Quantcast
0ly40

[Drama 2018] 100 Days My Prince / Hundred Days' Husband, 백일의 낭군님

@nrllee I agree with your analogy. Also, last night while watching the stream I am not ready for long battle; I don’t like dragging battle. I want the back story of how to get back to Hong Shim since she is also principled that she’s not worthy of prince Yul love and being together with the prince because she thinks she has the traitor’s blood.  She goes back to the community that adopted her as helpful Hong Shim. Simple yet healing. 

Moo Yeon leaving his sister - I think it needs to happen because he knows being assasin and then runaway with princess will not make things alright. Being deposed as the princess will be much better for the child and princess at least they are protected and fed for life. 

Palace has too much restriction. Everything is pushed or shoved to you by greedy and power-hungry people. It has to stop.   I love the love of ther Village in effort to support their love story — throw cherry blossom. That’s amazing love. But she was invited to the palace right?  They will have lots of time for one with hope for. But sure it will not be shown. It’s for teasing purposes only.  

Kyung Soo and Nam Ji Hyun together with all the casts — they gave the best acting even the editing was bad or for us written “poorly”. We were hooked with their delivery of lines, cinematography and not to mention musical scores used; we laugh so hard, they tease and killed us with their cheesy lines, oho, am I the one only uncomfortable, more oho; we cried so hard too. We cringed in anger towards the perfect villain and walah he just died like that. VM has still has the last say “I never intend to live the life you wanted to me.” He was there remember.  That’s the reason of his greedyness.  But I love that VM used the blank King’s command to protect his children. The drama was overloaded with funny scenes, crying scenes and excitement scenes that even we become “pervy..” I also love the sword fight. Amazing! The banter of two intelligent person. hahaha hehehe. So I know we are still satisfied. 

Anyway, thank you all. See you in the next drama we will watch. I enjoyed everyone’s opinion and how each of us were respectful to each other.  I hope it’s like this in my office. Hahhaa! you all allowed me to be peaceful to destressed from work. #Forever100DMP.

Note, simple plug (sorry. if not permitted please delete): I’ll go ajumma-fangirling with Exo’s comeback on 2 Nov. I know I never thought at my age to like KPOP idol. I should have never started or tried but I fell in the trap of their goofyness, savageness, maturity in handling their fans but really babies, fashion shows, powerful vocals and amazing  dancing. Their concerts is something to look forward - not just amazing performance but outstanding production (including lights, video juice, sounds and stage which is somehow my side work).  This group has a lot of things to show and I like their individuality haha! Also waiting for “Roh Ki Soo’s Swing Kids which stars D.O. (Kyung Soo) as tap dancer North Korean to be released this December.  So don’t start fangirling with KPoP-Idol.  It distracts you more. hahhaa

Again thank you everyone! @Dramanoona thank you for recapping; @stroppyse and @triplem, @USAFarmgirl @Jillia thank you always for making me enjoy my joining of forums. I’ve seen you all in other forums and the most reliable and level headed people in this forum! 

Edit: I forgot this - “Love is not about winning and receiving but its about giving.” Intelligent Palace Librarian. 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 3

5 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Would you mind providing me with a clip? I don't have time to go search for it right now. I'm trying to sneak in a read of this forum while working. Shhhh. :D Otherwise, if you can wait until I get a chance to watch the whole episode, that would be good. 

edit: Do you mean from MY's dying scene from episode 15?

Yes, towards the end of ep.15. Talking about dandelions. I will try to find clips because I don't know how to make one.

• Like 1

@anjelikaeyes13 Thank you dear for your kind words . It’s been a pleasure sharing the thread with you & everyone here. 

@stroppyse I cried at the translation of the voice over . Is this the clip which stroppyse translated above @ktcjdrama

Posted by Han So Hee

Spoiler

The cast say goodbye 

EXO’s D.O., Nam Ji Hyun, And More Say Goodbye To “100 Days My Prince”

Oct 30, 2018
by R. Jun

With tvN’s “100 Days My Prince” having come to an end, the cast and crew left viewers with some final thoughts.

d.o.-nam-ji-hyun.jpg

EXO’s D.O. was highly praised for his nuanced portrayal of Prince Lee Yool/Won Deuk. Saying goodbye to his character, D.O. said, “Thank you to everyone for their passionate love. I’m so happy because the viewer response was much better than I thought, and for being able to see the drama through to a successful end. I’ll work even harder to improve for next time.”

