[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Go Go Squid! 亲爱的热爱的

sugarplum892

16 minutes ago, angelangie said:

didnt he own his own company.....how can he be broke?

Most e-sports organization/ceo relies on sponsorship money and on player contracts (prize money goes to the players and some organizations takes 5-10% of the prize money to run its business i.e. flight, booking, etc.)

So yeah, investing in the e-sport industry is risky if it does not  have a good foundation. (In their situation its CTF which I didnt know at first that this kind of competitive scene existed)

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, USAFarmgirl 2 said:

Hello everyone...  Since there are so many great viewers & writers with great taste here I decided to start this drama today hoping you won't mind another person adding their thoughts after I catch up LOL...:heart:

Hi Chingu :D

2 hours ago, chloevstkawaii said:

I just knew they were going to make a big deal about TN's mother not liking him because she thinks he's too old for her. I can't believe there's going to be a second breakup! That was not to case in the book, right? :(

No more breakup in the novel after their trip incident, but he did face her parents and resolved matters quickly but in the drama, mom is trying very hard to break them up, drama mom is more ill-mannered by showing how very displeased she is with him but novel mom is more sensitive and concerned.  Well let's see how this event will turns out, i think TN will talk her mom into accepting him by letting her know he is her one and only.

I finally watched Ep 16. The waiting is so hard! I think I just need to stop comparing the drama with the book and just enjoy it. For some reasons, I just love the way HSY say TN's name. It sounds so sexy! I'm really enjoying both characters as well as all the side characters.

I didn't really understand it but in the scene where Miss Zhou shows up in HSY's hotel room and she's telling him about how if Little Mi doesn't perform well, he's going to get demoted to Team 2 which mean that he wouldn't be able to participate in the World Championship. She then say that she can help raise Little Mi's rank with media coverage. Was she trying to exchange this favor with something sexual from HSY or am I reading between the lines? He goes on to lecture her on ethicals and such, which is why I was confused.

2 minutes ago, jewelsc said:

No more breakup in the novel after their trip incident, but he did face her parents and resolved matters quickly but in the drama, mom is trying very hard to break them up, drama mom is more ill-mannered by showing how very displeased she is with him but novel mom is more sensitive and concerned.  Well let's see how this event will turns out, i think TN will talk her mom into accepting him by letting her know he is her one and only.

Okay that's what I thought. In Ep 15 when Grandpa mentioned that her parents might not be understanding towards HSY's profession and that it might be hard on her, she changed the subject. Which lead me to believe that they're probably going to do something about it later. Maybe among all the sugar, we will need a brief heartbreak. I just hope it's brief. I'm loving the newness of their relationship right now.

HSY's relieved look & GENTLE PAT on TN's head when she told him she didn't want a break up at all is more SWOONING than a KISS! I rewatched that scene countless times.:blush:

HSY must be praying hard she'd not give up on him as he's confirmed to himself that he's fallen hard for her especially after hearing how she'd patiently explained to his grandpa about his career and how she respects and admires him. He immediately went to the comp to watch his powerful speech which TN had memorised and recited to grandpa! :love:

Anyway, I'm really addicted to this drama now after suffering from LCDF withdrawal syndrone.:heart:

A big wave to @rocat, @angelangie, @phuong1317, @gracebkk and @USAFarmgirl 2.

I am not sure I heard right but that antique necklace cost him a five or six figure sum after conversion to USD. Hehe...that is a big diff cos I didn’t catch if it was 100k or 1000k RMB. 

If it is the six figure sum, I‘m impressed he had the half he had and was so willing to present that necklace to TN on what seemed like a whim. Why did he do something like that? He doesn’t seem extravagant. Quite telling of the subconscious affection...or pride of not taking back what had been given.

anyhoo...waiting for tonight’s eps. Being this hooked is disastrous for real life! :P the last time was Love 020.

27 minutes ago, chloevstkawaii said:

She then say that she can help raise Little Mi's rank with media coverage. Was she trying to exchange this favor with something sexual from HSY or am I reading between the lines? He goes on to lecture her on ethicals and such, which is why I was confused.

I caught the reference to favours in exchange for media manipulation to boost reputation of  Lt Mi. Not clear if they were of the naughty kind but in the bathrobe and with her annoying totally not sexy come hither face, it somehow managed to look that way.  

On hindsight, I think she hinted about being together with Gun and the gibberish about how useful she’d be if she were by his side.

2 minutes ago, rocat said:

I am not sure I heard right but that antique necklace cost him a five or six figure sum after conversion to USD. Hehe...that is a big diff cos I didn’t catch if it was 100k or 1000k RMB. 

If it is the six figure sum, I‘m impressed he had the half he had and was so willing to present that necklace to TN on what seemed like a whim. Why did he do something like that? He doesn’t seem extravagant. Quite telling of the subconscious affection...or pride of not taking back what had been given.

anyhoo...waiting for tonight’s eps. Being this hooked is disastrous for real life! :P the last time was Love 020.

So addicted to this drama, I rewatched the last few ep 3x and saw the amount he remitted to Stepmum and was convinced he 's clearly unconsciously in love with her by ep 12. That sum was about 960 000 rmb!:blush:

He has to relent by giving her that TREASURE as you can see his reactions during her drunken state. Heeeeeee!

He was smiling so sweetly when she 1st hugged him. His expression was really PRICELESS!:heart:

I disagree with 2 of the comments here that HSY fell for TN too suddenly.

