[Drama 2018] Lawless Lawyer, 무법 변호사

Admin

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I forgot about the Royal Wedding till I woke up and my parents were watching it lol but anyway, from the clips the show is still on point. I see how no subs affect the discussion  in gere. Hopefully Viki will catch up soon. Just dropping my new vid. Enjoy!

6 hours ago, junejungki said:

@pixelsticks OMG!! Finally the english sub is here. I wasnt able to watch episode 2 in our local tv channel 2 nights ago. I was waiting for english sub until today

THANK the DRAMA GODS!  Or actually thank cgwm808, jo_p66, jinhee_664, cptime1 and leesuhyung_264!  I see even EP 2 has progress and Episode 3 is posted.  Might the ball get rolling??  Might we get quicker subs??  Fingers crossed!

5 hours ago, triplem said:

look at this scene .the look he gave her . See how she tried to keep her cool ..

They looked so domestic and comfortable already...like they have been doing that every morning for awhile. But you know the writer is gonna mess with that bliss...

5 hours ago, NoonaE said:

it appeared only for a while at #20 and #16 and then disappeared completely :cold_sweat:. Let's put it back again on the Top 20!

It was at #9 for a brief moment when I was clicking articles.  But yes, Big Wedding Day.  Episode 3 was full of dialogue that I cannot wait to hear, and it had some great moments between characters.  That BSP gang is still a hoot.  I hope the ratings are too impacted by all the other events. 

2 hours ago, violina said:

Lawyer Ha update:

Those are some great images from the poster shoot!  

And yes....that OST is a guitar-driven fun ditty!  It's eerily similar to a JET song (<<<---clicky --Are You Gonna Be My Girl?- especially the guitar riff and chant, +strong drum beat)...but I LOVE me some JET and guitar rock.  This OST is called Burn It Up.  Jet has a song called Rip It Up.  This band, iamnot, must also love JET. 

@violina is right...it fits!  Are you gonna be his Girl....Ha Jae Yi???  What are the lyrics to the OST?

Even black bean sauce cannot hide the handsome.  

Ratings(today's or yesterday(?)depending on where you are):

Last Week Saturday:

Dont be alarmed by the drop in ratings.Our LawLaw is still getting positive reviews all around on Naver(critics, audience and media).Drama is just upping the goodness.ep 3 was great.As you can see,  all the dramas today dropped in ratings compared to last Saturday.Looks like royal wedding affect all broadcasts.If you can compare last sunday's ratings to today's its only "pretty noona" that has rose in ratings because it was the last episodes.All the other dramas including our lawlaw dropped.

Fighting!!!!

tumblr_p8eiy50Ox61w99clso5_500.gif

1 hour ago, violina said:

Ratings(today's or yesterday(?)depending on where you are):

Last Week Saturday:

Dont be alarmed by the drop in ratings.Our LawLaw is still getting positive reviews all around on Naver(critics, audience and media).Drama is just upping the goodness.ep 3 was great.As you can see,  all the dramas today dropped in ratings compared to last Saturday.Looks like royal wedding affect all broadcasts.If you can compare last sunday's ratings to today's its only "pretty noona" that has rose in ratings because it was the last episodes.All the other dramas including our lawlaw dropped.

Fighting!!!!

i hope it rises next episode or it keeps its 5% for rest of the season.

Also viki slow as richard simmons on the subs .

1 hour ago, violina said:

Our LawLaw is still getting positive reviews all around on Naver(critics, audience and media).