Nam Ji Hyun, who played Yoon Yi Seo/Hong Shim, said, “Thanks to the director and staff, who worked so hard to make a great drama, the writer, who created an exciting story, and all of the actors, who did their best in their respective roles, this drama was able to receive the love that it did. Though the drama is ending, I hope it will stay in viewers’ hearts for a long time.”

Spoiler

jo-sung-ha-jo-han-chul.jpg

Jo Sung Ha, the villain of the drama, said he can’t believe the drama is already coming to a close. “Filming in traditional Korean clothes in the hotter-than-usual summer was hard. With a bowed head, I sincerely thank all of the actors and staff, who worked through the heat, as well as the viewers, who sent us a lot of love and support.”

Actor Jo Han Chul, who played the king, thanked viewers for the incredible response to the drama, and said he hopes to meet the people he worked with for the drama again in the future.

kim-sun-ho-han-so-hee-kim-jae-young.jpg

Kim Seon Ho thanked viewers and said leaving his character Jae Yoon after five months is bittersweet, but that he hopes Won Deuk, Hong Shim, and Jae Yoon are all happy.

Actress Han So Hee said she already misses the drama, and added, “Thanks to all the fans of the drama, who loved and were able to relate to So Hye.”

Kim Jae Young said, “‘100 Days My Prince’ was my first sageuk drama, and I played a character that doesn’t outwardly express many emotions. The dialogue, costumes, and action were all a first for me and a little awkward, but thanks to a lot of help from the director and actors, I was able to make it through to the end of filming.”

• Like 10

25 minutes ago, triplem said:

@stroppyse I cried at the translation of the voice over . Is this the clip which stroppyse translated above @ktcjdrama

@triplem, this is a piece of the clip that I translated. However, after watching episode 16, my understanding of this passage changed a little. The floods are the world that has overwhelmed them, but the dandelion that rides the wind to safety is SH. MY's wish was for SH to live and be safe somewhere, her and their baby. And, his promise to her is that whatever form his next life is, that he'll come back to her as the wind to keep her safe. So, it's actually a promise for her lifetime after his death, a reassurance that he will always be with her even if not in his corporeal form, as well as a longing for another lifetime together for both of them. I find myself a bit teary at how much MY loved SH, a truly unconditional love, and one which under other circumstances would have been a devoted, epic love.

And, SH names the baby after MY's real name. She explains that even though it's unusual, the name that no one will remember, she wanted it to be remembered for longer. Children are actually not named after their parents in Korean, so it is a very unusual move that she did, however, I like that she named her baby boy after MY's real name.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

Thanks @stroppyse. Tears just reading that . I Guess it is no wonder she looked up when the wind blew here . 

Just had to post one of dearest mr dimples from last night 

Spoiler

Kiss BtS . I am still tickled by the petals being fanned from the rooftop 

Edited by triplem
  • Like 6

I’m watching the last episode and while I thoroughly enjoyed this show, it feels like they didn’t have enough time to wrap the story up properly. I have so many questions:

1. What happened with the war? KCE’s use of the Ming army base to meet with LY is odd to say the least. Why would the Ming army wish to be part of such a petty domestic dispute? What would then have made the Jurchens stop the war they were duped to participate in?

2. KCE’s death was too easy. Where did the crown prince suddenly get an army of archers amongst the people who were so clearly in the Vice-Premier’s pockets? And how was it that he knew too he had lost the battle (cf. the scene where he writes his will using the king’s seal)?

3. How did HS get involved in the Vice-Premier’s plot against the Crown Prince? Am I to make leaps in logic gaps that HS told her brother’s friend, who pretended to tell the Vice-Premier that he kidnaped her, and so the Vice-Premier thought he had her as bait to trap the Crown Prince?

4. The queen’s scheming to put her son on the throne. Does it stop just because the king is abdicating to spend more time with her?

I am... uncomfortable. :lol:

• Like 5
  • LOL 11

@gilaswan yeah I feel you. I decided to leave my brain at the door after Ep 15. The whole Ming sub plot was just unnecessary...the only thing gained was that LY was warned to beware of KCE?  The whole war and how it started and ended was just odd... yes to all your other points too... so strange the sudden change in scheming and dark to comical and light in the Palace characters.  Looks like Seowon got his wish finally as he visits exCPss in the hut.

@misskym86 I thought nanny was the Court lady who was always by CPss' side?  Could be wrong but that was who I assumed she was.

