[Japanese Drama 2018] Boys Over Flowers Season 2, Hana Nochi Hare: Hanadan Next Season, 花のち晴れ〜花男,

0ly40

Boys Over Flowers Season 2

File:Boys Over Flowers Season 2-01.jpg

• Drama: Boys Over Flowers Season 2
  • Romaji: Hana Nochi Hare: Hanadan Next Season
  • Japanese: 花のち晴れ〜花男 Next Season〜
  • Director: Yasuharu Ishii
  • Writer: Yoko Kamio (webcomic), Erika Yoshida
  • Network: TBS
  • Episodes:
  • Release Date: April, 2018 --
  • Runtime: Tuesdays 22:00
  • Language: Japanese

Plot

10 years have passed since legendary F4 members Tsukasa Domyoji, Rui Hanazawa, Sojiro Nishikado and Akira Mimasaka have graduated from Eitoku Academy. Since their departure, the school has been on a steady decline.

Korekuto 5 is formed at the high school with Haruto Kaguragi (Sho Hirano) as the group's leader. They are worried about the school's steady demise. They decide to find deadbeat students and kick them out of the school.

Haruto Kaguragi likes ordering stuff that makes him look bigger physically. He uses his butler's name for his online orders and receives the items at a convenience store. Oto Edogawa (Hana Sugisaki) works part-time at the convenience store. She also attends the same school as Haruto Kaguragi. Oto Edogawa is actually from a poor family, but she pretends to be from a rich family to fit in at school. Her fiance is Tenma Hase (Taishi Nakagawa) and he attends a rival high school.

Notes

1. Based on webcomic "Hana Nochi Hare: Hanadan Next Season" by Yoko Kamio (first published from February 15, 2015 via shonenjumpplus.com). The webcomic is a sequel to manga series "Hana Yori Dango" by Yoko Kamio.

Cast:

Cast

source: asianwik

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@stargazer187 ~ yea, I am enjoying it. watched 3 eps so far. am liking the girl better this time around and just how natural she comes across. despite the comedic over-the-top, there is quite a sadness which grounds the characters. initially didn't like the bullying but making them human shows that it is not as simple. hopefully the bullying will get toned down where the characters will grow and repent. but otherwise, it is actually quite fun. :D

9 hours ago, stargazer187 said:

oh I found this thread finally!! I've finished ep 1-3 just now. I find it a bit odd at first but the more I continue watching it, it feels great and fun as well, and it brings de javu of hana yori dango in some sorts ways, it's kinda a spin-off version of its predecessor. 

I haven watched this one but I'm game. I have a house full of people but will try to sneak away, if not I'll catch it this weekend.

i was thinking twice of watching this drama, since I have a lot of expectations (i adore hana yori dango so much!), but then after episode one, I changed my mind. It's good and so far the cast are doing well. It's my first time seeing Sho Hirano act and so far his doing great as the rich yet awkward Kaguragi. 

As the actress playing Oto, I'm familiar with her since I've watched her other dramas so I like her and well, Taishi as Tenma is nailing it, sometimes I wish she would end up with him :D

I also love the cameos! Patiently waiting for Makino though :)  

10 hours ago, stargazer187 said:

@Lmangla agreed about the bullying part. I feel uncomfortable whenever they harass the students as the result of peasant hunting. That is so lame. I can't believe how can they think the idea to protect Eitoku by eliminating the peasant is the right one to do. At that rate no one would like to attend the school more and more. 

the whole term 'peasant hunting' itself is awful but it is interesting because it shows how incredibly insecure they are and actually quite unhappy. whereas, you see the other school in contrast which has over-the-top activities etc because they are very secure in who they are. so the students are naturally defecting... would be interesting to know more about her fiance other than him being kind etc. does he like her lots? is he happy? why is the stepmother trying to control him? where is the dad?

one thing I find about the drama is how the adults are mostly absent from their lives -- either they are incompetent like the mother or neglectful like his parents.. the only adults who show them some concern are the servants but it is a topsy turvy relationship because they are employees which means they don't have power and so cannot be true adults to these kids.. keep thinking where are the teachers? why do they let these brats run around like this?

On 5/16/2018 at 2:07 AM, stargazer187 said:

@Lmangla agreed about the bullying part. I feel uncomfortable whenever they harass the students as the result of peasant hunting. That is so lame. I can't believe how can they think the idea to protect Eitoku by eliminating the peasant is the right one to do. At that rate no one would like to attend the school more and more. 

I think they eliminate the peasants to keep the school elite. I don't remember if they mentioned it in the series yet, but they want the elites to enroll in their schools by making sure that only elite children are studying there, they don't want the school to be forced to admit regular people.

One thing I'm curious about is that aren't the Domyouji's one of the school's board of directors? So aren't they anymore? It was not really explained in the manga why the school's number of students are dropping, they only said that people enroll because of the F4, that's why Kaguragi formed the C5 to get the students to stay. They should take Hase's example instead by making sure that the students are happy and not scared like they are now.

And Hase Tenma loves Oto in the manga, she's not just the fiancee because Hase's mom wished it, but he genuinely like her and looks forward to the 20th with her. It's just that he's not good at showing his emotions. I really liked him better than Kaguragi but we know who she'll end up with. 

