a guy I like.

lucresse

Hey guys! 

Please help me y'all any help would be really appreciated.

So there's this guy I like and I am confused on whether he likes me too or not. He's really nice to me but I do not know if I can take that as a sign. He offered to take me grocery shopping and offered to buy me food too which I accepted. He asked me to eat once but I had work so I couldn't go. At first he didn't have my number but right now he does but he barely texts me. Also he's korean and called me by the korean name for "younger sister" once in a text and once in a regular conversation. Please help me guys. Ohh I call him Oppa sometimes and he smiles and seems to like it but I have a feeling it is just because our University is away from his home and he really does not have family here. I'm not sure I don't know. Could this guy possibly like me or is he just treating me a younger sister? (if it helps he is older than me)

maybe he is not interested or maybe he is but he is also shy. invite him to an event which is safe -- neither a date but something where you hang out and get to know him more. like a trek with a bunch of other people or a movie with group. if it develops into something something stage, then you will know he is interested. otherwise, he is just being friendly and nice.

20 hours ago, lucresse said:

Thank you so much for your advice, I really appreciate it. The thing is ... I’m a little shy and sincerely don’t know what to do and I’m scared about like... what if he doesn’t like me? I’d be so embarrassed ...

It is normal to be scared. A lot of people don't make the move for the same reasons.

But if you want something to happen, and you don't want to just rely on other people to make things happen, then you will have to take initiative. And this means that if things don't work out, you'll feel responsible because you made the decision. Every decision comes with its own set of risks; what's important is how you manage that risk.

Making a move doesn't mean you have to do anything grand like telling him your feelings or anything. Like @Lmangla says, you can do group stuff if that makes things more comfortable.

I'd bring up that offer to get something to eat, since you were unavailable at the time he requested.

Perhaps it meant a lot to him and when you turned him down he got super disappointed and thought you weren't interested.

On 10-2-2018 at 3:36 PM, lucresse said:

Hey guys! 

Please help me y'all any help would be really appreciated.

So there's this guy I like and I am confused on whether he likes me too or not. He's really nice to me but I do not know if I can take that as a sign. He offered to take me grocery shopping and offered to buy me food too which I accepted. He asked me to eat once but I had work so I couldn't go. At first he didn't have my number but right now he does but he barely texts me. Also he's korean and called me by the korean name for "younger sister" once in a text and once in a regular conversation. Please help me guys. Ohh I call him Oppa sometimes and he smiles and seems to like it but I have a feeling it is just because our University is away from his home and he really does not have family here. I'm not sure I don't know. Could this guy possibly like me or is he just treating me a younger sister? (if it helps he is older than me)

Your story doesn't really tell us if he's interested or not. He's friendly, but he could be just because he's a nice guy.

If you're interested, you're going to have to take a chance and approach him if he doesn't approach you first.

It's scary, but it's NEVER embarrassing. I can't stress that enough. It's not embarrassing to go up to someone, tell him/her how you feel. Even if you're rejected. It took a lot of guts to pick up the courage and tell your feelings to that special someone. That doesn't make you a loser but a winner. You've conquered your fear of being rejected, of taking a leap into the unknown. You've gone out of your comfortzone and, no matter the outcome, grown because of it.

Others might laugh, he might reject you, but YOU DID IT. The next time it's going to be easier, you'll have more experience and even more guts to take that step. Even if you're rejected again, don't forget: these experiences shape you as a person. Turn those experiences into a positive thing and learn from it. 

And never forget: your parents had the same problem at the beginning of their relationship, but if they hadn't taken that step, you wouldn't have been here :) 

Just like what others have said above, it's hard to tell whether he likes you or not based on the narrative you've provided. If you do like him though, then you can take the initiative--you don't have to necessarily tell him straight out that you like him or so, but just invite him to hang out more (e.g., to eat, to go somewhere, etc.). The more opportunities you have to spend with him, the better you'll be able to gauge whether he's interested or not. 

Idk if it matters but I felt like updating y’all. I tried my shot today. We were having lunch together and was flirting (or at least attempted to).He was on the phone most of the time, long story short I found out he was interested in a different girl... thank you guys for all your help. 

• 1 month later...
On 2/15/2018 at 11:31 AM, lucresse said:

Idk if it matters but I felt like updating y’all. I tried my shot today. We were having lunch together and was flirting (or at least attempted to).He was on the phone most of the time, long story short I found out he was interested in a different girl... thank you guys for all your help. 

aww I'm sorry. But yay u tried!!! U know what u should do, steal him from her. lol jk.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2/16/2018 at 1:01 AM, lucresse said:

Well im happy atleast you tired. If you never tried it you would still be living in gulit and hatred for yourself also it would be harder to live with that. But now you can move on easily and plan other important things in life. Also you got the confidence now

• 2 months later...

I honestly think if you post up here.. about someone.. whatever thought you have of them.. they will think the same for you.. I was in the same position. I like a guy and he just wants to be friends. But I hate hearing him talk.. the words he put in my mind 

Archived