• Like 6

Finally watched the final episode .. gonna miss this drama freal:bawling:

Loved how they brought the comedy back, it made the finale more fun despite having so many unclear things like why CPss brother is under watch in the village, instead of being with his sister or how the Queen let Prince Seowon visit the CPss and and and ...! 

Have a royal wedding would have be great to see but oh well.

• Like 3

@stroppyse thank you for the translation and further thoughts about MY's promise of love to SH. I thought there was something deeper in what he said and couldn't get the feel somehow from the subs. But now I get it and I got emotional again about them... I know they killed many innocent lives, but I still can't help to feel pitiful for them. I wished the writer would have fleshed out their story a little more because a lot of viewers seem to be very interested in them too. 

@triplem yes that's the clip. 

• Like 4

Happy ending at least? Would’ve loved to see happy newlywed life in the palace. 

-The last 2 episodes seem a little disjointed.

-Big baddie VP just died like that? He had the King’s stamp for future use & he uses it as an out card for his kids? That makes him

seem like a caring dad vs. power hungry VP they’ve shown up to now.

-Queen plotted against the prince several times, yet she gets a happily ever after with the King. Where’s the justice in Yul’s mother’s death? I had hoped her death was faked.

-The last minute angst between OTP :huh:

• Like 3

Watching with subs now.

1. At least KCE did try to do something good at the end.

2. The seperation -  I still scratch my head over that. What if he had died fighting in the war?? And not even an I Love You.....and not even a happang for our pure prince!

3. The whole drought arc....I admit I found it funny. And finally bromance between LY and Dimples.

3mAkUP.gif

[Check out Eunuch Yang's expression  as they talk about lonliness...LOL. He must have been worried about CP sexual orientation too...hahaha]

4. King getting involved in sending women to him. Hahaha. And telling the King about being rejected. Hahahaha

And speculation CP is gay...LOL [Shades of moonlight]

5. Finally father-son bonding and advice.

6. LOL at how Eunuch Yang also mentioned if Yul doesn't marry, he would have lived the life like his - being celibate. :lol:

WKfDfK.gif

7. And when he got rejected again. LOL

8. OMG....the journals - so romantic - this is the only part that I cried in the episode...I am in love... If HS didn't realise how much he loves her.....I'll take him. LOL.

Watching the ending - I have to admit it was beautifully shot *dreamy sigh*

And off they went to the palace!

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

So, I need to preface this by saying that I know subs are up, and I've seen some of them, and they seem good and convey what the characters are trying to say. However, I really love the way LY speaks in this drama. The writer has him talk in a rather lyrical way, so I'm posting a translation of this scene from ep 16 where HS is reading LY's journals, and so LY voices his journal entries in voiceovers.

LY Voiceovers (except during flashback)

1450 July 4. Wherever I go, every step I take, I see you. I know they are illusions. My heart grows heavier without end.

1450 July 5. Not having held onto you that day, I regret that so much. I’m so full of pain, I wasn’t able to sleep.

1450 December 11. Today, the snow came down. Seeing the snow falling, I thought of you. You had asked me, whether I liked snow or whether I liked a shower of flower petals. No matter how many times I’m asked, my answer is…you.

Do you remember? Today is the day that you and I were married.

(Flashback)
WD: Oho! Didn’t I say that you can’t touch even one finger to me?

(End flashback)
They say that life has two types of paths. On one, living as if there are no such things as miracles. On the other, living as if everything is a miracle. When I look back, the days that I lived as your husband, those 100 days. Every moment…was a miracle.

(HS finishes reading then rushes off to find LY.)
KN: Where are you going?
HS: Is the Crown Prince at the governor’s right now?
GD: No, he left. He said that something urgent has happened at the palace.
GD: Oh, Hong Shim

I thought it was cute when she turns around sad after having failed to find LY to see him standing in front of her. And, when she says that she had thought that the Crown Prince had to go to the palace, LY responds that the Crown Prince may have gone, but WD was still there. I think it's the absolutely straight delivery and WD's sincere and low voice that takes it from being cheesy to being awww cute. :D

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

@stroppyse I concur.  WD/LY had really cheesy lines - but DKS totally nailed his character and turned him into this romantic old style hero where honour is upheld, morals are adhered to and intelligent speak trumps force.  His diction and use of tone and inflection coupled with an uncanny knack of using pregnant pauses at just the right places makes those thespian lines sing.  Totally convincing.