Sample of translated netizen comments.Of course some could be fan comments(naver is famous for that) but its a more reliable source to get objective comments than Nate.Thiese are the comments for ep 3.

tumblr_p9075mmCb81w2cbngo1_400.png

Another one:

tumblr_p9077rFFX91w2cbngo1_400.png

Translation credit:https://ddoboja.blogspot.com/2018/05/spoilerslawless-lawyer-roundup-episode-3.html

I think the rating of Ep 3 is still good and stable. Most likely it’ll increase tonight if there’s no other big programs or happenings provided that the drama maintains its current style of combining fun, sweet and intense scenes as well as the unique strengths of each character especially the female ones. Anybody here starts loving Manager Tae-Geum Gang‘s silly bromance? ugly-chick-smiley-04.gif

A spoiler for Ep 4: 

Spoiler

I hope it's fine to share the link here~ Eng subbed 1st episode for those of you who cannot access Viki:

I saw the progress at Viki this morning and quite happy that all episodes are being subbed... hopefully within the next days we can watch episodes 1-3 with sub already! crossing fingers! dong-onion-head-emoticon.gif

Just watched Ep 1 and it's good!

Dark City-ish atmosphere. A sort of anti-hero lead.

I see a trend in lawyer based drama (honestly is there like a season for certain types of dramas?) and LJK gives this vibe of a naughty Robin Hood - you can literally see the twinkle in his eye. And the banter between him and Jae Yi - give me more!

PS - Thank you subs!

1 hour ago, Dramanoona said:

Just watched Ep 1 and it's good!

Dark City-ish atmosphere. A sort of anti-hero lead.

I see a trend in lawyer based drama (honestly is there like a season for certain types of dramas?) and LJK gives this vibe of a naughty Robin Hood - you can literally see the twinkle in his eye. And the banter between him and Jae Yi - give me more!

PS - Thank you subs!

hmm lawyer, crime and detective kdramas will never go out of fashion.There will always be one popping up.Just talking about legal dramas...these five months of 2018..we have Suits, Switch, this drama(LL), upcoming miss hammurabi, dear judge and am sure we will see another one.But at least this year looks promising than last year.I think there are better offerings than last year and casting is better too.We already have got three slice of life drama that have done well(my ahjussi, Live and Mother).Comedy(welcome to waikiki) Lets see how the rom coms do(undateables and secretary kim).melo(mr sunshine and memories of alhambra).The ones notably missing are sageuk dramas.So far ive only  heard about "The Grand Prince".

Anyway back to legal drama....

For the lurkers who are hesitating whether to watch or not..maybe this review might make you want to give this drama a try:

First Impressions: Lawless Lawyer

posted by Debra John on May 19, 2018 2 comments
First Impressions Lawless Lawyer
Spoiler

Time for a badass law duo to give us a break from the prim and proper, book-abiding Attorneys we've been seeing.Lawless Lawyer is here to give us a fresh take on the Vigilante-esque Lawyer during a reign of Crime and Mystery dramas.

About Bong Sang Pil (Lee Joon Gi) who witnesses the tragic death of his mother as a child at the hands of Ahn Oh Joo (Choi Min Soo) as he forcibly tries to obtain evidence revolving around a case Sang Pil's mother worked on as a Lawyer. Managing to flee her killers, Sang Pil finds shelter and family through his uncle, Choi Dae Woong(Ahn Nae Sang) a Gangster who raises Sang Pil and teaches him how to fight. 

Keeping his promise to his mother, Sang Pil becomes a Defence Lawyer using the law in the courtroom but his fists and wits outside of it, reinforcing the belief that, "one should know the law, to break the law." Moving back to his hometown, he sets up his own firm, wishing to unravel the case surrounding his mother's death in order to exact revenge. He hires Ha Jae Yi (Seo Ye Ji) as an Office Manager and Partner after she gets demoted from attacking a Judge (literally punching him in the face) but Sang Pil knows far more about her than he lets on. 

I have to hand it to the dramas that have been premiering recently, they've done nothing but impress and Lawless Lawyer is definitely one of them. Unlike the Lawyers we've been seeing in dramas like Suits or Prosecutors in previous shows, this one is extremely entertaining with its rule-bending propensity.

The pacing and scenes are timed perfectly, really utilizing the action scenes in conjunction to the courtroom and law-firm setting. In other words, there's never a dull moment and the drama can only be defined as snazzy since it's engrossing with a high production quality, interesting content, and great script. It's sleek and glossy, with a story that moves at a speed we can digest although you have to pay close attention otherwise, you might miss something vital.

