[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Go Go Squid! 亲爱的热爱的

sugarplum892

On 7/19/2019 at 12:26 AM, angelangie said:

didnt he own his own company.....how can he be broke?

antique necklace was over 950,000 yuan.. in USD it's over 130,000+. And drama did said, he put all his money back into K & K. It was also mention, he was just short for that month. He should be good the next month. Hopefully, he paid back his Younger cousin. kekeke.

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, littlemay said:

antique necklace was over 950,000 yuan.. in USD it's over 130,000+. And drama did said, he put all his money back into K & K. It was also mention, he was just short for that month. He should be good the next month. Hopefully, he paid back his Younger cousin. kekeke.

I love the expression on Wu Bai's face whenever HSY comes looking for him because he thinks HSY need money, lol.

1 hour ago, skibbies said:

I was actually okay with her clothes earlier in the drama when she was cute and sporty, but it seems like she only knows how to dress in shapeless hoodies and long skirts. THE LONG SKIRT LOOKS BAD.

The thrifty excuse really doesn't work in China, we have Taobao, I've gotten plenty of clothes for really cheap and they definitely don't look anything like hers (I'm pretty sure they were way cheaper than whatever she's wearing too). In both King's Avatar and Gank Your Heart, there were girls wearing sporty short skirts, it's not that scantily clothed. If she has to wear long skirts, there's colourful summer skirts that you wear to the beach and whatever that's suitable for college age kids.

It's sort of extra frustrating because everyone else dress pretty damn well, even the K&K boys who mostly all wear black! Yaya looks pretty cute with hoodies and shorts (why can't TN wear shorts???), appledog look absolutely smashing most of the time (except in flashback where she has some kind of hoodie + a pajama dress? episode 36 when she's visiting HSY and Solo's hotel room. That's the worst look in the entire drama, good god.)

Actually, I noticed yesterday HSY have hilarious bad habit of buttoning ONLY his top button and nothing else, it quite bothered me once I noticed it, since it was just a bizzare styling choice.

I think that was my favourite part of Tempest Chambers. Mending old relationship, forgiving yourself and healing as well as chasing after the dream. The drama did a pretty good job depicting and expanding these themes.

Yeah, there really is no excuse for the way she dresses - the costume designer for her should be shot (or fired at least lol).  In the books she wears sexy clothing, mini-skirts, etc., but they could have made her look distinctive for the show even if that was thought risque.  Her oversized faux-80's fashion crossed with cutesy now is more suited to middle aged women like me trying to hide that extra 20 lbs from babies and aging (though we wouldn't be caught dead in those clothes either lol).

21 minutes ago, brielover said:

Yeah, there really is no excuse for the way she dresses - the costume designer for her should be shot (or fired at least lol).  In the books she wears sexy clothing, mini-skirts, etc., but they could have made her look distinctive for the show even if that was thought risque.  Her oversized faux-80's fashion crossed with cutesy now is more suited to middle aged women like me trying to hide that extra 20 lbs from babies and aging (though we wouldn't be caught dead in those clothes either lol).

Lol, i'm pretty sure alot of the college girls wouldn't wanna be caught dead in those clothes either, now with YY's wears, those r more preferably by the college girls..even her cosplay g/f wears r so much more prettier for a young married woman.

On 7/27/2019 at 12:05 PM, El Lieu said:

Thank you for both for answering my question...

interesting both cousins are handsome and cool..similar in nature don’t talk much...

I could have sworn I heard HSY call his grandfather 爺爺 (paternal grandfather), and Wu Bai call him 外公 (maternal grandfather) the the first dinner meeting at TN's house.

