[Drama 2018] 100 Days My Prince / Hundred Days' Husband, 백일의 낭군님

0ly40

3 hours ago, thistle said:

Still watching today's episode and I just noticed a Baby Daddy Clue:

When CPrincess goes to sit by MY's bedside, she draws his hand towards her tummy.  

Classic pregnant mama move when she wants to make a connection between the baby and daddy.

Ermm...that's not what I saw in that scene...she moved his hand to check his pulse - coz that's what they did in those days to check on the patient?  But there is definitely something between them but I still feel it's a secret love or solidarity from being caged in by the politics around them.  That red bracelet he is wearing has some significance though - from her?

She was the one that asked the assassin Friend to shoot MY?  Which is why she tried to get him freed?  She asked him to keep the secret knowing that her Father will torture him for the truth... The secret that she got them to kill a nobleman's Son as a cover for the baby's Father?  Why shoot MY though?  To keep him by her side?

My money is still on Minister Jung being the baby's daddy.  I have a feeling he was using the letter as a test for Prince Seowon to see if he coveted the crown.  Turns out Seowon doesn't want to be involved, he bears no ill will to the CPrincess, he doesn't want her shamed or her baby dead so that he can ascend the throne.  I get the feeling that Jung is hedging his bets.  Either way he wins...if Seowon takes the throne, Minister Jung is still in power because he is on the Queen's side. Should CPrincess bear a son (which is his), he can switch sides and stay in power behind the scenes there too.  Kinda far fetched I know... But now that KCE seems to be on the losing side (he was shot in the last Ep), the balance of power seems to have shifted back to the Queen.

And I agree with @may6 LY needs to take his rightful place as the heir to the throne.  He would make a fine King.  CPrincess would not be able to be his queen though coz she has committed treason by sleeping with another...she would need a royal pardon to escape death...she may yet get her happy ever after with MY if she gets this.  Leaving her spot empty for HS (I forget her original name) to step in her place...she is of noble birth after all.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Lj said:

This is not what I mean he can still be a royal blood like when he was young, he was living in a noble house because they are royal family, and I believe that when he was young he was like playing a general. So I was thinking that he can still use his talent as the adviser of the crown prince and at the same time a doing his prince duty without any problem being containing in the palace because Hong Shim being a queen is like locking her in the palace as well and like what she said she is an independent woman, and living in the palace again will be power struggle as well and some will not like them again to rule the kingdom. 

I understand what you mean...but it still troubles me... and i don't necessarily agree with you...( its just my opinion..have that in mind ..i could be wrong for all i know) let me explain...I hope you know that i wasn't attacking you on any type of form.. with my previous post thought...one of the main reason why  LY cannot and most likely will not, go back to being just a mere prince... its linage...linage  plays an important aspect on this...he is the first born therefore he was automatically the crown prince of his nation...unless he was removed...but to be removed he had to had done something deem horrible and in those days he would have been force to drink poison ...(ohh i just notice i  have watch a fair amount of historical dramas:P) or to dissappear completely ...in that case ..stop being LY altogether...and go back to his false identity ...WD... and i adore WD but in essence he doesn't embody what  LY is all about ....so that's why i wrote and i guess you and me and some others as well...or at least i think we can all agree that having him living as WD is to lose a purpose for a personal gain and i just feel that the character of LY was planed with more in mind...like i said, i could be wrong ...and in case that i am, and he ends up living as WD...then i will have to accept it even though that scenario will really leave me very disappoint on the writing ...but that would have been that...anyhow, LY cannot support his brother and keep his identity  while living in luxury....even though this is a fusion historical drama....i don't  think the producers will diverge from the basic aspects of palace hierarchy and social structure...so they cannot keep LY alive and in the palace if he is not going to be LY the crown prince....and as for HS...yes  she is very independent ...but she is also living  under a false identity and for any type of punishment (toward her clan aggressors) to take place....she needs to step forward and be YS...and YS is a noble not a commoner ....i think she blends well in the village... but my heart tells me that she doesn't belong there altogether ....yes she got used to living an ordinary life there, but that doesn't mean that she has lead a completely free life... instead i think is quite the opposite...with her having to hide who she really is all the time...and not having any one to really depend upon until WD came along...( her dad for me gives her another type of support ,refer to ep 9 i dont want to stay in this point for too long)plus also having to hide her other abilities ...i would say she has lived her life with conformity but necessarily happiness...she reads and writes and i believe that she as well needs people to stimulate her...the villagers are her friends but she cannot be completely herself when she is around them...an another thing...if she was ready to leave with MY to another place...why can't she leave to live in the palace...living in hiding is not much different...plus with her morals and helping hand...what a wonderful queen she could be...and that doesn't necessary mean she has to stay put in a place like a prisoner...im incline to believe than her and LY will go incognito at times for walks and things like that...and LY will let her do whatever she wants , so if she wants to be independent and help the needy and the poor outside ...i don't see him stoping her...well  this is just my 2 cents on thing for now...and its just again  my  opinion...i totally respect yours...because  that's just it...until the episode airs ...we really do not know much...we can just speculate...:blush:

26 minutes ago, nrllee said:

Ermm...that's not what I saw in that scene...she moved his hand to check his pulse - coz that's what they did in those days to check on the patient?  But there is definitely something between them but I still feel it's a secret love or solidarity from being caged in by the politics around them.  That red bracelet he is wearing has some significance though - from her?

She was the one that asked the assassin Friend to shoot MY?  Which is why she tried to get him freed?  She asked him to keep the secret knowing that her Father will torture him for the truth... The secret that she got them to kill a nobleman's Son as a cover for the baby's Father?  Why shoot MY though?  To keep him by her side?

My money is still on Minister Jung being the baby's daddy.  I have a feeling he was using the letter as a test for Prince Seowon to see if he coveted the crown.  Turns out Seowon doesn't want to be involved, he bears no ill will to the CPrincess, he doesn't want her shamed or her baby dead so that he can ascend the throne.  I get the feeling that Jung is hedging his bets.  Either way he wins...if Seowon takes the throne, Minister Jung is still in power because he is on the Queen's side. Should CPrincess bear a son (which is his), he can switch sides and stay in power behind the scenes there too.  Kinda far fetched I know... But now that KCE seems to be on the losing side (he was shot in the last Ep), the balance of power seems to have shifted back to the Queen.

And I agree with @may6 LY needs to take his rightful place as the heir to the throne.  He would make a fine King.  CPrincess would not be able to be his queen though coz she has committed treason by sleeping with another...she would need a royal pardon to escape death...she may yet get her happy ever after with MY if she gets this.  Leaving her spot empty for HS (I forget her original name) to step in her place...she is of noble birth after all.

Haha, are you me? I echo your thoughts. Minister jung actually seems to be the most shady. 

And I third the notion that the throne is LY's rightful place. Otherwise, it would feel that he hasn't fulfilled his "destiny". To be a good king for the people and all that. 

And HS's real name is yi seo. :)

And can I say that I really like how this drama explores the whole concept of love.  It completely tosses out the argument that you have to be madly in love BEFORE you get hitched.  Yes HS and WD had history but when they entered into the marriage (it was very much arranged) neither were madly in love with the other.  It puts the horse before the cart.  You can fall in love with the one you are married to already.  Marriage is the commitment, the promise.  I think WD keeps reinforcing this to HS "I am your husband", this is how it's supposed to work.  The feelings come after the commitment.  He learns how to "Husband" taking various anecdotes from GuDol - fails miserably on some fronts but take away point is that he is trying, he is undeterred by his inadequacies and others making fun of him and forges on, he doesn't give up, he stays true to the task of 'husbanding'.  He chooses to act like her husband because it is the right thing to do (he is a man of his word), not because he 'feels' like doing it.  It's self sacrificial, it's reliable, it's timeless.  It's VERY sexy - how could HS not fall in love?  He is a man of conviction.  Mr Dimples (Bingle) has nothing on WD (Darcy) I'm afraid...yes I am extremely prejudiced. :lol:

And I love that whilst he makes his intentions VERY clear, he does not force himself on her.  He wants her to come to him of her own volition.  He leaves countless little breadcrumbs along the way but he wants her to follow them and voluntarily open that door herself (Night Open Door) - making her totally believe that it was HER decision in the first place.  You can almost hear him laughing at her secretly as he waxes hot and cold leaving her totally flustered and confounded.  O WD, soon to be LY, you leave me very prejudiced indeed..in a good way :lol:

“Vanity and pride are different things, though the words are often used synonymously. A person may be proud without being vain. Pride relates more to our opinion of ourselves, vanity to what we would have others think of us.” 
― Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

EDIT- okay I am leaving hanboks and straw shoes and heading into the cloak and dagger world of espionage now...Terius Behind Me... Till next time.

Only had time to leisurely watch the episode with subs now....

