Quantcast
Mel_Rios

Thai BL Series - "Cause you're my boy" & "Our Skyy - Drake & Frank" - 2018

42518879_10156449338646224_1560004023954

From GMMTV facebook page. Very excited to know what exactly the announcement is.

Rumour has it it will be a 5 episode series each focusing a continuity of the respective BL storyline inspired by the theme "sky".

Not sure if it's true.

I actually watched the full 'live' press conference without knowing a single Thai.

Only to know there will be a fan party with Drake X Frank X Phuwin X Neo attending with the rest of the BL couples.

I can't confirm if it's going to be a 5-episode series with each episode dedicating to each BL couple.

But then what are they going to achieve in 1 single episode as I fear the time shortage may result in further questions.

And it does seem that Tee X Mork & Inn X Sun share the same director?

I was hoping we will get a "To be Continued..." or "Club Friday" style series, with each storyline having at least 4 episodes.

That will give more time to expand the storyline properly.

42516576_10156449519001224_8332136490091

Really like the poster. Hope they will release more photos from the photoshoot. They look really cute together.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, midnightbottle said:

I can't confirm if it's going to be a 5-episode series with each episode dedicating to each BL couple.

But then what are they going to achieve in 1 single episode as I fear the time shortage may result in further questions.

The teaser and poster mention 5 stories, 5 couples, 5 episodes. I don't know how long the episodes will be, but I think they should be able to give them some meaningful content, provided they don't include 10-minute ice cream ads. :rolleyes:

• LOL 2

26 minutes ago, pleck said:

The teaser and poster mention 5 stories, 5 couples, 5 episodes. I don't know how long the episodes will be, but I think they should be able to give them some meaningful content, provided they don't include 10-minute ice cream ads:rolleyes:

LOL! I am sure the product placement will be shoved right into our face one way or another. I don't mind if that's what they did, a mini scene at the end of each episode.

I am seriously intrigued. I heard that they did talk about what is the storyline for each couple about in new series.

Spoiler

Quote from "Cause You're My Boy International" FB fan page:

This 23 November, GMMTV will air a new series Our Skyy featuring these 5 couples. But l am not sure if their stories will be told separately or simultaneously.

1) TeeMork arc will have a new director. (I'm sure many are relieved at this news) TeeMork continue their relationship in university.

2) InSun will be Age of 19 then. And there will be a third wheel.

3) PeteKao will break up in the beginning (I hope I'm mistaken)

4) I can't hear what PickRome was talking about but l think they will have a role reversal. That is Rome will be the boss in the relationship.

5) Kongpob will further his studies overseas. They will have long distance relationship.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Super happy that they will get a new director!!! So hopefully the post production and direction will be good. And since it is about their continuation in university, so does that mean Tee did not go to overseas to study? And it's great that it's like a prelude to the novel sequel. Can't wait!!

Out of the 5 couples, I am more interested to know about Mork x Tee and Inn x Sun (as I have a thing for Pluem).

And too bad, they chose Pete x Kao (from Kiss the Series), where I feel Wai x Apo (from Waterboyy the Series) requires a continuation more because I stan Earth!!

15 minutes ago, midnightbottle said:

I heard that they did talk about what is the storyline for each couple about in new series.

Hmm interesting. Hopefully someone will find and post all the details. I only had time to watch part of the live stream on LINE TV, and only heard them announce the fan event and listened to some of the singing. :D

15 minutes ago, midnightbottle said:

Reveal hidden contents

Kongpob x Arthit will be about Kongpob going to study overseas. (which is a little ironic where Mork x Tee experienced this)

Pick x Rome will be about switching of souls.

Spoiler

LOL, I agree. I would've expected Mork and Tee to get an episode where they study overseas, since that's where season 1 ended, and Tee surprising Mork with an extra ticket at the airport would fit with the sky theme.

12 minutes ago, pleck said:

Hmm interesting. Hopefully someone will find and post all the details. I only had time to watch part of the live stream on LINE TV, and only heard them announce the fan event and listened to some of the singing. :D

Quoting from "Cause You're My Boy International" FB fan page, this following spoiler will describe the storylines for each couple:

Spoiler

This 23 November, GMMTV will air a new series Our Skyy featuring these 5 couples. But l am not sure if their stories will be told separately or simultaneously.

