Quantcast
Mel_Rios

Thai BL Series - "Cause you're my boy" & "Our Skyy - Drake & Frank" - 2018

25 minutes ago, Kim Soo-Lee said:

"Love 8009"....i haven't watched that in a long time. I'll need to rewatch it and go down memory lane sometime. :D

"Love 8009" is actually my very first long Thai Gay Themed Lakorn... and since the story was very long they could show a lot of all the development... it was awesome for me to watch it... with all the drama, and all the love it has...

IF anyone is wondering because doesn't know this Lakorn yet... here the data to the BL cuts:

https://app.box.com/s/zcxciyngqbuflqnde3dm

You may need to use VLC to match the videos with the subtitles.

Cheers...!!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mel_Rios said:

"Love 8009" is actually my very first long Thai Gay Themed Lakorn... and since the story was very long they could show a lot of all the development... it was awesome for me to watch it... with all the drama, and all the love it has...

IF anyone is wondering because doesn't know this Lakorn yet... here the data to the BL cuts:

https://app.box.com/s/zcxciyngqbuflqnde3dm

You may need to use VLC to match the videos with the subtitles.

Cheers...!!

I love that, and also "Tomorrow I'll Still Love You" with the Pe and Kong storyline. Now that is going down memory lane.

• Like 1

On 9/28/2018 at 4:57 AM, Kim Soo-Lee said:

I love that, and also "Tomorrow I'll Still Love You" with the Pe and Kong storyline. Now that is going down memory lane.

Oh... Yes.... The Thai free Version of "Romeo & Julia"... with a Romeo & Julio story-line (that would be Pe & Kong).

I have been following Thai actor Oh Anuchit Sapunpohng (Pe) since the movie "โหมโรง - Hom Rong = The Overture" from 2004...

But even more after his characterization of Pe in "Tomorrow I'll Still Love You" together with Fluke Pachara (such a great singer)...

But I always like more the cover by Oh Anuchit of the OST for that Series.

There is a playlist for the BL cuts of this Lakorn in YouTube, but many parts have been blocked by GMM Grammy Public Company TV(Thailand)...

Here... one of the parts that can be still seen and resumes the entire conflict:

Now... that were all amazing actors...!!!

Cheers...!!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Mel_Rios said:

Oh... Yes.... I have been following Thai actor Oh Anuchit Sapunpohng (Pee in 2009 Lakorn "Tomorrow I'll Still Love You") since the movie "โหมโรง - Hom Rong = The Overture" from 2004...

Same here. I recently rewatched a movie he was in called "Malila:The Farewell Flower" that i originally saw at the Busan Film Festival last year. I think it was the one and only film he ever took his clothes off. Very tastefully done i have to say, but it had a sad ending. I'm not big on sad ending films. 

6 minutes ago, Kim Soo-Lee said:

Same here. I recently rewatched a movie he was in called "Malila:The Farewell Flower" that i originally saw at the Busan Film Festival last year. I think it was the one and only film he ever took his clothes off. Very tastefully done i have to say, but it had a sad ending. I'm not big on sad ending films. 

He was dam sexy and erotic in that movie...!! OMG...!!

But yes... Cancer is always a difficult issue in any love story... it always has a sense of inevitability...

I love the idea of enjoying the time left the best way possible... it was a gay kind of version of "Sweet November" (2001) with amazing actors Keanu Reeves & Charlize Theron... That movie made change completely my idea of life, and the sense of it... and Malila has proven me to be right.. following a path of inner balance and sharing happiness and care to all the people around me in any way possible. We have "Only Time"... for sure...

Cheers...!!

• Like 1

Look what I finally got today by mail...!!

:love:    :kiss_wink:    :mrgreen:

42749162_546959762465451_478517643775574

42816419_546959752465452_607080989348331

My soon-to-be bedroom poster 

42773394_546959742465453_127824826375707

Cheers...!!

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Mel_Rios said:

Look what I finally got today by mail...!!

