Quantcast
0ly40

[Drama 2018] 100 Days My Prince / Hundred Days' Husband, 백일의 낭군님

1 minute ago, j9sshi said:

@Jillia, gurl, you had me literally laughing out loud with your first paragraph in your comments about the first part of ep 5. Coming from a medical background, I've rolled my eyes so much with some of these things in kdramas,  I'm learning to look past it for the dramas sake.....

You would think they would want him to get him get his memory back, but that would mean he would leave if he does, which is the fear that HS has in the previews....

I'm one of those who would rather see more of the village happenings - however eye rolling they may be ;) , but it's still 'all good' if we disagree. :)

I'm a HEA kinda gal, so with a 15 ep drama and 1 special here's hoping these two will end up together. In my mind, I'm hoping the opening scene in episode 1 will be LY staging his own death on purpose so he can go live with HS. (One can only wish right?):)

I was actually more tame in my post than I was feeling while watching. :lol:  Like don't get me wrong I've watched a lot of dramas and I can look passed a lot and even in this drama I look passed a lot. But at the same time this drama is raising expectations and doesn't fulfill them. If they do for other viewers that's great and I wouldn't be writing two posts on this episode if I didn't care about the drama itself. I'm known for dropping dramas left and right when they're bad, so there is something in this drama that brings me to write down my thoughts and feelings. But it does have only 15 episodes and I don't want to be in that village until episode 14... not even for the next two weeks I want to be there. They can't resolve the power shifting within the last 2 or 3 episodes. :) That's my point overall.

I think the village scenes would be great if they were as equally engaging written as the palace scenes and there is maybe one or two scenes which I thought were great. I understand when people are not interested in the palace scenes but honestly: the real deal is happening there and when episodes 5 established anything then it's the urgency of Lee Yul to come back as quickly as possible.

Like can we move his education to become a future good king after he gained back the power and after punishing the traitors? :)

• Like 11

2 hours ago, Jillia said:

The scene between Moo Yeon and Kim Cha Eon. So intense. I swear they have more on-screen chemistry than the romance between Hong Shim and Won Deok. Also this - my weakness I know he is bad but far more complex than hungry Lee Yul:

ROFL Hey @Jillia, you do rather like intense bad boys, don't you?  I'm usually not into the bad boys, but I think it's telling that in this production, I've probably spent more time wondering about MY than about almost any other character. What happened to him after he led the chasers away from YS? How did he become an assassin in KCE's employ. He's not just the bad guy who owes ultimate loyalty to an evil guy because the evil guy rescued him from the slums and became father figure, which is the trope usually used to explain loyal assassin minions in kdramas, I feel, if they bother explaining it at all.

Other characters have similar lack of details in their background or characterization, but I am fascinated by MY. Plus my sinking feeling that MY may be the one character that comes to an unfortunate end in this production, though I still hope I'm wrong.

Also, I totally agree on the unconditional love between the siblings MY and YS which makes me even more curious about what MY is doing. MY is also not stupid or blindly loyal. I had been thinking that MY knew who killed his father, but now I'm curious as to whether he really does know, or whether he's been thinking that it was all the King's orders that caused his father's death and his family's downfall.

The energy does rather crackle between KCE and MY, but actually, the actor playing KCE, Jo Seung Ha, is so amazing. He did the creepiest preacher-scammer character in Rescue Me that still gives me shudders remembering. KCE is the one who elevates the palace shenanigans into brooding malevolent encounters, so not sure how much of it is actually MY's character. In episode 6 there is an encounter between KCE and the Crown Princess that just crackles.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

@Jillia ep 5 part 2 :joy::joy: :joy:Woo Lawd!

Thanks for making me laugh today! I'm loving your rants.  You do have some valid points though. (I think that's another reason I find it funny - I'm thinking "you right, you right":D, I just like the way you are presenting it.)

I'll drop a kdrama in a minute too if I don't like where it's going. 

