Quantcast

[Drama 2018] 100 Days My Prince / Hundred Days' Husband, 백일의 낭군님

22 minutes ago, Wotad said:

im really surprised they did not extend this drama considering how well its doing. 

I think the main reason why the drama can't be extended because D.O will be super busy due to EXO's comeback in Nov.

• Like 9
  • Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My happy moment. I can sleep well tonight!

And one last thing of note.  Standing ovation for WD/LY please for being man of the moment...currently sitting in 1st place by a mile in my "esteemed Men of Joseon time" ladder.  Notice how despite th

Perhaps.  Guess we'll have to wait a week to find out...    It makes more sense since I feel like KCE (the omniscient one) seems to know who the baby's daddy is...otherwise why ask MY to kill

I might get maimed for this but I didn’t know who DO was till I watched this and goggled him. Impressive resume for one this young. I had my doubts when I saw that he was paired with one of my fav female leads. Those doubts were on their way out the window as the show progressed but this week’s eps made me kick them away so far and high that no one will ever know they existed. He is good. Wow. Saw the gifs shared here...*gulp*... toe curling stuff.

I am drawn in by both leads though I wasn’t too hot about the time spent as Won Deuk-was a bit of an idiot albeit an endearing one- as well as the shenanigans of the lower officials bullying commoners. The pace picked up towards the end and just when I was enjoying the drama too much I found out there wld only be one more ep. Gahh...why... good shows are hard to come by! 

If only Martial Universe had half of the art of this plot.

• Like 12
52 minutes ago, rocat said:

I might get maimed for this but I didn’t know who DO was till I watched this and goggled him. Impressive resume for one this young. I had my doubts when I saw that he was paired with one of my fav female leads. Those doubts were on their way out the window as the show progressed but this week’s eps made me kick them away so far and high that no one will ever know they existed. He is good. Wow. Saw the gifs shared here...*gulp*... toe curling stuff.

I am drawn in by both leads though I wasn’t too hot about the time spent as Won Deuk-was a bit of an idiot albeit an endearing one- as well as the shenanigans of the lower officials bullying commoners. The pace picked up towards the end and just when I was enjoying the drama too much I found out there wld only be one more ep. Gahh...why... good shows are hard to come by! 

If only Martial Universe had half of the art of this plot.

I never cared for Do or exo really but this drama has made me a big fan of him.

• Like 11

I know everyone is in their episode 14 afterglow while I'm still in my episode 13 afterglow. :P And honestly all I could think was: how can the Crown Princess showing when she is only about 3 months into her pregnancy? Honestly my sister wasn't showing until maybe 6 months, same goes for my other friends. Oh well... drama logic. :lol:

Overall another Monday episode as I call them. Terrible pacing, unnecessary scenes which do nothing for the plot itself - village scene with villagers finding out Won Deok is the Crown Prince, the banquet. Why waste so much time?

Good last scene with Lee Yul realizing who Hong Shim is. The writer is strong when it comes to their serious scenes. Love them the most.

But overall a good episode and still the only one rocking the post-production is the music editor. Pretty much on point even though he didn't create the most memorable OST. :)

On to episode 14. :D

• Like 6
15 minutes ago, tianaa said:

and the most  touching moment when Lee Yool met his guardian who was still alive,oh my god,i can't handle my tears:tears:

Jo Hyun Shik is the actor who plays the eunuch Yang.  (Some may also remember that he played one of Chan's rowing buddies on Thirty But Seventeen.)  He may only do "bit" parts and side roles in dramas but, oh my, what an excellent actor!  It's like a gift to see someone who fulfills a role so well.  Others may earn their place simply because they are handsome or pretty or whatever while having only a little talent to call upon (we all know that there are many like that) but this guy is earning his stripes the hard way by being a true actor.  I applaud that hard work and talent.  Bravo, Jo Hyun Shik!

• Like 12
5 hours ago, Jillia said:

Because it's done filming already. Season would also not add up anymore since they filmed during summer and it's now fall in South Korea. :)

But, as I agree with @stroppyse, this drama would do better with at least a couple more episodes. The pacing is still horribly off, even though the plot gets its job done, so to speak.

I agree that the pacing is not perfect and has some other flaws, but for being pre-produced it is actually really well done. The Kdrama writers have come a long way and are starting to find the formula that works... and works more consistently, rather than hit or miss all the time. I say this particularly since I wonder if pre-produced dramas will soon become the norm since the 52 hour work week... will the entertainment business be following this enforcement eventually too?

