[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Go Go Squid! 亲爱的热爱的

sugarplum892

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/31/2018 at 4:02 AM, Kimchi Sweet Potato said:

Does it premiere tonight?

I don't think it has an air date yet.  If you were looking at Mydramalist where it previously listed the air date as 12/31/18, they do that for every drama that doesn't have an air date yet.  They set it to the last day of the current year.  So, now, the MDL page for this drama says 12/13/19.

Probably will never air at all. Tonight Rumor is circulating that the true PD for this drama is actually a famous taiwanese director who is pro taiwanese independence. Idk why the production is hiring him when there is so many pds in china and hiding this fact for so long. Well, if it is truly banned, then what a waste 

On 1/6/2019 at 7:55 AM, gibas231 said:

Probably will never air at all. Tonight Rumor is circulating that the true PD for this drama is actually a famous taiwanese director who is pro taiwanese independence. Idk why the production is hiring him when there is so many pds in china and hiding this fact for so long. Well, if it is truly banned, then what a waste 

This makes me so sad. I hope it airs. I wanted to see Yang Zi in a modern drama and I like the Go go Squid story.

so I read somewhere that there was some controversy regarding the director of this drama and some pro Taiwan independence comments. Not sure if this will affect the drama or how it will affect it but could be a problem :( 

EDIT: just saw above comment... so sad 

Now, i expect it still to air but some audience may have stay away from this drama. The production house or someone  behind the scenes have been paying hush money and asking weibo to delete public post regarding this issue, changed the director’s name even thought footage or pictures of director are everywhere during the filming.

also, Several YZ fans have been accusing other artists fans for the initial exposed posts and highlighting other taiwanese artist as pro taiwanese independence too like ariel to justify this issue. 

Ugh, why bring Ariel onto this? This richard simmons me off, i am no longer interested in this drama. 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

19 hours ago, themarchioness said:

Croton Media shared a teaser clip yesterday:

gahhhh !!! wat is this cute stuff!! >.< Too much cuteness nowadays in c-drama land!! :w00t: Yangzi is really cute here! And Li Xian just embodies Gun!!! Can't wait to watch it already!! T.T

This is supposed to air this summer right? I hope it does.. T.T

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Good News about Go Go Squid airing.... 

To be honest, Squid is not a favorite of mine out of all MBFB's book.. but I'm still excited all the same. :)

I think the official YT will be croton based on the trailers on their YT site... lols

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPIRD4yr1hlAEovBCSNlAKg/videos

Anyway.. here's new Promotional picture.. So Much Pink hahahha.... 

D-rQ75zUwAAy6Lq.jpg

More:

Spoiler

D-rQ-YmUEAEh6Hb.jpg

D-rQ_WBU0AAcaFZ.jpg

D-rTKH-UIAEHk3p.jpg

D-rTKH_VUAAZMYT.jpg

And a short new trailer

Croton has released the MV for the end theme song, "Milk Bread."  (LOL @ the part where she tells him if he doesn't like what she's wearing, he can tell her what he'd like her to wear the next time, and she will - while the rest of his teammates break out into laughter)

Yay! Counting down the days to airtime! The things I loved about the novel was the female lead's cosplay persona and her computing skills. My favorite arc is towards the end where she works a cosplay convention, wearing one of her character outfits that reveals her figure. She is at her booth meeting fans when Gun shows after meeting with some execs about biz opportunities and possibility of using well known female cosplayer for promo opps. He walks over to the area of her booth and is not pleased about what she is wearing. lol What I liked is that the novel showed they were both successful in their own fields of work.

I did not see any cosplaying in the trailers :D but I am looking forward to seeing this drama!

Archived