[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Go Go Squid! 亲爱的热爱的

sugarplum892

About jealous and desperate HSY rushing to the hospital knowing that TN was meeting ZH, most of us viewers should assume that YY must have told him. Since that episode was aired legally, it is all right to post without spoiler tag.:)

HSY has already seen enough of the HURT he has imposed on TN who unrelentlessly and pessistently kept asking him if she'd offended him. He himself was hurting badly knowing that he loves and yearns for her. Li Xian is acting brilliantly.:sweatingbullets:

After grocery shopping, TN asked him to have dinner with the rest but he refused. He was already softening towards her at the supermarket. 

After YY showed him something on his hp, he reflected in his car thinking about his promise to TN's mum and felt bad that he has no courage to love her.B)

He must have made a U-turn  while driving to return to XM's place only to discover TN had left. You can tell from YY's and XM's quiet conversation that they were conspiring something to make him jealous! It was YY who reminded TN about ZH's mum.:P

So our HSY has decided to be BRAVE enough to pursue TN this time. 

And now it is a role reversal indeed!:blush:

NB: Oh what has GGS done to me? Spending so much time rewatching episodes, commenting here and becoming anti-social. Heee!

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, shebacamp said:

Didn’t Gun put gps tracker on her phone to keep her safe when she was visiting him. Could be how he knows where she is.

@shebacamp thanks a lot!:kiss_wink:

YES! We have completely forgotten about it! He had it installed in the hotel room at Sanya insisting that he wasn't infringing on her privacy and that Grunt had taught him. Heee!:lol:

Of course our jealous and possessive HSY will find this APPs very useful indeed!:heart:

But then he wouldn't have known about ZH's mum's operation. Not without anyone telling him.B)

@mayra83 @KymberleeD @shebacamp @gladys57 @Tyduck

Spoiler

Omg, the whole time I thought his appearance at the hospital while TN was also there was just a coincidence. I really believed he rushed to the hospital because his friend was in the ICU after having liver surgery and that he just happened to bump into TN and ZH. I re-watch it and yes, it's possible that he was there for her and not for this "friend" because at the bar when she questioned him, he didn't elaborate. LOL

Advanced issues found

Spoiler

Now that we know more about what happened between Solo, Su Cheng, and Appledog. I still like Solo but I don't care all that much for Su Cheng or Appledog.

We learned that Su Cheng was also a former professional player on a different team. She and Solo fell in love but with Solo's commitment to building his team, he neglected Su Cheng causing her to break up with him. After they have already broken up, Su Cheng discovered that she was already 3-months pregnant with their daughter. She decided to have the baby without telling Solo. After 2 years, she couldn't handle raising her anymore because the baby has a hearing disability and she can't afford the care. She takes the baby to Solo telling him that since his team is doing well and winning a lot of competitions, he should be able to take the baby. While him and Su Cheng are talking in the bathroom, Appledog burst in and asked Solo whose baby is it? Solo tells her it's his baby. Appledog freaks out and leaves. Later on, when Su Cheng and Appledog meets privately, Appledog confessed that she was upset because Solo didn't consult with her before taking the baby in. 

I just felt like both Su Cheng and Appledog were very selfish. Su Cheng had the baby, kept her a secret and only reached out to Solo because Solo's team was winning a lot of competitions. I understand that she was struggling and couldn't take care of the baby herself but Su Cheng later leaves both father and daughter and embarked on a new life in Norway with Navi. I understand that she yearned for love but you have a child, you need to think about her. Solo was left to take care of her alone.

I also understand why Appledog got upset but if she really loved him, she would have stayed with him. It wasn't like he was cheating on her with Su Cheng. I guess to her, a baby is a deal-breaker.

At the end of the day, I hate seeing that both Su Cheng and Appledog have their happy ending. Su Cheng with Navi and Appledog with Dt while Solo is left by himself. He made the sacrifice to leave the team to raise his daughter all by himself. The scene where he was taking care of her (3 years later) and Appledog was there not lifting a single finger was especially sad. And then Su Cheng coming back to take their daughter away.

44 minutes ago, chloevstkawaii said:

@mayra83 @KymberleeD @shebacamp @gladys57 @Tyduck

Hide contents

Omg, the whole time I thought his appearance at the hospital while TN was also there was just a coincidence. I really believed he rushed to the hospital because his friend was in the ICU after having liver surgery and that he just happened to bump into TN and ZH. I re-watch it and yes, it's possible that he was there for her and not for this "friend" because at the bar when she questioned him, he didn't elaborate. LOL

It's confirmed that HSY returned to XM's place. My Chinese isn't very good so I'm rewatching ep 26 with subs which is very insightful indeed.:blush:

While walking along the alleyway after the jealous scene, TN asked HSY why he returned to XM's place when he told her he didn't want to. :lol:

YY is really the catalyst for our couple's reconciliation!:lol:

It seems HSY was saddened and affected by TN's post to him mentioning she had thrown away his KK jacket (YY took a photo of it and posted to him while TN was asleep). He seemed angry with her when they 1st met outside XM's place.

