[Drama 2018] 100 Days My Prince / Hundred Days' Husband, 백일의 낭군님

0ly40

29 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

Thanks to your friend, now I am 99.9% sure baby's daddy is MY

The only other reason now other than my stubborn will :lol: for not believing that it is MY...is that there have been way too many hints that MY is the baby's daddy...the red bracelet, the trysts, the dandelion puffs... I would not have doubted it if not for the fact that tvN put the other 2 up there as possibilities and got everyone wondering.  Why bother to when all the odds are stacked against the other 2 as possibilities?  That's kinda one outside factor raising the doubts in my mind.  Also, see how adamant HS is about her Brother MY being a man of honor?  She's already having serious doubts about him doing the unthinkable of killing people for a living...she is not going to welcome the fact that he knocked up CPrincess (even if it was a night of passion) - CPrincess was another man's wife!  How are they going to play happy families during family get togethers?  It would be terribly awkward.  Especially if we want to eventually see our OTP end up happily ever after.  Maybe that's what the Special Ep will feature... How all these loose ends will be tied up.  Honestly even if the baby isn't MY's, family gatherings with MY/ex CPrincess and HS/WD would prove Super awkward too?  Maybe they are more progressive than I am :lol:..  Well all will be revealed soon enough surely?

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watched the episode with subs.

Agree that the pacing is slow (at this point of the drama) when we know there are only two episodes left.

Memory back today so I am expecting

1. the realisation that KEC is a traitor

2. WD finding out the truth about baby (where on earth is Eunuch Yang? He seemed to have disappeared)

3. the truth about what happened to HS and her family to be revealed.

Question:

1. Why is it that it looks like KEC knows everything that's happening and can one-up the CP?

I do miss the villagers. I know WD can't go back to the village and spend time as a normal citizen there but I think at least he had some semblance of a normal life. I love Officer Park's reaction to finding out who WD really is. LOL.

As for Mr Dimples - I don't fault him for trying. If your rival is married and cannot be with HS, why not try to see if HS can love him? (We all know that it will not be possible, but put yourself in Mr Dimples position)

As for WD, even though he made a romantic declaration that he can't live without her (HS) but he is willing to have her as a concubine? What about what HS wants? I think he should know her well enough that she would never agree to this even though she loves him a lot.

At least most of the angst is over.

Now that WD knows who HS really is. He must really look into what happened to her family and this links back to KEC.

As for MY - if he is the baby daddy and knows the CPrincess is pregnant with his baby, I don't think he will let go that easily. And the CPrincess might actually do something beyond the control of her father.

In the two sageuks I loved (Moonlight Drawn by Clouds and Moon Embracing the Sun) , both second leads did not survive. I do hope that Mr Dimples will not commit the ultimate sacrifice too.

@nrllee Just do without the family gathering :lol: HS and her brother can continue meeting at the bridge every 15th of the month.

I really do think it's probably truly just a night of passion. Because it seems that MY does not know that the baby is his. That, I believe, is the other thing that he wanted to confirm with the CPss. So it wasn't that he helped her get pregnant for her to gain political advantage, and CPss also did not specifically ask for his help to get herself pregnant. It was an unplanned pregnancy. I guess if he knew the baby is his, he wouldn't have planned to leave. He started to think about this possibility when he was told CPss ordered the other guy to shoot him. He probably wondered a lot why she would do so.....

12 minutes ago, nrllee said:

Maybe that's what the Special Ep will feature... How all these loose ends will be tied up. 

There's a special episode? But there was one before Ep 1 aired tho :blink:

I'm actually kinda confused with the number of Episodes. Is it 15 Episodes + 1 special? 

I actually find it kind of weird that there are 15 episodes. This is really really rare in kdrama land. 

YDYX5ye.gif

3 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Anyhow, it is such simple scene yet so heartbreaking all the same... I wonder whether WD actually heard her sobbing or not :bawling:

When I was watching this scene I was like "LY jebal please just move forward and give her a back hug". I am sure LY would be heartbroken to see HS crying inconsolably at the corner.:tears:

Just a random thought. How come Mr Dimples can recognize the 2 thugs (from the bridge) so easily when he was searching for the Ming diplomat's daughter? Yet he can't recognize CP when he spent so much more time at the palace with CP than those thugs at the bridge? LOL.