1) TeeMork arc will have a new director. (I'm sure many are relieved at this news) TeeMork continue their relationship in university.

4) I can't hear what PickRome was talking about but l think they will have a role reversal. That is Rome will be the boss in the relationship.

5) Kongpob will further his studies overseas. They will have long distance relationship.

And also, promotional poster for the "Y I Love You Fan Party 2019".42583643_10217992644910618_4986958407958

• Thanks 1

Great...!! I see you guys are prety well updated about what is coming up with Drake & Frank.

DoAV_-rX0AAtTIO.jpg

DoA0ChgVAAEPzMF.jpg

DoAmUyWX0AA9p1O.jpg

This Our Skyy is really going to be a mini series with like Special Episodes, one for each couple; 5 episodes in total.

Videos for the "I Love You Party" announcement made today:

Cheers...!!

• Like 1

The beginning of the group song...!!

Hope we can find the entire show in a video later on.

Cheers...!

• Like 1

I just got the news:

Writer & director Aof Noppharnach - @backaof

(known for Gay Ok Bangkok, The Extra, My dear Loser )

is taking over the story of Drake & Frank for "Our Skyy"...!!!

O M G...!!

This is great...!!

Aof Noppharnach is really able to squeeze emotions out of all his actors and create amazing moments. Even if it is just one episode, it most be memorable; so I am looking forward to watch what he does with our 2 sweet kids there...!!

I hope Drake & Frank are over the moon knowing this...!

(more like Frank is terrified, and Drake is excited about it!

:joy: :smirk: :love:

DoCYIJNUUAAAhOn.jpg:large

DoCLTd0VsAAi86N.jpg

DoBB7GWU0AADZxz.jpg

DoAymJSV4AYqeCK.jpg

DoBEcjHUYAU9aZC.jpg

They wear different clothes for the 2 different events today:

Casual sports for "Our Skyy" press presentation

&

Hawaii shirts for the "I Love You Fan Party 2019" announcement

Cheers...!!

Edited by Mel_Rios
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, midnightbottle said:

TeeMork arc will have a new director. (I'm sure many are relieved at this news)

Hallelujah :phew:

7 hours ago, midnightbottle said:

I am more interested to know about Mork x Tee and Inn x Sun (as I have a thing for Pluem)

From the five couples, I ship Sun Inn mak ma (I hope they are not gonna disappointed me, I mean producers, writers ...). I finally was so disappointed by Sotus S the Series, they were doing it for the fans who ask for it but with no real story and new characters they didn't develop, what was the point... So I'm crossing my fingers ...

I finish to watch Ai Tee khom phom (I'm not sure here) but I'm so disappointed that I don't have much to say.

After a very good beginning, the serie sink deeply and finally mean nothing. All the promisses of hints and theirs future explanations, nothing, there is so many plots, and they put some more in the finale.

Really I don't know what to say!

• Like 1

On 9/25/2018 at 7:39 PM, pleck said:

I'm also very curious about tomorrow's announcement. It's nice to see Drake already involved in something new, and I can't wait to find out what he's up to next. Drake's acting is one of the main reasons why I enjoyed this show so much, and I hope to see him appear in many more series and movies. I will definitely continue to follow his career. Thank you @slaedeke for all your inside info! I hope you'll keep us updated on Drake's future projects as well.

:heart:

I will keep you updated as much as I can. Unfortunately, I am not allowed to say anything about upcoming projects until they are officially announced. I do understand why they have this policy though because Drake has been cast in a few projects that have been postponed/changed and or canceled. I can say there are already more projects in the works for Drake.

