Quantcast
Mel_Rios

Thai BL Series - "Cause you're my boy" & "Our Skyy - Drake & Frank" - 2018

1 hour ago, pleck said:

I think it also just takes some time to get used to. That interview is from June. They seem more comfortable on the มนุษย์ป้าล่าเด็ก episode from a few days ago.

Yes, But also in the new web show thay where not so close

i'm too attached to the idea that they could be a real couple!  sadly, they aren't and never will be:dissapointed_relieved:

so i must stop watching those guest shows!!!

I remember i also was that with "toghether with me" series, the actors gave a great fan servies and where lovey dovey all the time, but now it's all gone! you don't see them lovey dovey anymore!

Apparently GMMTV cast only straight actors ,  i don't understand why and how they even know if they are...it's absurd 

so it make me strong believe i need to come back to earth and stop believing those nonsence they could be  couple:confounded:

• Like 1

It's probably best not to make assumptions about what actors feel in real life, because we don't know what is real, and what is fan service. Besides, the audience these series are mainly targeted at will unfortunately like them better if they're straight, so even if anyone isn't straight, admitting it can be bad for their career. And of course, even though it would be sweet if there were actual romances, I respect their privacy on whatever they want to keep to themselves. That doesn't mean I don't sometimes wonder as well just like you, but I know there's never going to be any way to know for sure, and that's fine.

36 minutes ago, JAN said:

Yes, But also in the new web show thay where not so close

Probably not the kind of close you meant, but Drake did slowly take over Frank's chair throughout the new episode of มนุษย์ป้าล่าเด็ก:lol:

Ha3QF4m.jpg

• Like 3

9 hours ago, JAN said:

What did you guys think after seeing this video?

Have seen it at the beginning of the serie, and i noticed (as they says themself) there is a starting chemistry between all actors. First shy, then confident. I like a lot Drake's joke about "fan": i push 1, 2, 3!  It made me laugh a lot too! Au and Ton are presented as second leading role, but they aren't as present as it seems to be in this vid. I can't bring an real appreciation about their attitude that exist between them cause it is among their first interview. I guess today things have moved and be more evident. Into this one, their answers were more or less hesitant, not yet totally assuming they are acting in a BL serie, with a few neutral response. Not yet lovey dovey, for sure!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JAN said:

so it make me strong believe i need to come back to earth and stop believing those nonsence they could be  couple:confounded:

My first and only disappointment was Qing/Feng Jang-Yu couple from Counter-attack serie. For years, they were lovey-dovey, but finally, they goes their separate ways, one of them having an official girlfriend! Here in Soompi, there was a dedicated thread i follow, until truth to emerge little by little. I was a duo shipper, and finally, as they both have cheated on us, i decide to nevermore believe into this kind of hope! So now at start of every new serie, i already lost any illusion, and in this way, concentrate my interest only into the serie's story. The surprise will be one day, there is a real gay couple to ship!

For now, i'm only a Frank's supporter!:wub:

2 hours ago, pleck said:

It's probably best not to make assumptions about what actors feel in real life, because we don't know what is real, and what is fan service. Besides, the audience these series are mainly targeted at will unfortunately like them better if they're straight, so even if anyone isn't straight, admitting it can be bad for their career. And of course, even though it would be sweet if there were actual romances, I respect their privacy on whatever they want to keep to themselves. That doesn't mean I don't sometimes wonder as well just like you, but I know there's never going to be any way to know for sure, and that's fine.

Kudos to that. To be honest, I don't really understand the point in shipping real people. How could we tell the difference between reality and fan service? That's impossible because there is often no way for us to check what reality is. And even when there is, actors and their characters are two different things. No one can tell who Drake and Frank are in real life but precisely people who get to know them in real life. 

Even in GMMTV was only casting gay actors (which would be discriminating against the other to be fair), no one can know if the main actors would become a couple in real life and how long it would last. We just have to respect actors privacy, they might be public people now,  but they don't belong to us and have a right to have their own life, their own sexuality and even to not get along with their co-stars as long as they remain professional. 

I've honestly come to think that fan service is like 50% of the job GMMTV ask from their actors now and even if it helps to promote the show, I really don't think it should be.

So I'm interested in Mork and Tee but not so much in Drake and Frank as long as they act well (which they are) and make me believe in their characters. 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, SaQaroz said:

To be honest, I don't really understand the point in shipping real people.