12 minutes ago, Dramanoona said:

As for Mr Dimples - I don't fault him for trying. If your rival is married and cannot be with HS, why not try to see if HS can love him? (We all know that it will not be possible, but put yourself in Mr Dimples position)

I have and personally I wouldn't. A principled man would not do what he is doing.  He was LY's friend - or at least LY treated him as such.  That weird interchange where LY asked him about staying friends was loaded with meaning and innuendo.  WD/LY knew he had feelings for HS... "I thought you were my friend?"  And Dimples rather blunt reply, "Not any more because you are the CP".  That was weird coz it was fine to be friendly before HS came into the picture though?  Now no?  Because JY is saying "well bad luck for you, you were already married so she's fair game now".  A friend would not do that.  WD would certainly not do that. Atticus Finch would not either.  They have a strict moral compass they abide by that points true every time.  He won't be swayed by what's expedient or convenient - he will side with what's just and right.  It would be a terrible waste if LY abdicates and lives the simple life. Kings of his caliber are hard to come by. 

As  much as I do want the OTP to have a happy ending, I wish the same for MY and CPss. Their love story seems even more tragic than OTP. The daughter of the man who killed his parents. I think they can all have a happy family reunion after they realize that everything that happened isn't really in their control. CPss doesn't even love CP so there's no reason why HS should hate her. Also CPss father may be the villain but we know he was using her as his puppet to get what he wants and she honestly has little control as even her father is okay with her getting killed. Only MY saw and understood thing. Her brother also may have tried to kill CP but it was at the order of KEC. It would take time to heal all that happened but I believe they could all have a decent ending if only writer-nim can grant us that. It's been too sad the past episodes and drawing close to an end. My heart feels heavy.

I agree that Mr. Dimples wasn't utilized properly. Sad but true.

To be honest, the only scene where I felt Mr. Dimples is the second male lead is when he accompanied Hongshim in the bridge and they made a wish so Hongshim can see her brother soon. I find him charming and really nice in that scene.

But after that, I was like "Did Tvn just played on us, made us think Mr. Dimples is the second male lead, but it's actually Moo Yeon after all??" :lol::D

Hi Chingus

I have been silently lurking around the forum for weeks now.

A big hello to @Jillia and @stroppyse, partners in crime from our MDBC days. Still have so much feels and love for that drama. In fact this is the first drama that I have watched since then that has engaged me. Alright not to that degree but pretty close. I think I like how this dramas took a tested formula and tried to make it tell its own story with a different set of characters Kudos to the team, yes the editing in the first couple of episodes was choppy at times and the "how does she know won deuk again?!?" still defeats my logic. But on the whole, these are small issues and honestly, I've seen bigger plot holes, so this I can live with.

To be honest, I have been driven out of hiding for two reasons...one because honestly I love this drama :wub::wub: and wanted to join in the discussion and two, I just wanted to point out an elephant in the room that everyone is not discussing more....

In today's episode, when the ambassador's daughter said she did not care about wider geopolitical ramifications and was rather more interested in her own affairs, I thoughtabout the Crown Princess (CPss). Tbh, the CPss is worse, whether we sympathize with her or not, for me is not the issue. I am not really interested in whether she had a baby out of wedlock or what not, I am interested in the human cost that her actions have created. People have died because of her, innocent people and tbh, even though I find her pitiful and her treatment by her father harsh, that in no way excuses how complicit she has been to many a degree in his quest for power.

For me, the line is drawn when people die because of one's actions. And she has yet to show in any capacity whether she is capable of understanding the consequences of her actions beyond her immediate personal ones.

Okay rant over:ph34r: I will try to write more about CP's brother but ^_^ for now, hope we can discuss some of the points raised.

7 hours ago, hanamee said:

I agree that Mr. Dimples wasn't utilized properly. Sad but true.

To be honest, the only scene where I felt Mr. Dimples is the second male lead is when he accompanied Hongshim in the bridge and they made a wish so Hongshim can see her brother soon. I find him charming and really nice in that scene.

But after that, I was like "Did Tvn just played on us, made us think Mr. Dimples is the second male lead, but it's actually Moo Yeon after all??" :lol::D

Mr. Dimples is to 100 days what the CPrincess in waiting should have been in MDBC. Basically , writers had these ideas for them....but sadly too few episodes to flesh them out at all. MDBC it was basically because well...the OTP dominated the plot.(:wub::wub: not complaining AT ALL. Still my loves! And honestly with the plot threads they should not have bothered with a female 2nd lead, given how irrelevant in anyway she was to the overall plot but I digress from my point) ....here a little of more difficult to guess since its pre-produced and fan influence and user rating would have minimum impact. But still think its case of writer-nim getting ahead of themselves and basically having an oops moment

On the face recognition thing of Mr. Dimples, given up understanding that logic. They should have just said that Seja Chuha banned him from looking at his face -_- and THAT would have been at least logical since we could chalk the CP up as a narcissist which based on his turn as WD, he evidently has some traits off hidden inside somewhere.:phew:

8 hours ago, koreaboooo said:

As  much as I do want the OTP to have a happy ending, I wish the same for MY and CPss. Their love story seems even more tragic than OTP. The daughter of the man who killed his parents. I think they can all have a happy family reunion after they realize that everything that happened isn't really in their control. CPss doesn't even love CP so there's no reason why HS should hate her. Also CPss father may be the villain but we know he was using her as his puppet to get what he wants and she honestly has little control as even her father is okay with her getting killed. Only MY saw and understood thing. Her brother also may have tried to kill CP but it was at the order of KEC. It would take time to heal all that happened but I believe they could all have a decent ending if only writer-nim can grant us that. It's been too sad the past episodes and drawing close to an end. My heart feels heavy.

