[Drama 2018] 100 Days My Prince / Hundred Days' Husband, 백일의 낭군님

0ly40

LY is not cut out for commoner life sadly so he living as WD and letting LY die officially is out of question. Also due to this spoiler.

Spoiler

I8i1MKT.jpg

We can clearly see LY back as the Crown Prince. His robe color is of the Crown Prince.

Which brings me to this scene:

gmUJLPp.jpg

The show began with this particular scene. LY has a death wish and looks defeated. Either HS is leaving forever with her brother OR he is being threatened about her truth being ousted. Sageuk viewers know very well what happens to traitors children. Given the choice I think he would prefer HS leaving with her brother rather than seeing her suffer just to stay near him.

YfaELBq.jpg

Looks like our second lead is also going to play games with Kim. What I am curious about is if he will be playing those game on LY's instructions (when he is WD) or when he is back in the palace.

Now about the Crown Princess' baby daddy. Someone looks really smitten with her:

Spoiler

YcKMduw.jpg

u2LDgpM.jpg

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Dramanoona said:

Watching the scene when YW finally meets her brother.

And NJH nailed it. I could see traces of the little girl left behind when she shook her head and refused to let go of his hands.

Apart from HS' scenes at the bridge with Mr.Dimples which are swoon worthy enough for me (maybe because he's my bias on this drama :lol:) even if it is limited atm...this scene of HS with her brother affected me the most. It's a reunion that could've,should've been on a happier tone but then not..it was heartbreaking. I look forward to them reuniting again.Is it just me that thinks they've got better chemistry too?Oh well...forget that last bit :P

19 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

@Jillia

Since this man is a guest of the lord, we have to assume that Lord Park asked him to make the woman fall on purpose. He knew that HS would intervene and defend her friend. First, he knew that HS would come to work there, notice that Park blamed HS for her behaviour and as an apology, she should serve him. In the end, his real goal was to get close to HS and at some point he would have dragged her to his room. If HS had served the expensive soup, HS would have accused the guy for making her fall, asking another woman to serve the soup was better as they knew that her friend would never defend herself properly. 

I had the same feeling but wasn't sure. 

I felt that was a way to humiliate HS as everyone in the village knew that HS would interfere and offer help.

Other than that I wasn't expecting the sibling reunion to be shown in this way but I'm glad it was a short, bittersweet moment between them. 

It really made me sad when MY said there were not supposed to live in this world (hope my subs are right) and in the way he said it. He is so calm that I think he knows exactly what he's doing and how wants to live after his "retirement" 

I just hope the writer will give time to tell his story and not rushing into it.

I feel the cinematographer needs a raise whereas the editor needs to attend a workshop LOL

The bamboo forest scene has become my favourite. It's seriously so beautiful, feels like you can immerse yourself infinitely  

1 hour ago, Jillia said:

We also need Lee Yul because he could clarify about Kim Cha Eon since he saw him killing Hong Shim's father. Or didn't he?

Yes, he is an important eyewitness but the question is: will MY believe him? I think, he will because he will describe exactly what happened when YYS and SH/MY were facing the soldiers and how his father protected YYS and how he gave SH the order to leave the place. Since his testimony about this will fit to SH's/MY's story, he will come to accept LY's words. Moreover, LY will show him the hair tissue that YYS gave him. He knows and knew that YYS had met someone... he knew that YYS liked this boy. 

Xs0ffva.gif

tumblr_pfn3r6JRtM1xfv7n6o4_r1_640.giftumblr_pfn3r6JRtM1xfv7n6o1_640.gif

zztmms

Spoiler

tumblr_pdqkagB9u01vqfmslo4_400.giftumblr_pdqkagB9u01vqfmslo3_400.giftumblr_pdqkagB9u01vqfmslo6_400.giftumblr_pdqkagB9u01vqfmslo8_r1_400.gif

6 reasons why 100 Days My Prince is different from all other historical dramas!

https://www.dramafever.com/news/6-reasons-why-100-days-my-prince-is-different-from-all-other-historical-dramas/

by Nancy Z on Wed, Sep 26, 2018

Spoiler

3a2c1bb8-5594-4ca4-b2d4-3cadd078e9b9.jpg

New drama 100 Days My Prince, starring EXO's D.O. and Nam Ji Hyun, has become highly popular among both Korean and international viewers. What makes this historical drama special? How is it different from other costume dramas? For starters, it weaves a one-of-a-kind web by cleverly mixing several plot devices into one zany adventure about an amnesiac crown prince and the oldest spinster in a village.

