[Drama 2018] 100 Days My Prince / Hundred Days' Husband, 백일의 낭군님

0ly40

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Late to the party so I have to take a while before I can be of use to ongoing discussions.  Only to say that I have been pleasantly surprised by this drama.  I came in with zero expectations...never seen Do KyungSoo act before and Nam JiHyun I have only watched in Suspicious Partner.  And I must admit I was hoping for an easy ride with no complicated plot lines and a bit of fun.  So far, it's been a comfortable (as opposed to WonDeuk's constant expressions of discomfort :lol:) ride.  I really like DKS and his intensity on screen.  He's not the tallest of actors and diminutive compared to the other men in the drama but his focus and intensity gets me every time.  But one thing I will say after reading the last few pages, I will have to agree with @bebebisous33 - I do sense the Crown Princess' baby is fathered by Prince Seowon.  I like Mr Dimples too.  Although the bit about his inability to recognize faces was a tad left field...I wonder if it has anything at all to add to the story line?  

The story board editing was somehow off to me for Episode 7’s episode but I find each execution good and needed.  But there’s too much revelation as each one character is playing detective and hide/seek. My observation and questions:

- continuing from last week, WD’s muscle memory of fighting using a stick just like how he combat the brother assasin. (He’s being so savage while lecturing his opponents. hahahahha; even brag to his wife his coolness).  Did HS recognized WD’s fighting skills from palace because she came from a family of swordsmen protecting royal family? She pushed her sfather to speak up as she was bothered by the fighting skills specially she witness WD’s archery skills? If her speculation is true then she is thinking the people who killed her family is just around the corner and will hunt her and now she worries for her brother’s safety too. 

-  WD’s muscle memory of playing detective is doing good things for him now. He’s finding out while his “prince life” memory is somewhere in his memory cells that the one he has been waiting for so long is still alive. He also thinks that HS seems to be from noblehood. Wow my thoughts were correct that HS has been shifting her speaking language from dialect to noble language. Watching Historical drama in the past helps. HS knows how to read and later in the series he can confirm that she can write as well. Where did WD bought the ledger? Did I missed something? WD also noticed how come HS knows something about the Royal Inspector.

-  For the first time I would like to ship WD and HS to consumate their marriage so Hong Shim can be reinstated to Noblehood even after WD will returns to the palace. I thought it will happen when they sleep in the pub-motel. 

Predictions:
-  A noble man died but I still believe one of the two is the baby daddy —Soek Ha Brother Assasin or the Prince Saewon.

I believe Crown Princess has her own plan separate from her father
-   “Mr Dimples” as the real person was used for publicity stunt of the series. Hahaha Gu Dol, Soek Ha have more screen time than him. Hahhaaha

-  Brother Assasin will protect the Prince from now on and the bow released by the brother will not hit HS and WD. 

HS and WD will not consumate their marriage as HS knows something already. But can I hope they will?

(Note: edited the font size. sorry everyone)

OMG!!!!!!!!!! what an episode tonite!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. i think MY is the baby daddy.  I think the princess fell in love with MY since he treated her like a human atleast unlike her father.

2. He is being killed/yet to by evil minister in this ep

3.HS is helping WD to get back his memories

4. No happang tonite

5.WD birthday bash was the best today

6.The queen and the prince sewon deposed

I thought how will the evil minister accept easily for MY's leaving since he know all the secrets/truth about him.  

But looking forward to a super dooper kiss in the next episode.  But have to wait a week for that:cold_sweat:

Spoiler

yfz3x0g.gif

34 minutes ago, pad-hari said:

I thought how will the evil minister accept easily for MY's leaving since he know all the secrets/truth about him.  

I think MY's involved too deep in the evil minister's conspiracy.  Looks like the minister will order him killed after MY's completed the major dirty works, when MY's resourcefulness becomes totally consumed.

MY might have already guessed this; he might just be trying to buy himself sometime by doing what's been asked.  This way he could keep the minister off guard while secretly think of ways of he and his sister fleeing together.

Sadly, it seems MY would ultimately sacrified his own life for HS....:bawling:

On 9/27/2018 at 6:57 AM, Dramanoona said:

And look at his face as he leaves. That imperceptible swallow as he walks away.

Plus his sexy sageuk voice. (Or is it just me?)

I am also now intrigued by MY.