Looking forward to seeing what you think about ep 6 :)

Edited by j9sshi
Additions
  • Like 5
  • LOL 2

@Jilliavlcsnap-2018-09-26-17h43m15s352.png

Since this man is a guest of the lord, we have to assume that Lord Park asked him to make the woman fall on purpose. He knew that HS would intervene and defend her friend. First, he knew that HS would come to work there, notice that Park blamed HS for her behaviour and as an apology, she should serve him. In the end, his real goal was to get close to HS and at some point he would have dragged her to his room. If HS had served the expensive soup, HS would have accused the guy for making her fall, asking another woman to serve the soup was better as they knew that her friend would never defend herself properly. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

I am still thinking that since the Crown princess is well aware that she is observed by her enemies, she decided to find a scapegoat for the identity of the father's child. Her father told her that he wanted to hear the news about the death of a nobleman. I am more inclined to believe that her lover is LY's brother and she doesn't wish his death... hence she needs to frame someone else in order to dupe KCE. 

Since MY declared that he only needs to do one more thing (sort one more thing out), I doubt that MY is somehow responsible for the pregnancy.

@stroppyse I do think that YYS started loving LY in her childhood because she has never forgotten that proposal from him. She didn't like him first but she came to like him because he showed a good disposition: he felt remorseful for abandoning her and came back to her rescue, he got hurt because of her... when he came back to bring her that piece of tissue, she was happy to see him. She kept his identity hidden from her brother and her father which underlines that LY had impressed her later.  

Oh that would be clever of the Crown Princess. Now I am hoping she really did leave the letter to find a scapegoat instead of trying to send a message to her baby daddy, which I think is more apparent that it maybe LY's stepbrother since MY is out in the village trying to find the Crown Prince. It's not normal how much LY's stepbrother actually cares and worries about the Crown Princess. There is definitely something there. Will Kim try to kill him though if he really is found out to be the baby daddy? So that there won't be any other heir but the one his daughter is carrying to forward the lineage?

Hmm..is this what Kim is trying to do by implicating the Queen of killing LY? Kill off the Queen and the stepbrother too?

I agree with you 100% that HS started loving LY in her childhood just like LY. It took her time is all while LY's was quick to fall for her. Which explains why she almost went to her knees after hearing about his death. She also drank and then drunkenly told WD that the Prince('s death) is one of the reasons why she drank. If she has always known that the little boy who proposed to her became the Crown prince, then her comment on the Prince being dumb  after the announcement of all bachelors and bachelorettes marrying, came from personal interaction and experience instead of just anger and exasperation. After all she herself called him dumb many times in their childhood.

• Like 7

Episode 6

This episode is already off to a better start because it starts with... Moo Yeon. :P Hahaha...kidding. Well only half-kidding because he is dang hot. But honestly finally Hong Shim admits she is a liar.

You know while I don't buy this love story I find the possibility that Hong Shim never had a crush on Lee Yul - merely liked him - but is actually falling in love with him as an adult a lot more. It would also be a nice contrast with the guy being the one who has been longing for the girl instead of the other way around. Btw... that red ribbon is in the palace, what's the use of it when it doesn't lead to some sort of recognition?

The BGM is by far the only thing in this 100% pre-produced drama which is actually perfect. The music editor could teach the editor a whole LOT!

So Moo Yeon is supposed to find the Crown Prince and bring the head to Kim Cha Eon. I wonder if that will actually happen if he finds out his sister is married to the Crown Prince. I wonder though what's in it for Moo Yeon. Yes, he wants revenge but we all know revenge is a empty thing. In the end it leaves person who got revenged as sad and angry as before. I also wonder if Moo Yeon does know about Kim Cha Eon and his involvement or not. So far he seems very much on Kim Cha Eon's side and fulfilling his wishes.

I like how they start to show that while Won Deok aka Lee Yul isn't the nicest person out there he is still has an understanding for right and wrong, see Ma Chil. I understand he went through a trauma when he was child - watching Yi Seo's family killed, his own mother killed (is she really - can I still hope that she is behind everything?), being told by Kim Cha Eon not to cry anymore. He is emotionally damaged and left behind alone in a palace full with people he can't trust and rely on. On top of it is his father who should be an ideal to him, a role model, but ended up being a greedy and disappointing man. So I get why he is the way he is but I'm still frustrated with him. I wouldn't stand him a day in my apartment, feeding him.

Ugh... this moment with Hong Shim and her brother... Who is cutting onions here? My heart is hurting... I love the editing here. Yeah I did say it. The back and forth between past and present. Can you all stop cutting those onions, please. I've decided: I'm here for this. For this brother sister connection, this unconditional love, everything.