• Like 5

On 9/26/2018 at 3:34 AM, Siska Kristina said:

anybody please translate this...

by the way after watching the last episode, altough it came into a happy ending but honestly i disappointed with the whole episose 12..

first, there was a lot of sound mulfunction (or it is just me?) : at the opening song, gold ring scene, and bed scene

then it is unclear about mork's disease. they just say it is a serious disease and mork just temporarily recovered because it could coming back again... but what disease was it? or they really intended to hide that and left us with so many question unanswered?

and the last party scene, how could we say that's a party if it just a few people that attended and it is too quiet for a party? it seems they ran out of the budget to shoot the last episode

for Mork's disease do some research on the frequent nosebleeds. Also, as you can tell by the seriousness between Tee and his dad it is a pretty serious disease that can be terminal. 

• Thanks 1

On 9/25/2018 at 10:34 PM, Siska Kristina said:

then it is unclear about mork's disease. they just say it is a serious disease and mork just temporarily recovered because it could coming back again... but what disease was it? or they really intended to hide that and left us with so many question unanswered?

and the last party scene, how could we say that's a party if it just a few people that attended and it is too quiet for a party? it seems they ran out of the budget to shoot the last episode

Even IF we don't get to know exactly which illness Mork has, important is that we know:

(1) He got it from his mum;

(2) It is a dangerous kind of disease;

(3) Is finally been treated - Specially this last part conforms me a lot; as we know Mork's mum die also because Muad couldn't afford the medical expenses, something I find a violation of Human Rights... not having a public medical system able to protect all its citizens... Unfortunately this still happens in many countries... even the USA.

That "party" was another 3:30 minutes long Lagnese ice cream commercial... :rage:  The most terrible way to end a Seasons Finale.

Cheers...!!

On 9/26/2018 at 12:54 PM, midnightbottle said:

Quoting from "Cause You're My Boy International" FB fan page, this following spoiler will describe the storylines for each couple:

Hide contents

If the stories really are to follow this patterns then we can run :flushed:

Mork & Tee moving into university doesn't seem bad... I just hope the university life plays no role at all :innocent:

On 9/26/2018 at 8:29 PM, mellialuna said:

Hallelujah :phew:

From the five couples, I ship Sun Inn mak ma (I hope they are not gonna disappointed me, I mean producers, writers ...). I finally was so disappointed by Sotus S the Series, they were doing it for the fans who ask for it but with no real story and new characters they didn't develop, what was the point... So I'm crossing my fingers ...

Oh... Me too... I loved "My Dear Loser: Age of 17"... they had a real good story-line from the beginning until the end; there were no mistakes, no left-overs... everything was perfect for my personal ideal of coming of age BL Series. Even the annoying commercial extra scenes were so important for the main story-line...!! Specially the one on Valentine's Day... that dialogue between Nam & In is something I will never forget in my entire life...!! I have to say, without Nam that story wouldn't have worked so good as it did. She played such a great part in the love story that I can NOT think it without her. Is like Yihwa for Korn & Knock since "Bad Romance". The best girl-friend ever...!! I hope she is also in this special episode with them.

Sotus S... really... What was that...??? The worst Thai BL Series I have ever seen (and will probably see) in my life.

That was for me: Good actors vs terrible story.

Puppy Honey: Nothing to do with me... That was so bad written and so boring to me... I can't like any of the actors either. Sorry:

Uff... next, please.

Kiss Me Again: So much better...! I have to say New and Tay have an amazing chemistry... even if the story was repetitive with so many fights for no reasons at all, the development of their story was well written and even connecting perfectly with the main story from KISS, as this was the prequel for them... Breaking up for the special mini series seems to go well with them, since Kao has always been so afraid of Pete leaving him... jealousy at its best.

Cheers...!!

Cause You're My Boy

Season Finale

It seems most of you are disappointed with the last episode.

I personally liked it much more than I was expecting... :love: :kiss_wink: :mrgreen:

probably because I knew the hospital issue would take long... but the way the "hospital holiday" was use actually surprised me in a positive way. The fact Tee used this chance to address Mork's nose bleeding issue is one of then; even if we didn't get deeper details as for what kind of illness (etc) the good news is that they finally got a way to treat him. Also Ton helping Mork keep up with school and home works was kind of building a bridge for a sequel story-line...  And even that Mei apologized to Mork and gave him a family golden ring as peace offering - even if that scene was pretty rushed off - was well combined with the accident. Realizing how short life can be, and how unhappy they boys were. She listened before to Mork talking to Tee over the door... so the accident was truly the final sign for her to give up and let her son Tee be happy the way he wanted to be: Together with Mork.

