[Drama 2018] Lawless Lawyer, 무법 변호사

Admin

@bluelilac1214 chingu-ah, may I ask where did you watch live stream? I tried aqstream couple of times but never worked for tvN URRRGGGHHH!!!!!

All I can do is stalking tvN youtube channel and F5 like crazy every 5 seconds for update clips. This drama is just one of those that I can not wait another 30' for full raw ep.

The preview:......... WHAT?????? I have to say I was dying to see the romance part to tone down the thriller ride, but I don't get it? Don't get me wrong, I love their chemistry I just don't know how the writers are going to unfold this romantic relationship (we had so little time to develop it). But am I complaining? NOPE! BRING IT ON!!! BRING ALL THE LOVEY DOVEY OF THE WORLD, I'LL TAKE THEM ALL!!!!

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I just saw the preview and what? Romance? Already? Uh....I'll have to see it first, but I'm not sure about this. I wanted romance at some point if it made sense, but at this point it doesn't. I could see it if it was a 'I'm hurt, you're hurt' scenario and they're taking comfort in each other (and the fact that she has some tears in her eyes when they're embracing makes me think maybe that's what the writer is going for). 

My mind literally cannot compute what I saw in that preview. I know people in general are crazy for romance, but I only care for it if it makes sense. It was so blatant in the preview that I'm hoping it's a bait and switch and it is just a dream (most likely from BSP's pov). 

Thing is if they did actually hook them up this early then they would have to have a break up/conflict between them for awhile to keep up the relationship drama.Thats why you  ever see a happy couple very long in soap operas . I would rather have a drama where they get together in episode 13 than that. 

I actually think if they actually did become a full on couple this show could actually maintain them without having all the often unnecessary drama conflict or will they/want they bs. This show in general has done a pretty good job at not falling too deep into cliches. 

I am not opposed to the romance given how I hv always felt that chemistry...squeals! 

it’s not a dream sequence. 

Viki needs to Pali Pali Sub this 

Oh don't get me wrong I am not opposed to romance. I want BSP and HJY to get together at some point (they are way too fated imo not to be), but I'm a slow burn gal and wanted a tad more development. But it is undeniable that Yeji and Junki have tons of chemistry (at least imo). 

This I think for me is the highlight scene for eps 5. Jae Yi puts two & two together , and confronts BSP. She realises now the connection between her mum & his . So she finally sees that map that BSP has of everyone & How they are linked . I can see why the romance can somehow progress . 

42 minutes ago, insamgoguma said:

chingu-ah, may I ask where did you watch live stream? I tried aqstream couple of times but never worked for tvN URRRGGGHHH!!!!

I watched it here: http://www.tving.com/live/player/C00551

43 minutes ago, insamgoguma said:

All I can do is stalking tvN youtube channel and F5 like crazy every 5 seconds for update clips. This drama is just one of those that I can not wait another 30' for full raw ep.

I completely understand you. :D

31 minutes ago, kjoy said:

So I just saw the preview and what? Romance? Already? Uh....I'll have to see it first, but I'm not sure about this. I wanted romance at some point if it made sense, but at this point it doesn't. I could see it if it was a 'I'm hurt, you're hurt' scenario and they're taking comfort in each other (and the fact that she has some tears in her eyes when they're embracing makes me think maybe that's what the writer is going for). 

The scenes in the preview were totally unexpected. I could not believe my eyes for a moment. They did say that the romance will bloom only in the middle of the drama, right? Did they mean like 8th or 9th episode? confused onion head Even though the drama moves fast, it might be a bit early to see romance between them tomorrow itself. Maybe it is a comforting scene as you mentioned. Maybe it happens in the future episodes... This drama has been amazing so far, so I don't think they'll force romance part just for the sake of it... I trust the writer, crazy monkey 026 I think.... 

But would I complain if there is romance and a kiss or many in tomorrow's episode? NO!!! Definitely NOT!! I'd squee when I see it! embarrassed1 onion head

:blink: wow... this drama really has no chill... a potential romance already in Ep 6? Somehow I like the idea, though... that Jae Yi CAN actually choose what to do with her heart without being too distracted by CMS; that despite her deep respect towards CMS, if she thinks SP's worth it, she'll go to his side. I just hope that the writer won't change her into a weak character~ that she'll continue to be SP's equal partner in taking down the villains. A slowburn romance? we'll see :D

Can't wait for the English sub and of course next episode :D

6 minutes ago, RobinM said:

I wonder if we will get the Holy grail of Drama romance:A bed scene

yes, please hahaha :wub:

and my favourite scene from tonight's episode: oppa's fighting scene :heart:

P.S. If you have some spare time, please go click the naver real-time search. During the broadcast (and a couple of hours afterwards), Lawless Lawyer was in the top 10 and 20 :) . Let's put it back to the top 10 for drama and CPI ranks.

https://search.naver.com/search.naver?where=news&query=무법변호사&sm=tab_srt&sort=1&photo=0&field=0&reporter_article=&pd=0&ds=&de=&docid=&nso=so%3Add%2Cp%3Aall%2Ca%3Aall&mynews=0&mson=0&refresh_start=0&related=0

I'm just in the wait and see camp. It makes sense for the characters of BSP and HJY to be together, I just want the timing to be right. Either way the romance won't be awful, I just hope it's believable. 

