Quantcast
sugarplum892

[Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Go Go Squid! 亲爱的热爱的

18 minutes ago, chloevstkawaii said:

LOL that's how it is in the book too that's why it took a while for some people to like her character. But later on, once they established their relationship, it does get better since she doesn't have to be a stalker anymore. LOL

I agree in the beginning I was a little put off by her character but once they develop their relationship I love her there was a  interview with Yangzi where she says that they will develop her character (career,life apart from HSY) and I am glad because even though I love her in the book I want to see her mature It takes time thats y im going to wait to watch Hopefully they dont take out the scene where she develop a program to test the teams reaction time 

• Like 6

I find it so cute and funny how those 'kids' r playing cupids one min. and then being like a bunch of old ladies gossiping on either of them later.

I'm so loving this drama and it's actors.  I get goosebumps sometimes seeing how Gun's face would just go straight up to TN's face haha, he sooo likes her.

• Like 4

@chloevstkawaii I also don't normally watch shows live either, and definitely not without subs. I read the translated book late last year and when I found it there was a live version, I've been waiting for it since. It's been a LONG time. Now I wonder if the reason it took so long is cuz they had to replace with the whole CTF thing. I watch the trailers all the time too lol. I am also watching raw once it's released by croton. Of course,  I'm also waiting on the viki subs as well. So appreciative of all the translators.  :)

@Nina Bina Yeah...TN needs a bit of time to get used to.... she's extremely naive and young. And especially in the beginning, she and Gun were on totally different wavelengths. The novel is a light read so I was fine with the characterization,  but I'm hopeful that the drama will show her growth. I also noticed that in the Croton YouTube video descriptions for the drama is slightly ddifferent than original plot so I think MBFB is really going to detail out their feelings, relationship, etc.

Expand the description section and scroll to the English part. You'll need to open it up on YouTube. https://youtu.be/s4vQfrxlgJE

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

ep 6-7 clips (mann.. tonight’s gonna be so much fun!):

(there’s 3 parts to the clips. click on the link to find the other 2 parts) 

• Like 5

New clips by croton (1MV by Li Xian & an interview with LiXian & YangZi)

edit:

This is superrrr cute!! I'm glad they seem to be good friends bts :)

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

I am cringing watching Tong Nian in ep3 with her chasing. But she is 19 and so cute :lol: the male lead has constantly furrowed brows - I hope that isn’t his natural resting face.

This is shallow but furrowed brows or not, I keep seeing my fav Gong Yoo in the male lead. Heh. I’m so glued to the screen when he appears. The edges of his eyes crinkle when he laughs, just like the Korean version. Gosh, my Chinese Gong Yoo.

Pace of the drama is pretty quick but is also rather choppy methinks. But show’s quite funny.

He’s so intense and she’s cowering. :joy:

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

Here's a clip sure to make you guys squeal!! (clip from tonight's episode i think)

Advanced issues found

Advanced issues found

Spoiler

however, what I heard towards the end was "before we break up, since you're my girlfriend, if you want to do something tell me whenever. i'll try to do it." (plz correct me if i'm wrong).

• Like 3

He has a very nice voice when singing! And those glasses look very good on him. Lol their little game bts is too funny! Yang Zi seems like a fun girl to be around, I’ve seen other bts with only her and she’s quite a jokester. It’s so nice to see Li Xian laugh bts because he hasn’t smiled often as Han Shangyan.

• Like 3

The smile is incoming for sure - we can see lots of it in previews, videos, etc. I am stoked. I love his crinkly eyes when he smiles.. :wub:

• Like 6

It’s funny because I have known of Li Xian since his Medical Dr Qin and Tientsin Mystic days. He’s always had really good presence onscreen even when he’s a second lead. While doing more digging into his past work I realized how many popular shows he’s been on but fans mainly know him from Tientsin Mystic, thanks to Netflix. He reminds me of Japanese Actor Oguri Shun in terms of their similar career paths. They both started out as second leads but at times their characters overshadow even the main lead. Oguri Shun gained a lot of fans as Sano who is very much like a younger Han Shangyan. Then there was Rich Man Poor Woman too where his character is business driven like HSY. All I know is I’m hooked on Li Xian because he’s not only good looking, I like the projects he chooses. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Okay guys, Viki's got Ep 1-3 fully translated in English. I will be catching up tonight after work, yay! 

@rocat Yes, right? It's so cringey. I've mentioned before that I had secondhand embarrassment when I was reading about TN. I kept going because Gun's character was so intriguing. 

@Lululililululu I took a look at the synopsis you mentioned in the Youtube description. The whole time TN was chasing after Gun, I thought it was more because she found him attractive so the whole bit about her being attracted to him due to his perseverance and dedication to this team took me by surprise. But I guess after she found out who he is, she did do a lot of research on him so I guess it isn't too far-fetched. The only other thing that I think is different from the book but mentioned in the synopsis is her being inspired by Gun and rejoining her school's team to participate in the ACM International Collegiate Programming Contest. I know in the book, Dt mentions that he remembers the both of them participating in this contest in the past. I'm actually kinda looking forward to this because we'll get to see her showcase her skills as a programmer. In the book, I felt like after she got together with Gun and aside from the program she wrote for him and the team, we don't get anything else from her, in terms of her capabilities.

• Like 7

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Nina Bina said:

He has a very nice voice when singing! And those glasses look very good on him. Lol their little game bts is too funny! Yang Zi seems like a fun girl to be around, I’ve seen other bts with only her and she’s quite a jokester. It’s so nice to see Li Xian laugh bts because he hasn’t smiled often as Han Shangyan.

They were so cute when they were playing their pretend drinking game in the bts. It’s hilarious how they were trying to outdo each other’s drunkard antics on the fly like when Yangzi kept forcing Lixian to finish his “pretend” drink (bottoms up!) and Lixian asked if they should exchange drinks (Or change her drink? Can someone correct me if I understood it wrong) to which she replied that she doesn’t want to mix drinks. Yangzi even pretended to get drunk as their game went on and proceeded to say that she has a high drinking tolerance then Lixian commented something like “oh so we should also act drunk too?” Lixian then pretended that she poured too much drink into his glass so he tried to sip it carefully so that it wouldn’t spill over. LOL. I just can’t with these two :lol: I feel like they’d really make good friends if they can make each other laugh this much. 

Edited by thistledots
  • Like 2
  • LOL 3