Quantcast

[Drama 2018] 100 Days My Prince / Hundred Days' Husband, 백일의 낭군님

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My happy moment. I can sleep well tonight!

And one last thing of note.  Standing ovation for WD/LY please for being man of the moment...currently sitting in 1st place by a mile in my "esteemed Men of Joseon time" ladder.  Notice how despite th

Perhaps.  Guess we'll have to wait a week to find out...    It makes more sense since I feel like KCE (the omniscient one) seems to know who the baby's daddy is...otherwise why ask MY to kill

HS's father voice out talking "maybe if they're close enough, and then they'll kiss", foreshadowing the "kiss" between HS and WD in the preview. Hope my hunch was wrong though  :D

PS: Tvn gave our "Mr.dimple" name in their youtube clips. Its "조선 달콤남" means Joseon Sweet Guy lololol... 

they knew that a lot of viewers are adored him

• Like 6
  • LOL 2

Loved this episode! Great progress in their relationship. That book titled 50 shades of gray in korean, HAHA. 

I agree with all the others- he doesn't actually have his memory back yet(it would be too soon at this point); he's beginning to like her and perhaps he's "remembered" his love for yi-seo. '

Rating for ep. 5: 4.4% 

Keep in mind it's chuseok(lunar new year), which explains the big drop. 

• Like 11

I liked this scene very much.  it was like  a conversation between a normal husband and wife.  they were so sweet :love:

VGoCRjF.jpg

jWLPGlt.jpg

RFl6WN7.jpg

Look at his sweet gaze at her

Spoiler

4Di0HrR.gif

Until :joy::joy:

S6Cx6fP.gif

VvhaKVl.gif

Isnt she man handling him too much??:tounge_wink: She is going to feel sorry after she comes to know that he is the future king.

5RTGw2Y.gif

cr: dc gall

Edited by pad-hari
post edited
  • Like 9
  • LOL 3

I just started watching this today and I'm all caught up now lol. 

Quick question, do we know who the baby daddy of the crown princess is? I thought for a moment it might be HS brother, but after today I'm leaning towards maybe the new "crown prince" or his little brother. The mom told him to be careful and that "one could find out how he feels about the crown princess".

Also, I think the Crown Princess will fake the pregnancy as LY/WD, I can already feel the angst and heartache, but i refuse to look away.:sweatingbullets:

• Like 10

Yaas! Mr. Dimples!:love: .  I do like that they are bringing another girl in for him. I don't want him to be too heartbroken. If KSH hasn't been lead in a drama yet, they need to make him one. (especially for a romcom). 

Glad we're starting to see some more movement in WD/HS relationship.   I hope they stay in this for another couple of episodes before it starts to get dark again.  I smile every time  CP/WD says .. .."OH HHO!"   And I'm loving the way he cowers when HS is angry at him.    I admit that was pretty swoony the way WD stepped in there and handled the situation with Sundo.

But it looks like HS is going to be the one that is flustered by him in future episodes.:wub: 

As far as his memory, I think what he remembers is when YiSeo grabbed him by the hand to hide him at her house when they were younger. (but he was grinning then ;) )

• Like 8

I kinda feel the writer is dragging the amnesia part too long as we have only 15 episodes which is unusual.  Even though the air time is like 80 mnts per episode,  i think they dont have enough time.  So, i hope they finish the amnesia part this week and LY come with a strategy to bring down the vice premier.  

Now that LY's education being a highlight in this episode, next is his bow/arrow skills.  I think his bow & arrow skills will be highlighted in tonite's episode.

here are some HD official pics from ep.5 released by tvN

3jYNfn7.jpg

AU4Y9dn.jpg

ChrDrjD.jpg

Spoiler
Spoiler

oAVrOGr.jpg

cr: as tagged.

• Like 9
23 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

.....The humorous beats in this drama are still not always firing for me, but what keeps this drama interesting are the characters. However, it's still a bit surreal when it switches from the humor of the village to the putrid politics of the royal palace. Perhaps that is deliberately so in that village life, even if hard and hardscrabble still has warmth and fun, while the palace remains a dismal and treacherous place.....

THIS!  When I was watching episode 5 this evening, I found myself skipping the video over the bits in the palace.  I just kinda did Not care.  The village scenes (in spite of the unpleasant old "birthday boy") were much less "Uncomfortable" and more interesting. 

And the prince is now becoming at least a tad less obnoxious--maybe his village experiences will teach him to be less indifferent to the pain of other people (and then I may not have to smack him over the head after all).