Ah @Dramanoona I think i might know why you like MY so much, he does have a cunning resemblance to your YSY right there.....:heart: although i must say i miss snoopy   :blush: with flying hearts...PS ( sorry this comment is so late and im  wayyyyy behind on my reading) and in regards to MY surviving this drama i will have to agree with you...man ...:cold_sweat: his life is complicated ..either he saves LY from whatever tragedy awaits him, saves his sister, kill KC or kills himself along with the crown princess ( cross  the last one out, i don't think he has it in him to kill her, but who knows...i was going to say that i don't think he has in in him to kill woman...but then i was reminded of the nurse ) ...i honestly did not wanted them to go around the pregnancy this way because now it makes me feel bad for the unborn child , YS being the aunt, LY being in love with YS who happens to be the sister of the baby's daddy ,who's mother is legally marry to LY...ohhh god what a mix of relationships...and on another note,   im not quite sure if the crown princess just wants her baby to survive, or if the baby is just a tool for her ultimate ambition ...in that case she has to be punished ...but how do we pushed the mother , save the baby , save our conscious  and reestablish relationships .... will she have to die along with the baby....i can only see 2 things happening....either she kills herself....or she leaves her ambition behind...joins forces with LY and company...fakes her dead and she leaves the palace with a save baby on her hands ....

1 hour ago, nrllee said:

I like Mr Dimples too.  Although the bit about his inability to recognize faces was a tad left field...I wonder if it has anything at all to add to the story line?  

maybe the fact that if he cant recognize faces, will make him unable  to recognize LY face now that he seems to be heading toward the village..

4 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

As for the consummation night, I am all for it because this is exactly what LY/WD needs. If they don't have sex, once they realize his true identity, he can never claim her as his wife, especially since he was acting under a different name. If she has really become his woman, later he can still claim her as his wife, even if it was under a false name... moreover, this would underline the difference in his "marriage" with the Crown princess. He never had sex with her and even his own father warned him... he needed to sleep with KEC's daughter in order to become official.    

Hello @bebebisous33, it's been awhile since our last chat. I'm back and I'm happy reading your theory.

I agree with the need of consummation night.  I hope it will happen next week. Let the kiss happen early in the the ep 9 and the consummation happen in ep 10. 

@may6

Haha... I think MY is a mix of Woo Do Hwan and Song Jae Rim.

Anyways, if the CPrincess is ambitious enough, she can be like the Queen in Moonlight in the Clouds - to sacrifice her own baby girl for a baby boy (born of a lady's maid) , just so that she can keep her position.

For MY - he has attempted to kill the CP which is already a crime (even if it was under orders from the evil minister)

For that crime, he would definitely face a death penalty because I don't think that even if the CP forgives him, the court may not.

And if he dies on the CP's (WD) orders, then I would find it difficult for HS to forgive him (CP)

I would think that MY would die gallantly, maybe protecting his sister and the CP.

Ha! I've missed WD's "Oh-Ho!!" and "It's uncomfortable"... :D

Guess we really don't get our happang tonight, but okay, at least we're getting a kiss next week...

Oh my *facepalm*... is MY really the father of the baby?? Like what @may6 said, that's gonna be some messy relationship there.... Who shot MY? His fellow black-suit? KCE's men?.... And whose hand did MY bring back? It's rather out of character for KCE to trust him just like that and gave him permission to leave. So my guess is that KCE's men that shot the arrow. Probably the CPss will end up denying her pregnancy by CP so as to save MY? maybe she truly is moved by him and had feelings for him? Gosh, my speculations are heading towards makjang....

I don't know if I got this right coz the preview was moving too fast...so correct me If I'm wrong....but are they trying to install WD as the fake crown prince coz he resembles CP so much....:huh:

Story moving along.....a bit slowly for me. Editing does not help.....took me out of the story quite a few times with its abrupt scene changes. I know they have to keep both the village and the palace tracks parallel but it doesn't need to be so jarring....no need to cut a scene in two parts like that.....you can finish a scene and then move on, you know. Especially if the scene does not require any suspense. If you drag out scenes like that people like me will get distracted easily.

So for now my vote for baby daddy goes to MY again. Just the way they talked today.....I saw something between them. These discussions we keep having about the baby daddy makes be think we are watching a Reply series or something.....instead of "who's the husband" we play "Who's the baby daddy":lol:

Crown princess is playing a double game with her dad. In one she does as he says.....on other hand she seems to be working towards bringing him down. If I'm right it's a pity she didn't confide in LY and made him her ally. 

One thing that makes me bored with the palace scenes is that they have given KCE too much power.....there seems to be no one who can threaten him and his position. If you say LY was the one...I'll say no....no matter how much he hated and was against KCE...LY was not actively working to bring him down...if he was we haven't been shown any hint of it.

The Queen doesn't seem to have a strong enough backing to go against KCE either.

The King is perfectly aware his son never consummated with his wife.....and now he's been pressured into accepting the CPss child as his heir...coz thats what KCE wants.

If they are trying to show that when LY comes back he'll become a major threat to KCE....then they should have laid the ground work for that before CP lost his memories and became WD. At least then we will know that after LY goes back he has his supporters to help him take down KCE ....this way......LY will have to start from the beginning ....and what little power he tries to wield will be curbed by his scaredy cat daddy.    