"You're still bad at swordmanship."

*hugging happens*

Me:

Spoiler

giphy-22.gif

Okay, but he hid Hong Shim from Kim Cha Eon's other people... sooooo could he know more than we actually think? Maybe he is smart and figured it all out despite not seeing Kim Cha Eon actually killing his father? Oh I'm so intrigued.

But please, let this not be the last time these two see eachother. :bawling:

NOPE.gif

Hungry Lee Yul is back and feels uncomfortable eating alone. Honey, who cares about your sentiments here?

Random... *chokes*... "humorous" scene with dumb Kim Soo Ji and Eunuch. Yes, let's make fun of the Crown Prince being dead.

Nice depiction of how the lowborn people couldn't read Chinese letters since even with the introduction of Hangeul the official declarations were all written in Chinese letters. Hong Shim is shocked by the death of the Crown Prince. Does she know about Lee Yul? Or am I reading the direction in this scene wrong?

Okay, and the Eunuch who actually notices that something is off about the body gets arrested. Kim Cha Eon working fast.

Jealous hungry Won Deok... you're cute but not convincing. But nice to see him having his theories on Hong Shim, this marriage and the mysterious man she is "longing" for. Oh look! Mr Dimples is there!

Awww he is so sad that solving Lee Yul's riddle won't get him back. Yah! Stop talking about promotion... But I love how quick he is in regards of investigation and therefore Eunuch Yang. @triplem @stroppyse Uri Mr Dimples is so smart! But too late. :(

Okay, I like the actor who plays Kim Cha Eon - he does an amazing job. Also nice to see that he actually had reasons to act the way he did and does. Of course it's no excuse and was predictable but still nice that it got acknowledged in the episode. But dude, you can blame a lot on the Crown Princess but not killing Eunuch Yang with your own hands. That was your decision.

And so much going on: everyone makes the "best" out of the Crown Prince's death. But Grand Prince Seowon is lowkey back in innocent zone.

Yay for Won Deok making friends with the village people.

Moo Yeon threatening people reminds me he is on the bad side right now. :(

I just love that Hong Shim is adoring her brother so much meanwhile Won Deok is just jealous - he really is the girl in this marriage. :lol: Also I like that the writer actually resolves it right away which also brings truth into this marriage because the brother is real. And also: Won Deok's theory = ddaeng.

That comment about longing to see someone again... I think these are the best moments by the writer. Why are there so many ups and downs?

Crown Princess sending secret letters... isn't that guy who retrieves it Mr Dimples stepbrother?? Need to check that later.

But why this ending? This is one of the downs of this drama: the writer - on purpose - shames Hong Shim, let thugs beat her up and drag her away, so Won Deok can prove he has fallen for her and is playing the knight in the shining armor.

I'm more worried though about Moo Yeon who will get to his sister's home to find it in disarray. What conclusions will this lead to? Oh my god!

I can say while episode 5 was just bad this episode made it all up. I just adore Hong Shim and Moo Yeon and their relationship the most. Can't they just run off together and be a family? Thank you.

• Like 8
  • LOL 2

@Jillia I have the same opinions/feelings about episode 5. It was the weakest in terms of plot and pacing. I was disappointed, honestly. Episode 6 was a little bit better and the reason why I still have not drop it. I really like the scenes between Mr Dimples and Hong Shim in episode 5. Despite having short moments together, those scenes were impactful and memorable. Kind of hard not to ship both of them together. I feel more chemistry between those two than I did for WD and HS. 

• Like 10

8 minutes ago, mimii89 said:

@Jillia I have the same opinions/feelings about episode 5. It was the weakest in terms of plot and pacing. I was disappointed, honestly. Episode 6 was a little bit better and the reason why I still have not drop it. I really like the scenes between Mr Dimples and Hong Shim in episode 5. Despite having short moments together, those scenes were impactful and memorable. Kind of hard not to ship both of them together. I feel more chemistry between those two than I did for WD and HS. 

