[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Go Go Squid! 亲爱的热爱的

sugarplum892

They've dressed her wrong for the whole cosplay concept for Tong Nian.  She should be in cutesy mini skirts and shorts.  They've got her dressing to maturely for a young 19 year old anime cosplay singing star.  I think Yang Zi is doing a good job of portraying Tong Nian based on what she's been given.  People who write the reviews and synopsis should stop describing Han Shanyang as being cold, he's more grumpy and closed off in the book and I'm glad that's how they wrote his character in the drama, Li Xian does a good job of showing this.  A truly cold person doesn't give a damn about people or anything around them - they certainly wouldn't care if they cut her off at the knees and denounced her as being a stalker just to set the record straight in the first few chapters of the book and episodes in the drama, Han Shanyang cares too much about everyone around him to be a truly cold person.

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, rocat said:

It takes a day for eps to get loaded online ... so it’s a 24-hr wait for me. Where do you watch the eps? :)

youtube. but note that the episodes aren’t subbed. so you’ll have to wait for 1-2 days for the subbed episodes. 

35 minutes ago, gracebkk said:

youtube. but note that the episodes aren’t subbed. so you’ll have to wait for 1-2 days for the subbed episodes. 

Thanks! No worries, I understand mandarin. Is it the ones from Croton Media? They take about a day after broadcast.

10 hours ago, jacquelinetan said:

Tong Nian is like a ray of sunshine that had crept into Han Shang Yun's life.

He never like to explain himself but he did a good job explaining himself to Tong Nian for her consideration whether to carry on their relationship.

I laughed when Solo gave an advice to the guy who showed an "interest" for Tong Nian to forget about approaching Tong Nian if he knew what is good for him.

Will loved to see how Han Shang Yun is going to explain "the woman in his room" to Tong Nian.

I laughed so hard seeing the lady in the bathrobe got all wrapped up and left out in the corridor like a "finished" room service meal.

I It seems like he always make sure that TN understand him I’m his own way. He is trying to fight it but in her own way her smarts and innocence has won him over. She is a fighter and this her first live innocence is there. She is always in his mind and always defends her. With her aunt and her daughter and protect her innocence so the team doesn’t have wrong ideas.

41 minutes ago, rocat said:

Thanks! No worries, I understand mandarin. Is it the ones from Croton Media? They take about a day after broadcast.

yep. from Croton Media. it takes one day for you? that's weird.. cuz for me, it uploads at 10pm (China time). i think that's the expected upload time too. hmm.. maybe try a chinese streaming site?

I am enjoying their chemistry so far as well.

Anyway, the white hoodie with Ni Hao word written wore by Tong Nian caught my attention. Do let me know if anyone is selling similar stuff on Ebay or anywhere lol

No doubt, I love all the lovey dovey stuff between the leads...but I'm rather confused how quickly HSY fell for TN. Like...nothing...at least to me, was significant enough between them for him to already like her a lot. He did a 360 in two episodes or something with his feelings for her. I hope they continue to focus on why she is a genius because I'm not feeling that part of her still...In a span of 40 episodes, they should have gone more into detail with the love development between HSY and TN.

@mayra83 She broke up with him because she was embarrassed by her actions with him when she was drunk. She text him that since their relationship is fake anyways, then to break up. He respond if she had thought it through already and said replied Yes. But you can see that the both of them are sad over the break up of their fake relationship. She cries a lot, LOL. And he's constantly distracted.

In terms of TN's clothing... I feel like most Chinese dramas where the female lead is either a high school or university student, they tend to dress her very kiddish. The only drama I've seen that it wasn't like this was Love O2O where Wei Wei was dressed rather decently. But I'm from the US so my style sense is more Western so perhaps in China, the style is different. 

One of the biggest complaints from fans of MBFB's book is that Yang Zi doesn't have the body type of TN as described in the book. In the book, Blueberry sends TN a voice message that HSY overhears telling TN to use her assets to attract HSY such as her "long legs", "shapely, voluptuous beauty", and "Loli face and big boobs". I think one of the reasons they put Yang Zi in those oversize shirts is to give viewers a sense that she does have that body type but it's just cover up? Left to the imagination, so to speak.

Spoiler

One of my favorite scenes in the book was when TN was visiting HSY and his grandfather at his house. HSY takes her to his room. He gives her his details and asked if she still wants to break up. She tells him no and he respond with "Then let's not break up." LOL. Right after, he calls into a conference. She decides she won't bother him anymore but before she could leave, he pulls her over and place her on his lap. He pretty much whispered sweet-nothings into her ear forgetting that his mic was on during the conference call. Navi was like, I understand Chinese, control yourself! LOL. Anyways I just saw the preview for Ep 15-16 and a similar scene played out like that except we don't get TN on HSY's lap. :(

2 hours ago, Nina Bina said:

No doubt, I love all the lovey dovey stuff between the leads...but I'm rather confused how quickly HSY fell for TN. Like...nothing...at least to me, was significant enough between them for him to already like her a lot. He did a 360 in two episodes or something with his feelings for her. I hope they continue to focus on why she is a genius because I'm not feeling that part of her still...In a span of 40 episodes, they should have gone more into detail with the love development between HSY and TN.

honestly, I agree with you. I do love all the stuff that's going on but the rapid transformation of HSY is shocking (although very much welcomed :D ).