And of course... my very special moment: Mork with Au... :love: :kiss_wink: :innocent:

It is amazing how close 2 boys can be... having such deep feelings for each other in different ways, and yet being able to keep their friendship. Amazing is the honest relationship they have with each other... That last embrace between Mork & Au was the equivalent to Morn & Godt embrace in this episode. So many scenes placed in the hospital, yet most of them full of meaning and closure. I like how this was done.

The temple scene... it didn't have any deep meaning to me... maybe because the ritual was very bad done... but I can follow the sense of praying together as a family, united by the boys. I missed though Muad words of wisdom in this important moment. I would have like to listen to him once more... specially talking to Mork.... but we had another scene with him and Tee in private clearing - once again - how difficult being together with Mork could be (doctors-wise speaking).

Morn & Godt bitter sweet moments were nicely done. The Birthday that starts kind of sad with Morn playing being totally not interested at all, because he wants to do it his own way... then surprising Godt with the text messages (he likes kind of having proof or everything... like a diary)... then their hug together... it was nice and meaningful, as Morn is trying not to make the same mistakes his older brother did at his age. Building up the friendship with Godt takes the priorities right now. This also leaves room for this couple in a future season, as they still have to move on into the next level.

It was also nice to have the girls finally back (I knew Blosson wouldn't show ever again - LOL). Bambie making up with Ching, even if it was also kind of rushed, was done nicely too and not left out at all, or forgotten.

My favorite moment was Tee getting Mork's passport from Morn & Godt. The kids "stole it" for Tee from Mork's cabinet. I was wondering WHY did Mork mention to Au he had already a passport and that it was for a school trip he couldn't join because of lack of money, but then I realize this was to play a role latter on. At the very end of the Series Tee is not leaving alone... He is taking Mork with him. Only... Mork does not know it yet. The fact Tee uses the same strategy as when they went to Snow Town makes this kind of adorable. It would be great to have them at the airport and Mork surprised face, than that annoying (and totally unnecessary) Lagnese 3:30 minutes long ice cream commercial.

Altogether, even if this Series had many black holes in the story, and terrible technical soundtrack in many scenes, the fact of watching Drake Laedeke as the lead Mork has been a total pleasure. WE have been able to experience him making us feel all sort of emotions, mostly the dark side ones, which most young actors are unable to portray to such extremes... He does belongs now to the very top of Thai young actors (and I am not talking about being a popular actor) in a film critical way (Golden Globes Wise) joining the great young actors tradition before him like Anuchyd Sapanphong;  Mario Maurer, Tony Rakkaen... Someone who can perform this good being just 17 years old... Wow...!! Drake... simply amazing...!! Mario Maurer was 19 when he did "Love of Siam"... Drake has already 2 major Drama Series, and he was a huge surprise to many in "Slam Dance"... having as a goal being like Johnny Depp certainly is going to be an inspiring journey...! Su Su Na Drake...!!

Cheers...!!

• Like 2

On 9/27/2018 at 2:15 AM, Mel_Rios said:

I just got the news:

Writer & director Aof Noppharnach - @backaof

(known for Gay Ok Bangkok, The Extra, My dear Loser )

is taking over the story of Drake & Frank for "Our Skyy"...!!!

O M G...!!

This is great...!!

Aof Noppharnach is really able to squeeze emotions out of all his actors and create amazing moments. Even if it is just one episode, it most be memorable; so I am looking forward to watch what he does with our 2 sweet kids there...!!

I was happy too when I saw this news posted on the inter FB page. The director's works have been impressive. I enjoy Gay OK Bangkok alot, and if he did My Dear Loser : Edge of 17, then I think we fans are in for a ride. I am sure he will be able to get the most of Drake. Frank can also take this opportunity to improve his acting chops. Too bad it's only 1 episode. I hope the length of the episode will be of movie length (ie. 60-90 mins).