First Impressions Lawless Lawyer Korean drama

First Impressions Lawless Lawyer Korean drama Lee Joon GiAs far as casting in concerned, the main cast is like a gift from K-dramaland. I can't express enough how I've kept tabs on this ever since the casting was confirmed. We have two veteran actors who excel at whatever roles they take on but Lee Joon Gi and Seo Ye Ji have come out of previous projects gaining praise and great reception from the impressive acting they've displayed.

And I have to give it to them, their scenes are simply captivating because the chemistry is sensational, from the intense banter to light flirting. Out of all the law dramas that have come out recently, focusing on crime and courtroom affairs, this couple is a powerhouse duo that will have others make a run for their money. I've had to gradually warm-up to other main leads or overcome any form of dissatisfaction I might have, weighing my pros and cons, "do I like the leads or the script more?" And usually, a drama would fall flat from either but Lawless Lawyergives me everything I want from a Law series and more. 

The action aspects are fluid, giving us great thug fights and Gangster meet-ups while the law elements aren't severely time consuming since our leads don't spend so much time muddled in paperwork and documentation. What makes this drama unique is how it combines various genres instead of solely focusing on 'law' because the revenge arch and corruption scandals all come back full circle to Gangster affiliation and the Judges and Lawyers who wash their hands clean of blood while being master puppeteers behind closed doors.

First Impressions Lawless Lawyer Korean drama Seo Ye Ji
I was patiently waiting for Choi Min Soo to show up and when he did, you bet I had chills running up and down my spine because the man is simply terrifying when he's playing a villain! As a veteran actor, he'll be a complete scene stealer so I'm excited for a sizzling antagonistic atmosphere between him and Lee Joon Gi. Our screens just might crack from all the intensity. Or who knows, maybe the Writer has a bloodbath in store for us since Ahn Oh Joo has gone from Mobster to being the head of a large corporation - the higher up they are, the more gratifying it is to see them fall.

I absolutely love our main leads and was proven wrong because I thought Sang Pil would be a lot more outlandish and violent but he only ever uses his fists to defend himself, never throwing the first punch. Ironic, considering the fact that our female lead doesn't mind throwing punches at people who use her status as a woman against her. She's feisty and up-right and overall, extremely likeable and admirable. Ha Jae Yi doesn't bend for anyone, upholding her morals so it'll be interesting to see how she accepts Sang Pil as a Lawyer who works outside of defined lines.

With a solid premiere and enthralling premise, Lawless Lawyer is sure to be an entertaining watch. We've all been dying to see Lee Joon Gi back onscreen in a modern drama to wash away our blues from Scarlet Heart Ryeo (that did a number on all our souls). And he's definitely back to break a few hearts and have you falling in love with his bad boy persona with a sprinkle of wholesome savagery. My expectations were high to begin with, but after a great premiere, they're even higher than before. 

Release Date: May 12, 2018 (Eng sub available on Viki)

I just wanted to let this out and have it off my chest.

Will not mention this again. I swear!

But....

I just want to take LJK out for a hearty meal whenever I see him on screen.

Phew. Over.

I am looking forward to the dance between our heroes and the baddies. It looks like everyone realises who everyone is.

Let's fasten our seatbeats and pass the popcorn.

PljTpB.png

PS Episode 2 subs are out. And Ep 2 gets better....

That's a great review from DramaPanda and I wholeheartedly agree. This really is a quality drama that while I wouldn't go out of my way to convince someone who absolutely has no interest in watching it, if you're on the fence about it you should definitely give it a try. If the "legal" tag is throwing you off don't let it. So far more happens outside of the court than in it. This drama covers so many genres and pretty damn adequately if I do say so myself. 

@violina thank you for posting the link of the review! couldn't agree more! I'm saying this not because i'm a hardcore Lee Joongi fan but so far the episodes are indeed really good.

