[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Go Go Squid! 亲爱的热爱的

sugarplum892

2 minutes ago, jewelsc said:

Agreed, HSY in the novel is more forward but Li Xian's portraying the character is more comedic...it's like all the laughing that i did from this drama is by his funny expressions..loving this show becos of him.

Exactly! Li Xian is very expressive. Its clear who is the breakout star in this show. lol Without Li Xian I don't know if I will watch this. His portrayal is wonderful!

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe the trait both Han Shang Yun and Tong Nian have is total loyalty. It is also what made Tong Nian even more attractive to Han Shang Yun. She is also the peace-maker between Grandfather Han and Shang Yun.

I don't know how that irritable woman thinks that she has a chance with Han Shang Yun. Han Shang Yun treats her like she is a pest and called her a lunatic. Tong Nian has met his family and that is very proper in Asian culture. She is trying to dismissed that it is nothing. I loved the way Tong Nian tried to shoo her like a pesky fly. What more to affirm the relationship when Han Shang Yun declared that Tong Nian is the one for him, right in her shameless face.

So funny that Han Shang Yun is afraid of heights. This time it is his turn to hang on Tong Nian for his dear life.

1 hour ago, angelangie said:

i should read the book....lols the book sound interesting lols

It is. I read and wait to see how Li Xian and Yang Zi perform :P

that pervertedness aside, I think I agree with the opinions about how quickly it took for Gun to like TN back.

It was hard at first to reconcile his thought and action because intentions towards TN were unclear. For me, he was always observing her and then giving warnings or orders, like how he treats the gamers under his care - like a little kid. I think he is ultra aware that he is a good 10 years older and doesn’t know how to handle her affections. He was very businesslike and seemed almost guilty that his potential mate is so young.

Until that 2-week breakup.

It was obvious he was as distraught as she was. I thought the drama showed that clearly though they could have done the build up to the ‘getting fond of’ better so the ‘missing’ is just that much more powerful. 

As bossy as as he was, I thought he gave her a lot of room to make her own decisions and accorded her due respect outside of the need to be her chaperone. I quite like that. There was never subjugation. 

The eps forward should detail them fumbling around in their first relationship. Fun days ahead :) 

Saw a clip where the irritable woman commented to Han Shang Yun that it must be tiring to be dating someone so young. Loved Han Shang Yun's answer that she must have not been in a relationship for a long time and should give it a try. He even told her that he was sick because Tong Nian was not by his side.

What a 180 degree turn for our Boss.

2 hours ago, jacquelinetan said:

Saw a clip where the irritable woman commented to Han Shang Yun that it must be tiring to be dating someone so young. Loved Han Shang Yun's answer that she must have not been in a relationship for a long time and should give it a try. He even told her that he was sick because Tong Nian was not by his side.

What a 180 degree turn for our Boss.

In some ways i'm glad that 'pest' of a girl is messing with him, at least it had him made the bold move to ask TN to come and be with him so he can 'pushstart' with their relationship or else they'll probably still be videochatting :lol:.

18 hours ago, chloevstkawaii said:
  Reveal hidden contents

One of my favorite scenes in the book was when TN was visiting HSY and his grandfather at his house. HSY takes her to his room. He gives her his details and asked if she still wants to break up. She tells him no and he respond with "Then let's not break up." LOL. Right after, he calls into a conference. She decides she won't bother him anymore but before she could leave, he pulls her over and place her on his lap. He pretty much whispered sweet-nothings into her ear forgetting that his mic was on during the conference call. Navi was like, I understand Chinese, control yourself! LOL. Anyways I just saw the preview for Ep 15-16 and a similar scene played out like that except we don't get TN on HSY's lap. :(

Yes, my gosh, the lap. 

So, so forward. :wub:

I am really loving this series. More than I thought I would! Took me a while to warm up to Yang Zi as Tong Nian but what a beautiful job she is doing. :heart:

I love the writer and the way she infuses humor at the most unpredictable moment. Eg: This line that TN's friend spouts when she is sulking over her 'breakup' -- "When the cells in your body that like him all metabolize, you won't be sad anymore!" :joy:  "Cardiac muscle cells cannot be reborn." :lol:

So sweet and innocent!

Spoiler

One of the most infamous scenes in the book (IMO) is when TN runs and jumps into HSY's embrace with her legs around his waist. It was because she wanted to show that lady who tried to hit on HSY that he's her man. I'm both glad and sad that in Ep 16, it was all in TN's head. Glad because it was embarrassing, lol and HSY was not expecting it so everyone was shocked when it happened but sad because it was truly iconic and gave TN a chance to show that lady what's up. 

I think Han Shang Yun did plenty to make it clear to that Miss Zhou who Tong Nian is to him.

1. He said loudly that Tong Nian suited him perfectly

2. He turned her chair to face him so she will have a better appetite. Miss Zhou's presence post a threat to Tong Nian's appetite.

3. He mentioned Grandfather Han missed Tong Nian and wanted to speak to her. This denote there is already close family ties between the two families.

4. He took offence when Miss Zhou mentioned that Tong Nian tired him out but he said that when you loved someone you are totally energized. It is because he missed Tong Nian so much he became sick.

5. Han Shang Yun's last remark was to tell Miss Zhou not to waste her time on him.

16 minutes ago, USAFarmgirl 2 said:

Hello everyone...  Since there are so many great viewers & writers with great taste here I decided to start this drama today hoping you won't mind another person adding their thoughts after I catch up LOL...:heart:

Welcome! I'm on Ep 15, waiting for subs for Ep 16. I might go back and re-watch Ep 15 once it's fully subbed. I read the novel last month so I've been pretty obsessed with the drama because of it. 

Hey @USAFarmgirl 2 !

Your nick looks familiar-are you related to a USAFarmgirl ?

Thanks to streaming sites, i m all caught up but struggled a bit with their slang :sweatingbullets: 

I would go back to watch with subs the parts I didn’t get fully...if I remember what they are. Hehe.

in eps 17 and 18, book not equals to drama. Sad face...

Spoiler

The show not only took the harmless physical bits out but there was also no kiss.  What a tease the preview was.  In the book, they were pretty expressive about how they felt. Wasn’t expecting to see that but that portion seemed to have been turned into the scene with the suspension bridge; I liked it though - laughed my socks off. I thought there could be just a chaste peck (in keeping with their awkwardness) before they broke off in embarrassment caused by unwanted attention. Rueful about the missed moment. Ah well...

I'm watching episode 15 and HSY's fiscal irresponsibility is killing me... 

Spoiler

>Asks little bro to borrow money

>Immediate takes TN out to buy her a PS4, 26 games, and 2 bags full of hot potatoes

:bawling:

4 hours ago, jewelsc said:

Hey guys, look what i found!..i think someone had asked for a translation to the schedule of events daily a few pages back.  Here it is..

Cre: as tagged.

I just knew they were going to make a big deal about TN's mother not liking him because she thinks he's too old for her. I can't believe there's going to be a second breakup! That was not to case in the book, right? :(

2 hours ago, toedoe said:

I'm watching episode 15 and HSY's fiscal irresponsibility is killing me... 

Hide contents

>Asks little bro to borrow money

>Immediate takes TN out to buy her a PS4, 26 games, and 2 bags full of hot potatoes

:bawling:

He's broke because of the antique necklace. He was buying it for his stepmother who is getting married, but TN liked it so he gave it to her. He end up broke because he had to wire the cost of the necklace to his stepmother. GN had to borrow money from DT because it's TN birthday and he wanted to buy her birthday gift. It's all because of TN that he's broke.  

Archived