I wonder cause I read somewhere that this was due to deaths in the entertainment industry and other companies due to overwork. 

• Like 11

CPrincess to MY - Do not worry.  This baby is not your baby.  :o

Man they are dragging the Who's the baby's daddy further...so it's either Seowon or Minister Jung then.  My money is still on Jung.

Got the whole Chinese character "Heel" totally wrong...I am still struggling to solve the riddle looking at the character and also how they are interpreting it in the drama.  They are running it too fast for my mind to comprehend - doors...I get that because the Chinese character for "mouth" is like a door - it's basically a square.  Perhaps it's the number of "mouths" in each character...there is one "mouth" in the character for "heel"...have to rewatch it to get it right.

EDIT- whilst I am glad that MY is not the baby's daddy coz that falls in line with his Man of Honor label, I still do not like how it was revealed.  Seems to imply that she bedded a few men so there was a question of paternity?  No sex = no baby?  It's like her telling MY, well we did sleep together but don't worry...baby's not yours...it's someone else's?  Maybe it's lost in translation... :unsure:

Edited by nrllee
  • Like 11
25 minutes ago, nrllee said:

CPrincess to MY - Do not worry.  This baby is not your baby.  :o

I got the feeling that she was lying to him to spare him or to protect him.  I still firmly believe that MY is the baby daddy.

• Like 14
11 minutes ago, thistle said:

I got the feeling that she was lying to him to spare him or to protect him.  I still firmly believe that MY is the baby daddy.

Perhaps.  Guess we'll have to wait a week to find out... :lol:

It makes more sense since I feel like KCE (the omniscient one) seems to know who the baby's daddy is...otherwise why ask MY to kill the baby's daddy (he can't very well kill himself)...if KCE thought for a moment that MY was the baby's Father, he would've already killed him.  So unless he is ignorant of this and has been duped by the CPrincess into believing that it is someone else.  He's been consistently one-up most times, so I think he senses that he's been duped and he's narrowed in on the candidate and it's not MY.

Your theory could be right though.  CPrincess lying to protect MY and then diverting KCE's attention to someone else.

Guess we will find out next week. 

EDIT- I loved these things about Ep 14

1. That LY's first totally complete memory was NOT of Palace politics or the plots on his life...but that of his love for YS. :wub:

2. That he trumps Dimples at the game of love (touché) with "I met her first"...just saying :lol:...now that we're clear about our facts...let's talk business...are you loyal to me or to KCE?

3. That LY's declaration of love to YS was...just...so...beautifully poetic...and then to seal it beyond a shadow of a doubt with a kiss over that forever love doorway (kinda reminds me of mistletoe). :wub:

4. That LY stays true to his Man of Honor label...as CP, he could have lopped Dimples' head off (one way of getting rid of the competition) but he didn't?  Notice how he declares once again that she is his woman in front of Dimples during that encounter with the assassin?  You face off. Man to man.  And throw down the gauntlet.

5. How calculated and measured LY is in the face of danger.  He is KCE's equal if not better.

6. DKS is knocking it out of the ballpark for me in his acting.  The tone of his voice, his diction (where he puts in pregnant pauses with effect), his eyes.  The veiled menace in his speech with the CPrincess "spending a long time with you tonight"... He is not only worthy in love (with YS), he is worthy in battle (be it verbal stoushes, intellectual intrigue or martial art parries).  Who would've thought he could pack so much in that diminutive frame of his?  I am a fan for life. :)

Edited by nrllee
  • Like 17
  • LOL 1

I was not expecting another kiss TT and that close up of it gave me almost a heart attack. 

qv1qQGY.gif

I'm still recovering from it but it was beautiful :wub::wub::wub: (who knew kyungsoo-yah who knew :P

CPss and MY relationship is such a doomed-tragic love story. So much sadness in both their lives, and the only light, at least, for the CPss is MY. You could see that little smile she had on her way her home after meeting MY. I'm sure that he's the father. She denied it because she wants to protect him. Also the reason why she shot an arrow to him. That's my guess. 

Not really sure about his feelings. It could be either resposibility or gratitude, or mix of both but he has definitely feelings for her. Please writer-nim, give them a sort of happy ending 

Jeyoon-ah, I have done you wrong. You were working secretly. thank you. also taking care of eunuch yang, I was in tears when LY finally met him TT 

That riddle scene with the uncomfortable thing was a bonding moment for LY and him, right?! bromance here we come :D

Shoutout to HS's friends! they are awesome :) 

I'm going to watch ep14 again to catch all details especially with LY's diary. But that's what I got from the first view. 