:love:    :kiss_wink:    :mrgreen:

42749162_546959762465451_478517643775574

42816419_546959752465452_607080989348331

My soon-to-be bedroom poster 

42773394_546959742465453_127824826375707

Cheers...!!

Nice one and i'm glad you covered your address up. You can never be to careful these days.

• Like 1

NOTICE

I changed today - 29 September 2018 - the title of this thread into:

Thai BL Series - "Cause you're my boy" & "Our Skyy - Drake & Frank" - 2018

I asked already the admins of the directory to modify the thread title for everyone to know.

I think, since "Our Skyy" is going to have 5 different stories, one for each BL couple,

and the Drake & Frank story is going to be a sort of sequel of

"Cause You're My Boy"

We can keep from now on talking about it here as well.

I will then update from here on: Page 125

All what is relevant for "Our Skyy - Drake & Frank".

Cheers...!!

Mel Rios - Thread Admin

• Like 2

"Our Skyy - Drake & Frank"

Episode title: ตี๋หมอก = Tee & Mork

Director Aof Noppharnach - @backaof

Showing on Friday, 7 December 2018

The Entire Series

Starting on Friday, 23 November 2018

Showing every Friday at 8 PM on LINE TV Thailand

ติดตาม Our Skyy

ทุกวันศุกร์ เวลา 20.00 น. บน LINE TV เท่านั้น

เริ่ม 23 พฤศจิกายน นี้

Press Conference Posters & Pictures

Drake Laedeke

Dniq1O2UYAEHdd2.jpg

Frank Thanatsaran

Dniq1O2U8AMNe3N.jpg

5 Couples;  5 Stories; 5 Episodes

DoAuWluUYAIE9ME.jpg

DoAV_-rX0AAtTIO.jpg:large

DoA0ChgVAAEPzMF.jpg&key=6e3d27b0b24b132c

DoAmUyWX0AA9p1O.jpg&key=552968e81e82521c

DoAnJQfX0AMJ81X.jpg

DoC4tD3VsAAYSjE.jpg

DoGIiwtV4AEvnDb.jpg

Video of the Press Conference Presentation Opening Song

Drake Laedeke's last words on this Up-Coming Episode

Series Original TEASER

(Released - 26 September 2018)

The POSTERS

Pick & Rome

Friday, 23 November 2018

DsBcWSWU8AEdCKN.jpg

In & Sun

Friday, 30 November 2018

Dr4ZAm0U8AI06Ur.jpg

Mork & Tee

Friday, 7 December 2018

Dr9iST9U0AEJv7M.jpg

Pete & Kao

Friday, 14 December 2018

DsCspI1UUAEvqoV.jpg

Aathit & Kongpop

Friday, 21 December 2018

DsGkIw-VsAAjQhQ.jpg

* * * Cheers * * *

"Our Skyy"

The Entire Series

Starting on Friday, 23 November 2018

Showing every Friday at 8 PM on LINE TV Thailand

ติดตาม Our Skyy

ทุกวันศุกร์ เวลา 20.00 น. บน LINE TV เท่านั้น

เริ่ม 23 พฤศจิกายน นี้

Episode 1 - ปิ๊กโรม Gun & Off - 23 November 2018

EngSub Trailer

UnSub Original Episode

FanMade Eng Sub Version 

Episode 2  - อินซัน In & Sun - 30 November 2018

EngSub Trailer

UnSub Original Episode

Part 1

Part 2

FanMade EngSub Version

Episode 3 - ตี๋หมอก Tee & Mork - 7 December 2018

EngSub Trailer

UnSub Original Episode

FanMade EngSub Version

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

Episode 4 - พีทเก้า Pete & Kao - 14 December 2018

EngSub Trailer

UnSub Original Episode

FanMade EngSub Version

Episode 5 - อาทิตย์ก้องภพ - Aathit & Kongpop

21 December 2018

UnSub Original Episode

FanMade EngSub Version

* * * * Season's Finale was Friday, 21 December 2019 * * *

Cheers...!!