I have to be honest, I really don't pity the CPrincess beyond the general sense as a fellow human being. 

Complicit is a word I use for her. She may not have been in on everything but she sure as anything KNEW which way her bread was buttered and stuck to it. I just don't like people like her.....I am sorry for her. But a lot of people died because of her..and innocent people too. Those soldiers and maids KEC had murdered with the prince. I am pretty sure they had families out there. :tears::tears:

MY I am a lot more sympathetic to...if anyone was trapped in a trap, it was him.  He was the pawn and tool and I really really hope he doesn't die....I am sorry for him. Really, his love for CPrincess (which I really feel he does, if I'm wrong, then wokies) seems like a sort of stockholm syndrome more than anything or maybe they really loved each other in spite of shared experiences.?? who knowss, need to wait for writer-nim to divulge more details.:D:D

Just my two cents :)

@dramanoona

MY grew up in Crown Princess household, they may be secret childhood sweethearts? As CP never touched her she may use "their bond" to get him to help her get pregnant secretly?. Her father's influence on MY looks solid so it could be a daughter and father conspiracy to secure the throne?  Later to assassinate the Crown Prince, and even then kill-off MY?

47 minutes ago, PrincessMe2515 said:

I have to be honest, I really don't pity the CPrincess beyond the general sense as a fellow human being. 

Complicit is a word I use for her. She may not have been in on everything but she sure as anything KNEW which way her bread was buttered and stuck to it. I just don't like people like her.....I am sorry for her. But a lot of people died because of her..and innocent people too. Those soldiers and maids KEC had murdered with the prince. I am pretty sure they had families out there. :tears::tears:

MY I am a lot more sympathetic to...if anyone was trapped in a trap, it was him.  He was the pawn and tool and I really really hope he doesn't die....I am sorry for him. Really, his love for CPrincess (which I really feel he does, if I'm wrong, then wokies) seems like a sort of stockholm syndrome more than anything or maybe they really loved each other in spite of shared experiences.?? who knowss, need to wait for writer-nim to divulge more details.:D:D

Just my two cents :)

Indeed. I also think if she’s bold enough to have an affair and get pregnant, she should have been bold enough to run away with the baby daddy and stop getting other people drawn into her crime and getting them killed to cover up her tryst. She’s very much complicit in plotting with her father to assassinate Yul and then to plot against the other prince so that her offspring would be the next in line to the throne. Now she’s duping poor Yul making him think he’s the daddy to a child he never sired. Every time I see it I feel truly disgusted because it’s very different if he knew the truth and had accepted the child. 

It’s time Yul find out what KCE is after just like the Chinese diplomat hinted. He needs to get his memory back because KCE is finally making his move. May his plans end in his death and riddance from their world.

@triplem, I think the only tragic romance I love and painfully enjoyed was Lin Shu and Nihuang in Nirvana in Fire. Talk about the promise of a bright and prosperous couple getting snuffed out by the plots and cruelty of greedy old men.

Just now, ktcjdrama said:

And in a broad daylight under the bright sun too :lol:

Yeah, that was really weird because people can sense the presence of others that close even if we ignore the fact that the prince and the guard was right in plain view. :lol: I also thought the conversation Yul had with the Chinese diplomat could have easily been heard by the eunuchs attending them (KCE’s appointed people) because they were so close behind but I guess in their world people are a little deaf. 

4 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

And in a broad daylight under the bright sun too :lol:

Std drama trope. :D:)

7 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

Indeed. I also think if she’s bold enough to have an affair and get pregnant, she should have been bold enough to run away with the baby daddy and stop getting other people drawn into her crime and getting them killed to cover up her tryst. She’s very much complicit in plotting with her father to assassinate Yul and then to plot against the other prince so that her offspring would be the next in line to the throne. Now she’s duping poor Yul making him think he’s the daddy to a child he never sired. Every time I see it I feel truly disgusted because it’s very different if he knew the truth and had accepted the child. 

It’s time Yul find out what KCE is after just like the Chinese diplomat hinted. He needs to get his memory back because KCE is finally making his move. May his plans end in his death and riddance from their world.

Couldnt have said it better. EXactly! Whenever I see both her and Yul together, I am nauseated.

Archived