Like I had imagined it, CMS is forced to choose NYH as her spiritual daughter because HJY came to believe BSP. However, once NYH is introduced to the inner circle, it doesn't mean that she has already turned evil and decided to commit crimes for CMS. In my opinion, later NYH will have to choose as well, if she wants to receive CMS's legacy and become dirty. She won't see everything right away. Nevertheless, CMS has always kept NYH in the dark for so long and there is a reason to it. I have the impression that she wants to keep deceiving NYH as long as possible, so that she has not to face the same situation like CMS was confronted many years ago: fight for her father and his good name or fight for justice... Furthermore, we shouldn't forget that her own mother is also involved in the crime world. In order to cover up her mother's crimes, will she choose to commit crimes as well? Like I mentioned it above, NYH seems to be innocent hence I have the impression that at the end of the road, NYH might make a different choice than CMS. Fight for truth and justice than more saving the appearances and fakeness.

@triplem Thanks for the compliment. Now, back to your question: What does CMS mean with this remark? 

"Whovever I show my true feelings to is in the most difficult position. Remember that."

First, let me explain the expression showing her true feelings. It signifies that CMS has to take that mask off. So once the veil is removed, she will show her true personality hence her true thoughts and feelings. Until now, CMS has been hiding her true character behind her robe. People perceive her as judge and not as human being. Once the robe is removed, the person will be able to see what kind of human CMS is. Therefore CMS warns NSJ not to wish too soon that she reveals her true personality to her daughter because the moment she does, the person will be confronted with a dilemna: which path shall she choose? Accept that the judge was just a cover up for crimes and behind the facade, CMS is just an evil person which means that the daughter is greedy for power and wealth or refuse it and fight against her?

NSJ was jealous that CMS would treat HYJ more like her "daughter" than NYH. However, NSJ is confusing the seeming and the real. That's what CMS tried to remind her as well. Just because she is nice to HJY, this doesn't mean that her feelings are genuine.

Nevertheless, I suspect that CMS did prefer HJY over NYH for different reasons: HJY had to work hard and never relied on anyone, not even on CMS. Notice that she moved to Seoul for her own career. For NYH, it was different, since the mother could use her influence. NYH remained in Gisung, hence she was never really challenged and never had to fight for her own career.

Moreover, the challenge was even higher: turn the daughter of the mother she killed into her own daughter!! You can sense the perfidy in this: the high priestess is able to convince someone to side with her, although she killed her own mother. She had a different approach to HJY: the more freedom she gives to HJY, the more loyal and blinded HJY will be. But the problem is that HJY has never been blind or deaf in reality. She has always used her own head. When she saw injustice (f. ex. scene with NSJ hurting the teacher), she intervened. This scene outlined that HJY has never been someone who follows conventions and rules blindly. She was not scared to argue with NSJ because she was abusing her power and authority. This was also confirmed with the scene where she punched the judge who was far from just and impartial. As conclusion, HJY has always shown no fear to any powerful authority, she has always dared to question their authority and their decision. She has never been a blind follower like her father. She has always used her own heart and head from the start. 

@evie7 @Dramanoona 

He is charismatic and super hot and she is a strong,  smart and very pretty woman. They have a common goal in life regarding getting overdue justice , their history is connected and they see each other in close proximity every day.

It would actually be unbelievable if they weren’t  very attracted to each other by now. 

regarding the preview. I remember sometime they put scene that happens in a later episode in the preview. this could be to warm us up for the romance to come:wub:   I think some danger have happened for them to get that closer, and not just that she now knows how they are connected. I do hope that the romance is organic :) 

31 minutes ago, NoonaE said:

and my favourite scene from tonight's episode: oppa's fighting scene

Oh, it was such a delight to see that fight scene! admire2 onion head

One of my favourite scenes today would be this:

I love how eerily calm Mr Bong was when AOJ comes to the office - too calm. Even his voice was too quiet. Then all of a sudden he grabs AOJ by the collar; even now his voice is quiet. But his face - oh my god his face! His expressions convey it all. That barely restrained anger is everything - the tension in his hand; that tiny smirk; those eyebrow lifts! How does JG control the expressions in his face like that? And those eyes!!! love you crazy rabbit

Sorry about the fangirling - I just can't help it... crazy monkey 095

Archived