I have said this on the inter FB page, I got a feeling GMMTV did not expect Cause You're My Boy to explode in terms of popularity. I believe they have made the decision to hire an inexpensive team to produce the series given the main cast is a group of newbies. I don't think GMMTV would have spent to hire an top notch team to produce a series fronted by relative unknowns, which to me is a pity. Had they got a great team behind the series, I am sure the post-production issues will not be so obvious and the storytelling would have been tighter.

Here's hoping that since Drake X Frank are given the opportunity to star in "Our Skyy", one indication is that GMMTV has faith in them and potentially could have planned a sequel/prelude to the series in the future once the writer has completed writing both the prelude and sequels to the novel.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, slaedeke said:

I will keep you updated as much as I can. Unfortunately, I am not allowed to say anything about upcoming projects until they are officially announced. I do understand why they have this policy though because Drake has been cast in a few projects that have been postponed/changed and or canceled. I can say there are already more projects in the works for Drake.

Thank you so much, I really hope the best for Drake. Even if I'm finally disappointed by this serie, I'm not by my discover for Drake's acting, I know I will follow his works and hope the future projects will be numerous and of high quality. Su su na.

17 hours ago, Mel_Rios said:

That "party" was another 3:30 minutes long Lagnese ice cream commercial... :rage:  The most terrible way to end a Seasons Finale.

So agree with that... There is so many way to put commercial in different ways, I can't take it anymore in gmmtv's series...

It's too much and too obvious. Be subtle!

Oh... Me too... I loved "My Dear Loser: Age of 17"... they had a real good story-line from the beginning until the end; there were no mistakes, no left-overs... everything was perfect for my personal ideal of coming of age BL Series. Even the annoying commercial extra scenes were so important for the main story-line...!! Specially the one on Valentine's Day... that dialogue between Nam & In is something I will never forget in my entire life...!! I have to say, without Nam that story wouldn't have worked so good as it did. She played such a great part in the love story that I can think it without her. Is like Yihwa for Korn & Knock since "Bad Romance". The best girl-friend ever...!! I hope she is also in this special episode with them.

Once again, I'm agree. I love all those 3 characters and have seen oftenly cuts from In-Sun story.

I think you have seen this part too in the last part of My Dear Loser but just in case you (or someone else) miss it :)

Spoiler

Sotus S... really... What was that...??? The worst Thai BL Series I have ever seen (and will probably see) in my life.

That was for me: Good actors vs terrible story.

After the quality of Sotus it was such a pity!!!

Ok back to MyTee

I'm gonna miss the exchanges about this serie with all of you (it was fun)

16 hours ago, Mel_Rios said:

And even that Mei apologized to Mork and gave him a family golden ring as peace offering - even if that scene was pretty rushed off - was well combined with the accident. Realizing how short life can be, and how unhappy they boys were.

This one, and so many others, there is so many useless scenes, they could rush less the important ones, like Gord and Morn's reconciliation... A phone for a present really, I know he is poor and a phone addict but come on, he's not a gigolo!

16 hours ago, Mel_Rios said:

The fact Tee uses the same strategy as when they went to Snow Town makes this kind of adorable.

So do I, I admit! and then the advertising :angry:

• Like 2

9 hours ago, midnightbottle said:

Too bad it's only 1 episode. I hope the length of the episode will be of movie length (ie. 60-90 mins).

Spoiler

I have said this on the inter FB page, I got a feeling GMMTV did not expect Cause You're My Boy to explode in terms of popularity. I believe they have made the decision to hire an inexpensive team to produce the series given the main cast is a group of newbies. I don't think GMMTV would have spent to hire an top notch team to produce a series fronted by relative unknowns, which to me is a pity. Had they got a great team behind the series, I am sure the post-production issues will not be so obvious and the storytelling would have been tighter.

Here's hoping that since Drake X Frank are given the opportunity to star in "Our Skyy", one indication is that GMMTV has faith in them and potentially could have planned a sequel/prelude to the series in the future once the writer has completed writing both the prelude and sequels to the novel.

