[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Go Go Squid! 亲爱的热爱的

sugarplum892

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Although I'm getting Legend of YX vibes from this OTP, the pacing of this drama is an issue. I don't know why C dramas seldom get it right. Either they slice and dice it up like a brisket or pad it up with so stuffing that it becomes unsatisfying.The romance is nicely done though somewhat cheesy at the start and there's undoubtedly a lot of filler to get this show to 40+ episodes. Delving into the OTP's relationship with those around them and the flashbacks to when he was a part of Team Solo are fine but there's a lot of natter that's unnecessary in terms of furthering the plot. 

Li Xian is a revelation. He owns every scene he's in and yes... he's immensely swoony. Even when he's grumpy. But the most swoonworthy bits are when he's finally fallen for NN and does his Mr Adorkable act. 

It's doubly enjoyable that they're both new at the game of love. More so that they're both forthright. Even though HSY says he's not romantic, he's super romantic in that he is willing to ask and learn from her and others. He may be brusque but he's not above asking for help. A man who knows his limitations and is frank about them is very very attractive. Anyhow, he's thoughtful in his own way.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRFg55yp_Ui0oYkgmsbR-cimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcQppycTwChpDRyEnHmr8kTjKTPkKkXOFy7NSwQ_OIKNAW2BsrFg65610865_157198188789611_7862786591004360928_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-den4-1.cdninstagram.com

No evil parents, girlfriends, or the love of money and agendas to deal with and that's why it's so relaxing to watch.  It's story is so focused and it's beauty is in watching the leads fumble innocently in experiencing love and learning what all a relationship means.  I think eating mango's when you know you're allergic just because you want to protect his feelings and are just thankful to be near him.  Might seem blind and yet it's meaning is so clear.  Loving someone more than even yourself and that willingness to do it even in silence is so precious to watch...

Even more in those tender little things he does in silence for her as well.  Like not asking for that necklace back no matter the price. Yet I think what moves me most is his ability because of her words and actions to see himself in a different light.  While she allows others to see him through her eyes and heart too...

How comforting it would be after so many years and struggles to find someone who understands and accepts you just as you are and isn't a burden but instead is willing to carry yours...

Spoiler

Anyone can tell me a resume of what happened in today's episodes as i decided to postpone last episodes until the breakup is finished, i can't stand this second breakup which is harsh than the first according to the preview :tears:

So i just want to know some summaries. :rolleyes:

7 hours ago, mayra83 said:

Reveal hidden contents

Anyone can tell me a resume of what happened in today's episodes as i decided to postpone last episodes until the breakup is finished, i can't stand this second breakup which is harsh than the first according to the preview :tears:

So i just want to know some summaries. :rolleyes:

Spoiler

:angry: I'm still upset with today's epi.

TN's mom had HSY promised her not to see TN anymore becos he broke her heart and made her cried and I'm so peeved that he agreed and then he mislead TN making her feeling so guilty thinking she was at fault that he is very upset ( his excuse was he never wanted the cat while she thought it was bcos she had invited her schoolmate and his mom to temporarily stay with her family ).

Grandpa Han tried to intervene but TN's mom didn't want to have that conversation with him.

And then there's Xiao Mi (not sure what's his issue and with my limited understanding of mandarin I'm guessing it has something to do with his low self-esteem?).

Spoiler

In ep 21, when he was being spoken to, rather harshly methinks, by Mom looked apathetic. The only emotion I saw was that knitted brow face. I am sure he was quite upset. I was. 

Poor thing is like a vessel containing everything within. He did burst a bit when speaking to TN later...bad timing...poor girl didn’t even know what hit her. 

I think Gun must hv a mild form of alexithymia...

1 hour ago, rocat said:
  Reveal hidden contents

In ep 21, when he was being spoken to, rather harshly methinks, by Mom looked apathetic. The only emotion I saw was that knitted brow face. I am sure he was quite upset. I was. 

Poor thing is like a vessel containing everything within. He did burst a bit when speaking to TN later...bad timing...poor girl didn’t even know what hit her. 

I think Gun must hv a mild form of alexithymia...

Spoiler

TN's mom is really something tho., she was a bit harsh but if u really think about it, maybe it was really TN's fault, she cried when she was the one who broke off with Gun in the first place and her mom tried to comfort her but when she got back with him, she never said anything to her parents thus the whole misunderstanding but then again, her mom might still disapprove of him :wacko:

I was somehow hoping it'll be like in the novel, Gun went and finally face her parents but in this case her mom and gave his little 'story' on how he'd met TN etc. but they changed it up a bit.

I saw a preview of epi.22 and 23, seems like we're gonna get some sadness with Gun/TN and maybe with the help of her friend's 'counselling/advise' probably all good again and also i saw a bit of humor too with Gun's conversations with his stepmom and those 'kids' of his.  Good times coming!!