<Spoilers from episodes 1 - 5>

Spoiler

1. Amnesia

He is the angry prince who never smiles — D.O. is perfect whenever he looks into the camera (and at us) with those sad eyes. He survives an assassination attempt, but loses his memory.

b2f7c90f-5059-487d-9730-fdaf7788758a.jpg

2, Poor girl with spine and hidden identity

She is the village's oldest single woman, but she's not in a hurry to marry. Actually the daughter of a nobleman who was murdered when she was a child, she has kept her strong character and will stand up to bullies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIl4FWhOUA0

3. Forced Marriage
By fate's coincidence, they are forced to marry under the crown prince's own edict. He is the true culprit for ordering all singles in the kingdom to marry, because he resented being forced to marry a villainous minister's daughter. Why not make everyone else suffer marital woes, too!

Meanwhile, not wishing to marry a lecherous old man, our heroine and her adopted father convince the amnesiac stranger that he is really her fiance who has returned from military service. They marry!

This wedding-night clip is hilarious!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjFu8f23_-o

4. Sparks fly between opposites!

They are miles apart in personality: He is haughty, still retains a taste for finer things in life, but refuses to work. She is practical, hard-working, and is resourceful to find ways to survive. He is so clueless about money that he gets sucked into a loan shark's high-interest loan. She thinks she married the stupidest fool on earth. The hilarious scene when he spent the borrowed money to refurbish their hut and add landscaping is simply priceless!

cb391491-4903-4a72-88fc-78f2e3bfe5ab.jpg

5. Puppy Love

Before he lost his memory, he remembered the young girl he was fond of but lost when her father was killed. She, on the other hand, remembers everything, including the young boy who is now the crown prince. But it's been 10 years, and she doesn't recognize him now.

ad8086f2-a5e0-428d-ac42-78bb61599feb.jpg

6. Birth Secret

Back in the palace, the crown princess is pregnant, but she and the crown prince have never spent a night together. So who is the baby's father? Naturally, the crown princess isn't wishing for the safe return of the crown prince. But she is not even the crown prince's worst enemy!

7f0105ca-daec-4047-8ece-2dccde82c37b.jpg

The story is unfolding almost like a modern rom-com in which an aloof heir falls for a poor girl. Oh yeah, we know they'll fall in love, we just don't know in which day of the 100 days.

e8d44162-f4c8-4118-aad1-20f018b5221e.jpg

It's always interesting when the audience knows much more than the main characters. We know so much, and they know so little. And we're just waiting for the ah-ha moments when the truth about the crown prince and many other secrets are revealed. But it doesn't mean we know everything, and there are questions that keep pulling us into the the suspense.

The chemistry between the married couple is adorably cute, even as they argue over relatable problems such as money (or the equivalent to credit cards in today's world.) Also, intriguing subplots and excellent support members flesh out the compelling story.

The biggest question, of course, is:

Will there be a happy ending? And, when will our sad prince ever smile?

Watch: Nam Ji Hyun Can’t Stop Laughing At EXO’s D.O. In “100 Days My Prince” Making Video

tvN’s “100 Days My Prince” has released a new making video!

Starring EXO’s D.O. and Nam Ji Hyun, “100 Days My Prince” is a historical romance drama that tells the story of Crown Prince Lee Yool/Won Deuk (D.O.), who temporarily becomes an amnesiac and ends up in an unconventional relationship with Yoon Yi Suh/Hong Shim (Nam Ji Hyun), the oldest unmarried woman in Joseon.