Edited by Mel_Rios
Updates
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, doumeki said:

Woaaaa I didn't know it was a new serie! amazing!

Yes... the concept is a mini Series and is going to have just 5 episodes, one for each couple; but there most be some sort of connection between all the stories (not only because they are BL). The director have been searching for locations for the Drake & Frank story this last days.

Cheers...!!

• Like 2

On 9/27/2018 at 5:50 AM, slaedeke said:

for Mork's disease do some research on the frequent nosebleeds. Also, as you can tell by the seriousness between Tee and his dad it is a pretty serious disease that can be terminal. 

noo... what i mean in that post it's not that... i just stating my dissapointment toward the series in that post, not asking someone to answer what illness was mork suffering :D 

i just feel dissapointed because they left us with so many many questions unanswered until the end of the series and just made us assuming the answer for all of the questions, i really hate it! so what is the point they give us hint and clue, but at the end they just made us assuming the answer... 

• LOL 1

On 9/27/2018 at 6:42 AM, Mel_Rios said:

Even IF we don't get to know exactly which illness Mork has, important is that we know:

(1) He got it from his mum;

(2) It is a dangerous kind of disease;

(3) Is finally been treated - Specially this last part conforms me a lot; as we know Mork's mum die also because Muad couldn't afford the medical expenses, something I find a violation of Human Rights... not having a public medical system able to protect all its citizens... Unfortunately this still happens in many countries... even the USA.

That "party" was another 3:30 minutes long Lagnese ice cream commercial... :rage:  The most terrible way to end a Seasons Finale.

Cheers...!!

yes the part that i hate for sure in this series is  we don't get to know exactly about so many many things that what we could just do is only ASSUMING almost everything... i understand that maybe they were planning to make so many thing unanswered because they gonna answer it in the sequel of the series, but i think it is too risky as if they got a bad tv share and rating, it will never been to be made onto sequel and that will be really really terrible!

• Like 1

On 9/27/2018 at 11:43 PM, midnightbottle said:

Too bad it's only 1 episode. I hope the length of the episode will be of movie length (ie. 60-90 mins).

yes... i even think it is too short to develop the conflict of the story if it just has a 45 minutes single episode... what i thought about this project is it just a market test to determine what project they should do for the next year BL series, maybe gmmtv had a plan to make one of the series in this project a sequel, but they choose what series that will be made based on the tv rating and shares from this project. The series that has the highest tv rating and shares will be chosen as their next project 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Siska Kristina said:

yes... i even think it is too short to develop the conflict of the story if it just has a 45 minutes single episode... what i thought about this project is it just a market test to determine what project they should do for the next year BL series, maybe gmmtv had a plan to make one of the series in this project a sequel, but they choose what series that will be made based on the tv rating and shares from this project. The series that has the highest tv rating and shares will be chosen as their next project 

At the bold part, if that is the case, there is no competition, Singto x Krist episode will sure get the highest ratings due to the immense popularity of Kongpob x Arthit. But anyway, I am pretty sure SOTUS will get a third season regardless. The couple is GMMTV's cash cow, I would be surprised if it does not get a third season.

As for Cause You're My Boy, at this point, it's kinda hard to say if there will be a next installment to the series as the situation is kinda tricky. If they want to stick to the novel, then I can't see the next installment being done in next year due to the sequel/prequel of the novels have yet to start/in the process of writing. But I wouldn't mind if GMMTV just use the premise of the storyline and develop their own since the pairing is rather popular.

On a side note, it does seem Drake x Frank's pairing's popularity seems pale in comparison to Singto x Krist, Tay x New and Off x Gun pairings though those 3 couples have 2 series to boost their popularity. And all the other actors are physically in the same city, which makes it hard for Drake x Frank to continue their pairing presence as they cannot meet up with each other off work as frequent as the other pairs. And I also seem to notice that Cause You're My Boy series' popularity did dip because of the latter part of the series and this is based off my observations on the youtube comments where a number of the viewers blamed the shoddy post-production and confusing/messy storyline have ruined the experience for them.

