[Drama 2018] Lawless Lawyer, 무법 변호사

Admin

1 hour ago, kjoy said:

:lol: I'm not sure how much that loft is gonna get used with nearly getting caught by Geum Ja and now all the suspicious eyes on the lookout. 

That’s naughty :wink:  Wise man say: don’t come between a Gangster master martial artist and  his hot tempered honey with a mean right hook :wink:

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, RobinM said:

It’s a handy that  he apparently lives upstairs *Whistles innocently*

3 hours ago, zenya22 said:

exactly, up those stairs to the office loft ......

lol its a multi purpose building:D...I felt sorry for her last episode.Disadvantage of having lovers nest in an office.She got interrupted when she was trying to do some morning catchup with her man on her way upstairs.Look how cheerful she was:D.Two cups of coffee and all.....

giphy.gif

:lol: I'm not sure how much that loft is gonna get used with nearly getting caught by Geum Ja and now all the suspicious eyes on the lookout.

I feel for her too:D.She is acting like how "oppa fangirls" would act if she has an inkling that her handsome celeb crush already has a woman:D.

tumblr_p9pktxsqks1vem8apo6_400.giftumblr_p9pktxsqks1vem8apo4_400.gif

hahaha @violina thanks for the gifs! I can make use of that Geum Ja's gif hahaha... so priceless.

Yeah! the rating for Saturdays remains stable! I'm also very pleased to see that even its episode re-run could get average ratings of 2-ish %. And according to this article, the TNMS rating was 6.014! it's the highest TNMS rating LL has got so far! :Dpanda-emoticon-38.gif

http://www.ggilbo.com/news/articleView.html?idxno=514196

As for the 7 episodes if we compare with those of the previous broadcast drama, LL's ratings are slightly better, hopefully it can continue its success until the end. I know that hoping for a two-digit rating will be a bit dreamy for a cable drama, but hey... who knows. I keep my fingers crossed! I hope the Sunday rating tonight will be equally good- if not better- due to the intense ending and preview last night huhu... I'm posting the English subbed preview under the spoiler.

Spoiler

If you have spare time, please click the naver search link (also to check some new articles out today). Lawless Lawyer is currently at #11

https://search.naver.com/search.naver?where=nexearch&sm=tab_jum&query=무법변호사

and this!

201806031117560410_1.jpg

source article: http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=201806031117560410

JUST HOW COULD A 36 Y.O LOOK THIS GOOD PLAYING AS A HIGH SCHOOL STUDENT?!  LEE JOONGI I CANNOT WITH YOU!!!!!!!!! panda-emoticon-24.gif

oh... I really don't wish anything bad for Uncle Dae Woong! he's my favourite uncle huhuhu... please let him alive until the end to be able to watch BongHa couple's wedding and to be a great harabeoji for the little thugs they're going to have huhuhhuhuhu... panda-emoticon-44.gif

So is the uncle gonna find himself in trouble because BSP asked him to protect JY? I hope this isn't gonna cause any unnecessary angst. Y'know, something happens to uncle while trying to protect JY which leads to resentment/guilt towards her even though she never asked to be protected, etc...

Yeah... she is not that girl. She dosen't want to be cosseted and protected by her man, kept in the dark or stuck on an office.She thinks of herself as an equal. If she finds out someone was hurt or killed trying to protect her and BSP caused it there is going to be a serious trust issue. 

I do think though she will not be unreasonable or unfeeling about it and understand soon enough that he is just frankly petrified of losing  another person he loves. 

4 hours ago, RobinM said:

That’s naughty :wink:  Wise man say: don’t come between a Gangster master martial artist and  his hot tempered honey with a mean right hook :wink:

@RobinM  Looking forward to the day JUdge Cha and AOJ get a taste of that mean right hook.. I expect HJY to give it to her in the name of justice.. 

DevmKGFVQAEe-g5.jpg

Spoiler

Devag_GU8AERqoq.jpg

New stills for Lawless Lawyer show Bong Sang-pil throwing a surprise birthday party for Ha Jae-yi’s mother. Bong Sang-pil cannot take his eyes off Ha Jae-yi, which will make viewers’ hearts skip a beat. (Source: http://naver.me/F3BflIZq )

Deu8GS5U0AAwsdN.jpg

Deu-68LVAAAwBpW.jpg

@jg_kr_drama

trans “ “Lawyer Bong!! What on earth is happening!!” Why does Lawyer Bong Sang-pil have to go through such an ordeal  Stay tuned and #DontMissBong for tonight’s tearjerking episode.