The behind-the-scenes footage is full of smiles and laughter at D.O.’s comical acting. The video starts off with D.O. acting clumsy as he chops away at plants using a scythe. He wields the scythe with rushed movements and ends up falling in a hilarious way. Nam Ji Hyun can’t hold in her laughter, and eventually, the entire crew bursts into laughter as well. Nam Ji Hyun commented, “D.O. laughed first. Gosh, it’s funny. I shouldn’t laugh!”

The next scene they film is the one where D.O. attempts to twist a straw rope. When he can’t, the director commands jokingly, “Rub your hands in apology.” D.O. looks at Nam Ji Hyun and rubs his palms together with a mischievous smile, causing the straws between his hands to twist at a rapid rate.

The filming continues, and at first, Nam Ji Hyun stares at D.O. with a straight expression. It looks like she’s about to explode with fury at his clumsiness, and her rage meter depicted at the bottom of the screen can be seen shooting upwards. However, she can’t contain her laughter, and her fake anger as well as the rage meter dissolves at once. When Nam Ji Hyun keeps laughing, the director playfully scolds, “Hong Shim!”

D.O. comments with a smile and sigh, “I didn’t know twisting a straw rope could be so difficult.” When the interviewer asks if he usually laughs so much, he shares, “No, I don’t…Do I? I don’t usually [laugh so much], but Hong Shim’s expression was so funny.”

The last scene they film in the clip is when D.O. has to cover Nam Ji Hyun to keep her from getting hit with spilling beans. However, he gets scared at the last second and holds out his hands as he pleas, “Wait!” and Nam Ji Hyun laughs at his alarmed reaction. When the beans finally spill though, D.O. ends up failing to protect her, and he laughs sheepishly into his arm. After successfully filming the scene, Nam Ji Hyun comments, “It didn’t hurt that much,” and D.O. adds, “[That’s because] I was the one who got hit.” Nam Ji Hyun smiles and says, “I was covered well.”

Thoughts  on 5 and 6. 

The pace is a little slow at times. And, I wish there was a more spiffy OST.   But for me dawdling in village life draws me  into the atmosphere of an older world. Then it picks up and we learned things.  Could the younger prince  be the father of crown princess' child?  What is in the letter she hid?  Is she having some innocent guy her lover killed? or is she warning her lover?  or setting up someone else for the fall?

I loved them holding hands at the end.  

I feel so sad though.  HS's cherry blossom tree was torn up and the crown princess had LY's tree cut down.  Hope that is not an omen of their ill fated love.:fearful:

4 hours ago, Rhea_Nee said:

She, on the other hand, remembers everything, including the young boy who is now the crown prince. But it's been 10 years, and she doesn't recognize him now.

But does she know that he is the crown prince?  I dont think so. Can somebody clarify?

This is the closest they can get with no kiss?:cry:

XZetJ7u.gif

jzFREXz.gif

E9fPGzt.gif

Spoiler

ggLjVGJ.gif

FfoTYZk.gif

cr:dc gall

I’ve written my review of Episode 6, if anybody's interested in reading it. 

http://bitchesoverdramas.com/2018/09/27/100-days-my-prince-episode-6-review

I thought it was a solid episode. I especially like how his amnesia served like a virtual reboot. He was given the opportunity to rebuild his character from scratch. Without his intense hatred for his royal position that he had gained by bloodshed, he was learning how badly the people needed a wise and compassionate ruler. The people were being abused but they had no one in power to listen to them or to turn to for help.

For instance, WonDeuk's interaction with the common people in this episode made him realize that many problems of the poor folks were exacerbated by their illiteracy. They were being taken advantage of because they couldn't read.

Also, he was seeing first hand that some of the royal edicts and demands, like the sable tribute and the marriage which he personally decreed, caused hardship on the people who have no choice but to obey.

And last, he was seeing first-hand and up-close the abuses of those people in power, like Lord Park and the Mayor.

To me, his amnesia was a godsend because it gave him time and space to acquire a different mindset other than that of a resentful son. His amnesia would make him a better ruler, that is, a ruler with a purpose other than revenge and his personal comfort.

