[Drama 2018] 100 Days My Prince / Hundred Days' Husband, 백일의 낭군님

0ly40

I like tonight's episode.

From what I can understand through the raw.

But DANGER DANGER ...Mr Dimple. I am thinking of the scenario where he goes to hide out (in HS's village) and finds the prince there but they keep it a secret from HS and the villagers. Ultimately planning their next step to go back to the palace.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh my bad, looks like the dastardly villains are sent by the creepy old man because LY was helping all the villagers by reading all the contracts that they had made for labor or loan with noblemen.

BTW aren't LY and HS supposed to be 28? Going by that they had to be 12 when HS's dad was killed and then there was a 16 year leap so that makes the step brother prince 16 years old?

Spoiler

Not sure if anyone has said it here but I think he already regained his memories and is just trying to keep acting as Wondeuk for the time being. His mannerisms seem a lot different from when he first woke up as Won Deuk. In the preview, it seems like he's hiding from the guards? 

Ahhh I'm so relieved Hong Shim finally got to meet her brother. It's satisfying that she cried in front of him, given that she waited so long and was disappointed for not meeting him at the bridge many times. I really really do hope Brother would redeem himself at the end, although the only way probably for that to happen is if he dies. :((

This is slightly off topic but did anyone else notice that the actor who played eunuch Yang also played one of Chan's friends on 30 But 17?  His name is Jo Hyun Shik.  I kinda like noticing actors who get lots of lesser roles in dramas--they are unsung heroes.  Although they are often unnoticed, they are highly talented since they can perform in such diverse roles; it is only lead roles that evade them.  In a way, that's a good thing because lead roles can limit an actor's career when they become typecast.  These background actors are amazing chameleons who can have limitless careers in small roles.  

I was pleased to see him acting in the palace here, and I'm sorry the character has died because he seemed like someone the prince could rely on.

So I'm thinking ahead a bit. When LY gets his memories back....they could take the story down two paths.....

1. LY remembers everything and stays back as WD in the village and plans a come back with a  bang. He may come in contact with JJY because of HS...so he might have his supporters helping him.

2. LY regains his memories....BUT...forgets where he's been for the past 100 days. 

I prefer the first.....they don't have that many episodes to play out the second scenario with proper narrative.

Anyways, the moronic, trouble causing husband of few weeks is finally stepping up and understanding his responsibility.....but then we get HS saying.... now that the CP is dead she can get rid of WD easily.....why don't they get on the same page at the same time....

Ok...no matter how many times I watch his scenes...the half brother...queen's son, does not look like a ten year old....he may not look 20 but he's not 10 either...hes somewhere in between then.....again quite capable of sowing oats....wild or otherwise.

I like the bro-sis reunion scene....I like he did come back to find her at her house and didn't just abandon her again.....but makes me scared now to think how soon will the KCE find it out. 

I liked WD's little show of jealousy. And even though everyone calls him a moron...he smartly realized that HS's eyes don't show that feeling of love that's supposed to be there.....she doesn't look him in the eyes.....she cried because of someone else and drank because of someone else.....though it turned out to be her brother and not his rival......he still observed all these things and made a proper case of her loving someone else. 

More than that I loved that his reaction to that was not accusations of betrayal and anger but to go back and woo her again.

I do think HS might have known who LY was...or had found out later.....that explains her strong reaction when she heard of CP's death.

Queen used a talisman on the CP couple....and now she's trying to get it back.....smh....I can't believe this is what will bring her down.

Though it seems it was very common in those days....to use such methods.

I'm glad we got the brother sister reunion out of the way fast....leaving the later episodes for CP's comeback, taking down the Kim daddy and daughter...and finally the LY-YYS reunion under the plum blossoms petal shower.

16 minutes ago, dito said:

k...no matter how many times I watch his scenes...the half brother...queen's son, does not look like a ten year old....he may not look 20 but he's not 10 either...hes somewhere in between then.....again quite capable of sowing oats....wild or otherwise.

