[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Go Go Squid! 亲爱的热爱的

sugarplum892

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are times when I want to throttle HSY (short-lived urges) but perhaps it's because of LX's performance, his projected vulnerability manages to overcome my frustration over his momentary lapse of reason. ;) Underneath all the prickles, he's really a bit of a pathetic soul whose had to fight against the odds to carve his own niche in relatively unknown territory.

It's hilarious though that his friends... those who have known him the longest... all know exactly what he thinks about NN... There's no fooling them even he's managed to convince her. The history these friends have had with him allow them insight into his temperamental quirks. Why he maintains the pretence of being a grumpy sod baffles me? But they read him like a book and it is their job to reassure her that "it's just a phase he's going through".  Love how they all call her Big Sis-in-Law especially when she's roughly around their age or younger. No surprise that they all love her. She's very likeable although I think the aegyo is overdone at times.

Nice that Xiao Mi is getting his little romance with YY. His big comeback wasn't what he had hoped but having her around has cushioned his disappointment. I was wondering who the actor was as he looked vaguely familiar but lo and behold he was in Namiya, a movie I ended up really liking a lot to my surprise.

Well, it didn't take Xiao Han to crack at all. Sheesh... Why did you even bother? But it was actually funny more than angsty watching HSY trying to swat off potential suitors with both eyes on NN. Obviously our boy didn't think things through properly. He was imagining all kinds of things and moping around escalators. Oh yes, I much prefer HSY the doting boyfriend being extremely hot and flirty than the Mr Grumpy persona he pretends to inhabit.

@rocat

I'm a huge fan of Medical Examiner Dr Qin where LX plays Lin Tao, the squad leader of the homicide dept. It's one of the few C dramas that I've watched more than twice. I don't consider it all that gory perhaps because I'm a seasoned crime show buff. It's really only the first arc that's unusually grotesque and macabre.  There's no overt romance but the banter and chemistry amongst the 3 leads is fantastic. LX is very funny in it.

Hello to everyone here!

I've always been a lurker here but this drama make me want to step forward and say something

I really really like this drama. I usually didn't prefer any drama with stupid characters (e.g. choose the noble break-up, no matter how noble), but Han Shangyan just killed me with all his gestures. Still remember how he got sick after he "broke up" with Tong Nian for the first time. That was hilarious. I'm glad to see that the breakup is not as teary (though still hurts) and not as dramatic as what I watched in K-dramas, so I really enjoyed it

I hope everyone could guide me along until the end of the drama <3

1 hour ago, Juuchan said:

Hello to everyone here!

I've always been a lurker here but this drama make me want to step forward and say something

I really really like this drama. I usually didn't prefer any drama with stupid characters (e.g. choose the noble break-up, no matter how noble), but Han Shangyan just killed me with all his gestures. Still remember how he got sick after he "broke up" with Tong Nian for the first time. That was hilarious. I'm glad to see that the breakup is not as teary (though still hurts) and not as dramatic as what I watched in K-dramas, so I really enjoyed it

I hope everyone could guide me along until the end of the drama <3

So I'm not the only one who finds HSY's  "break up" period adorable. And LX's acting especially his facial expressions are SPOT ON. He looks extremely gorgeous even when he was "acting angry" with TN! :blush:

Luckily, our HSY is MAN enough to reconcile with her within a short period of time. If I'm not mistaken it only lasted a week?:wub:

Anyway, @Juuchan welcome to thread!

32 minutes ago, gladys57 said:

So I'm not the only one who finds HSY's  "break up" period adorable. And LX's acting especially his facial expressions are SPOT ON. He looks extremely gorgeous even when he was "acting angry" with TN! :blush:

Luckily, our HSY is MAN enough to reconcile with her within a short period of time. If I'm not mistaken it only lasted a week?:wub:

Anyway, @Juuchan welcome to thread!

