[Drama 2018] Lawless Lawyer, 무법 변호사

Admin

Choi Min Soo???????  OMG!!!!!!!!!  With Lee Joon Gi???????  Oh...why couldn't this be a Saguek?!?!?!  I desperately want a sword battle between these two. Or them on horseback.  Can that happen in Giseong City???  <<<<LOL>>>

Ahhh...I am in HEAVEN now thinking of all the intense possibilities between these actors. The first time I actually saw Choi Min Soo was on Running Man.  He is rated as one of the best MALE guests ever. He was downright terrifying and hilarious at the same time. If you haven't seen any of those episodes, check them out. 

Choi Min Soo is to Running Man what Loki was to Avengers. He is the one great nemesis that Running Man will always fear. He will always be the great anti-hero that is strong where everyone else is weak. Most important of all, he is darn funny.

He shows Running Man a lot of respect by preparing before going to the show. He doesn’t go there and do whatever. Instead, he goes in advance and thinks of the things he wants done to create a great show for the audience and give some good laughs. His last appearance was especially impressive as he was able to set up everything to combine “fear” and “comedy” in the show. The result is one of the most unforgettable episodes ever where the members felt like they were on a slasher-cum-comedy film.

Episodes 52-53, 69, 118.  

I did watch Choi Min Soo in Warrior Baek Dong Soo afterwards because I wanted to know why they were so freaking scared of this guy.  Chun had the looks of Captain Jack Sparrow and yet commanded such power/fear/intensity but you also saw a soft side. I will be very interested to see how he interprets his gangster/chaebol.

I do not think I have seen any of Lee Hye Young's works. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/13/2018 at 8:48 AM, scarletlover1 said:

I would love to see IU and LJG guest star on each other shows since they're both taking place on TVN:blush:

I want another SHR reunion!

That would be fun if IU does a cameo on the show. LJG's character bumps into her in court, looks at her intensely and asks "Have we met before?" and she replies "Maybe in a past life" hehe :tongue:

10 hours ago, pixelsticks said:

Ahhh...I am in HEAVEN now thinking of all the intense possibilities between these actors. The first time I actually saw Choi Min Soo was on Running Man.  He is rated as one of the best MALE guests ever. He was downright terrifying and hilarious at the same time. If you haven't seen any of those episodes, check them out. :D

Thank you for this info @pixelsticks. I didn't realize Choi Min Soo was a guest on Running Man.  I will look those episodes up. He has a very intense look and he is a great actor. I would like to see him being funny.:lol: If anyone wants to see a drama kinda old called "Sandglass" Choi Min Soo  was really good in it. When that drama broadcast back in 1995 shop owners closed early so they could go home to watch the next episode. He has definitely been around a while and is a proven actor's actor. Really can't wait to see any kind of showdown between JG and MS.  A couple of really great actors playing adversaries pitted up against JG...the anticipation is building.

LEE HYE YOUNG AND CHOI MIN SOO CONFIRMED FOR TVN'S UPCOMING DRAMA LAWLESS LAWYER

0000632060_001_20180316141604775.jpg

1.png

1. [+1703, -13] The strongest ㅋㅋ

2. [+1403, -14] Actress Lee Hye Young ㅠㅠ Thank you for working hard, she is full of charisma!!

3. [+1155, -11] I should watch the broadcast because of actress Lee Hye Young

4. [+944, -14] Lee Hye Young-ssi, I like you~ I will make sure to watch it~^^♡ I just finished watching 'Mother' and It was touching and tearful

5. [+663, -15] The strongest people will meet?!

6. [+217, -5] Oh the lineup is so good

7. [+206, -7] Choi Min Soo is unbelievably good at acting

8. [+198, -5] Wow ㅋㅋㅋㅋ I only read the article but I can already feel the flames ㅋㅋㅋ Actress Lee Hye Young was impressive in 'Mother' I was looking forward to her next work and she has already chosen it! I will be looking forward to it♥

9. [+175, -3] Looking forward to see Lee Hye Young's same impressive acting as in 'Mother'

10. [+130, -3] I will watch it~~^^

Same here with the netizens.... I will definitely watch it... more Lee Joon Gi in modern theme, and my favourite queen also confirmed into this one... red carpet are ready for them.

Hello everybody!