This weekend's episodes are just so depressing and honestly I've only been watching teaser clips and skimmed through the beginning of today's episode. The cat bit with HSY was really cute if you watch like the first 5 minutes. I'm still debating with myself on whether or not to skip tomorrow and wait for Monday. Or watch the end of ep 23 to see if there's any hint of reconciliation. 

On a happier note, Li Xian is definitely being recognized...before the drama aired, he had 4.2M followers on Weibo and currently he has close to 10M! That's so crazy! 

I simply love to see Wu Bai and his facial expressions while he quietly observes his cousin HSY especially when he's with TN!:lol:

I'm sure he could already sense that HSY was "not totally indifferent" to TN right from the beginning when they met a 2nd time at the competition hall. Who else but he could detect this as they're living together for some time.:D

IMO, from his telling the elders that TN is HSY's girlfriend, he's actually saving HSY from being match made with her cousin whom he disliked instantly. Although HSY who was annoyed, scolded & threatened Wu Bai, I'm sure he was RELIEVED that he is BETTER OFF with TN!:blush:

Which is why he agreed to TN's suggestion that they should pretend to date. Best of all, he even allowed her to decide when she wanted to break up. Isn't that a sign of his softening towards her?:P

With this break up, let's talk about other happy moments of this gem of a drama.:love:

7 hours ago, jewelsc said:
  Hide contents

:angry: I'm still upset with today's epi.

TN's mom had HSY promised her not to see TN anymore becos he broke her heart and made her cried and I'm so peeved that he agreed and then he mislead TN making her feeling so guilty thinking she was at fault that he is very upset ( his excuse was he never wanted the cat while she thought it was bcos she had invited her schoolmate and his mom to temporarily stay with her family ).

Grandpa Han tried to intervene but TN's mom didn't want to have that conversation with him.

And then there's Xiao Mi (not sure what's his issue and with my limited understanding of mandarin I'm guessing it has something to do with his low self-esteem?).

Spoiler

@jewelsc thank you very much for the resume. I did well to not watch these heart wrenching episodes.:tears:

I can somewhat understand TN's mom reaction and her opinion about HSY, he wasn' at first good to TN, but she doesn't know that he started to like her and show his kind side. HSY has his special flaws but he was sincere to tell TN about them. He shouldn't be cold, 

Mislead and leave TN with such an excuse, but i think this breakup will lead HSY to spot his lapse and uncover his love for TN by missing her. 

For someone who never listen to his elders, he listened to Tong Nian's mother pretty well. I suppose being a first timer boyfriend, he did not have the knowledge to "deal" with it. Normally, man will give his piggyback or princess carry when their girlfriend is drunk but Han Shang Yun did a fireman's carry instead.

Yet, like the break-up before he is lurking behind the scenes worried for her well-being. I hope the whole group will just joined it and pretend to flirt with Tong Nian and make Han Shang Yun super jealous. We have seen the signs of him "warning" any male who even hold a conversation with Tong Nian in front of him.

Saw a clip where Wu Bai put him on speaker as he asked whether Tong Nian had come to look for him. The boys praised that Tong Nian bought them snacks and all. Han Shang Yun looked really upset.

Despite his lack of women in his life but I felt that his stepmother was a great supporter as she told him that she will always looked out for him until the day she pass on She also gave a whole collection of jewelries for Han Shang Yun to pass on to his wife. Likewise, Tong Nian also expressed that she will always be his supporter even he did not love her anymore.

I found it so funny when Solo's daughter and Tong Nian had an argument who was better. Hang Shang Yun or Solo. Solo's daughter said her father is so suave that Tong Nian should consider him instead of Han Shang Yun and Tong Nian expressed that she thought that Solo was fat.

15 hours ago, USAFarmgirl 2 said:

@jacquelinetan  Did you say break up?  All of a sudden I wish I had read the book...

27113600.jpgf5c21b2309844105a5e84afec3ab0592.jpg?x=b27113606.jpg

I wrote to soon there goes my relaxing....

Can't they just stay like this for a while...

Just watched Episode 24 & 25 on Monday (China) as it was remarked "sunshine after the rain" so they would have gone back together.

Rewatching ep 11 and laughed myself silly:D

TN was wearing a green hat with a green welcoming placard when she went to welcome HSY back from Norway. DT told the closed eyed HSY that TN was waiting for him outside the bus. When he saw TN, he gave her a "murderous glare" and sarcastically commented, "Green hat! Where is your fashion taste?":lol:

It seems the jargon of wearing a green hat implies that a guy's wife or gf is cheating on him.:glasses:

No wonder he was offended and suggested that she shouldn't dress in that way in future much to the amusement of the other guys! TN then innocently replied that she'll dress accordingly to his taste in future. (Yang Zi's innocent acting is SPOT ON!) DT then decided to move to the back of the bus!:sweatingbullets:

This SCENE is one of my favourites so far!:blush:

Archived