In the Qing/Feng Jian Yu "gay" couple, they subtly mixed acting, fan-meeting and private life, letting some clues there and then, so many fall into the trap (so i'm one!). This for years. It is when FJY was caught in the act with his girlfriend that pro and con start a battle! The problem was their private life (which i agree must be respected, no problem with that) cause i was glad to support "official gay couple". They more than play with us, using different status, in the way to become very popular in the asian sphere! So they finally were, winning lot of award  there and then. When it is actors themselves that mix their actors and gay couple status, where is the limit to not cross for fans?

For strictly answer to your quoted comment, i totally agree with you! I support Phu and Noh as Love sick's couple, and i don't care what they are and do in their private life! It's the same for every gay couple in a BL serie. Support Q/FJY was a solidarity act as gay couple/actors, knowing to be openly gay couple is not always an easy way. I didn't regret to support them before, i'm just a little sad they cheat on us! That's among all surprise life gives us!

• Like 1

For the shipping, I always feel it was for the fanservice. Sometimes, it's so credible, that I want to believe but if it's not true, too bad but not unbearable. The most important for me that it is cute, and I can giggle, even if I know it's fake.

It's just when they don't play together just because the fact that it was only fanfiction was revealed, it's too bad because for the examples given here, they were a real alchemy, like for Wang Qing/Feng Jianyu.

For the itw, clearly they are not at ease, but I like that, it make them more human, less formatted!

15 hours ago, pleck said:

I just started rewatching the episodes again, because it's been too long since episode 5, and I have no other shows to watch. :( Random and mostly pointless :D observations and questions incoming...

2) Here's a photo of the back of Mork's shirt after they announce their fake relationship, that's not from the actual restroom scene.

3) Au called Bambie on Mork's phone, but he didn't seem to care whose phone he could borrow, and someone with a female voice (who sounds like it could be Bambie) actually called back. I think Au already knew Bambie's phone number, and entered it himself rather than redialed the fake number Mork called. 

4) Perhaps Au was annoyed with Mork at the stadium for continuing the fake relationship with Tee, because he doesn't want Bambie to get hurt. Suggesting Mork should end the fake relationship and unfriend Tee was his way of driving Tee back towards Bambie to make her happy. What doesn't really makes sense is that later on he appears to have a crush on her, so wouldn't he want her to be single and have Tee stay away from Bambie?

I felt less lonely, I spent so many hours to rewatch all the episodes, except episode 4, that I like a little less.

2- I always want to know what is writting on it, may someone translate it ?

3- I think he doesn't care which one lends his phone, he took the first one, but for the story it has to be Mork!

4- There is something that bothering me, because Au doesn't let Mork finish his sentences and he says "and I ... " what ???? 

But I don't think Au was annoyed about the fake relationship because he doesn't want Bambi to get hurt, but because he doesn't want Mork to be hurt. Au ans Ton really care about Mork.

3 hours ago, gogole mongol said:

What does it means?

I think he means communication is the key. Since the beginning, it is what is missing betwenn Tee and Mork.

• Like 2

I found the karaoke song Tee and Mork were singing. It has a nice melody. Too bad Tee wasn't doing it justice :)

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

1 hour ago, mellialuna said:

For the shipping, I always feel it was for the fanservice. Sometimes, it's so credible, that I want to believe but if it's not true, too bad but not unbearable. The most important for me that it is cute, and I can giggle, even if I know it's fake.

It's just when they don't play together just because the fact that it was only fanfiction was revealed, it's too bad because for the examples given here, they were a real alchemy, like for Wang Qing/Feng Jianyu.

For the itw, clearly they are not at ease, but I like that, it make them more human, less formatted!

Sometimes it was quite obvious most the "couples" are for fanservice.

But there is 1 couple (Huang Jingyu and Xu WeiZhou from Addicted) which I thought they are really together and the fans are like some super cyber detectives that they are able to trace every single things the couple wears and go to.

I almost thought Max and Tul are real couple since they are always lovey dovey together in all events. Moreover, they are the most convincing couple in Thai series.  :lol:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, starbum said:

I almost thought Max and Tul are real couple since they are always lovey dovey together in all events. Moreover, they are the most convincing couple in Thai series.  :lol:

I agree with that, for now, their alchemy is real (seems at least).