I think with episode 6 it was clear the writer had it better planned out. A good episode has a situation it begins with and comes around in the end. That's what happened with Won Deok and his theory. It felt well-done in terms of that. And overall the wheels moving the plot turned more smoothly while in episode 5 almost half the episode happens in the village and nothing significant happens. In episode 6 the village scenes were actually great. Also, the writer gave us a emotional center - that not being Hong Shim and Won Deok but really Hong Shim and her brother. Even people who ship Hong Shim and Won Deok will have to admit that emotional impact came with the marketplace scene between Hong Shim and Moo Yeon.

I would like to have some words with the writer, asking what she was thinking. How can she deliver a mess in episode 5 and come back shining in episode 6? We need balance. lol

• Like 6
  • LOL 3

28 minutes ago, Jillia said:

I would like to have some words with the writer, asking what she was thinking. How can she deliver a mess in episode 5 and come back shining in episode 6? We need balance. lol

@Jillia, what can I say about your episode 5 and 6 commentary? All three of them (episode 5 part 1, episode 5 part 2, and episode 6) had me in stitches. ROFL

On the bit I quoted above, I don't think we're going to get balance on this drama though. 6 episodes in, I think we should expect more of the same. The one change I'm expecting is that the pacing will increase because there is so much to resolve in only 9 more episodes. Btw, did anyone explain why this drama is 15 episodes rather than at least 16 anyway?

Anyway, it's been forever since we were both active on a thread together and it's as much fun as always to read your thoughts. :)

I do rather love how Mr. Dimples is so intelligent and quick-thinking, even if he was too late to actually talk to the eunuch that was killed by KCE. (Btw, @triplem, I see that you've managed to turn the whole thread into referring to JJY as Mr. Dimples. ROFL)

I would really like to see the forces for good starting to gather. In order to do so, though, it has to be known that LY is still alive. Since KCE already knows that LY is alive, having it be known that LY is still alive shouldn't be majorly dangerous to him. Anyway, I'm expecting WD's memory to return to him by end of episode 8. In fact, I think that may be the cliffhanger for episode 8.

• Like 6
  • LOL 1

Hey guys, finally got around to catching up to this show and I am enjoying it so far. I am confuzzled on a few things like who the heck is the crown princess’s baby daddy. At first I thought it was HS’s oppa because the look she gave him in that one scene that it was her, her dad and him in the palace. But then there was that other guy who got the letter and the possibility @bebebisous33 put out there about the younger prince being the baby daddy. Personally I would not be pleased if HS’s brother is the one who knocked crown princess up because that just complicates things way more than they already are with WD’s dad having been the one that ordered the death of HS’s bio dad. 

Is WD and HS’s marriage even legitimate when it’s not his real identity and he is technically married to the crown princess?

Now there’s one thing I would love to hear from you all. What do you think will happen in the end for these two? Will they remain in the village and live as they are now, or will HS move the palace with him and they will be the future king and queen?

• Like 5

3 hours ago, stroppyse said:

(Btw, @triplem, I see that you've managed to turn the whole thread into referring to JJY as Mr. Dimples. ROFL)

kkkkkkk....yes! I lurve him  :D . Maybe it's cause he's just so cute. Ahhh the moment at the bridge makes my heart flutter. But I should not entertain the thought of him and HS together , knowing that it isn't meant to be. What I do like is watching all the investigative scenes...but oh my as @Jillia has pointed out - who goes undercover and following the trail in his official uniform???I guess he had no time to change. But he could have taken off his hat . :w00t: I think sometimes this PD is a bit sloppy with such details despite being pre-produced.

His issues with face blindness :joy:

By the way , i don't watch sageuk. Do all of them usually focus on power struggles for the throne? Ahh it would be nice to have a (fantasy) sageuk where they  focus on crime solving - like a detective agency of sorts ( I initially thought HS was supposed to start one in this show). I would be very happy to watch one. 

And *coughs* by the way , if you love Mr Dimples, do come and show him some love. I have started a thread for him :blush:

Spoiler

Oh and since this was pre-produced , the wrap up  party was a while ago. Look at DO and KSH. How cute are they. I was hoping for a bit more bromance as well .

Edited by triplem
  • Like 7

First Story Board Editornim I am pretty sure you are not a first time editor but can you make sure when you show previews it can be seen to the next episode since this is a pre-produced drama it should not suck in editing and also video transition editor was the filming really like that, that there’s no way to properly transition one scene to another?