Lastly, I don't know what to expect from the preview. For sure we'll have the showdown between KCE and LY. But HS and LY's part is rather gloomy??? 

And DAEBAK to the ratings, new record 12.7% average, and peaked at 14.3% 

• Like 11
7 hours ago, Jillia said:

Yes, it only does have 15 episodes. :)

From the english version of wiki, the no. of episodes is 15 (+1 special), each of 80 minutes.

But from the chinese version, the no. of episodes is 16, each of about 75 minutes.

And 1 special episodehas already aired before EP1.

So I am not sure if there are 15 or 16 episodes in total. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

So it looks like the "special episode" sounds more like an epilogue rather than a behind-the-scenes type thing? Does anyone know more info about this? I'm confused how everyone's phrasing it, 2 episodes left, 1 episode left...

• Like 7
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1
35 minutes ago, spark101 said:

So it looks like the "special episode" sounds more like an epilogue rather than a behind-the-scenes type thing? Does anyone know more info about this? I'm confused how everyone's phrasing it, 2 episodes left, 1 episode left...

Same here, I'm kinda confused with the 'special episode', but I think it's like 'Descendants of the Sun'. DOTS has 16 eps + 3 special episodes with total of 19eps. So I assume it's another whole episode that continues the story or just like what you said, probably more like an epilogue. I dont get why they still have to call it 'special' tho. Hello chingus, enlighten us please! :lol:

• Like 8
1 hour ago, spark101 said:

I get the feeling they will use it to fill in the blanks for us...the red bracelet, the story behind the baby's father, how HS met her adopted father etc.  I have had another thought about that whole encounter between CPrincess and MY which fits in with the thinking that MY is a man of honor (and he is not the baby's father). I will write more later when I have time. Busy right now.

• Like 8
2 hours ago, nrllee said:

Perhaps.  Guess we'll have to wait a week to find out... :lol:

To quote Yogi Berra, "It ain't over till it's over."  :D 

Anything could happen for sure, and I could be totally wrong.  You could be totally right.  That's the fun thing about waiting to see what happens on dramas; and it's the thing that makes them so fun to discuss.

By the way, I also thought that the dandelion was a huge clue (someone else mentioned this earlier).  ;)

.....editing to add that MyDramaList has this show as 16 1-hour/10-minute episodes.

So confusing!  I wish we knew how many more episodes were were getting.  Only one episode seems impossible to tell the rest of the story unless something dreadful happens and they do a Mr. Sunshine ending where everyone expires.  Please, no!

• Like 9
4 hours ago, thistle said:

Jo Hyun Shik is the actor who plays the eunuch Yang.  (Some may also remember that he played one of Chan's rowing buddies on Thirty But Seventeen.)  He may only do "bit" parts and side roles in dramas but, oh my, what an excellent actor!  It's like a gift to see someone who fulfills a role so well.  Others may earn their place simply because they are handsome or pretty or whatever while having only a little talent to call upon (we all know that there are many like that) but this guy is earning his stripes the hard way by being a true actor.  I applaud that hard work and talent.  Bravo, Jo Hyun Shik!

So much this. Tears were streaming down my cheeks during Yool’s reunion with Eunuch Yang. I felt like it was the first time since episode 1 that Yool met with someone from his palace days who actually cared for his life. His father seemed upset and sad for a while but since he’s been back, his father must have been torn between the queen’s plot for her son and Yool’s closeness with CE so I have yet to see from him show such genuine affection that Eunuch Yang has demonstrated towards Yool for coming back alive. I hope once everything is over with he’ll restore Yang to his position or grant him whatever reward he’d like.

As to the actor, I thought he was superb in the scene. I hope I see more of him before the end. Loved him in Still 17 too.

• Like 10
8 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

I have yet to see from him such genuine affection that Eunuch Yang has demonstrated towards Yool for coming back alive. I hope once everything is over with he’ll restore Yang to his position or grant him whatever reward he’d like.

The Prince never seemed to value Yang before but he surely cares now.  It's just another demonstration that he learned a lot about people during his village days.  Hopefully Yang gets the reward he so richly deserves.

• Like 11
  • Jillia changed the title to [Drama 2018] 100 Days My Prince / Hundred Days' Husband, 백일의 낭군님