On 5/17/2018 at 10:41 PM, stargazer187 said:
On 5/17/2018 at 9:35 PM, sansukini-_- said:

And Hase Tenma loves Oto in the manga, she's not just the fiancee because Hase's mom wished it, but he genuinely like her and looks forward to the 20th with her. It's just that he's not good at showing his emotions. I really liked him better than Kaguragi but we know who she'll end up with. 

Yup. I like him too. Why does always like this, Rui's love fate was passed down onto him I guess. Sigh.. 

But Kaguragi is actually like a kid. Like what Oto said, he's very odd guy but he's really fun. The baseball home run scenes is pretty touching. He is not the type who easily give up.

@sansukini-_- haven't read the manga but based on the drama, it makes sense why oto ends up choosing kagauragi. even though tenma is a good person and really likes her, he unfortunately is part of her past and that is why she shares with arie that while she likes him, she is not able to jump in. oto reacted to her change in financial situation very pragmatically. the only reason she is still going to that school or continue with the engagement is because of her parents. she is keenly aware that this is their ticket out of their poverty but is uncomfortable with it. it does not make her feel good that she has to dress up in clothes that tenma's family sends to go on a date. while he was probably being kind, by taking her to very rich places that she can no longer afford, it made her feel even more keenly aware of how far their social divide is and they are not able to openly talk about their present life, likes etc. every interaction is tinged with the sting of financial divide. so tenma became a painful reminder of her past where they were once well off... this was way before kaguragi came into the picture.

with kaguragi, like @stargazer187 says, he is odd and has a way of making her feel like herself. he got to know her because they met at the supermarket. every time they meet, she is dressed in her regular clothes and even their not-yet-maybe-dates have happened in places which she can afford, be herself. so rather than a common social setting binding them together, it is really about their personalities meshing and having lots of same things they like. in that sense, kaguragi is a good fit for her which is why she is getting drawn towards him now...

this jdrama got me hooked!!! i admit i always like these kind of high school romance dramas more :) i know they are cliche but i just love their cuteness !!! anyway i started this as if it is some kind of a next version of hana yori dango , and ofc nakagawa taishi helped me to start it :wub: now i am done because this drama captured me so much!!! the storyline is going better than i imagined, and there are even twists that i cant guess. i still know which couple i ship??? i love the kindness of tenma-kun to oto, he deserves her , but somehow my other half wants her with kaguragi, their chemistry is so good and they really remind me makino domyouji couple :tongue: i watched the latest episodes raw, i hope we get to see the subbed versions asap :)

On 19.05.2018 at 2:46 PM, Lmangla said:

4th ep was kind of strange. am not sure what to make of airi and why oto was willing to forgive her and become friends. if it was me, would keep away from such psycho mood swings. :ph34r:

hahaha so right! if i were her, i will definitely run away from her, i wouldnt be a pure guardian angel towards airi :D still, it doesnt make sense airi became so good but still i am happy airi wont do anything bad again

On 16.05.2018 at 4:01 AM, lee-chan said:

i was thinking twice of watching this drama, since I have a lot of expectations (i adore hana yori dango so much!), but then after episode one, I changed my mind. It's good and so far the cast are doing well. It's my first time seeing Sho Hirano act and so far his doing great as the rich yet awkward Kaguragi. 

As the actress playing Oto, I'm familiar with her since I've watched her other dramas so I like her and well, Taishi as Tenma is nailing it, sometimes I wish she would end up with him :D

I also love the cameos! Patiently waiting for Makino though :)  

same here, i started this drama thinking like the next version of HYD. I am happy we get to see HYD cast as cameo, i am waiting for makino and domyouji together :D 

after starting the drama i first get to know sho hirano , now i am waiting for his new dramas!! he even sings the ost with his boy band, so adorable <3

17 hours ago, handeue said:

same here, i started this drama thinking like the next version of HYD. I am happy we get to see HYD cast as cameo, i am waiting for makino and domyouji together :D 

after starting the drama i first get to know sho hirano , now i am waiting for his new dramas!! he even sings the ost with his boy band, so adorable <3

seems like makino has not yet appeared in the manga though :( but let's be hopeful! 

i did not know sho hirano is from Johnnys Entertainment! i just searched around there he is. So it's a big plus since I follow several groups under JE. 

• 4 weeks later...

Wow I was amazed at how much I loved this drama!!

I was expecting something very lighthearted but the scenes and conversations are actually very moving and emotional ....more so than BOF actually.(.saying as a die hard BOF fan). especially the chemistry between the 2 main leads is explosive....the female lead's character is very relatable..I did not keep pulling out my hair asking " WHY??"

I can actually understand her dilemma and why she makes the choices she does.

She also has very expressive eyes...Great acting by all of the cast!!

definitely shipping kaguragi and edogawa..LOVE how passionate kaguragi is !!!

Wow that confession scene :bawling: :heart: Like an arrow through the heart !

new fan of Sho Irano here..i think he has 2 movies coming up this year both of them manga adaptations :wub: and the girl will be playing Rukiya in "bleach" the movie..FYI!

i just wish that there were more episodes and the subs would be faster!!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived