. Why is he so underrated?! lol If I had to compare Tientsin Mystic to GGS, when it comes to the story and production, hands down, Tientsin Mystic. If you watch Dr. Qin, LOL, just don't eat while watching, this one is more horrifying. I'm just proud LX is getting a lot of attention through GGS but its because its quite a cliche type of drama. GGS is a type of drama fan-girls live for so when he finally starred in this, I wasn't surprised this drama was a success. Overall, he's probably one of the more versatile actor's I've seen come out of China based on his choice of work.

Archived