006TQichly1g4tg1swicaj34k236ue8g.jpgqhK-F2OlPGFaENyUl-SpOgD84qMn_SBzpU3N12wEK6TYQO6HZEYsdSdMG4-Np9GGoA8P_kefSUBnl6n1Rak_NIQVTNFDgRA9IrYggRfLcLSj4RW_5ewe43ISuvYCAe7Jofwcn7VofexoJD9r0zJnWQRuuBnBTZZe8ByRn-5BuncoQVHqDzpSl2Hm4mwkAKNJwZMCZ-Y7DfXlBjRZYQUDgLa0z3RYvjYAyVhbGME-OxaS2pa4Sa2QY4a0y9a7tCROs_WoZCQ-qR8K4HDM2l6ACfQDtusx5siZ1ENNwouga7ncR4oo_KRlCbwilLsUOoAZIiUqJMv9I3jmVe-HZR7bGD5lT4oKRxHTkuXtcf4q3JGsLoBsDgTkPu0qkWICG59xANayDJ1EGrEIr4aV1HHxyrPn8SoYucJ8yTjz79Kn7Bzg5GDB9VZZl_3l7MfXvakutsZwE3xOZEJdtkPrrV4fmUHLdDYo8EBZ2cNq-BbMgMREyryOnAZfdXg7q3EeJ-4nkPTSrmJOEID94MyeaTmnSvAYqTe8sLTgCrd4OeFJfuo18PFGOdF9r3qj8QCR4rlzmM7PS5lKiPSou-qqCuu66ewhXMA9IorylUsRPSVm-kTs6wwXnFHnL6p06qwks65lBF211gBrmOLyz25hmKpIViVCFCVTTGY=s800?Go%20Go%20Squid%20China%20Drama.jpg9hrk3BCoJqLQxC8r7UtG2PwihtG.jpg

Love reading everyone's thoughts and opinions here.  I guess for me wardrobe isn't as important to me as the chemistry and body language that can be expressed and if done right can be seen and felt.  There was something magical about the way in which this OTP at least for me used every part of themselves from his often intense stares to her beautiful big eyes that felt as if someone could get lost in them forever...

It was their passion that in every push and pull brought us in closer and tied our hearts up in wanting so much more.  It was innocent at moments and yet there was never a doubt of that yearning in wanting them to move even one inch closer to one another.  It wasn't about the kissing or even the touching it was the way in which this writer uses the individual thoughts that push our emotions to another level.  Showing a love story that proves sometimes you just can't let go no matter what others say, no matter how wrong it might even feel it's just simply about ones own heart...

It's how she made him feel and that part of him he could see right there in her eyes looking back at him.  Every time.   It's how he made her feel the first moment she laid eyes on him and she never looked away.  Knowing that you need someone and even if they don't know it they need you too. 

It's that hope and maybe our cheering hearts that see two people no matter the age or the odds that just look and feel right together and we can't help but want them to be together too ...

Just don't let go...  It's like we are feeling it too...

I've really enjoyed this drama--I will hate to see it end. If I have one little complaint--I wish the kissing scenes were a little more realistic. Tired of seeing her wide-eyed and shocked and stiff as a board each time they kiss. 

I'm also a little tired of SP winning the head to head all the time. 

4 hours ago, AppleBanana said:

Does anyone know what scene this was from 0:45 onward. I dont remember seeing this scene at all. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4Mq8nIjwHo.

THANKS!

That's like an extra scene they did for promotion so it's not part of the drama but it's sooooo cute! :wub:

Here's a tweet that shows the full clip. 

I imagine it might be about product placement although I didn't see any brand name but to spend several minutes watching NN playing barista with a coffee machine with all the bells and whistles doesn't seem like time well spent. It's already been established that she's a smart and capable cookie so I frankly don't see the point in all that. It's kinda funny and cute (Who doesn't enjoy watching HSY writhing in jealousy) but what's the point of it and at this point in the story?

I noticed that others here were complaining that a recent key competition was cut for reasons unknown. And then in Episode 40 again... we're watching flashbacks... then voila it's all over. It's especially telling when there's so much buildup: everyone's all nerves... the cheerleading, the pre-match conversations... but the actual competition doesn't rate much in the unfolding.  

This is my biggest beef with this drama. The odd mix of key plot points comedic filler, fan servicing, overmuch expositions and extraneous dialogue that leads to an unevenness in the storytelling.

That said, the human emotions conveyed here come across as being genuine. For that we can give most of the credit to the actors for bringing us into the inner lives, thought processes and for making us root for them. When the dialogue is good, it's really good... when it is unnecessary... well... you know what I think... ;)

There's no doubting that HSY loves his boys. He's a great paternal-fraternal figure that hits all the right notes. It's heartwarming in this day and age of oversexualization to see such an unashamed celebration of brotherhood. 

Xiao Mi and Ya Ya are just perfect together. At the risk of being firebombed, I will say that I find their romance more organic and believable. Some might find it boring but I'm just glad that those two found each other.