Thanks for welcoming me! :D

And yeah, I think that the break-up is adorable. I watched episode 22-23, fearing that it would be really bad, but I found it hilarious instead. It's really sad that they broke up, but he himself not being able to forget Tong Nian, and just look grumpy all the time because she's not with him lol This is the first time I watch a "breakup" scene that's quite realistic, where both parties just try to move on with their lives without any dramatic action. There are tears, and I silently cried along with them at those times, but other than that it's just simply an adorable breakup. I know Mo Bao Fei Bao wouldn't disappoint me :D 

Nah, if Han Shangyan didn't reconcile with Tong Nian in a flash, I'm afraid all the K&K member would die within seconds. Grumpy Gun = Murderous Gun. With Tong Nian along, they're safer anyway XD

Episode 33 is the best for me. I knew something was off with Tong Nian sitting in the sofa with that smile on her face. The last time she had one can of beer now she drank the whole bottle. She literally took Han Shang Yun for a strawberry and practically ate his lips. Poor man, got harassed again. I am sure Han Shang Yun will make a house rule, no alcohol for Tong Nian in public.

Looking forward for the sub episodes.

Finally finish the whole series.... fuyoh! too sweet ady both HSY and TN.. their sweetness starts at ep 30 !!! i never get bored each episode... loves the story soo much .. Yan Zi never fail me with her acting.. she is sooo adorable.... 

I think most of the kids are older than TN even thou they keep her calling her big sis.  Well, probably DEMO is the only one younger than her as she plays a 19 or 20 yo right?  Demo probably plays younger since he's the baby in that group.  He's so cute but I do like 97 & Grunt as well.  Even 97 is older than her since he said he's born in 1997 no? lol....haha...Can you guys believe Grunt is actually older than the leads? lol....I goggled him and he's like 32?? Omg...he looks so young.  Alot of eye candy in this show. haha..... The worst I think is the horrific outfits that TN wears?  OMG...like WTH did they find those ugly ugliest outfits really?  She literally didn't wear anything cute/good as a 19 yo should wear.   hahah LOL..

1 hour ago, visiopeia said:

Finally finish the whole series.... fuyoh! too sweet ady both HSY and TN.. their sweetness starts at ep 30 !!! i never get bored each episode... loves the story soo much .. Yan Zi never fail me with her acting.. she is sooo adorable.... 

hi, can you pm me link where you watched it...? 

been always jumping in on a KDrama thread. 

this is the first time ever i have jumped on CDrama forum... i have watched some CDrama and loved some of them, but this is the one that made me search a forum to get more info about it. 

waving hi to everyone on board!

I love HSY's stalking scene. I assume he relented and went upstairs to join the rest for dinner only to learn that TN has gone to see ZH. The way he managed to "sabotage" ZH's date (this actor's character in LCDF was also in the same situation. :D )with TN is mean but hilarious! :lol:

Then he used his own sad growing up story to to convince her that his story is more pitiful than ZH's.:lol:

@gladys57 @Juuchan 

I think what I was most anxious about was more the conversation between TN's mom & HSY. I wasn't too nervous about the actual break up because I know that in the end, they will be together. I guess for me, my heart hurt for HSY because although everyone think that he's experienced and so much older than TN, it really is his very first relationship and he's still learning as he goes with TN. I just dreaded watching TN's mom criticize him and make him feel low as though he isn't good enough for TN. But I did plow through Episodes 21-23 and came out alive, LOL.

HSY's world really came crumbling down in these episodes, his forced breakup with TN, Demo's mother wanting to break Demo's contract and take him back home (I think besides Dt, out of all the K&K boys, HSY is closest to Demo because he's the baby of the group), and then Little Mi's announcement that he's going to resign from professional play.

Also, I really enjoy story between HSY and his stepmom. At first, I was under the assumption that they didn't have a good relationship but those scenes together made me realized how much his stepmom love him. He was a rebellious child so their relationship ended up being strained but I love how she said that no matter what, she has a responsibility to him as a mother even if she's getting married to another man. One of my favorite lines from HSY: "I'm not going to your wedding, I'm jealous in place of Dad." LOL!

You know I wondering the lead's cousin is so cute and he likes that much older woman ex group of theirs?  Really weird but whatever haha so in the book or drama will he ever really chase her to be his GF or he will never approach her?  I don't get it.  And when did she broke up w/Solo?  When he found he fathered that daughter of his?  I never really get why the discard w/Solo and how they parted ways and main lead was really really and retired. hahah Lol...The throwbacks were boring for me. hahaha Sorry.  Was it due to he had to leave to group to take care of his newborn daughter?  