42 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

Ha! I've missed WD's "Oh-Ho!!" and "It's uncomfortable"... :D

Me too!! Me too!! :love: He only said one "Oh ho!" in this episode. Looks like our WD is getting very comfy with HS

Even though Mr Dimple cant recognize the face of WD/LY as the CP,  surely he can remember his "Oh Ho" voice! :lol:

Something minor that I'm wondering about (isn't it often the minor stuff that we should notice?):  Hong's dad.  Is he really just taking care of stuff on the mountain?

Hong's dad sneaks off in the middle of the night to dig up the Prince's clothes that he buried when he found him.  Dad was gone for a while after that and didn't exactly give an explanation for where he had been; he just alluded to his duties on the mountain.

He generally seems to know a whole lot of extra bits of information on many matters and also seems to slink away at certain times, presumably "to the mountain."  

Now he seems to understand Hong's background, and it seems fair to assume that he's been protecting her all this time.  Maybe he also knows more about the prince than he is letting on?  Maybe Dad has some links to power.

I am thinking we're gonna find up that Dad has been up to something.

I earlier said that episode 7 story board seems off. Episode 8 straighten everything up so it could properly but quickly transition to the bigger picture. Two thumbs up writernim! It’s not dragging like a regular Saeguk drama! 

- Now I have a gut feeling I know that it was the Vice Minister’s doing that the killed past king and its also VM’s doing he became unlove-violent by/to his people. He installed the brother-King-now so he could do the request to seat above  royalhood without responsibility of royalhood. I think the past King tried his best to shoo away VP that’s why they had him killed together with YS/SH’s father.  I personally think also that King now is not the first choice prince that’s why he sided before to VM because of his greed to be recognized.  He allowed his beloved first wife to suffer the cause of his greediness.  I hope he can redeem himself as has been struggling as a puppet King.  By the way, the King knew the Princess’ child is not his LY’s child.  He knew that he never consumated his marriage. He knows his son well. He is afraid of his eyes. He remembers the scene where his son came in to him before the ritual.  I think that’s the bargain he took — to accept the child as legitimate to save his queen and son since he does not know yet his LY is still alive. I think he considered his other prince child thoughts too. So I think he has still have his heart. 

Something to note:

- MY has been wounded with an arrow: but not dead but he for sure cannot meet his sister to runaway; but he cannot protect HS as he recovers. But whose doing VM or Crown Princess? And he had coupulate with her to be pregnant that’s his big task. But one thing for sure HS/YS will be protected by his two companion whose very loyal to him. So even he is recuperating HS will be protected. But waaah I want more screen time for Mr Assasin.  He’s the best friend who falls in love with lady protagonist of Secret Romance. Going back but ultimately in the end he will be punished by the LY but his heart will soften for YS sake. Does Mr Assasin loves Crown Princess? 

- Again, I commend how the writernim wrote what’s Amnesia all about. Amongst to any amnesia related drama WD’s case is the best. He recollects all his memories he recently created and the painful memories where somewhere in there.  His muscle memory is working but needs to be stimulated to remember.  His head will literally feel pain if he remembers some painful situation and one thing for sure if he regains his memory he will remember everything but will be unfamiliar at first. The muscle memory works like a pro especially if he does that activity all the time in the past. 

- Evil will win at first but in the end good will over power.  VM thought of evil for Mr Dimples yet he assigned him in the village where he could protect his prince and his lady love he will never get. By the way the gisaeng lady I wonder if she died?But I like her because she looks like an assasin too. her cute eyes turns dark and so good acting. Such a short screen time she made an impact.  Mr Dimples is the concubine son of the Queen Brother? Isn’t he too young? hahahah. He’s Descendant of the Sun’s Harry Potter. Hahahah. 

- finally, I wrote early my notes now because I think I will forget my notes because of the preview of 9 — the kiss gave me a heart attack. I am not prepared for Kyu Soong to have such scene. I’ve seen NJH with KHN/JCW and that gave me heart attack too.  She was a child actress in Lee Seon Jin’s Shadowless Sword and Kang Haneul’s love interest and young version of lead cast of angel eyes.  Hahahah. But as she said in her interview its all about acting. Seungho did wonderful kissing scenes. 

So as for DKS I watched him in all of his actor activities but nearest kisses I saw was the thumb kiss and still kiss. All was about being pyschopath, haha killer, etc. He is a good actor and he delivered well even the cute do not touch a hair in my body and now I want to consume our marriage. Hahhaa. Okay next week I will see Mr Dimples althouh will be hurt physically and  his heart. I will see less of Mr Assasin. waaahhhhh. 

Edit:

- HS didn’t react surprised when WD told her that she’s from Noble family because she knew also now that she’s from Royal Guard (and not yet the The Crown Prince). Hehehe. 

Archived