Quantcast
0ly40

[Drama 2018] 100 Days My Prince / Hundred Days' Husband, 백일의 낭군님

6 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

But here is the problem. All this time he never met her, he didn't even know if she was alive. He only knew, if she was alive, how he could meet her again but in reality she could have died (starvation/exhaustion). There was no guarantee that she would find someone who would help her or even adopt her. He had no idea how she was doing and if she was alive. He met her, when he was after WD/LY. So far, we didn't witness a scene where he knew where she lived all this time.

Hmm, I had gotten the impression that even though he didn't know exactly where she lived, that he at least vaguely knew of what had happened to her. I had gotten the sense that he had kept some tabs on her, even while keeping his distance so that KCE wouldn't clue in to where she actually was. Since, it was just the promise that KCE made to not continue to go after YS rather than that KCE knew where YS was, but if MY had interacted with YS during that time, then KCE could have heard about YS and where she is. I saw it as another way of keeping YS safe, rather than as an act of disinterest or selfishness. And, I empathize with that sentiment that knowing that she is alive and healthy despite not being able to see her is more important than reassuring her of his own existence.

Having said that, his contradictory actions with respect to the CPess rather negated the impact of the sacrifice he had made for his sister for me, as you had pointed out. Rather than peacefully living with YS, albeit still hidden, but without any vengeful KCE with a reason to hunt them down, MY would rather risk being a hunted fugitive again by having the CPess with them.

Though, to be honest, for half a heartbeat, I thought it would have been funny if the CPess had run away with MY, and they had gone to HS who had managed to convince LY to give us his throne and run away with her. That would be an awkward meeting, no? :lol:

6 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

MY is a hypocrite who told YS to forget LY, although he is himself unable to forget his loved one, the Crown Princess. Then he tells her that LY has a wife implying that LY's love doesn't mean much as he slept with another woman.

I did not think it was necessarily hypocrisy. One can give good advice, even if one has trouble following such good advice oneself. I don't think MY's intent was to imply that LY"s love didn't mean much, I think that MY was pointing out the hopelessness of the situation of being in love with a married man. The best that HS could hope for then would be to be a concubine or a mistress on the side, an outcast of society with her children also having to bear the label of being bastards. Since MY knew that WD was actually the CP at the time, even more so since it's unthinkable that the CP would cast aside the CPess and give up the throne.

However, MY can't entirely give up on his own love for the CPess, and that does show him as a deeply flawed person. It's a bit of a chicken and egg to speculate whether MY was already flawed and his experiences in enduring the KCE situation made him more so, or whether the circumstances were a slippery slope of moral compromising. On a personal moral level, is it worse to sleep with a married woman, albeit one who is also one's future queen, or to kill a person without any concern much less judgment of why the person should die.

Anyway, I concur that MY has some deep flaws to his character, and I'm still uncertain whether he is going to survive this drama. I'm honestly torn as to the ending that I want for MY. In some ways, because I do think that he was a victim of his circumstance as well as his own failings, I want him to be pardoned and sent away to live with the CPess far away from Hanyang where they can have their simple life, especially now knowing that the CPess had previously asked MY to take her away, and that they are in love. However, both MY and the CPess have both been so morally compromised that it feels wrong to give them a semblance of a happy ending after all of their venal actions. So, perhaps a heroic death for MY might be better, but given that I feel that he's lived his life a certain way in order to protect his sister, it also feels sad for him to then have to die without getting a chance to live the life that he wants to live.

32 minutes ago, Visually-wandering said:

Just saw a tweet, if the translation right. It said MNL to Korea. I hope he can come on family gathering of #hundreddayshusband on Tuesday.

The caption said "181028 MNL Let's go to Korea!" So, it looks as if he's in Manila on October 28, but is on his way to Korea.

5 hours ago, nrllee said:

It would certainly shatter her view of him when he reveals his true colours, although she's already had a little inkling that he's not the man that she thought him to be (the gold she found in her bag) but she needs to hear it from him or see it with her own eyes for it to completely sink in. 

HS has an inkling since from her words, a man doesn't earn that kind of money without doing some bad things. But, her intent is now to keep her brother from doing any more such things to earn that kind of money. So, it's clear that HS has some idea of how things are. As you say, though, she'll need to confront him directly for the enormity of how he's been living till then is going to sink in.

5 hours ago, nrllee said:

If HS never accosted him in the village and confronted him about reuniting with her would he have even bothered to leave the CPss and the Palace and agreed to run away with her?  I am beginning to think probably not.  In choosing the CPss after that night in the field he has essentially chosen love over duty.  He has broken his promise once again to poor HS/YS.  He is not a man of honor.  Maybe he never was in the first place.

I think you're right and that he would have continued to make reasons why he shouldn't leave. I think it's implied that his feelings for the CPess has become a large part of why he can't seem to leave Hanyang. And, as you pointed out, in the end, a final meeting with the CPess was more important than taking HS away to safety.

Still, given that he's been wondering about the baby that the CPess is carrying, which is probably his, even though the CPess has flat out denied that to him, I can see why he wanted that last meet.  Not to mention that she is probably his first and only love, so that leaving her, and not being able to even see her any more must have felt like agony.

I'm not excusing him or disagreeing with your and @bebebisous33's assessments that MY may not be a man of honor. I guess I just have some sympathy for the fix that he finds himself in, even though I disagree with his actions.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 3

5 hours ago, Visually-wandering said:

So, tonight it will start in usual schedule or 30 min prior?

EDIT!