I am not so confident that Cause You're My Boy will get a renewal next year, but I am sure Frank and Drake will definitely get more projects going forward (separately I am afraid) due to the new found popularity of both actors and the push from GMMTV to put them on "Our Skyy" project.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, midnightbottle said:

At the bold part, if that is the case, there is no competition, Singto x Krist episode will sure get the highest ratings due to the immense popularity of Kongpob x Arthit. But anyway, I am pretty sure SOTUS will get a third season regardless. The couple is GMMTV's cash cow, I would be surprised if it does not get a third season.

As for Cause You're My Boy, at this point, it's kinda hard to say if there will be a next installment to the series as the situation is kinda tricky. If they want to stick to the novel, then I can't see the next installment being done in next year due to the sequel/prequel of the novels have yet to start/in the process of writing. But I wouldn't mind if GMMTV just use the premise of the storyline and develop their own since the pairing is rather popular.

On a side note, it does seem Drake x Frank's pairing's popularity seems pale in comparison to Singto x Krist, Tay x New and Off x Gun pairings though those 3 couples have 2 series to boost their popularity. And all the other actors are physically in the same city, which makes it hard for Drake x Frank to continue their pairing presence as they cannot meet up with each other off work as frequent as the other pairs. And I also seem to notice that Cause You're My Boy series' popularity did dip because of the latter part of the series and this is based off my observations on the youtube comments where a number of the viewers blamed the shoddy post-production and confusing/messy storyline have ruined the experience for them.

I am not so confident that Cause You're My Boy will get a renewal next year, but I am sure Frank and Drake will definitely get more projects going forward (separately I am afraid) due to the new found popularity of both actors and the push from GMMTV to put them on "Our Skyy" project.

before i continue, please take note that what i post earlier before and this one is totally my random thought, not a news / fact :D

from what i saw from the youtube comment, the tv ratings and shares performa of sotus s was not as good as their prequel, so do with puppy honey 2 (but i don't know the tv ratings about kiss me again and cause your'e my boy, any info?).. about the couple popularity i just saw drake and frank just begin to give fans service, tonight frank give a birthday surprise to drake (please check on frank ig story), so we still have a small hope, i wish they will continue this to develop their couple fansclub so later we could compare them apple to apple :D

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Siska Kristina said:

before i continue, please take note that what i post earlier before and this one is totally my random thought, not a news / fact :D

from what i saw from the youtube comment, the tv ratings and shares performa of sotus s was not as good as their prequel, so do with puppy honey 2 (but i don't know the tv ratings about kiss me again and cause your'e my boy, any info?).. about the couple popularity i just saw drake and frank just begin to give fans service, tonight frank give a birthday surprise to drake (please check on frank ig story), so we still have a small hope, i wish they will continue this to develop their couple fansclub so later we could compare them apple to apple :D

I do not have the information on the TV ratngs. I am basing off the social/news media and from the press conference. I do understand that it's not fair to do a comparison because Drake x Frank are still a new pairing and understand the circumstance/restrictions may not be in favour of them.

But I am surprised that SOTUS S underperformed in Thailand but from what I presumed, on an international basis, it paints the impression it is doing better given the number of fan events they have in Asia.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Siska Kristina said:

yes the part that i hate for sure in this series is  we don't get to know exactly about so many many things that what we could just do is only ASSUMING almost everything... i understand that maybe they were planning to make so many thing unanswered because they gonna answer it in the sequel of the series, but i think it is too risky as if they got a bad tv share and rating, it will never been to be made onto sequel and that will be really really terrible!

Yes... actually they could have just said what illness Mork had in one word... but this Series really is based on the many issues that remain "open to interpretation"... The author started already working on both: a prequel (as the boys meet back in Junior Highschool) and a sequel... so even if that is done it may be ready for 2020... I guess.