1 minute ago, RobinM said:

I thought she just had her birthday?  The witch took her dress shopping to celebrate.  Oh well because cake!

She did but I guess Bong felt left out of the celebration :lol:

I think the accompanying article said it was specifically to celebrate her birthday but who knows. 

Update: Apparently the cake is to celebrate her mother's birthday. 

Wow, what an episode. So, the grown-up Sang Pil and Jae Yi are continuing their mother's work. At least one of the mothers lived. Choi Jin Ae, Sang Pil's mom, seems to have been given the pictures by JY's mom. Were they working together? Detectives Woo Hyung Man and Kong Jang Soo may have been working with Choi Jin Ae and one of them sent the notebook to BSP. One of the detectives, WHM betrayed her. WHM tried his best to redeem himself and got killed for it. He said that he did not owe JY a debt but I disagree. He does owe her and even though he spared Hyun Joo's life, he threatened her with the death of her daughter and her family if she ever returned to SK and robbed young JY of a mother and the added angst of uncertainty related to mom's sudden disappearance. Even though WM was forced to cooperate with the baddies for personal reasons, he can't totally blame the baddies for his actions. He tried to save his wife but at what cost? And AOJ was ready to push him under the bus for all his efforts. This is not just about revenge for BSP but also the continuation and completion of his mother's work. He promised her he will be a good lawyer. We are given bits and pieces of his mother's history through his flashbacks. They were very close. The young BSP grew up very fast with one traumatic incident. Back in Gisung as a lawyer he teamed up with JY and now that she got her license back they will become partners and their team renamed to Invincible Law Firm and joining them are Prosecutor Chun and Detective Kong. 

It is so disturbing how unconscionable Judge Cha is. Did she really think that with reversing the suspension of JY's license that JY will be ever grateful and act as they were before? She had all those men including AOJ prostrating to her that she assumes JY will be as before an adoring "daughter" and abandon Sang Pil? She must know that Sang Pil told her everything. I love how Sang Pil said to Cha, "you are angry because you lost someone you care about". She does not have YH adoration either. YH ambition is to surpass Cha. She is biding her time. So there will be dividing of the troops amongst the members of the 7 camp. I am wondering what YH and mom will do. Can't wait for episode 8

I agree that the whisper in the ear was the cutest. JY could not take it. They did not make us privy to what he said. But she said "don't" twice and the second time was so loud, because she could not handle it. LOL 

I believe JY's threat to Judge Cha shakes her more than any from AOJ or BSP because I actually think she genuinely likes JY and much prefers her to YH. She definitely would prefer her as the spiritual daughter than YH, but she goes around trying to manipulate JY into feeling a certain way and it just does not work on her. JY has her head on straight and isn't easily manipulated. I remember back in episode 1 when CMS found that mother who killed her husband not guilty and JY's dad made some comment about her being like Mother Theresa, JY said she's been consistent which just goes to show that JY isn't so easily impressed by someone doing something good or "right" once or twice...consistency is the key.

As far as YH, I believe her whole rivalry with JY was orchestrated by her mother. NJS made some comment to AOJ that she didn't make YH into a prosecutor to clean up after him. I found that interesting because this show has never really shown us why there was a rivalry between them and the only time we did get a flashback of them it was heavily focused on NJS and JY. NJS told JY that YH wouldn't have been able to become a prosecutor if it wasn't for her which makes me wonder if being a prosecutor was even what YH wanted in the first place? Any time NJS mentions JY it's always tinged with jealousy. We know JY wanted to become one to find her mother. I believe it's more so YH's mother wanting her to surpass CMS than YH. I think YH really looks up to CMS. 

41 minutes ago, zenya22 said:

Choi Jin Ae, Sang Pil's mom, seems to have been given the pictures by JY's mom. Were they working together?

From one of the scenes in Ep 7, when CMS visited JA's office to ask her to step out of the murder case she & AOJ committed, it seems like she got the info (and photos) from HJ indeed. JA mentioned HJ (JY's mother) 's name when they were talking on the phone.

As more and more backstory of CMS we have seen so far, I could not help but think that she's also just a spoiled brat. I guess years after she lost JA- her own good if not best friend!-, she thought she found the replacement in JY. Alas, the latter is exactly like JA... they stand for justice. SP's words ring true... it's hard (even for somebody like CMS) to have lost a precious one.