Exactly ...that's why I am confused . He looks more like a teenager. But then again HS, WD , Mr Dimples, Crown Princess  are all 20 so maybe @stroppyse you can take a look. Are the character descriptions to be believed?

http://program.m.tving.com/tvn/100daysmyprince/14/Contents/Html?h_seq=1

edit just realised that this was answered above. Thanks @stroppyse

OST part 2:

3 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Can't find the YT version of the preview, so here is the tvN link to the preview, though no idea how long the link is good for. I'll try to post the YT video later if I find it.

http://program.tving.com/tvn/100daysmyprince

Translation of the preview:

HS: Won Deuk. Who in the world is he? (me: after watching WD fight men off with a sword)
JY: The Left Minister has killed the Prince. (me: I think this is Mr. Dimples who is saying this.)
WD: Ouch! Why are you pressing on it? (me: HS has pushed on a wound.)
HS: You are just making a big deal about it after all. (me: Think she's pushed on his "wound" again. So, she's basically calling him a big baby for making such a fuss.)
WD: I don’t want to find my memories. Because I want to stay beside you.
HS: Don’t go. Stay here. Next to me.
WD: I will always stay beside you, so don’t worry. I will absolutely not go anywhere without you. Because I’m your husband.

Awww... WD is so into HS as she is to him. I guess the SLS won't even get a chance to get into the harbor. I'm glad actually since this is a drama about the love story between WD and HS (or LY and YS). Haven't watched episode 6 yet, so will be back after I do.

Thanks @stroppyse for the preview translations, here is the preview from TVN

6 minutes ago, Jillia said:

Aigoooo~~~ @stroppyse Jin Young... let's just hope Mr Dimples doesn't end like his character. And YES for the OST! :wub:

uRGHHH ...What happened to the JinYoung guy? let nothing bad happen to Mr Dimples.  :crazy:

1 hour ago, Jillia said:
1 hour ago, stroppyse said:

It's actually not that I don't want to watch the palace scenes. It's just that the switch in mood and tone between the palace and the village give me whiplash some time, though I think that's deliberate to set up the contrasts. It's almost as if we're watching 2 different parallel dramas right now. :)

I get what you mean. I think in that regard the drama aka writing and directing isn't doing a great or perfect job. The disparity is too big and the editing is still choppy as well.

Just if I had to choose what I'm more interested in: it's the palace stuff. The whole amnesia or not amnesia thing kinda bores me at the moment. :)

Editing still needs a whole lot of work....or better yet they should get a new editor. It was giving me whiplash in first 4 episodes.....but now not so much. Maybe I got used to it. I usually tune out during King, Queen and KCE scenes....but kind of keep an eye on MY and JJY scenes. 

My thoughts after watching the first 5 episodes:

The Bad:

• For a pre-produced drama, the editing is terrible. The transitions between the scenes are not smooth at all. Quite disappointing.
  • The writing isn't the strongest and is actually quite forgettable. The writer is struggling to balance the comedy, romance, and the serious royal throne fight. I really wish they chose a different writer. 
  • I'm not completely sold on the romance. I like HS and WD but I really don't ship the two together. I actually don't feel any chemistry between Nam Ji Hyun and D.O.. I'm hoping ep 6 and 7 prove me wrong. 

The Good:

• The directing and acting are solid.

After watching the episodes and preview...I am concerned about when he gets his memory back and how that will affect his relationship with HS. Mostly because he is the crown prince and he does have a legal wife waiting back home....would this mean that HS is his concubine or legal wife as well?

However, I do know that on an emotional level, he will come to love her even more since he will finally recognize her face and will figure out that she is the girl he lost. And I am pretty certain he will not be willing to A) give her up  and B) Let her continue living the way she has in hiding. So will he take her with him and somehow divorce/exile his current wife? Cause I am sure he does not want the princess around since she is messing around with another guy. 

Oh, please let there not be a heartbreaking ending! I am not sure that I can take it. :( 

1 minute ago, guinearoyal said:

After watching the episodes and preview...I am concerned about when he gets his memory back and how that will affect his relationship with HS. Mostly because he is the crown prince and he does have a legal wife waiting back home....would this mean that HS is his concubine or legal wife as well?

However, I do know that on an emotional level, he will come to love her even more since he will finally recognize her face and will figure out that she is the girl he lost. And I am pretty certain he will not be willing to A) give her up  and B) Let her continue living the way she has in hiding. So will he take her with him and somehow divorce/exile his current wife? Cause I am sure he does not want the princess around since she is messing around with another guy. 

Oh, please let there not be a heartbreaking ending! I am not sure that I can take it. :( 

I have this feeling that HS will die in the end. Ultimately, she will have to choose between her husband and her brother. I also get the feeling that the only way the brother can redeem himself if he dies in a heroic way. Finger Cross I am 1000% wrong. 

I find it funny that the creepy old man and the mayor of the village just committed treason by trying to kill WD and do not even know.  I can't wait to see their reaction when they come face to face with LY as the Crown Prince. I am sure they will try to plead innocent by claiming they didn't know he was royal when they had him attacked and LY can easily catch them for killing commoners like their lives meant nothing.

52 minutes ago, guinearoyal said:

Oh, don't worry about that. HS will become his legal wife and the Crown Princess. Since his current wife is pregnant by another guy, she will be disposed of, either killed for treason or will commit suicide. Faked death and changed identity is also an option for her with her baby daddy. LY will restore HS's dad's name by proving Kim was the culprit and she will be acceptable as his wife.

I honestly don't think this show will have a heartbreaking ending.

@stroppyse

I think that you have a point with WD falling for HS partly because she is familiar to him....but I think that he has liked her for a while now...before he did marry her, she did turn his head despite what he said otherwise. When he first saw her all dressed up nice that first time, notice that his gaze follows her the whole time when she walked away. 

I think the problem is from previous life where he had been trained to not show his emotions nor how to show affection to people cause they all were using him and who knew who was going to stab him in the back. He was always fighting against the crowd to survive...so it would make sense that he would do the same when he felt something for someone. 

But I think what is key is that the longer that he is with HS the more he is slowly realizing that his previous tactics, don't work with the people. In fact, it just gets him into more trouble which then is forcing him to change. 

But I will admit that I love how he is getting marriage advice from everyone...both solicited and not and then acting on it. Shows he is growing and learning how relationships with people should be...cause the poor cub never learned how. 

Plus, it is showing that how she views him is important to him. He hates it when she looks down on him, and likes it when she admires or boasts about him. So he is trying in his poor ignorant way to "lobby" her onto his side so to speak. 

6 hours ago, stroppyse said:

this drama continues to remind me of MDBC as Jin Young sings an OST for this drama. :D

Ah yes...this has MDBC vibe on it(and that drama was beautifully done in most ways me thinks)even Jinyoung's character on it,is like Mr.Dimples character on here.(maybe the latter's character won't get killed and I hope not too :lol: )Luv this OST more than the first one hehe.❤

3 hours ago, mimii89 said:

I have this feeling that HS will die in the end. Ultimately, she will have to choose between her husband and her brother. I also get the feeling that the only way the brother can redeem himself if he dies in a heroic way. Finger Cross I am 1000% wrong. 

My same thoughts too.I think she'd most likely be the sacrifice in all this.I would like to believe that her love for family is much greater so she's most likely to choose her brother whom he longed for. Or to calm down the viewers it could also be the brother who will most likely be killed (esp if Vice Premier finds out he's revenging or sumthing and that HS is his sister,who happens to be the Crown Prince' love and is surely the hindrance for the CrownPrincess.Vice Premier will find his ways I think ;) )

4 hours ago, mimii89 said:

I'm not completely sold on the romance. I like HS and WD but I really don't ship the two together. I actually don't feel any chemistry between Nam Ji Hyun and D.O.. I'm hoping ep 6 and 7 prove me wrong. 

Forgot to quote this while ago.Same I'm not too invested on the romance just yet..when YooJung and BoGum's characters' chemistry in MDBC got me right from the start.hehe. Let's see how it goes kekeke. ;):P

6 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Plus, once LY regains the throne, I assume that he'll reward Mr. Dimples for his faithful, intelligent service then. So, Mr. Dimples should be able to get the gisaeng if he wants her. :)

Question is..does he really want her?:phew: :lol:

Archived