I am so happy that this thread already exists hahaha... I forgot my soompi acc password for ages *since CM broadcast hahaha so I haven't been active on Lee Joon Gi page either huhu* but now I'm back with so much excitement over ''Lawless Lawyer" and you guys have already created this awesome forum! weeee... :heart:

There's hardly any info about the drama so I'm kinda nervous... in a good way, though... building up my excitement and expectation over this minimum update lol. Anyway, anyobody know how we can notify AsianWiki for cast update? They haven't included Lee Hyeyoung and Choi Min Soo :huh:http://asianwiki.com/Lawless_Lawyer

Anyway, gotta hide in my ''cave'' again... see you all again when there's an update :wub::heart:

7f0b23445f7d80d1d628f6cf3b4d8eea.gif

On 3/14/2018 at 7:14 PM, violina said:

Lawyer Bong was spotted today:

He was here:

OMG. I am so sad.

I was there on the very same day, accompanying my K-pop loving sister who wanted to visit JYP and SM Cafe nearby. I saw two vans equipped with so many filming equipment parked outside the club that morning but didn't pay that much attention. Should I have known LJG would be there, I would have stayed around that area longer. :(

Anyway, greetings to all. 

6 hours ago, lyserose said:

OMG. I am so sad.

I was there on the very same day, accompanying my K-pop loving sister who wanted to visit JYP and SM Cafe nearby. I saw two vans equipped with so many filming equipment parked outside the club that morning but didn't pay that much attention. Should I have known LJG would be there, I would have stayed around that area longer. :(

Anyway, greetings to all. 

aww..dont be sad.cheer up chingu.There is always next time.

More filming photos:

Seo Ye Ji & JG

Spoiler

JG

Spoiler

wow..they are really rounding up all the veterans...anyway its a reunion for JG and the one playing Seo Ye Ji's father(Actor Lee Han Wi).They were together in MBC Drama "Hero" in 2009.

Also from the description; our lawyer Jae Yi's father.guy above,  is the protagonist's father but has a past with the antagonist and has great respect for her(vilainess Cha).That is bound to create some friction between father and daughter later on.

Some fan art:

Aww.... @lyserose hugs!!  Hey at least you were in "same air" proximity! 

@violina that back is so recognizable. 

Thanks @not1but3 and @jade715 for bringing in the support cast info.  Looks like a strong set of actors with many works behind them. I hope the script will do them all justice. 

So what did y'all think of the character descriptions?  Sang Pil's mom is/was a Human Rights Lawyer?  Sang Pil's Uncle---sounds like the best chance for a bromance in this drama. Or maybe the bromance will be between the Uncle and the Accused Detective or Choi Min Soo?  I think you are on the right track @violina when you mention conflict between Ha Jae Yi's character and her father.  

Do you think this drama will have any levity? Or will it be a dark drama? 

23 hours ago, pixelsticks said:

Sang Pil's Uncle---sounds like the best chance for a bromance in this drama.

Looks like it from this pic:

Spoiler

TVN's "lawless lawyer page also updated:

@pixelsticks I am betting on this being mostly a dark drama like 90%.I mean this time slot on TVN is airing "live" which is slice of life drama.Before that, it was "Hwayugi" which was "romantic fantasy".After this drama will be "Mr Sunshine" a sageuk melodrama.So maybe this help them provide variety.

But there is a 10% probability of them throwing some humour.For one, the writer of this drama did it before in "confidential assignment" a movie starring Hyun Bin last year.Two, some of the recently added seniors..the male ones are familiar faces who ad-lib alot plus Choi Min Soo's last drama project had some comedy in it.As for what I think about the character descriptions.Il just say am happy that the women we have been introduced to..all have some substance to them and strong qualities.Three of the women including our Seo Ye Ji are lawyers.The other one is a minion but a smart one who causes mayhem and shaking things up.Usually these kinds of roles are given to male actors.

Spoiler

Ahh....the uncle's got a mustache and wearing a vest.  Why does this seem to exhibit a slight late 70s vibe to me? ^_^ Except the ties should be wider.  Heck, even the pic makes me think there will be humor built into the violence. 

33 minutes ago, violina said:

As for what I think about the character descriptions.Il just say am happy that the women we have been introduced to

Let's hope we can form some Girl Crushes over the 16 Episodes.

Some new Seo Ye Ji pics...from her Movie Premiere...Meet the Memories.  

https://twitter.com/seoyeaji90/status/976813410917629953

So quiet in Law Law Land....we know that at least JG had a day off from filming to go to a studio to work on a project for his upcoming FM.  https://www.instagram.com/p/Bgvgj6kgw6R/?taken-by=actor_jg

And Choi Min Soo used that time to go buy a bike with his wife. https://www.instagram.com/p/BgqqM42A2q_/?taken-by=junekang70

And I imagined LJG & CMS in a Sageuk drama.  A fangirl can wish...

https://www.instagram.com/p/BgwP3_9FR2c/?taken-by=pixelsticks_usa

Archived