9 minutes ago, Sony2017 said:

You know I wondering the lead's cousin is so cute and he likes that much older woman ex group of theirs?  Really weird but whatever haha so in the book or drama will he ever really chase her to be his GF or he will never approach her?  I don't get it.  And when did she broke up w/Solo?  When he found he fathered that daughter of his?  I never really get why the discard w/Solo and how they parted ways and main lead was really really and retired. hahah Lol...The throwbacks were boring for me. hahaha Sorry.  Was it due to he had to leave to group to take care of his newborn daughter?  

Solo and Su Cheng (HSY's team manager) were each other's first love but they broke up. Su Cheng found out that she was pregnant after they had already broken up and Solo was in a relationship with Appledog. Appledog was upset so she decided to leave the team. Solo also decided to leave the team. Solo and Su Cheng got married for their daughter, to give her legitimacy but divorced afterward. She left their daughter with Solo which is why there's a strained between mother and daughter. Now Su Cheng wants her daughter back. Su Cheng's married to someone else now (Nai Wei/Navi). Team Solo participated in that last competition where they won. Afterward, both Solo and Appledog would leave. That's why HSY announced his retirement because even though they won, it wouldn't be the same without Solo and Appledog and that's why he blames Solo.

The story of Dt and Appledog is actually the prequel to Go Go Squid. She looks so much older in the drama and he looks so young but I think the age gap isn't that wide. I think it's like 3 years? I didn't read the story though but I know they're a couple.

7 minutes ago, Sony2017 said:

That was the flashbacks are for, you will know how the team was back then and how they got separated.

Spoiler

Solo was on a relationship with Appledog when he find out that he have a baby with his ex(Gun's current assistant). That's how the team broke apart. IIRC it was Appledog who left the team, then Solo wanted to take care of his daughter.

Wu Bai(Gun's cousin) first interaction with Appledog(Ai Qing) was on the first chapter of the first novel(God's left hand).

I guess the benefit of the watching the flashbacks is you will get to know what kind of person Gun is, back then.

Spoiler

Even tho i dont understand chinese, I watched the episode where Gun reconciled with Solo and Appledog. Damn it was an emotional roller coaster for me. I've skipped some parts on the flashbacks. But, definitely I'll be watching it again without skipping anything.

1 hour ago, KymberleeD said:

been always jumping in on a KDrama thread. 

this is the first time ever i have jumped on CDrama forum... i have watched some CDrama and loved some of them, but this is the one that made me search a forum to get more info about it. 

I am the same. This time I am finding myself following this drama even when it is not subbed. I think the main lead is so very handsome and has such an expressive face. 

I really liked episode 26-27 which is focused on Xiao Ai, she has become my favourite female character in the drama. The young actress is only 10 or 11? The drama actually explain very clearly why Su Cheng did what she did, thank GOD, because the novel never did. I think it's understandable why Xiao Ai reacted badly, and I liked that she listened and tried to communicate with other people, and understand from other people's point of view. I also appreciate the conversation between Su Cheng & Ai Qing. It resolved one of the biggest glaring plot issue present in Tempest Chambers. Not to mention it sort of help developing Tong Nian and helped her relationship with HSY too.

@chloevstkawaii yknow, I'm starting to wonder if dt and appledog got together in the drama. Time line-wise, they should have already been together after Guangzhou (ep 5)? Or just before? They should definitely have been together while oversea. So far, the drama just established dt's one sided crush. Anyways, yeah, dt in the novel should have been 22 and appledog is 25. I think here he might be closer to 25 and she's 28, but they never tell you so it's all a mystery! The timeline in the drama is sort of wonky, like in the book too, so you can only vaguely peg the years things happen.

thank so much for the brief explanation of the flashbacks...

i am too is just as guilty as everyone here skipping the black and whites videos...! lol... i would live forever just to see HSY and TN alone! lol :lol:

this was just recommended by a friend to me last Saturday and i marathon-ed the subbed for two nights already.. up until 3am!  - with that said, yes, i am in to this drama!!! lol!

Spoiler

any one knows the link with the full episode on eng subbed?

Archived