I also liked how he was learning to assess his worth. In the palace, he was useful for his useless-ness, ironically enough. As long as he didn't do anything to disturb the status quo as predetermined by Minister Kim, he was valuable.

But out in the real world, he was useful only when he was contributing to the village. His value was tied to his contribution. 

Sometimes he's not even worth a wink at the diner,
sometimes he was worth a piece of yukjeon (or pancake),
sometimes he was worth 2 puns (for digging up a ring in a dung vat),
sometimes he was worth 3 jeons (for his copywriting work),
sometimes he was worth 20 yangs (as a pretend lover),
sometimes he was worth 30 yangs (his humiliation as the town's Totally Useless Man),
sometimes he was free (for reading the documents for the villagers), and
sometimes he was worth a hug and a smile for HongShim.

tumblr_pfn3r6JRtM1xfv7n6o4_r1_640.gifcredit: zztmms'  tumblr

@packmule3 I love your assessment on WD and I agree with everything. WD reminds me alot of Louie in "Shopping King Louie". Both are useless when it comes to doing any work but when it comes to knowledge, boy are they smart and know how to use it. Plus, both boys only have eyes on Ji-Hyun. And by staying with Ji-Hyun, can they learn to be a better person. 

It's been a while since my last saeguk. I'm closely following this show. I like the pacing of the storyline, although I must admit I've been skipping scenes here and there. I'm mostly curious as to how DW will be able to go back to the palace and be able to bring his wife. Anyway, I made a desktop calendar if you guys would like it. I also made some quote edits. I'll post it here when I can. 

41529129_2467725609920858_58696076837362

6 hours ago, pad-hari said:

But does she know that he is the crown prince?  I dont think so. Can somebody clarify?

This is the closest they can get with no kiss?:cry:

cr:dc gall

Good question.  Not sure if she knew he was to become  the crown prince when they were little - if yes I think she would be mourning him now that she heard he died.  that confuses me too -  maybe she thought he was just noble. At the time she knew him he was  still a nephew of the king .....  then his father took over.  

Hi @mimii89, You’re probably right. I read somewhere that this sageuk has the same premise as Shopping King Louie. I didn’t get to watch that show so I wouldn’t know. But this plot and this type of character are easy to adapt to any time period. 

@maddymappo, yes, when HongShim stumbled upon hearing the CP’s death, the viewers were being led to think that she knew who the CP was. 

I don’t think she knew who Lee Yul was when they were kid but it is possible. This writer and this director have been trying to shroud everything “in a mystery, inside an enigma.” Lol. Unfortunately, instead of intriguing me, these ambiguities have annoyed me. 

Based on the script, the child YiSeo knew Lee Chil as some rich kid trying to beat up the little poor kids in the neighborhood. The young Lee Yul had asked her, “Do you know who I am?” And she replied, “An idiot who uses his father’s position to bully other kids.” 

Given her answer, she might or might not know who his father was. 

However, we’re still left with a time period that’s unaccounted for. Ten years ago, she started going to the bridge to meet her big brother. (There are also six more years that I consider “lost years” because they are rarely mentioned in the plot.) If HongShim was 28 years old now, she would have been 18 ten years ago. It would have been the right time for her to begin searching for her childhood “fiancé” and to find out where he was. It’s easy to imagine her spotting him in one of her trips to Hanyang.

Frankly though, I’d be supremely annoyed with the writer if she/he gave us a flashback of HongShim discovering the young boy had grown up to be the CP midway through the show but with this writer, I’ve reaaaallllyyy lowered my standards for tolerable stupidity. Haha. 

Her discovery of his identity as the CP would perfectly explain why she startled when she saw him and began running away from him in Episode 1. 

Didn’t you find her reaction back then strange?? I did.

It wasn’t normal behavior to a) freak out because a “stranger” was merely looking at her, b) start running as if the devil was chasing after her and c) hide under the bridge as if she had something to hide from him.

Why did she do that? Even if she was a shy maiden, she didn’t have to dash across the bridge to get away from him. She acted guilty...or scared. Her peculiar reaction then suggested that she knew she could NOT encounter “that man” on the street because he posed a DANGER to her. Hence she fled and escaped from him. 

