Quantcast
Mel_Rios

Thai BL Series - "Cause you're my boy" & "Our Skyy - Drake & Frank" - 2018

I wanted to ask. Are Dreke and Frank friends in real life? Another user mentioned that actors cant be friends in real life?

7 hours ago, Aoi Senpai said:

what do you mean not be friends IRL . There are many GMMTV actors who are close friends ? Im just curious, i dont mean to come across rude XD

I didn't say they are no friends IRL, I don't know them, but they are actors, they don't have to be friends, if they are it's good, if not it is good too. :) 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

On 9/2/2018 at 9:15 AM, gogole mongol said:

You are right, dead-drunk guys are able to make non-sense acts, but with my own experience and saw it with others, that even you are dead-drunk, you can have total lucidity for a short moment and well know what you are doing, or have a mix unconscious/conscious! That's why i made my comment in this way. It is not necessary to drink hundred beer bottles to be dead-drunk, all depend if you are used to drink alcohol or not at all. Personally, for now, i began to be drunk with one beer or cider glass. 

I came to this series only recently - have watched it twice. At least they are showing beer bottles. Often enough they are blurred out which is fine but a bit stupid as well because we all know what they are drinking (or smoking, come to that). I think that in this sort of series 'being drunk' is one thing but showing teenagers 'getting really drunk' is another. I think we are left to assume that more was drunk than would appear to be the case.

You are right about having moments of lucidity but drunks can get something into their heads and they have very short attention spans (as soon as they start repeating themselves - they're drunk :) ). I think he tries to undress because he has no idea where he is or who he is with. On top of that the scene (and later reveal) shows that Au has deeper reasons for trying to get between Mork and Tee.

All of that written with total hindsight !

• Like 2

On 9/17/2018 at 9:12 PM, SaQaroz said:

Just finished the episode. I think the sound in the bridge scene was very telling of how the production clearly doesn't give a c r a p about the show anymore. How come the heavy background trafic sound was not removed of turned down?? That's crazy to let a outdoor scene air like this on tv. What happened to this show seriously?

Despite this and the inconsistency in the scenario (when it's not Tee and Mork that don't make sense, it Gord and Morn's turn), I thought the scene with Mork's heartbreaking goodbye to Tee was very moving. Same with the scenes with his father. On the other hand, Frank just can't do emotional scenes, his face gives the impression he doesn't care that much, even when he's crying! 

I'll watch the last episode but I'm not sad to see the series coming to an end. I just regret the huge wasted potential.

That wasn't the only place that the sound recording was rubbish. I have just watched the series again (It's not that bad, and has filled a couple of evenings). What I did remark this time around was Mork's head wound whilst he is in hospital. Talk about a lack of continuity. Very red, not very red, looks as though he is actually still bleeding, back to hardly red at all. At one point I swear that when he was back in the hospital for his operation the head wound re-appeared.

I am not going to go back to check but there was something in my mind that during the bridge scene the people in the background were the same as had been there episodes before ! 

All of that said, I can re-watch this for all its faults. I don't find myself swearing at the screen as often as I did for Sotus S  :)

On 12/23/2018 at 3:03 AM, Mel_Rios said:

Comment on the Aathit & Kongpob Episode

...The problem starts as Kong didn't tell Aathit he is to leave by the end of the month... and even leaves Aathit's condo the next morning to stay in his home with his family to prepare some himself for the trip (WTD...!!??) These steps make Aathit get the feeling Kongpob is leaving him "for good". That sense of being left and without love kills Aathit from the moment he hear the news in the party with their friends altogether celebrating. The rest is an inevitable inner battle of emotions... that this episode does not solve at all, as it leaves completely out the time the boys do live separated from each other. The positive part by the end of the Episode will be Aathit accepting their new reality, and trying to do the best out of it as long as he can....

Cheers...!!

I've only watched Sun and In (avoiding the singing the second time around - it was meaningful but musically painful !).

My thoughts on Sotus S are well recorded and I have avoided watching this episode. Your paragraph above explains why. After, now six years, we are still getting "didn't tell...". 

I have seen some people complaining about the Sun/In story because it didn't seem real that In had been off with girls for a while. I didn't see it that way, there was always that underlying agreement of "cross that bridge when we come to it". There is even a sense of complicity as it would appear that Sun has helped his friend find his dates. Ultimately In realises to whom his heart belongs and sets out to win him again.

Kongpob and Arthit however seem to revolve around their refusal to talk to each other (and from memory it tends to be Kongpob dropping the bombshells on Arthit). Even the fact that it is still Arthit's Condo as opposed to theirs. 

Haven't even seen the episode and am already getting wound up. Going to avoid it like the plaque. Sorry and all that to everybody who thought it was good. My Flat-Screen took enough abuse during Sotus S. It has never really forgiven me despite the number of flowers I have put alongside it :)

• Like 1

It is been a while since I updated this Thread, but that is because of the Series was completed.

In the mean time Drake has worked in a short film that maybe you guys don't know yet:

It is a short Film of 8:46 minutes title ทำตัวไม่ถูก  (Bad behavior)

This short was released last 24 June 2019 and it has over 380.000 views on YouTube.

Is about the friendship and its hardships in a threesome way: 2 guys and a girl

Drake plays the balancing element in this trio, both in a fanny and calm way.

Enjoy it here:

The next Upcoming Series with Drake and Frank acting together is BLACKLIST, due to start on 12 October 2019

Finally, the latest posting of Drake on his IG

These pictures were taken during the KAZZ SPORT Day 2019

IMG_3302.jpg

Cheers...!!

45 minutes ago, Mel_Rios said:

It is been a while since I updated this Thread, but that is because of the Series was completed.

This thread was like a barometer for us, seeing your "cheers" or not. I remember to ask another Soompi addict what about your long absence. She told me: "be quiet, we will see again Mel-Rios when there is something new with Drake!" I must admit she was right! And your come back allow us to know this short film and other activities! Today, barometer needle turn on set fair!

• LOL 2

3 hours ago, gogole mongol said:

This thread was like a barometer for us, seeing your "cheers" or not. I remember to ask another Soompi addict what about your long absence. She told me: "be quiet, we will see again Mel-Rios when there is something new with Drake!" I must admit she was right! And your come back allow us to know this short film and other activities! Today, barometer needle turn on set fair!

Funny idea. Actually; I mainly came back because of "3 Will Be Free" (Or I should say: because of Tay Tawan as Shin in that Series).

But since I am back, I will update on all the others threads I worked with before, and that I care about (specially Drake).

I may open a thread just for him.... "All About Drake Laedeke" would be a good title for it...

:joy:

Cheers...!

• Love 1

On 3/31/2019 at 12:20 AM, Aoi Senpai said:

I wanted to ask. Are Dreke and Frank friends in real life? Another user mentioned that actors cant be friends in real life?

I am a bit late answering this question:

As far as we know here, NO, Frank and Drake are not friends in real life. But they both are member of the rocky actors new generation of GMMTV and will work in some Series together for sure. The next one is "BLACKLIST", coming out in October 2019.

Of course actors can be friends in real life. The best example are Tay Tawan and New Thitipoom (Pete & Kao, from KISS The Series). They are not just best friends, and also คู่จริง khuu jing (and actors couple), but also businesses partners. I wouldn't be surprise if one day they come out as a real gay couple. So close they are. Also Max and Tul (Korn and Knock) have become very close since "Bad Romance The Series" and spend a lot of time together, even on holidays and birthdays. So... there are many examples of actors being good friends.

Cheers...!!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mel_Rios said:

The best example are Tay Tawan and New Thitipoom (Pete & Kao, from KISS The Series). They are not just best friends, and also คู่จริง khuu jing (and actors couple), but also businesses partners.

For now, we can wait for their honey moon schedule! I wish them the best if it is the case! Another exemple (which have a (inactive) thread somewhere into Soompi) is QuingYu (Wang Quing & Feng JianYu) who act for years like a real gay couple. So for x reasons, we discover little by little and gradually they have a separate way (one have a girl friend, other probably a new boyfriend). Only money was the link between them into their "love affair". It was well made, that show they really are both great actors!!! Both were smart too into management, isn't it?! For sure, at start, it was a real friendship, because they know each other long time before Counter Attack series!

As in every human relation, have friends made the difference between us and animals, whatever sometimes we can see more friendship between animals than human!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, gogole mongol said:

Another example is QuingYu (Wang Quing & Feng JianYu) who act for years like a real gay couple.

Yes... There are many คู่จริง khuu jing (and actors couple) around Asia... and not only for BL. Mario Maurer and Gubgib Sumontip were also "together" for about 9 years...! After their "break up" she married Thai actor Bie Thassapak Hsu practically right away.

The best about Tay & New is that they have always say to be best friends, and nothing more. Posing as Pete & Kao as คู่จริง khuu jing has always been separated from their personal life. The same goes for Max & Tul...

I hope Drake find someday his own คู่จริง khuu jing partner (we could even call it: "Parabatai", in 'Shadowhunters spirit)... BUT that is a personal choice for him to make. Maybe he prefers to be by himself.

Cheers...!

• Insightful 1

FRANK's 19 Birthday Party

15 September 2019

Our baby Drake played the guitar for the "Happy Birthday" cheering...!!

:love:    :kiss_wink:   :blush:

EEjD8isUUAAxR-2.jpg

EEjD9ZWU4AAqBXQ.jpg

EEjD-QeU8AAH7uU.jpg

EEjD_LfUUAELzj8.jpg

EEkOqXhUEAA_JHt.jpg

Drake's 19. Birthday is coming up soon... on Tuesday, 1. October 2019...!!

Cheers...!!

4 minutes ago, Mel_Rios said:

Our baby Drake played the guitar for the "Happy Birthday" cheering...!!

:love:    :kiss_wink:   :blush:

It seems you show a little bit more liking for Frank! Don't change, you are on the right track! :thumbsup:

• LOL 1

I just found out by accident that:

Phuwin (Morn)

EEvwotWUEAMqzlC.jpg

and

Khaotung (Au)

D-inTQJU4AAzanP.jpg

EDnvzQ-UEAE3s2X.jpg

are working in a Lakorn for GMM25 as part of the main cast:

Title: แม่มดเจ้าเสน่ห์  - Mae Mod Jao Sanae - The charming Witch

Started last 4 September 2019

Shows every Wednesday and Thursday on GMM25 Thailand

Cheers...!

6 hours ago, Mel_Rios said:

I just found out by accident that:

Really "by accident"? BTW, nice to see those faces!