• Like 6
  • LOL 2

Finally got around to watching ep 5 with subs. Okay,  so many swoon-worthy moments but there is one thing that is really bugging me:

Has anyone noticed that DO never actually looked into Nam Ji Hyun's eyes? His gaze always landed on her forehead or eyebrows or something.  I could be reading too much into this but now i cant even enjoy a scene properly.  :sweatingbullets:

Anyway,  back to ep 5, i wish we could've had WD apologizing to HS for insulting her about being a concubine.  But then again, he did redeem himself by standing up for her during the birthday party,  so all is good then. 

I guess eventually HS will also help with transcribing hence her dozing off and sleeping on WD's shoulder as she is writing as in the preview. 

I love Mr Dimple but the gisaeng as his potential love interest feels so weird.  No intro on her character whatsoever and she just randomly shows up here and there.

As for MY/SH aka HS's bro,  i really dont feel like he can be redeemed now.  I hoped the arrow maker couldve survived the fall but didnt,  so that's another crime he committed.  Unless they start giving him a back story,  i dont buy it.  Such a shame,  he seemed like a wonderful big bro from HS's flashbacks.  

As for the kiss in preview, I feel like even if it happens,  it wont happen in tonight's  ep.  After studying their clothes during the scene,  i feel like this will be a real kiss scene,  and Hs wont back out at the last minute:

-WD and HS can be seen wearing the same hanboks during an upcoming scene where they have a meal with the villagers and WD will do that cute "hing!" thing and they all laugh. 

-They are also wearing the same hanboks in that scene where WD comforts an upset HS. HS tells him not to leave and to stay by her side and he promises to stay by her side forever. 

I am not sharing the scenes but if you guys can find it in the previews, you will notice it too. 

Also,  i think prince seowon is really the baby daddy.  He doesnt seem awful like his mom but he does seem to have a thing for the CPss. 

Given how much more of the story left to tell,  i feel like the plot is moving slow. WD needs to gain his memory and go back to being the CP for the palace politics to start. But before that,  his romance with HS needs to fully blossom too.  

Ok, enough from me.  I really should stop analysing the previews so much when i have an exam tomorrow.  Gah,  i'm screwed.  :crazy:

• Like 8

This is probably a silly question, but can someone explain the the meaning of "show me your wrist"? 

When Sundo asked HS to pour him something to drink, I know this is an act of a concubine, but can someone go into a little more detail about the significance of "showing wrists"?

Thanks in advance 

• Like 10

I am torn between wanting LY's memory to return quickly or not...

I enjoy seeing him slowly learn how to live as commoner and interactions with other villagers, and of course the development of the romance with wifey HS. But I can't wait for him to regain his memory so as to start bringing down Minister Kim, and to see how the villagers react when they find out WD is the CP. I'm sure it will be hilarious when that happened.

One month has already passed... and they are declaring CP's death already. It kinda made me worry how he is going to make his comeback to the palace after 100 days. Anyhow, I am sure it won't be soon for him to go back to the palace. He most likely will stay in the village even after regaining memory. Since Mr.Dimples knows HS, I think he will be the one to discover LY there in the village. And the guy who accidentally trip the girl at birthday party will probably play a part later in disclosing that there is this "genius" in that village.

My question still is, with the CPss around, will HS ever be made LY's legal wife then? Thus the need for queen material... The title kinda makes me worry because there seems to be a limit to their relationship -- 100 days? Cf. the drama Queen for 7 Days, but okay, so the genre is totally different. We will see a happy ending, won't we?

Also, who is the guy who handed LY's letter to Mr.Dimples?

9 hours ago, stroppyse said:

...When Mr. Dimples tells HS that he has prosopagnosia, but that he could recognize HS' face, it totally got me in the heart. Especially when he was musing that perhaps it was fate. My poor bleeding heart...

I felt the same too for that scene... Although his claim for prosopagnosia got me confused because he could easily interact with people around him. His superior (the guy in light purple costume), the guy handing him letter, the brother of CPss, CP himself, the guy he met when leaving the gisaeng place... Is he making the disease up with HS? I may have to rewatch his scenes when meeting with people, did he recognize them from the voice? from the clothes?

• Like 9

is face disorder the new "IT" thing in korean drama?

Do they fancy complex sounding words.. :D :D 

What's with someone or the other having this problem..

- Mr handsome and JE  had that shopkeeper who couldn't recognize faces

- Min ki won't recongnize faces in upcoming beauty inside

- our second lead in 100 prince doesn't recognize faces

- girl who sees smell, villain had it

can't recall, but so many more..

and i haven't even run into one person with the disorder

byt he way , isn't our second lead the long lost in millitary Wan Duek?