Opening was.....I will be too concious of such kind of gazed from WD plus he’s becoming more handsome.  When the beans fall from above his gazed never left HS and becoming more and more endearing like he wanted to kiss her. WD was also so threathening that even loan-shark respected his “favor.”  The scene with brother so heartbreaking that you will get ugly crying and you forgot to noticed that brother is so freakingly handsome. hahahha

Somethings I observed and how I understand bur not sure I am correct.

•    WD saw the brother Soek Ha twice (embracing HS and when he visits the Gomdallae Road house - WD saw the man already embracing HS). He will surely be redeemed but I am also sure he will be dead. But I hope not so his father’s will that they must live. But if he is the CP’s child father oh my I will feel pain for this princess — LY does not want her from the very beginning. 

•    Vice Minister has tricked the King Daddy and Crown Prince LY of killing the brother former King for something he does not want to be known.  This is how I understand because VM Kim is ready to kill even her daughter. I don’t know where the vice minister hungry for power is coming from.  

•    The “Buckwheat Flower where dogs commonly pee” is the Goblin flower. Symbolizes forever love too like Baby Breath flower. Haha I am like HS who does not want that flowers to be picked as where they are planted and grow they are more beautiful.

•    The slapped from stepdaddy HS. Hhaha you are so near kissing her why didn’t you just do it.  Hahahaha. 

•    Does HS knows that the Crown Prince is Lee Yul when she got dizzy receiving the news? or because if he has died early why when after she’s married already. Nick of time to evade the order. 

•    VM Kim and underlings is so laothsome person to even disrepect a deadbody just to cover things and even kill the right hand man who knows that’s not the Prince’s bosy.

•    The book he bought I think is to seduce HS who is not responding to his skinship. WD does not want to ask any person of his wanting to have skinship.  

•    So it was so kind of WD to read for the people and this is how he in future punish those people fooling the ill-educated but hardworking commoners.

•    WD looking for HS, holding hands and WD processing his current emotions and growing desire that HS will only look at him. I think it was uncomfortable for him that woman does not “lust” for him since in the palace his princess desired to copulate straight forward. He was so wanting that HS will stop him to be a lover of someoneelse because he really dressed nobly. Hahaha “are you sure I work badly hard to be lover? (I am so looking handsome and you sold me for a day? hehehehe). 

•    Officer JJY missing the Prince so much because he is of royal descent but from a concubine but the prince treated him properly and respected his intelligence

•    The Royal family has been tagged as so greedy for not caring for his people eg asking salt in a village not even near to the sea but I think his own royal family is tricking him to be greedy and good thing when CPLY comes back he knows the whole story of his people and so he needs to face the enemies soon from episode 9. For sure 7-8 episodes will be a dragging revelation and transition winning to be the reliable King and give justice to YYS family.

But one thing I don’t want from this story they killed DJ detective friend fortunately JJY and loyal royal guard are so loyal to CP.  These two can probably make it up.  But still so sad.

• Like 5

I think earlier on someone mentioned that the Detective Agency wasn't really like the name implied, solving/investigating mysteries, but more like the service HS has set up for the villagers -- helping them to solve problems, for a fee. It's more like a problem-solver agency. 

And regarding women shaming, I guess it is inevitable to see those happening a lot in saguek or whatever period drama out there. Which is one of the reasons why I usually avoid period dramas esp. Chinese. All those the powerful/rich oppressing the weak (usu.women)/poor usually boils my blood. 

• Like 8

Wait what was that book WD got that he used all the money in that pouch? There were no subs over the title so I’m curious what it was.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

My impression is that he will help to destroy KCE but since he is officially dead, he might come back as WD. Actually he never liked being a Crown Prince and never wanted to become a King... YYS is officially dead just like LY hence they don't need to take back their true identity.   

hi there...is good to see you here ...i don't expect you to know me but i read your comments in so many forums...:blush:....that is good to see a familiar name...anyway i just wanted to say that what you wrote above could be a possibility for the ending, but that will also make me so sad ....upon seeing so much suffering from the  common people, so much reform is needed...and i believe he is the only one that can  clean the government...there's too much corruption on both sides (kim and the queen's team got to go) my hope is that he hears the higher cause of what it means to be the crown prince and later king to his people...that's it for now..