When TN told him it was done by YY, HSY demanded to know about the comment made with the photo. Naughty YY posted, "What's need to be thrown away should be thrown." This must have hurt him real bad becoz he really thought TN has had enough of him and wanted a clean break with him. Which made him go hanging around the shopping mall, missing her and buying more break up gifts for her. Heee.:sweatingbullets:

Of course TN reassured him she treasured the KK jacket a lot and it was YY's doing all those cheeky stuff while she was asleep.

Which led to him telling her he regretted saying harsh words to her. 

Although he didn't apologise, TN rubbed in by teasing him that he was SUFFERING because of her! Ha!:tounge_xd:

The walk along the alleyway is very insightful as it revealed his weakness! Best of all, who would have thought of seeing the stoic HSY having an impromptu dancing session with TN!:heart:

Now rewatching ep 27 again, this time with subs. :D

Cant help laughing at XA's advising TN, "Take advantage of his mood swings and dejection and decisively capture his fragile little heart.":lol:

Then to HSY she cajoled him by telling him, "My dad already has a daughter this old and you still have nobody that wants you. Have you no shame?":lol:

So HSY has taken to flicking TN's forehead instead of patting her head like a child.:rolleyes:

So his reward was to bring her to see grandpa but pretending to get something from home.:D

When TN reluctantly told him she didn't want to lie to grandpa about their relationship, HSY decisively told her, "If you dont want to lie, then dont."

So that is our conceited HSY's way to assure her that their relationship is back to status quo!:wub:

I'm loving and lapping up all these sutble cute moments between our OTP!  The dialogues are kiliing me too!:heart:

@gladys57

Thank you for confirming about how Gun knows where Tong Nian is (I also thought that it's due to the GPS tracker lol). But sometimes I just shut my brain off on the little details because I get to see Gun's crocodile tears, the con man act, and all the stupidity that ensues after that (the dance, playing with the cat happily, and shocking the grandpa thinking that his grandson was abducted by alien due to the sudden personality change lol)

I laughed out loud in episode 26, when the Gun was soooooooooooooo nice to the grandpa and we all could see that he's so happy (after his reconciliation with Tong Nian), and the grandpa just say: "You have a change in personality?" LOL That was hilarious

About Su Cheng, Appledog and Solo:

They were all young back then. Who didn't make mistake when you were young? Su Cheng was young too, and didn't have experience handling children, and so she thought why not give it to the father who could take care of her better. I know that she's wrong, but in Chinese community, single mother is not that appreciated while single father, while still being discriminated, but not as harsh as the single mother. So I could kind of understand why Su Cheng didn't want to handle the responsibility. This happens in my family, so I know how nasty it is living with someone you don't love just for the sake of child

In my opinion, none of them actually make the wrong move. I just thought that they were too young, they don't know how to deal with the sudden change in their life. Appledog could be nasty and ask him to give the daughter back to Su Cheng or she will leave (making Solo choose between her and the daughter), but I think she's mature enough to move on and leave

All in all, I like episode 26-27 so much. It told me many stories about the other characters and make me got connected with them. I also love Xiao Ai

2 hours ago, Juuchan said:

They were all young back then. Who didn't make mistake when you were young? Su Cheng was young too, and didn't have experience handling children, and so she thought why not give it to the father who could take care of her better. I know that she's wrong, but in Chinese community, single mother is not that appreciated while single father, while still being discriminated, but not as harsh as the single mother. So I could kind of understand why Su Cheng didn't want to handle the responsibility. This happens in my family, so I know how nasty it is living with someone you don't love just for the sake of child

In my opinion, none of them actually make the wrong move. I just thought that they were too young, they don't know how to deal with the sudden change in their life. Appledog could be nasty and ask him to give the daughter back to Su Cheng or she will leave (making Solo choose between her and the daughter), but I think she's mature enough to move on and leave

All in all, I like episode 26-27 so much. It told me many stories about the other characters and make me got connected with them. I also love Xiao Ai

Agree on this, they were too young to handle this matter.  I believe at that time Solo should be around 20-21 (if he is same age as HSY) & Appledog was only 16! 

Pretty sure it was mentioned in the book that you can't expect Appledog to be able to handle being a mom at 16.  Thus she decided to leave.