6 hours ago, Siska Kristina said:

4 hours ago, midnightbottle said:

I agree 100% with midnightbottle in this point: Despite the poor BL experience with Sotus the popularity of Singto & Krist is huge...!! That can NOT be the criteria while choosing one of the projects to move on. Also the point that they are "the oldest" actors BL couple still on-going is on their side, and let's not forget that Singto also did another gay role that was pretty popular too in "U-Prince". That, and the tons of fan meetings and tv extra shows have made them the best know Thai BL actors couple of all times. I bet almost nobody remembers White & Captain from "Love Sick The Series" (by the way: Season 3 coming up 2019 on MCOT - Hope the don't make the same mistake as they did with "Love By Chance").

If I am honest... I think Drake should move on into other projects and leave Frank behind. I am also glad that he does not lives in Bangkok to be devoured by the fandom all over the city, anywhere he goes. Being able to "escape" from the nightmare of the Capital most be a blessing for him. And considering he is a new popular actor I hope the airlines give him some special treatment, as he does need to travel permanently between the 2 cities. Luckily there are plenty of connections daily and the flights take about one hour. Is like a taxi ride over the clouds.

I discover not long ago 2 interesting criteria for evaluating a BL Series: Rewatch Value & Drooped

That is: Because a Series was good rewatching it over and over makes it even more popular and better evaluated.

Or... because is so bad... just stopped watching it.

In MyDramaList right now is like this:

- Cause You're My Boy > From the 12 representative evaluations.

Rating: 7.6 out of 10

Rewatch value: 4,2 out of 10

Drooped: 3,7 %

Sotus S

Rating: 8.8 out of 10

Rewatch value: 8,2 out of 10

Drooped: 1,2 (I was one of them - LOL)

General of the others

My dear loser: age of 17 - Rating: 8.2 (and that without one single BL kiss on screen...!!)

Kiss me again - Rating: 8

Secret Love:  Puppy Honey - Rating: 8

Our Skyy is definetyl going to be crucial for Drake & Frank future; but I am confident that writer and director Aof Noppharnach is going to make the best he can out of the two boys. I hope Frank is up for this... otherwise it won't work out. He can keep thinking that looking cute is enough. We are going to need to see him 100% focus on the character he gets this time. Like Maria Callas used to say:

"People don't come to see us try; they come to see us BE".

For Drake this seems to come out practically natural... and what we see is truly Mork, or Pob... He is able to become the character.

Cheers...!!

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Siska Kristina said:

They have a job coming up with the same characters and the story in "OUR SKYY";  so they need to keep up promoting themselves as Mork & Tee. I am sure they will keep doing this as it should also be helpful filming the next episode for sure. The more confident and comfortable they are with each other, the better it will be for their acting.

4 minutes ago, midnightbottle said:

I do not have the information on the TV ratngs. I am basing off the social/news media and from the press conference. I do understand that it's not fair to do a comparison because Drake x Frank are still a new pairing and understand the circumstance/restrictions may not be in favour of them.

But I am surprised that SOTUS S underperformed in Thailand but from what I presumed, on an international basis, it paints the impression it is doing better given the number of fan events they have in Asia.

There is a huge difference between how the Series perform in general (domestic or abroad) and the actors popularity.

Sotus S was a disaster inside Thailand as a Series and that can be seen specially in the awards it won: only one... but for both Singto and Krist so many... including "best kiss scene" (how was that possible!! - course, there are reasons for it).

Internationally so different... the dvd box sales over the roof...!! Can you believe it...!!??

But they are touring all of Asia... and being close to their fans has always been their success key. Lats summer alone:

Hong Kong; Singapore, Korea... The Fan Meeting preparations for Krist upcoming 21 Birthday in October are insane...!!

Their popularity now has much more to do with their fan work, and not with the Series itself.

For Thailand there was the "Nielsen Television Audience Measurement" before to monitor the weekly TV Ratings, but there are no data since the end of 2017 anymore... I not sure what happened to that system. So... right now I would know where to look for such informations.

Cheers...!!

• Like 1