With just one kiss, the rain came down like that... what will happen when happang finally took place? :P

WD loves to tease HS, let's count how many times he teased her in the first 15 minutes despite him mulling over his identity:

- reason why he came back even though he likes Hanyang. HS (and us) expectantly wait to hear a romantic answer, but WD said it's because of the money he owed the little boy.

- you wash first -- no, you first -- no, you first -- let's wash together -- no, no, no, I'll wash first

- holding out his arms like asking for a hug, when HS appeared a bit shy -- why are the sleeves uneven?

- I'm gone 4 days, I understand that you miss me, you want to touch me, talk to me. But unless you plan on sleeping here... HS hurried back to the other room, but we know she is disappointed, ha!

:lol: cheeky WD. And I love how he maintains his regal manners/speech in his interactions with people.

HS knew he lied about wasting time finding his ways in Hanyang because it is too big.

28 minutes ago, nrllee said:

And I love that whilst he makes his intentions VERY clear, he does not force himself on her.  He wants her to come to him of her own volition.  He leaves countless little breadcrumbs along the way but he wants her to follow them and voluntarily open that door herself (Night Open Door) - making her totally believe that it was HER decision in the first place.  You can almost hear him laughing at her secretly as he waxes hot and cold leaving her totally flustered and confounded.  O WD, soon to be LY, you leave me very prejudiced indeed..in a good way :lol:

I love you, chingu.

12 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

With just one kiss, the rain came down like that... what will happen when happang finally took place? :P

WD loves to tease HS, let's count how many times he teased her in the first 15 minutes despite him mulling over his identity:

- reason why he came back even though he likes Hanyang. HS (and us) expectantly wait to hear a romantic answer, but WD said it's because of the money he owed the little boy.

- you wash first -- no, you first -- no, you first -- let's wash together -- no, no, no, I'll wash first

- holding out his arms like asking for a hug, when HS appeared a bit shy -- why are the sleeves uneven?

- I'm gone 4 days, I understand that you miss me, you want to touch me, talk to me. But unless you plan on sleeping here... HS hurried back to the other room, but we know she is disappointed, ha!

:lol: cheeky WD.

And I love you too.

Your posts made me fall in love with WD even more deeper, now. Made me scared what if they give us a sad ending later? I'm terrified.:frown:

this drama is so fluffy and cute and warm... everything I need. 

I can't wait for Yul to be discovered. Since that is inevitable. Once that is finished and all palace drama is left behind... Yul would still need to win over Hongshim when she comes to know that the king had a hand in her father death. That will be heartbreaking for both. 6 more eps to go!!!!

I think Mr Dreamy Dimples will know that WD is CP after this. I wish both of them will tell HS the truth about ( i think both of them planned it together the archery target practice). 

Im bit sad that WD keep it to himself about his memories.. as if he didnt want HS to know whereas HS have the capacity to handle the truth.

3 hours ago, nrllee said:

And can I say that I really like how this drama explores the whole concept of love.  It completely tosses out the argument that you have to be madly in love BEFORE you get hitched.  Yes HS and WD had history but when they entered into the marriage (it was very much arranged) neither were madly in love with the other.  It puts the horse before the cart.  You can fall in love with the one you are married to already.  Marriage is the commitment, the promise.  I think WD keeps reinforcing this to HS "I am your husband", this is how it's supposed to work.  The feelings come after the commitment.  He learns how to "Husband" taking various anecdotes from GuDol - fails miserably on some fronts but take away point is that he is trying, he is undeterred by his inadequacies and others making fun of him and forges on, he doesn't give up, he stays true to the task of 'husbanding'.  He chooses to act like her husband because it is the right thing to do (he is a man of his word), not because he 'feels' like doing it.  It's self sacrificial, it's reliable, it's timeless.  It's VERY sexy - how could HS not fall in love?  He is a man of conviction.  Mr Dimples (Bingle) has nothing on WD (Darcy) I'm afraid...yes I am extremely prejudiced. :lol:

“Vanity and pride are different things, though the words are often used synonymously. A person may be proud without being vain. Pride relates more to our opinion of ourselves, vanity to what we would have others think of us.” 
― Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

EDIT- okay I am leaving hanboks and straw shoes and heading into the cloak and dagger world of espionage now...Terius Behind Me... Till next time.

love your post and I couldn't agree more TT 

That what MY told WD was not what I expected but it made an equal impact on WD. It actually made me sad.

I was missing the scene where WD and HS were at the market with him posing cool (based on the preview from previous week)... Guess that will come next week...?

And We're going Kokobop in hanbok!!! I can't wait :D

NJH used hashtag "group chat went wild" LOL 

Here's the translation 

1 hour ago, Dramanoona said:

And I thought MY revealed a lot to WD ... but he was being his stoic reticent self.