@40somethingahjumma Sending you a hug!  Don't be to hard on yourself for I have always been a fan of your thoughts and writing.  I haven't been on a thread yet that those on it didn't seek the most currant news, thoughts, episodes etc...  Including myself, if it wasn't great there would be no effort and we wouldn't be here in the first place...:heart:

Oh boy, that scene where they all went to the village to visit their relatives, friends and the elder, and they were asking the younger generations all those personal questions, man can i relate! But unlike HSY, i wouldn't have the guts to excuse myself and walk out of there, seemed a bit impolite, i just sat there, nodded my head and smiled like TN and her cousins too haha.

19 hours ago, mayra83 said:
  Hide contents

I am wondering about something :

When TN went to the hospital to visit her friend's mom, how did HSY knew about her place and why he went to the hospital? ( It's like a scene is missing in the end of episode 24!!!?)

I can't also understand how he suddenly decided to apologize to TN and told her he didn't mean his word? Did he only change his mind and understand that he likes her and should not break with her even his promised to her mom he will not be with TN anymore? 

This was exactly what I was wondering. I’m confused how all of a sudden he seems to be pursuing her again. I agree it feels like a scene was missing. What made him change his mind? Why? Was it after seeing the website she made for him? How did he even know she was at the hospital?

edit: ok I see some of these questions were answered already. I guess I had wanted to see the change/realization happen on screen. 

I believe it is that pep talk from Yaya regarding how Tong Nian really felt for Han Shang Yun. He saw the hard work she had put in for him. In the end, he had to admit he was a coward and did not even had the courage to love unlike Tong Nian

Furthermore, the past few days he was "lost" without Tong Nian. He finally pluck up the courage. Of course, seeing another "fly" buzzing around Tong Nian, he got all geared up to "GO".

7 hours ago, Juuchan said:

That's a really good point. I forget that they were very young then. However, with Su Cheng, I understand not wanting to stay in a relationship just for the sake of a child but to not even be a part of your daughter's life for 10 years? Solo didn't seem like the kind of person that would prevent her from seeing her daughter. Though I remember Xiao Ai mentioning her grandmother telling her about her mother so maybe the grandmother had something to do with it?

I also really enjoy all the insights in Episodes 26-27 and also the reconciliation of our main leads. They will still have to battle mommy dearest but it's nice to see them sweet and smiley again. I think what I appreciated most in the Episode 27 was learning about Gun's character and how he was willing to sacrifice himself (to be Xiao Ai's father so Solo and Appledog can reconcile). Gun's a good man even with all his flaws.

It's midnight here and I'm squealing like a teenager (luckily everyone's asleep) while watching ep 30.:D

That KISS initiated by HSY on TN with kitty looking innocently at them is PURE GOLD! It must be wondering what was going on?:heart:

Our "boy in luv" HSY even opened a Weibo account just for TN. Later HSY & TN chatted like teenagers on their mobiles! So cheezy but cute!:blush:

3 hours ago, Mapleoaks5 said:

This was exactly what I was wondering. I’m confused how all of a sudden he seems to be pursuing her again. I agree it feels like a scene was missing. What made him change his mind? Why? Was it after seeing the website she made for him? How did he even know she was at the hospital?

edit: ok I see some of these questions were answered already. I guess I had wanted to see the change/realization happen on screen. 

same here. it felt a bit out of place that he just started pursuing her in the hospital scene again. 

Holding-hands.jpg61950561_115555119499061_400605159643966327_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-hel2-1.cdninstagram.com

There is always something that moves you enough to make you reflect and there are many to choose from in this drama.  Still I guess one of my favorites would be Solo and hearing the truth about his story and better understanding the man he is and the choices he made and the responsibilities he took on.  I had a new respect for this character and to be honest it was an important message that I believe has value in our world today.  And I am thankful for this writer bringing light to it...

It's one thing becoming a parent a whole other thing finding out you have a daughter that you didn't even know about and aren't prepared for.  Still I loved when everyone else was saying you don't even know if she is yours and he never gave it a second thought or doubt and no tests were needed or required for he went right over picked her up held her closely within his arms and in so many words said she is mine...

When thinking about everyone around him wanting it to not be so.   Still while his whole world and dreams might have seemed to be crumbling around him while watching that hurt in Appledog the woman he loved standing there in shock.  He could have made a million excuses, denied and even run.  He may not have wanted it to happen the way it did but what I appreciate about him is that he didn't send her away.  Instead she moved into his home and into his heart...

He said it much better than I ever could but of all the failures in his life his daughter wasn't one of them... 

Yeah, I find him to be a great character as well esp towards the end the words w/his daughter.  That's why I didn't really understand why Gun God would be sooo upset w/him & not Appledog?  Isn't she also the one that wanted to leave in the first place?  The man fathered a child and wanted to take care of the kid you can't say he's wrong?  He's been a responsible person.  

Archived