If I can make a guess, I would say that the reason why he likes her a lot (and so dearly cares for her) now is because he's already felt the sadness of separating with her. in ep 13-14, they separated for around 2 weeks right? So i would guess that in the time the drama didn't show us, both of them (but HSY especially) thought about their "past" relationship & how important the other person was to them (i mean, TN was the only girl who understood him (even though his temper is something), let him do his stuff (aka career), care for his family & friends (e.g. Xiao Ai, grandpa), made him happy/not indifferent, etc.). that's why both of them took the breakup quite badly.

But I do agree it's a bit too fast (in the regular world). But I guess we can just assume that it's because he realizes that he's always had a special part in his heart for her (he did treat her differently from the rest of the girls from the start) & doesn't want to lose this second chance. And love is blind anyways right? 

Spoiler

Isn't there a second break-up anyways? On Sunday? If I understood the 'heartbreak" and "crying" emojis right..? And there's also the "raining" to "sunshine" emojis on Monday. So.. i guess more development?

Nevertheless, I'm still glad that there's all these romance stuff. At least we can see that HSY also likes TN. And it's not just TN now. :) 

In the book, HSY got frisky pretty fast lol. I think the drama does a better job of showcasing him falling in love with her. I think @Lululililululu may have mentioned this in the past regarding HSY and the cat he loved when he was in Team Solo. Appledog made a comment that after the cat died, he couldn't love another cat. I feel like his affection for TN is similar to this. She's cute, sweet, follows him around. So when they "broke up," it left him feeling conflicted. We also have to remember that HSY is TN's first love and it's very likely that TN is also HSY's first love too. Due to their age difference, he feels like he shouldn't entertain thoughts of them being together but at the same time, he's already soften towards her.

26 minutes ago, chloevstkawaii said:

In the book, HSY got frisky pretty fast lol. I think the drama does a better job of showcasing him falling in love with her. I think @Lululililululu may have mentioned this in the past regarding HSY and the cat he loved when he was in Team Solo. Appledog made a comment that after the cat died, he couldn't love another cat. I feel like his affection for TN is similar to this. She's cute, sweet, follows him around. So when they "broke up," it left him feeling conflicted. We also have to remember that HSY is TN's first love and it's very likely that TN is also HSY's first love too. Due to their age difference, he feels like he shouldn't entertain thoughts of them being together but at the same time, he's already soften towards her.

This was something I thought about too. His character is very passionate about the things he likes. So I can see the similarities between the cat and TN. I guess I'm thinking too realistically when it comes to this show. lol

Yknow, I actually like the outfits in this drama, not just Tong Nian's but also Blueberry and K&K's (even though it's all black lmao) and grandpa's, I didn't like Tong Nian's aunt and cousin's outfit but I think that was intended. 

Also Tong Nian doesn't cosplay, she dresses cute, and she has a loli image, but it's not really cosplay. Although I agree she should have worn cuter clothes, as is she's cutesy sporty uni student, but I think on the whole she's fine. She is definitely not my type of protag, and I do wish cdramas would have more variety in protags (it's why I like appledog, she's less stereotypical) but this is how Tong Nian was characterised in the book. At its core, Stewed Squid's plot and characterisation is fairly cliche.

With HSY changing pretty fast, he's sort of..go getter, very straightforward. He's been softer around Tong Nian to begin with, not necessarily because it's TN, sometimes because she's a girl, but sometimes he can't help himself. So when he decide "okay maybe I should try this thing", he goes and does it and is very upfront about himself and relationship, which was something I really really appreciated.

I can’t wait for the kissy scenes! Han Shangyan’s character is your typical grump with the soft, squishy heart for Tong Nian. I like the way Li Xian has broken his characters frisky shell a bit, but it feels like it’s taking forever to get to the eye brow arching flirtatious romantic scenes?! I read the novel online in English translated format. Not going to lie, Han Shangyan’s character was more forward.  :D

3 hours ago, meylinkin02 said:

I can’t wait for the kissy scenes! Han Shangyan’s character is your typical grump with the soft, squishy heart for Tong Nian. I like the way Li Xian has broken his characters frisky shell a bit, but it feels like it’s taking forever to get to the eye brow arching flirtatious romantic scenes?! I read the novel online in English translated format. Not going to lie, Han Shangyan’s character was more forward.  :D

Agreed, HSY in the novel is more forward but Li Xian's portraying the character is more comedic...it's like all the laughing that i did from this drama is by his funny expressions..loving this show becos of him.

Archived