SIGH.

Yes i agree with u.. i come to realise.. their problems were mostly due to lack of communication or too poetry communication. 

So what are your thoughts about the arrow shooting scene? Why would Dimples even suggest such dangerous activity? It seems that it was WD's idea though, because the last conversation they had, Dimples was like asking WD what would a smarter person do to win the favor of Park? It implied that the arrow shooting was WD's answer for the idea of a better way to curry favor Park. WD is done with Dimples after they caught the dog, and was about to leave, no reason to follow him to the arrow shooting place and help set up the place. I can accept that they were in agreement that Dimples would purposely miss the target. But to allow Park to take over the bow and arrow.... What was Dimples thinking?? What was WD thinking?? I'm really confused. Because knowing WD, he would protest against the arrangement, but not one word of protest from him, when earlier he was still lecturing Dimples. Maybe it will be revealed later... since when HS demanded reason from Dimples, he answered that he had his own reasons, which is to get Park to do something for him. Was WD in with this plan all along??

I am also confused by the arrow scene except that it was a plot device to have WD regain his memories. (which I am very sure now he knows who he is and doesn't want to leave HS)

Even if Magistrate Dimples had shot the arrow and purposefully missed, what were they going to do with lecher Park? Hmm...

Sharing a favourite scene - swoon-worthy what he said to her....and the scoring violin score.

LdOf4w.gif

PS. reminded me of a similar scene in Moonlight in the Clouds too where the CP lay on the female lead's lap.

O-ho. They kissed like that and ran in the rain to what looked like the windmill aka make-out house and they just sat there?

I was also wondering the same as HS - why didn't they just go home and sit? Perhaps, like me, she was expecting something to happen. Are they trying to communicate intention here but WD's logic got in the way? Most parts of the show between the two leads feel that way.

Though i rather like this build-up where both leads are obviously feeling a lot more than they are willing to speak, the tension can get weary. WD is guarded, stoic and is so thrifty with words that I would like someone to hit him on the head so more words would roll out. They just need the Umcomfy's permission. However, I do like the contrast against HS's earnest, direct, carefree spirit - we all know the importance of being earnest, don't we? :)

But when he decides to speak plainly, the words are like music to my ears. I am happy with the last few mins of ep 10, more so if anything had happened at the windmill.

NJH already gave a spoiler that the next week episode will be filled with tears hiks.. already kan forseen that.. in my point of view, the arrow scenes were JJY and WD plot to gain Mr park favor. And since Mr park is like to show off, they let them take the bow knowing that he'll just scare WD and not really hurt him. It is just WD did not realize that it'll also trigger his memories back.

In the preview for the 11th episode, there is WD voice over about someone that already dead but he cannot erase from his memories. I think that was YIS (HS), that's why he's crying. And HS crying scene is when WD is gone since he told WD in the voice over mode also "we're happy, don't chase your memory, don't go"

41 minutes ago, latuadi said:

In the preview for the 11th episode, there is WD voice over about someone that already dead but he cannot erase from his memories. I think that was YIS (HS), that's why he's crying. And HS crying scene is when WD is gone since he told WD in the voice over mode also "we're happy, don't chase your memory, don't go"

Maybe the person he is remembering who is dead is his mom?  Or maybe he thinks Hong is dead when she really isn't--after all, the Prince appeared to be dead but he wasn't.  Maybe someone has told a lie or created a scenario to force the Prince back to the palace.  I just really don't want to think that Hong would be dead.

2 minutes ago, thistle said:

Maybe the person he is remembering who is dead is his mom?  Or maybe he thinks Hong is dead when she really isn't--after all, the Prince appeared to be dead but he wasn't.  Maybe someone has told a lie or created a scenario to force the Prince back to the palace.  I just really don't want to think that Hong would be dead.

I'm not saying current HS.. but YIS that by far known by CPLY already dead and actually it is HS, the women he married as WD (you love someone that already dead and that dead person actually the current women you married with but you did not know that it was actually the dead women you love before #complicated #headache). 
The opening act with age restriction also CPLY closed his eyes while HS in front of him, i think that was him imagining what if HS seat in front of him smiling while he didn't smile at all.

13 minutes ago, latuadi said:

#complicated #headache

:lol:  Very complicated!  But I do understand what you mean.  

We're right at the point in this drama where things tend to fall apart now that the relationship has come together.  It's dramatic tension.  I'm sure we will somehow have a happy ending.

Archived