MY GOD! I THOUGHT TODAY IS MONDAY:sweatingbullets:

What ?!!! it's already Monday ! Where do u live ??

I'm in France and it's Sunday and it's 7.35 pm

So it'll be last ep tomorrow right ?

Hope there'll be a deep and passionnated wedding kiss between Lee Yul ( Won Deuk) and Yu Suk ( Hong Shim)

And I hope MY will be OK even he'll be in jail ; we know he did many bad things for KCE just to 

keep his sister's life in safe.

• Like 6
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, diane90 said:

What ?!!! it's already Monday ! Where do u live ??

I'm in France and it's Sunday and it's 7.35 pm

So it'll be last ep tomorrow right ?

Hope there'll be a deep and passionnated wedding kiss between Lee Yul ( Won Deuk) and Yu Suk ( Hong Shim)

And I hope MY will be OK even he'll be in jail ; we know he did many bad things for KCE just to 

keep his sister's life in safe.

I believe that @Visually-wandering edited her post to say that she had been mistaken about the day.  I do that sometimes, too, when I'm looking forward to a show.  I'll wake up thinking, "oh it's Monday" when it's really Sunday.   So frustrating when that happens!

By the way, it IS already Monday in Korea.  As I'm typing, it's just after 4:30 AM there (but 2:30 PM Sunday here where I am in the US).  (Thank goodness for the world clock app on my cell phone!)

As I understand it, we're getting 16 episodes instead of just 15 and the final episode will air on Tuesday. 

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Visually-wandering said:

Just saw a tweet, if the translation right. It said MNL to Korea. I hope he can come on family gathering of #hundreddayshusband on Tuesday.

Yes, Kyungsoo doesn't have any schedules on Monday or Tuesday, just training for EXO's comeback, so I think he will attended the gathering. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Re : air time and number of episodes.  I think tvN has all but confirmed it Ep 15 tonight and Ep 16 tomorrow night.  All the articles on 100DMP I have seen of today has referenced today as penultimate episode (D-1) and tomorrow is D-day.  According to scheduling, it would appear they are sticking to 2130 start?  There was speculation that it would air at an earlier start time (2120) last week?  

https://m.entertain.naver.com/tvBrand/6791720/broadcastInfo/timeTableCard

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

44 minutes ago, nrllee said:

Re : air time and number of episodes.  I think tvN has all but confirmed it Ep 15 tonight and Ep 16 tomorrow night.  All the articles on 100DMP I have seen of today has referenced today as penultimate episode (D-1) and tomorrow is D-day.  According to scheduling, it would appear they are sticking to 2130 start?  There was speculation that it would air at an earlier start time (2120) last week?  

https://m.entertain.naver.com/tvBrand/6791720/broadcastInfo/timeTableCard

Yes, I saw it too, according to articles it's 16 episode and the episode will air at 9:30 KST

• Like 5

@nrllee they left Manila for the 11 or 1110 pm flight to Korea yesterday. I usually take that flight too. Bad idea to leave afternoon Manila when I travel. So for sure DKS is already in KR. They will be pissed off if they leave the earliest flight today which is afternoon.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, anjelikaeyes13 said:

@nrllee they left Manila for the 11 or 1110 pm flight to Korea yesterday. I usually take that flight too. Bad idea to leave afternoon Manila when I travel. So for sure DKS is already in KR. They will be pissed off if they leave the earliest flight today which is afternoon.  

he already arrived like 3 hours ago.

• Like 4

Ahh...It's the final stretch.

What mostly interests me know is how WD will bring down KCE.

Since WD is a pretty smart CP, I am sure he has planned what to do. The only unforeseen kink in the plans would be if KCE has HS in his hands.

I am quite confident that there will be a happy ending. But my previous traumatic experiences with Korean drama endings have left me jaded.

So I do hope the ending is satisfactory - HS is rightfully installed as the CPrincess and WD (and HS) will finally have their happang! LOL.

• Like 5
  • LOL 3

So I am no longer sure about start times. This seems to imply tonight Ep is 2130 start and tomorrow is 2120?

Doesn't matter to me coz i can't watch live anyway

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, nrllee said:

So I am no longer sure about start times. This seems to imply tonight Ep is 2130 start and tomorrow is 2120?

Yes, according to the article you posted. Monday at 9:30 pm is episode 15 and Tuesday at 9:20 pm is episode 16.

Here is a translation of that announcement: 

Like Yul’s heartfelt confession when he said “From the first moment I saw you, I held you in my heart. Your 20 year old self who I wasn’t able to meet, I was in love with. Also, for all the days of the rest of your remaining life, I will love you.“, becoming more curious about the depiction of the unfolding of the two persons’ romance in the final two episodes.

"Hundred Days Husband" today October 29, broadcast episode 15 at 9:30 pm, and then on October 30, broadcast episode 16 at 9:20 pm.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

Is it too much to hope for that we will see more romance unfolding in tonight and tomorrow's episode....as promised in that announcement.

Or I'll sic Park Il Do on the PD....LOL...*crossover*

EDIT.. The last photo with the PD..

I think no one really expected the drama to do so well.

Congratulations to cast and crew for getting above 10% !

• Like 6
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, Dramanoona said:

Or I'll sic Park Il Do on the PD....LOL...*crossover*

hahahahahahaha @Dramanoona Thanks for making me laugh. I too wanna shout PARK IL DOOOOOOOO. Hwapyung, Mateo Choi Yun and Gilyoung will cross over to fight the Crown Prince's evil Father-in-law and also his evil Step-Mum, the Queen.

• LOL 7