As for those of us who feel that KCE's demise was a let down.  Well, it took a single arrow to down every assassin on his side and it took a total of 3, nay 4... to finally take him down... and still he manages to stumble over to LY to pass the letter onto his hand.  Well done.  Superman has a name in Joseon times and it's KCE. :lol:

• LOL 10

Ah... the most romantic words so far that I heard from a drama.

Unfortunately I can't adjust the words to what @stroppyse has clarified but this parts make me feel the pain that LY was feeling during the separation. And DO's voice! The longing!

yppn7r.gif

Miracle during the 100 days (even though he was so gruff in the beginning)

bPEDEj.gif

I love how it went back to where it all started... the talk about snow or flower petals. And I can feel the sincerity when he says he will always choose her.

zVctoQ.gif

The proposal - I think some may feel the words are high-handed but all I sense is the hope he has that this is the entry he will write in his journal that night.

And no longer having to write such sad words...

• Like 6

Well, since I'm posting to the thread after the drama is finished anyway, thought I might as well post another translation of the final scene after all.

HS: I definitely heard that the Crown Prince had left to go back to the palace.
LY: I don’t know whether the Crown Prince has gone, but Won Deuk hasn’t gone yet.
HS: No matter which way I look at you, I don’t think you are Won Deuk.
LY: Don’t just look any which way, look carefully.
(HS looks, and smiles, so LY smiles. On the roof, the conspirators scramble.)
PBE: Throw them right now. (They throw the cherry blossom petals.)
HS: Oh. (catches a petal in her hand) It’s not even a Spring day, so why a shower of flower petals?
LY: Those! You found the books? (me: LOL. Trying to distract her from asking too obvious questions.) They shouldn’t be read by anyone. Perhaps. Did you read them?
HS: Yes. I read them. But, such heart-wrenching entries, I wish you would stop writing them.
LY: Don’t worry. Today’s entry, I’ve already thought about it. It’ll probably be something like this. To the woman that I have longed for forever, I proposed. That woman smiled, and nodded her head. I…am going to spend the rest of my life with that woman. No matter what happens. Let’s go. To the palace.
HS: Perhaps… is this a marriage proposal?
LY: No. I’m going to do it properly now.
(kisses…within the rain of flower petals thrown from the roof :lol:)

It's interesting, because not all sageuks do it. However, this drama reminds me of MDBC in that the male lead's lines are just so lovely, and more lyrical than the female leads' lines even. It's partly the writing, but also partly the delivery and the voice, I think. 

When I'm watching without subs, of course, I wouldn't notice at all. But, if I happen to catch some subs, and the subs turn the language more prosaic (though one reasonably argue that it's more understandable that way :) ), I feel the urge to post another translation, just to share my joy in listening to how they're saying it as well as what they're saying. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

@stroppyse thanks for the translations. I haven't had time to watch it yet. Busy day. So needed spoilers. I couldn't take it so had to watch last 10 min blind just to see if HS lived.

This drama has been erratic so my interest has waxed and waned. Couldn't get into the whole politics. And MY. I actually felt worse for his bodyguard that really died. Since I watched that actor in Hwarang. Then the super long daily 120 Lovers in bloom.

But I guess I don't mind the mess and I since it is the first time I have seen DO. The idol who I only know as an actor. 

Have you tried When Stars Land? I accidentally became addicted. I didn't know who the male lead is too. But man he is good. So I have to watch 3 Mon TueMon Tue dramas today. The 3rd being the LMK one. 

• Like 1

Silent lurker here..  Just wanna thank all who provided translations,  recaps,  and insights.  Fun reading them :).

Have to admit i had so much hope for the ending like many others have said so i will not say it again.  

Regarding the wrap up party,  i wonder why NJH was not really seen? :huh: She could've come later or even earlier i guess.  And i get that this is not a shipping thread for the leads but they really stayed away from each other in almost all the bts photos taken of the cast. They looked very comfortable though with each other in the bts videos posted. Wonder why that was the case?  Protecting her from possible fan attack?  :sweatingbullets: like there was a pic of DO during the wrap up party and i thought he sat next to NJH but it turned out the girl was the actress playing Kkeut Nyeo.  I also read an article of an interview with the same actress and she said that NJH explained to her about Exo's superpowers since she didnt know,  highlighting that:

1) NJH is an Exo-l

2) They attended Exo concert together.. 

Ok, im going to go crazy with shipping lead actors.  I better stop myself..:lol:

Also, is there a way a kind soul who still translates the bts videos?  Ep 13-14 not translated fully,  and we also have 15-16 now.  Can @stroppyse help by any chance??  :D

• Like 2