im just commenting again to say that i love GD...in his mind, WD (AKA the crown prince) and him are already best buddies ... i have no idea how he conclude that ...:joy: it gets me all the time ...how he hits him like its nothing but two best friends talking about marriage ,work, and sexual tension between spouses ...the only thing missing is the beer or the herbal tea on their guys night out...i wish i knew how to make cuts from the video but, well im sure you all  have seen the episodes or are about to 

2 hours ago, philosophie said:

Wait what was that book WD got that he used all the money in that pouch? There were no subs over the title so I’m curious what it was.

I believe is like the "50 shades of the gluttonous  man"  guy version...:joy:  joke aside i think is like a manual for man to woo woman ....

on another note who is loving the ost...i cant get enough of it :love:

going back to GD...i wonder how he will react when he gets to know that WD is the CP ...make that the whole village...can't wait to see park 's face and the magistrate as well :hushed:

4 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

think earlier on someone mentioned that the Detective Agency wasn't really like the name implied, solving/investigating mysteries, but more like the service HS has set up for the villagers -- helping them to solve problems, for a fee. It's more like a problem-solver agency. 

i was one of those that thought that the investigation agency will have a go once GS  knew what to do with WD ...but know im more incline to believe that what you just said, it's what is is ...more like a problem solving agency rather that a detective  agency...still good though...either way it it doesn't affect my expectation or makes me any less interested in the drama ....im contempt with the flow of events and the romance intensifying ....:blush: im a  die hard romantic and i like all the corny lines when they make sense in the context of events...on that same line, i hope they kiss next week...it will almost be half way so i can put hopes in it happening next week...

• Like 7

Watching the scene when YW finally meets her brother.

And NJH nailed it. I could see traces of the little girl left behind when she shook her head and refused to let go of his hands.

b6mNbA.gif

Vo94A2.gif

And look at his face as he leaves. That imperceptible swallow as he walks away.

Plus his sexy sageuk voice. (Or is it just me?)

I am also now intrigued by MY.

First Mr Dimples, now him! To the point that I am following him on IG. HAHAHAHA...

If anyone knows PSH's (Mr Dimples) IG - do let me know!

• Like 7
  • Sad 3

On 9/25/2018 at 1:07 PM, stroppyse said:

I'm not sure if he's the baby daddy or not, but he's not 10 years old. The way the Koreans write it, he's in his 10's, meaning he's still a teenager. It's in the same way that in the character description link that you provided, Won Deuk is mentioned as being in his 20's, the King is in his 40's, the Queen is in her 30's. My guess it that Prince Seo Won is probably 16 or 17 or even a little older than that. That is definitely old enough to have a crush on the Crown Princess and to father a child, btw. Though again, I don't know if he's the baby daddy.

I think this has to do with what the time period was between the childhood scenes and the present. I thought it said 16 years later, but then they kept saying 10 years ago.  I think 16 yrs makes more sense.  HS is referred to as a spinster because she has held off getting married so long. But younger prince is still pretty young because LY's mom was killed off so he would marry this Queen and that was also about 16 yrs. . Yet in those days they even married at 15 so I guess he could be the father.  Crown Princess was frustrated because LY would not touch her. 

• Like 7

LY is not cut out for commoner life sadly so he living as WD and letting LY die officially is out of question. Also due to this spoiler.

Spoiler

I8i1MKT.jpg

We can clearly see LY back as the Crown Prince. His robe color is of the Crown Prince.

Which brings me to this scene:

gmUJLPp.jpg

The show began with this particular scene. LY has a death wish and looks defeated. Either HS is leaving forever with her brother OR he is being threatened about her truth being ousted. Sageuk viewers know very well what happens to traitors children. Given the choice I think he would prefer HS leaving with her brother rather than seeing her suffer just to stay near him.

YfaELBq.jpg

Looks like our second lead is also going to play games with Kim. What I am curious about is if he will be playing those game on LY's instructions (when he is WD) or when he is back in the palace.

Now about the Crown Princess' baby daddy. Someone looks really smitten with her:

Spoiler

YcKMduw.jpg

u2LDgpM.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1