He seemed indifferent and annoyed  with her persistence but I'm sure he slowly got curious about her by the way he subtlely observe her.:D

I'm positive he was quite impressed with her in ep 6 when he heard that she's a genius who went to Uni at 15 and is a graduate student at 19. Was eating and looked up instantly looking pleased.:lol: He's so cute he got 97 & Demo to chat with her during dinner in order to find out more about her. :heart:

32 minutes ago, gladys57 said:

HSY's relieved look & GENTLE PAT on TN's head when she told him she didn't want a break up at all is more SWOONING than a KISS! I rewatched that scene countless times.:blush:

HSY must be praying hard she'd not give up on him as he's confirmed to himself that he's fallen hard for her especially after hearing how she'd patiently explained to his grandpa about his career and how she respects and admires him. He immediately went to the comp to watch his powerful speech which TN had memorised to grandpa! :love:

Anyway, I'm really addicted to this drama now after suffering from LCDF withdrawal syndrone.:heart:

A big wave to @rocat, @angelangie, @phuong1317, @gracebkk and @USAFarmgirl 2.

hiiii @gladys57. glad you found this drama. isn't it such a nice drama to watch after LCDF? I was so happy to hear this one airing not long after LCDF ended!! :D

I hope TN doesn't EVER give up on HSY. 

Spoiler

I mean.. since we all know HSY will ask to break up with TN, i hope she doesn't take it to heart. I hope she realizes that he's doing it because of her mom. Or else.. I don't know how our main couple will get back together (and they WILL get back together! :D ).

But personally, I hope HSY can step it up and convince her parents. Even after asking to break up, I hope he'll realize that he was wrong and that he'll chase her again. 

Thanks for sharing the translation @jewelsc! I seriously can't see them sad T.T Will probably miss this weekend's episodes and watch it when Monday's episode comes out cuz it's too heartbreaking.. T.T

It is understandable that Mom in drama displeased with HSY. We have to admit that HSY was rude during the matchmaking and such a jerk to TN at the family dinner. Yeah, we can see the real reason why he acted like that ( a protest to his grandfather). But from Mom's POV, she just saw that her daughter got treat not very nice by HSY. Even more, he made TN cried after the breakup. Not that she knew the real reason. All she know, her daughter cried because of HSY. To her, he is at fault. So, Mom's displeased with HSY gives heartache to us the viewers but it is understandable.

Thanks god, I install a vpn, and finally, I can watch full episodes via Chinese media-services provider called Tencent Video, most of the time the cute love story gives a warm feeling. And I like the feeling and probably Zi Yan is my favourite actress. 

2 hours ago, chloevstkawaii said:

I just love the way HSY say TN's name. It sounds so sexy!

100%! Absolutely!!! When he says it, it is soft and caring! The time when she calls him and he is sleeping, he says her name half asleep! Omg, that was extremely pleasing :sweatingbullets: In a way I am thankful the drama isn't blindly following the novel and keeping it sweet. :w00t: And the way he pets her head!

I love how Li Xian modulates his voice. He has particular tones while speaking to each individual. He is no-nonsense gruff when speaking to his boys. There is impatience and a certain abruptness (no anger though) while dealing with his grandfather or his step mom. I can feel the unease when he is with solo. In short, I am loving how Li Xian is bringing Han Shangyan to life. 

Ep 15 - The grumpy Han Shangyan is melting. The look on his face when she answers he is her first love! I am blissed out! :wub:

Edit: Hate that ugly grey bathrobe on him!!! Why?!! When you get Li Xian you need to showcase him like he deserves to be! 

Lmao! These two are too funny! But thank the director. First kiss BTS. Li Xian wasn’t briefed about it so he was surprised by Yang Zi’s kiss. Other kiss in the clip, she wasn’t briefed. 

Even funnier, Li Xian thought she was going to hit him and the way she shows how she could hit him chest to chest. Lol can’t stop laughing with these two.

i have to say, a good drama comes out of how well the leads work together and the goofier they are the more of a kick I get out of a show lol Li Xian and Yang Zi BTS is as much fun to watch as they are on screen. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ8duakF5iTxbL0MGnDdTxgiphy.gif

Speaking from way behind yet peddling as fast as I can to catch up while starting episode 6 a review for most of you.   Yet how can I not share how much I am loving this drama.  It's a mixture of innocence and mystery of coldness that on second glance seems to turn into coolness in him right before your very eyes.  It's her amazing courage in following her heart without a second thought. Dang I admire that!!

It's falling in love at first sight without even knowing the essence of who he really is.  Because a heart doesn't have to know everything, just the fact that it's fluttering is more than enough.  It's not just in what her eyes see but more about what her heart feels and in a way I think she sees and feels in him what others don't and can't...

It's as if there is a wall around him and maybe even his heart yet I can't wait to see her in action as I am hoping he just met his match and that she is that crack in that great wall he has built around himself...

Forgive my throwback comments and being behind.  Most of all for not reading most of yours as I love a surprise, but maybe I am the lucky one in being able to savor and soak up every bit of this exciting and spontaneous love story....

WOW!!!:w00t:

Fighting Team Squid!!!!

drawn-squid-purple-cartoon-576589-2006464.jpg

Although the drama version is less steamy than the book, it made up for the flufiness extravaganza. So sweet!!!

I actually like how it turned out so far.

The only dragging part of me are the flashbacks. How many flashbacks do we need for him to build up his character? lol.

Overall, I just can't wait for it to air and get subbed fast.

I'm addicted.

6 hours ago, staygold said:

Edit: Hate that ugly grey bathrobe on him!!! Why?!! When you get Li Xian you need to showcase him like he deserves to be! 

LOL if I remember correctly... in the book for that scene, he's actually topless wearing jeans with his belt undone. Darn, I would have loved to see that.

Archived