I'm still hoping for the good fate for Uncle Dae Woong dong-onion-head-emoticon.gif... and looking forward to seeing another cute date of BongHa couple tonight! yieeeee... panda-emoticon-35.gif

3 hours ago, NoonaE said:

I'm still hoping for the good fate for Uncle Dae Woong dong-onion-head-emoticon.gif... and looking forward to seeing another cute date of BongHa couple tonight! yieeeee...

Me too. Uncle Dae Woong hopefully will be rescued by his men. It seems that he had been quiet and gone legit since he purchased and run an art gallery. For Sang Pil's sake be alive, uncle. I am anticipating what JY's mom will do if she will come out in the open or try to find detective Kong and work with him. If both worked with Choi Jin Ae before, they both know about the case. So much to look forward to. If uncle lives what will he do? 

I agree that she not only lost Choi Jin Ae, but now JY. Judge Cha, it seems does not know the real meaning of caring that it is a give and take alike. 

Whoa and the date!!! We are being given a romance relief amidst all the angst and comic relief too. Thank you. 

Random: I love how practical our lawyer with the mean right hook is. She wears sensible shoes. She can run, kick and do some martial art moves without having to worry about breaking  her ankle or falling on her head running  in stiletto heels

In the scheme of things, all things considered, WHM's death shouldn't have come as a surprise. He was always something of a liability to the powers that be in so far as he knew things, kept records of them and turned a blind eye to the strategic corruption that was systemic to Gi Sung's power brokers. Episode 7 was in the final analysis, his swan song, his bid for redemption after the passing of his wife, now that he had nothing to lose. One of the most moving moments in the episode was seeing him at the end of his life thanking SP for being his lawyer and telling him to never forgive him. It seemed foolish confronting AOJ on his own and in such fashion but looking back, I think he wanted to do penance his way. It was an existential defiance. I think he knew where that would lead him ultimately. But it showed that everything he had done and was doing was his choice, he was going out on his terms. Righting certain wrongs... as far as it is possible.

One of the aspects of SP's revenge I find appealing is the way he manoeuvres people to make their own choices about how far they're willing to go to participate in the fight for the truth. He can be scary when pushed or when people he cares about are in danger as we know but because he is insistent about using the Law, he gives various persons opportunities to do the right thing on their own (with some encouragement). I noticed that when he confronted Lawyer Go In Doo. He gave him the chance to back off. To me he's about restoration rather than destruction. I can't help feeling that he wants to "save" people who want to be saved. Especially people who got caught up with the corruption because they felt helpless and had no recourse.

Well, we now know for certain that the blind masseuse is passing on information to someone. The obvious person seems to be AOJ as her telephone call cut immediately to him on his phone talking to someone. But is it? I wonder. It could be an editing trick.

The husband said something interesting and I am now of the belief that it is now the biggest mystery of the entire drama. Who is BSP's father? What happened to him? SP doesn't take his mother's surname so I'm assuming he wasn't born out of wedlock. But nobody speaks in detail about him at all. All we see are scenes of him talking and doing things with his mother. I wonder all the time if he's still alive and doing things in the background. I'm just speculating of course. Did he go off grid because the corruption got too much for him?

Anyway I am looking forward to how matters progress. I am generally not a fan of trash talking opponents in K dramas but I guess it's right of out of the script writer's playbook... an oft used default tactic of showing defiance in the face of impossible odds. :wink: Ideally I'd like my characters to be a lot more circumspect in their scheming rather than declare their intentions loudly to their adversaries.

Although they've cut off a tail, the judge has found a way of using it to her advantage. I'm a bit concerned about the uncle (An Nae Sang) looking at the preview. I'd like to see him continue in the show for as long as possible. Please.

@40somethingahjumma as always, i love your two cents.

SP's father's wherabouts remains our biggest mystery. lets see if we'll get our answer, too!

I have the same doubt about the blind masseuse and AOJ... though it was shown as if she was talking on the phone with him, there's a chance that it's somebody else, too.

in the mean time, please click the naver real-time search to help with the buzz :D

https://search.naver.com/search.naver?sm=tab_hty.top&where=news&query=무법+변호사&oquery=무법+변호사&tqi=Txnh0lpySD8sst4zdw4ssssssmV-143972

Archived