But then, if she recognized Lee Yul as the CP back then at the bridge — at night, and from a distance — then how come she couldn’t recognize WonDeuk as the CP up-close and in the middle of the day?? Why did she accept her father’s tales that this fool of a man was WonDeuk when she recognized him as Lee Yul, the Crown Prince? Why was she making Lee Yul do all the menial jobs in the village? To teach him a lesson? To torture him? As payback?  

See the incongruity? The script does NOT line up correctly but I’m keeping my patience for now.... :)

Calm down, @Jillia. :D

I was the one who used the term “godsent.” I meant it in the same way that the show used it in this drama -- as a hyperbole to convey the most outrageous tropes. Nothing more, nothing less. 

If my post offended you, I’m sorry. But I don’t need a reality check. Thank you. Dementia and Alzheimers are my constant reality, unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on how you regard me). I am genetically predisposed hence my family’s financial and medical support to the alzfdn.org.

48 minutes ago, Jillia said:

Just checking in to say that some people need a reality check here. :)

Amnesia is NOT a gift - not in real life nor in a drama.....

Thank you for saying that.  It is a very important point. 

This is something I can relate to personally because I have aphasia, which is a different type of memory loss. Aphasia is a loss of language skills--in my case, I completely lost the ability to read and write; I also get many words and concepts confused in speaking.  I've lived with this for years, and I still have to work hard daily to overcome.  It is embarrassing, frustrating, and sometimes frightening.

As much as I disliked the prince at first because he was so whiny, demanding, and entitled, I could also imagine that bad behavior as a reaction to the terror that memory loss would bring on.  His worst personality characteristics would likely be magnified (believe me, I know) because of his fear and also because his higher reasoning abilities might be more difficult to reach.

20 hours ago, packmule3 said:

But then, if she recognized Lee Yul as the CP back then at the bridge — at night, and from a distance — then how come she couldn’t recognize WonDeuk as the CP up-close and in the middle of the day?? Why did she accept her father’s tales that this fool of a man was WonDeuk when she recognized him as Lee Yul, the Crown Prince? Why was she making Lee Yul do all the menial jobs in the village? To teach him a lesson? To torture him? As payback?  

See the incongruity? The script does NOT line up correctly but I’m keeping my patience for now.... :)

@packmule3 (sorry for cutting your comment)  but just making a brief observation:  Yes I agree if she recognizes him it is convoluted. I don't think she does recognize him. She didn't know he could read.   But - the thought I had about the bridge scene when he chased her, was that he recognized her.   After his amnesia, he doesn't even seem attracted to her at first, and at some point he mentions that "the body remembers" so he was going to try that? ... but his body didn't seem to remember her at all which all seemed strange although he is beginning to like her now, clearly.   

@packmule3 also said

However, we’re still left with a time period that’s unaccounted for. Ten years ago, she started going to the bridge to meet her big brother. (There are also six more years that I consider “lost years” because they are rarely mentioned in the plot.) If HongShim was 28 years old now, she would have been 18 ten years ago. It would have been the right time for her to begin searching for her childhood “fiancé” and to find out where he was. It’s easy to imagine her spotting him in one of her trips to Hanyang.

Agree, this missing 6 years is a problem.    The brother was older and more self sufficient, and had great martial arts skills - maybe he got employment someplace he could see her during  that time (who knows).

I am also wondering what her adopted father knows. I think he knows she loved the little boy who was her fiance. And I think he might know that he became CP but perhaps never told her? 

Hmm.. if I could jump in.

Maybe because he (WD) has been told that she loved him and he did have feelings for her, the fact that now he (or his body) seems to remember being protective of her - he assumes it is because of their past (as she has told him)

Right now, all he knows is what is told to him. So he assumes all his motivations, feelings, thoughts are due to the past which he shared with her.

I don't think his memory per se will return anytime soon because as soon as it does, he will return to the palace. Unless Mr Dimples can be a good ally and help him plan his return to the palace - in this case, his stay in the village may be prolonged.

Archived