• Like 9
  • LOL 1
27 minutes ago, j9sshi said:

This is probably a silly question, but can someone explain the the meaning of "show me your wrist"? 

When Sundo asked HS to pour him something to drink, I know this is an act of a concubine, but can someone go into a little more detail about the significance of "showing wrists"?

Thanks in advance 

I'm not sure with the "showing wrist" but pouring drink for women in the Joseon era was considering the act of Gisaeng or concubine to their master. Means that the person ask for entertainment.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

@j9sshi @latuadi

I haven't watched episode 5 yet but in regards of "showing the wrist" I wanted to say that the wrist is one of the vulnerable parts of a woman's body. The kisaeng albeit being dressed seductively is still pretty much covered for a woman who entertains men. The wrist and the neck are considered as the most vulnerable part of a woman, same goes for the ankles by the way. So if a kisaeng is showing her wrist it's like she presenting herself as vulnerable and therefore even more seductive.

Hence why kisaeng also tend to show off their ankles and underskirts by hiking up their skirt and holding it up with a strap. Or wearing shorter jackets to show the part of the skirt underneath where also the bosom is.

Spoiler

htm_200611240921200201000002010200-002.j

Kisaeng are in that way a bit more showing off than let's say Geishas who are solely there to entertain men by dance, music and presence/conversation. The only part of their body - covered by the kimono - they show is the neck which leaves a small part of their bare skin free of the white paint. It's seductive and meant to give pleasure just by showing. :)

Spoiler

956c9ba293f90bcd934320f19da34cd7.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4

I wonder when will HS realize that she married a nobleman.  Since day 1, WD has this aura of a yangban.  Just the way he stands with hands behind his back and his manner of speaking is very telling not to mention his penchant for expensive things and food.  I hope this time, knowing he can read and write, she'll finally figure it out.  She's supposed to be smart, right?

• Like 9

NJY instagram update:love:.  i want to see NJY in beautiful hanboks rather than those rag hanboks.  Me too, i am also uncomfortable like Yul to see the beautiful people in rags like haboks.

Tonite's official pics.  So MY is there in the village to look for our prince.  will HS meet her orabonni tonite?  Will they both recognize each other:cold_sweat:

PeOQmBP.jpg

tQK6Lhl.jpg

Spoiler

zySYlmx.jpg

EbNnmBd.jpg

• Like 10
14 hours ago, dito said:

....lets not cast off the theory of the LY's brother being the baby daddy just yet....today when he is told about his brother's death his first question was what about the crown princess....and he seemed worried for her.... let's confirm after subs.

Sorry for cutting your post. After watching the episode I think LY's brother has become the strongest contender of being the baby daddy, maybe even surpassing MY. The Crown Princess was always aware that she was meant to marry LY so she having feeling for MY a supposed mere servant/bodyguard seems slim. Plus the minute the stepbrother talked about the Crown Princess, the Queen shushed her son and talked about them getting in trouble if anyone knew the truth. Me thinks the Queen is perfectly aware of what her precious was upto with his sister in law. If the Prince is the baby daddy, what will happen to him if the truth comes out when LY comes back? Will he be killed for treason too? Or will his position save him?

Coming to the OTP, I am so happy LY did not create any new trouble in this episode and the romance is chugging along at a great pace. Since the show is 15 episodes and not 16, I think the kiss may not be a fake out. After all there's a lot of show, LY still has to get his memory back and HS and him haven't even started their detective agency yet.

• Like 9
2 minutes ago, YourHighness . said:

Sorry for cutting your post. After watching the episode I think LY's brother has become the strongest contender of being the baby daddy, maybe even surpassing MY. The Crown Princess was always aware that she was meant to marry LY so she having feeling for MY a supposed mere servant/bodyguard seems slim. Plus the minute the stepbrother talked about the Crown Princess, the Queen shushed her son and talked about them getting in trouble if anyone knew the truth. Me thinks the Queen is perfectly aware of what her precious was upto with his sister in law. If the Prince is the baby daddy, what will happen to him if the truth comes out when LY comes back? Will he be killed for treason too? Or will his position save him?

Coming to the OTP, I am so happy LY did not create any new trouble in this episode and the romance is chugging along at a great pace. Since the show is 15 episodes and not 16, I think the kiss may not be a fake out. After all there's a lot of show, LY still has to get his memory back and HS and him haven't even started their detective agency yet.

that's weird, why is it 15 episodes?.. 

typically its an even number.. were they hard pressed because of something and had to cut down by 1 episode?

• Like 6
  • Jillia changed the title to [Drama 2018] 100 Days My Prince / Hundred Days' Husband, 백일의 낭군님