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mellialuna said:

I think he means communication is the key. Since the beginning, it is what is missing betwenn Tee and Mork.

I think you are right! It is obvious at the end on ep 5, when Tee can't explain to Mork the reason of the phone call with Bambi and his decision to see her, in place of their rendez-vous. BTW, i also think the ice rather melted between them and this last dissension will be soon an old souvenir. To love is to make up with your lover, and now, they are boyfriend, they just have to talk more for made things be more constantly enjoyable! I guess writer didn't see things as me!

• LOL 1

8 hours ago, gogole mongol said:

Have seen it at the beginning of the serie, and i noticed (as they says themself) there is a starting chemistry between all actors. First shy, then confident. I like a lot Drake's joke about "fan": i push 1, 2, 3!  It made me laugh a lot too! Au and Ton are presented as second leading role, but they aren't as present as it seems to be in this vid. I can't bring an real appreciation about their attitude that exist between them cause it is among their first interview. I guess today things have moved and be more evident. Into this one, their answers were more or less hesitant, not yet totally assuming they are acting in a BL serie, with a few neutral response. Not yet lovey dovey, for sure!

Yes , the thing is Au and Ton don't have much time screen , They also not a couple.i see them as a supporting actors, , i like them  , but have little interest... i know from fb that Au is a song writer  , it's a shame he is so shy and not telling about his songs..but i guess it's take time, he look as a sensetive guy

7 hours ago, gogole mongol said:

My first and only disappointment was Qing/Feng Jang-Yu couple from Counter-attack serie. For years, they were lovey-dovey, but finally, they goes their separate ways, one of them having an official girlfriend! Here in Soompi, there was a dedicated thread i follow, until truth to emerge little by little. I was a duo shipper, and finally, as they both have cheated on us, i decide to nevermore believe into this kind of hope! So now at start of every new serie, i already lost any illusion, and in this way, concentrate my interest only into the serie's story. The surprise will be one day, there is a real gay couple to ship!

For now, i'm only a Frank's supporter!:wub:

How i like  Qing/Feng Jang-Yu couple  , but i didn't follow them a lot.

i see couple of YT videos back then i thought they have something, but after i realized  fan servies in China is more extreme 

they acting in front of the camera after the drama is finished, all the time..24/7 so i stop watching

I know that Drake and Frank are just an actors and they have their lifes but what can i do it's stronger than me:))))

.they are so adorable in the drama and this one of my top dramas so far

so i ship for them a lot...i know nothing will happen eventually

and I'm also more into Frank this days i think also he is gay but it's just assumption 

even tough i like Drake a lot still he is lacking of fan servies maybe this is the reason...

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

I thought this was kinda neat. Someone on Twitter found some of the locations they've used to shoot the series at so far.

Spoiler

So I searched around, found a few more photos of the hotel (MeStyle Place Hotel Bangkok) that they're using for Tee's room, and compared them to the scenes. They changed some furniture, but it's pretty recognizable. 

Bedroom - door side (looks like the room they're using might have a small kitchen as well):

Spoiler

Series:

Ws53PsZ.png

Hotel:

f4QvjZv.jpg

2RrhdZk.jpg

Bedroom - bed side:

Spoiler

Series:

sT8uZOq.jpg

Hotel (with several changes):

208wtsL.jpg

Bathroom:

Spoiler

Series:

AvttYeD.png

Hotel (either of these two):

xce8f5u.jpg

rBe4lLq.jpg

Downstairs elevator / hallway:

Spoiler

Series:

5IuJBdd.jpg

Hotel:

aKywc2u.jpg

pK7WA4d.jpg

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, JAN said:

So i ship for them a lot...i know nothing will happen eventually

and I'm also more into Frank this days i think also he is gay but it's just assumption 

even tough i like Drake a lot still he is lacking of fan servies maybe this is the reason...

Let's make the difference between their role and the real life. They even can not be friend IRL.

Clearly the fan service is more efficient for Frank, he is more present on the events (maybe because he lives in Bangkok) and seems more accessible. (I don't say Drake isn't, but he makes himself more discret).