From what I gathered, some Korean viewers (non JG or SYJ fans) also liked it that the drama has this comedic atmosphere... it has gone beyond their expectation as well. Let's hope that the hype stays until the end of the drama. Even though so far it's really pacing quickly,  it still keeps some of its important mysteries yet to unfold.

On 5/19/2018 at 9:39 AM, violina said:

she is already falling without knowing it..

I want to see her reaction when she finally realizes it... Will she be like this crazy monkey 160  or boring crazy rabbit ? :wink:

And @violina thank you so much for the updates: article, IG posts, video clips, everything. You rock!! love you crazy rabbit

15 hours ago, triplem said:

I hv been just spoiling myself watching the cuts on IG raw ... look at this scene .the look he gave her . See how she tried to keep her cool ..

Oh, the way he looks at her!!! admire2 onion head And she is totally flustered!!! panda 29 Though I can't wait to see the romance part later on, it is so fun to watch her falling for him...

10 hours ago, chrissydiva said:

Just dropping my new vid. Enjoy!

WOW!! Just wow!! This is amazing! good job onion head

9 hours ago, pixelsticks said:

THANK the DRAMA GODS!  Or actually thank cgwm808, jo_p66, jinhee_664, cptime1 and leesuhyung_264!  I see even EP 2 has progress and Episode 3 is posted.  Might the ball get rolling??  Might we get quicker subs??  Fingers crossed!

Episode 1 is at 95%, Ep. 2 at 97% and Ep. 3 is at 1% at the moment. We might get the subs quickly this time. Maybe we should just send in Red Ginseng...

9 hours ago, pixelsticks said:

They looked so domestic and comfortable already...like they have been doing that every morning for awhile. But you know the writer is gonna mess with that bliss...

Yes, the writer is messing with that bliss in today's episode itself: look at the Ep. 4 text preview.

6 hours ago, violina said:

Dont be alarmed by the drop in ratings.

At least we are still in the 5% range. Hopefully we'll be able to get better ratings for tonight's episode. The ending of Ep. 3 is so intense, it might make more people to watch LL live tonight. Let's hope for the best.

4 hours ago, NoonaE said:

Anybody here starts loving Manager Tae-Geum Gang‘s silly bromance? 

Me! Me! Meeeee! :ph34r:I even ship Mr Bong with Manager Tae and the gang. They are just so perfect together! crazy monkey 187:ph34r:

47 minutes ago, kjoy said:

This really is a quality drama that while I wouldn't go out of my way to convince someone who absolutely has no interest in watching it, if you're on the fence about it you should definitely give it a try. If the "legal" tag is throwing you off don't let it. So far more happens outside of the court than in it. This drama covers so many genres and pretty damn adequately if I do say so myself. 

Another thing I love about this drama is how unexpected the scenes are: it's a bit hard to predict how the scenes would progress and they make you go confused onion head and evil smile onion head and shock2 onion head 

And we've got some new stills:

http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=382&aid=0000647467&lfrom=twitter

Spoiler

0000647467_001_20180520130317383.jpg?type=w540

Ep. 4 preview (short version) with English subs:

Just watched the first two episodes and im super enjoying this after my ahjussi i was really worried i would compare everything to that and get bored or not like show's but this show has really high quality entertainment. 

LJK still so underrated hes one of the best Korean actors he really deserves more awards. 

If TVN does not have a award show it really does need one after all these shows it's putting out. 

5 hours ago, NoonaE said:

I need some Geum Gang‘s gifs in my life! 

Here's Mr Bong with his gang:

One of my favourite scenes - they do their LL/ Kung fu panda pose even in the jail!

25ybq0b.gif

I love how protective they are of Mr Bong

CgCkGUE.gif

They wouldn't let him go through that embarrassment alone - they are always with him

Spoiler

h7c6Cwv.gif

The gang is playful with him too

Spoiler

2mA4Snv.gif

And probably one of my favourite JG expressions in this Episode

n9ImJ9V.gif

Archived