Oh God...!! Yes... Hopefully the episodes are really up to - at least - 1 hour each...!!

When I think how long the episodes of "Bad Romance The Series" were... endless.... :mrgreen:

I was expecting the director of "Waterboyy The Movie" do something amazing and memorable with this Series... but it seems he was not truly in love with this project. Even if he had poor resources to do it, a true artist could have done so much better with this material. Unfortunately he was not up to the job this time. :confused:

I agree with the idea that GMMTV totally underestimated this Series, and the popularity that both Drake & Frank gave to it. Despite the bad experience with it since EP 10 that last episode has been able to achieve over 68.000 views (that is the lowest, in part 3) in less than a week. They have a lot to thank to the team of "My Tee International" in Facebook which has created a huge room for interactions and even manage to get the author deeply involve (even if he was more teasing us with his tricks most of the time) with the fans worldwide. :love:

I also hope Drake didn't mind finding fans over and over at the airport on his way from Bangkok to Chiang Mai and back all the time. I am a huge guardian of the privacy of any actor or artist; and I feel that it would be a bad thing if this level of exposure would have any negative impact in their personalities. An artist is someone we should always treasure deep in our hearts, understanding that they are - like each of us - also people with needs and with a right of privacy. :relieved:

It is amazing that GMMTV included Drake & Frank for this upcoming Mini-Series; and it is - like you say - a signal that GMMTV is willing to push their careers in future Series to come. I am sure Drake is thrilled with this new job coming up; and so should be Frank. :kiss_wink:

If I got the news right... this Mini-Series is to show already by the end of November this year (something that seems too soon to me).

but I will keep on posting anything related to it here in this thread as well... since the episode they are to make should follow the story of "Cause You're My Boy" . :mrgreen:

8 hours ago, mellialuna said:

I think you have seen this part too in the last part of My Dear Loser but just in case you (or someone else) miss it :)

Reveal hidden contents

Ok back to MyTee

I'm gonna miss the exchanges about this serie with all of you (it was fun)

This one, and so many others, there is so many useless scenes, they could rush less the important ones, like Gord and Morn's reconciliation... A phone for a present really, I know he is poor and a phone addict but come on, he's not a gigolo!

So do I, I admit! and then the advertising :angry:

OMG...!! That "extra" was pretty nice too... I watched it already... but - like you - I watch my very own BL cuts of Sun & In from time to time. 

It is in my very own top 3 Thai BL Themed Series; together with "Bad Romance" & (now) "Kiss Me Again" ("Love 8009" finally had to make room for Pete & Kao this time in the top 3) . :love:

Oh... I remember how confuse I was myself about Morn & Godt reconciliation...!

We even had the funny line here: "Prize the almighty iPhone" :joy:

That was so.... well... we all know by now...

The same for Mork & Tee. Just one line from Tee to "consume" all the issues they were accumulating since EP 7:

"I have to thank you; that you have been protecting me all this time alone." - Seriously....???!!! That's all you have to say Tee...???

Ufff... :expressionless:

Anyway...

We should all keep on exchanging here ideas for the upcoming "Our Skyy"...

I am sure we are going to have updates, pictures, video material... etc before it comes out...

And it will awesome to compare later on The Series, with the "Special Episode".

I have to THANK YOU ALL for making this experience here in this thread so amazing...!! :love:

When I open it nobody knew about this Series; and it was a long time before it became known, and actually started.

Now we have 124 pages of ideas, infos, material and exchanges that will help generations to come a lot when they discover this Series and want to watch it. Even if the Series has come to and end, this thread will remain a source for us, and many others to come.

:love: :kiss_wink: :mrgreen:

* * * Cheers * * *

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Mel_Rios said:

It is in my very own top 3 Thai BL Themed Series; together with "Bad Romance" & (now) "Kiss Me Again" ("Love 8009" finally had to make room for Pete & Kao this time in the top 3) . :love:

"Love 8009"....i haven't watched that in a long time. I'll need to rewatch it and go down memory lane sometime. :D

• LOL 1