@40somethingahjumma The disjointed editing is, I think,  a result of the cut scenes...which is a whole 3 episodes worth. All of these scenes were game related (supposed to be Counterstrike scenes) that they filmed already. Remember the part when Gun games with TN and taught her how to climb those steps? Basically the extra scenes were similar to that...in that the actors were "in the game". On Twitter the are pics of those scenes (Li Xian posing with a rifle, etc). So when these scenes did not pass censorship and were cut, the end result is this mess at the end. The resolution of this story depended solely on the gaming competition so when they cut the scenes nothing made sense. It's really too bad. Maybe some day someone will leak the original material that it's meant to be. 

5 hours ago, AppleBanana said:

Does anyone know what scene this was from 0:45 onward. I dont remember seeing this scene at all. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4Mq8nIjwHo.

THANKS!

I was like you as I kept searching for it too. :ph34r:

Probably it is one of those edited scenes. I read somewhere that GGS actually has 44 episodes.:sweatingbullets:

Many people are disappointed that many of the CTF competition parts were censored.B)

17 hours ago, El Lieu said:

but I have to say too many flashbacks...why waste of time ..

This is probably to increase the number of episodes for commercial reasons. I have begun to tire of such tactics in dramas that are picked up for broadcast on the TV channels as they seriously dilute the quality and disrupt the pace of the drama, not to mention the ending may be edited until it makes no sense.

Love the scene when the security guard told TN that lovelorn HSY was caught by him sleeping in his car outside her house during the breakup period.

TN kept teasing him playfully and our lovestruck guy insisted it wasn't him!:tounge_xd:

Man, Episode 37 was confusing af! At the competition, they sprung upon the original members of Team Solo a celebrity match against the top 5 highest current players (looks to be Dt, Grunt, 97, the team captain of Buff, and a member of SP). However, K&K (who have 3 players in the top 5) lost to SP? And then Team Solo also beat the current players in the celebrity match. The match between K&K and SP was anti-climatic. Before we knew it, SP won. And we didn't even get to watch Team Solo play, just a speech indicating they won. I know that Team Solo was the best in their heyday (a decade ago) but 4 out of 5 of the members aren't even currently competing. Not to mentioned, Little Mi's score was so low that he was replaced before resigning from SP. It's unrealistic for Team Solo to have won but then again, this is a drama so I guess I shouldn't expect accuracy.

HSY proposes to TN, she freaks out, he takes his proposal back, and everyone now knows that TN rejected HSY's proposal. Obviously this wasn't in the book. The way she had pursued him and always seem to be the one accommodating him makes the rejection a little unrealistic. There are 4 more episodes to go so I guess it's TN's turn to go through a character growth.

One of the things I hate about the flashback scenes are that they are repeated. I know that HSY think about his past with Team Solo a lot but I wished they showcased it in a way that we're not seeing the same flashback scene again (for example, the rooftop scene where they all talk about their dreams). I felt like they wasted a lot of air time on repeated flashback scenes.

10 hours ago, chloevstkawaii said:

Man, Episode 37 was confusing af!

Yeah IKR! Regarding the match, Gun was shown previously steamrolling Grunt? or was it 97? Which is kind of wild since he quit 10 years ago and is 30. But Xiao Mi also ranked lower than demo's 70 something on world ranking, both appledog and Solo should have been on the management side for the team, and thus not much opportunity to play the game. I got the impression appledog could win against inin and 97 but I haven't checked. It was overly idealistic in the book, and it still is here.

I do think it's a good ending to team Solo, to say goodbye to their past self in a sense (payoff for mending the relationship), to thank all their fans for support, to pass on the baton to new players (not made out to be a big deal here, but 97 started because of Gun, Grunt started due to Solo, dt started cos of appledog iirc). I almost want to say maybe the new team didn't give it their all, but I think they would respect them too much to not do so. It's more likely that there's some issue with first time cooperation, nervousness with playing against your idol and all.

While I think the flashback scenes are vital to Gun and by extension the drama, I do think they repeat certain scenes too much, it's entirely okay to just flash to one particular dialogue instead of entire scene.

Ok...most definitely can't feel any chemistry between Appledog and DT other than just respectful/platonic friendship like even a ' big sis being proud of a lil' bro' type of friendship..so if we weren't informed that there's a story for these two, noone would really notice that something romantic is forming between them.

Archived