13 hours ago, gogole mongol said:

I think you are right! It is obvious at the end on ep 5, when Tee can't explain to Mork the reason of the phone call with Bambi and his decision to see her, in place of their rendez-vous. BTW, i also think the ice rather melted between them and this last dissension will be soon an old souvenir. 

Yeah clearly episode 6 will be all lovey dovey (I really hope so :wub: ), so really soon in the beginning of the episode, there will be a happy moment.

The more I think about this scene, in addition of his possessiveness and jalousy, the more I think he tries to protect himself from being hurt and abandonned again. It's the second time in less than a week that he let the possibility at Tee to leave him. :tears: Maybe I'm overinterpret!

• Like 2

Sometimes it gets annoying seeing people being unable to differentiate between fiction and reality... Like those annoying fans that starts scolding or berating the artistes or the real life girlfriend once the girlfriend is revealed... 

I have work and an after work party this saturdayT.T Wanted to be there watching EP6 live though.... :(

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mellialuna said:

Maybe I'm overinterpret!

Not at all! When you have test and taste the danger, you are not the same as before. The doubt can easily enter into you, and you in consequence react in the wrong way, cause your judgement can't be neutral. No instrument can measure the power of love, so how to control it? In this situation (protect your love), be defensive or offensive, you have no time to make a choice, you react in the good or wrong way. BTW, i'm sure our beloved (and expressionless :D) Tee will know how to patch things up!

2 hours ago, alvinyl said:

Sometimes it gets annoying seeing people being unable to differentiate between fiction and reality... Like those annoying fans that starts scolding or berating the artistes or the real life girlfriend once the girlfriend is revealed... 

This is for this reason i quit the Soompi Q/FJY thread!:tears:

2 hours ago, gogole mongol said:

Not at all! When you have test and taste the danger, you are not the same as before. The doubt can easily enter into you, and you in consequence react in the wrong way, cause your judgement can't be neutral. No instrument can measure the power of love, so how to control it? In this situation (protect your love), be defensive or offensive, you have no time to make a choice, you react in the good or wrong way. BTW, i'm sure our beloved (and expressionless :D) Tee will know how to patch things up!

It is so true. Sometimes you can't control how you react, even if it's not the good way (if there is a good way). 

Like you I'm sure our beloved :phew: Tee will succeed to make forget this disagreement, because our lovely :wub: Mork is too much into him! 

4 hours ago, alvinyl said:

I don't understand, I've read some couples finish to end up because of fans.

Come on they are actors, if they are good enough to make us believe in their "story" in a drama, that's great and for me the most important. Their private life is by definition private and personal, they date who they want, I really don't care.

4 hours ago, alvinyl said:

I have work and an after work party this saturdayT.T Wanted to be there watching EP6 live though.... :(

So do I, I won't be able to watch EP6 live and it's torture. My friend told me that it is not even sure there will be wifi where we going :tears:.

• Sad 1

On 8/1/2018 at 1:41 AM, JAN said:

What did you guys think after seeing this video?

aren't F and D awkward together? i was a little surprise that Drake was very shy and Frank is the opposite..

and they don't seems to be close here:( 

All of them are really cute..Frank is one of a good looking guy i've seen..one of the handsome asian actor  with cute personality, he sound a lot like his character Tee, 90% of the time i  watch him more than i watched the others 

I don't think anyone is being awkward here... or shy... this is a group interview; which are always complicated since the people making question don't do it in a very random and unorganized way; and they all seem to enjoy it the best way possible to me. This is not the show... so there is no reason for Drake & Frank to show any sort of romance or closeness if they don't have it for real; or anything like that. This is about their acting, and the show... not about their personal relationship to each other. Just because they are acting together for this Series doesn't mean they have to be any close with each other privately.

I remember how difficult it was for Max Nattapol to become comfortable with KORN outside the show "Bad Romance"... He needed a very long time to actually become close friends with Tul Pakorn; and to embrace KORN as a real part of his personal life... and he has said this several times in interviews; specially during the filming of "Together with me". This was different between New Thitipoom and Tay Tawan since they had a sort of "love at first sight" experience with each other and were very close almost from day one long before they worked together.

I am glad you - and others find Frank "cute"... he can use some fan support. :smirk:

BUT I will always be Drake's fan "número uno" :love:

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 

Episode 5

Highlights on GMMTV - YouTube

Cheers...!!

• Like 1