bRXiZ71.jpg

vo3Qxvy.jpg

Spoiler

ULicytj.jpg

rWAZdd4.jpg

Fanart

Spoiler

zB7Ut8R.png

They are cute.  HOpe for more and rising chemistry between them.  Still awkward though from the bts video

Spoiler

RFVdiM3.gif

Looking forward to this scene

Spoiler

1yRenmO.gif

cr: dc gall

• Like 8

I am loving this drama so far. Hong Shim is so sassy. Won Deuk is pitiful cute.

Also, I cannot with myself for making this. Kyungsoo inception.

• Like 3

What I dont like is that HS's brother is a brutal killer. He just follow his order without question. Maybe later on, it will be explain why is he doing that. But so far, he is just a typical ruthless assassin. I cant figure out yet his justification if his target his revenge toward the people to killed his father.  

• Like 5

NVM... Found answer. He was just guesting on the show. 

I must’ve missed this-

Did CP’s bodyguard end up dying? That would be sad. I really like Do Ji-Han.

Edited by chdom
Found answer to my question
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, chdom said:

I must’ve missed this-

Did CP’s bodyguard end up dying? That would be sad. I really like Do Ji-Han.

Yes. his bodyguard already die after being shot by arrow and fell to the cliff.

After watching ep 4, I have some thoughts

- HS doesnt know that WD is the same person that promised to marry her when they were kids. In ep 4, she just said that to him without realising that just to get a grip on himself. 

- WD already remember who actually he is after some memories flashback and I doubt that he know that HS and YIS is the same person for this time being.

- WD might know that HS and YIS is the same person after he return back to the palace. There are scene on mv that he and HS sitting faced each other while HS smiled at him.

- Back in times, LY is not a CP yet when they were kids. She only knew that LY is from the noble family. Again, at that time, she maybe not know that CP/LY/WD is the same person who promised to marry her when they were kids

These are just my thoughts. Tbh, I really really want WD noticed that HS and YIS is the same person. 

Edited by triplem
Pls do not post consecutively within an hour. Edit to add
  • Like 6

26 minutes ago, deanne3004 said:

Yes. his bodyguard already die after being shot by arrow and fell to the cliff.

things is, the viewer were never shown the bodyguard body. He is quiet a popular actor. I dont think the director going to killed his character just like that...

I just realize that the bodyguard might really died cos DJH was just a guest appearance  for the drama... i had hope otherwise. Want to see more of CP and his bodyguard.

• Like 5

WD is frustrating, but cute haha I want his amnesia to cure in next few episodes. I don't want all their memories be in amnesia state and I also know that they can't be together if he regains the memory unless he pretends in order to stay longer with her and to knew who she is

d761b17c78aaef92050b7c1b34597a3f13b7c8ad

ab9f5fad0d568be37f6d12c2991a2653b41d9746

OMG this cutie 

• Like 8

cr: NJY instagram.  :wub:Cute she is!!!!! She posted that she wanted to do a happy dance in the morning as the ratings surpassed 7.3% and 8.4%.  i think its 7.3%-nationwide and 8.4%-Seoul

My take on the prince's memory return is, he is able to figure out something but not yet.  He is feeling something for HS but he is not still there yet.  Its going to be hundred days training  for LY to be a great prince under Hong shim.  she is going to bring back his memories and make him a good king.   From the preview, i think he will make a trip to hanyang to figure something out for his memories to return.

0QvwwTI.jpg

I agree with all that has been posted by @anjelikaeyes13 :thumbsup:

And also hope as @USAFarmgirl posted,

Always hoping for a little more romance before his return to the palace and who knows a baby in the making of his own wouldn't be to bad either LOL  That is wishful thinking...  Where is that fairy godmother at anyways???

:tounge_wink:

• Like 5
  • LOL 3

Havent watched ep 4 fully yet but would like to point out some things:

1) BIGGEST ANNOYANCE SO FAR: previews that do not reflect the next ep.  I mean,  the scenes from the previews clearly will not all happen in the next ep,  or even its following ep,  which drives me crazy from anticipation. They seriously make me question my judgment to follow a currently airing drama instead of waiting for the drama to finish its run first.. :bawling:

2) Well-cast actors,  even though at this point the star for me is NJH.  I guess most would choose DO and i might be biased because im a NJH fan and she is the attraction for me to watch this drama, BUT,  she is clearly the stronger actor.  Not that DO is bad,  he really is good considering his main career as an idol, but i think this has to do with the fact that DO's roles themselves are much more in tune with his real personality so i dont feel like it is a biggger challenge to play such roles. Having said that,  i hope to see him play more versatile roles in his expanding and bright acting career.  As LY/WD, he is doing very well because of his body language,  and of course, the X factor for me, which is his deep voice.  

3) The bodyguard/assassin/HS's brother.  I believe he will be redeemed,  but after seeing him kill that bow and arrow maker,  who was completely innocent btw,  and not part of the party he should hold revenge against, i am seriously disliking his character.  It will take a serious plot twist to redeen his character later,  if ever. 

4) i like the second male lead.  Though we have yet to see him a lot,  but he is probably LY's only ally in the palace, except for his now-dead bodyguard/childhood bestie.  He is wise, he is uncorrupted,  and he is aware of his origins.  I am looking forward to their bromance. And of course,  his courting of HS.  I want to see how LY/WD will react. 

5) the CP. I still remember the character chart released earlier shows that her relationship with LY will be love-hate. I still feel like she is not as evil as he dad and sister,  but perhaps her actions have been motivated by being abandoned and ignored by her husband.  Feel bad for her a little bit.

6) the truth of WD.  I am confused here because HS said to her father that WD is a made up character to get people off her back on marriage. But then,  she seems genuinely curious about WD by asking questions to her father.  So i guess even HS is unaware that WD is fictitious. And the culprit here is her father. That means both WD and HS will feel betrayed when the truth comes to light.  

P/S: just something on the BTS..  I feel like DO wasnt so awkward with NJH as their filming progressed. He helped her, gave that bro hug,  and was even seen laughing on set.  But that awkwardness in their interviews, hmmm...  Could be just his personality:grimace:

• Like 10

I actually understand the frustration with Lee Yul aka Won Deok. Still haven't seen episode 4, so what I'm writing is based on episode 3.

I empathize with Won Deok and his situation. He wakes up without any memory and finds himself getting married to a woman he doesn't know. Hong Shim gives him a way out by telling him that they can part ways in the future without any obligations.

So Won Deok is in a place he doesn't know, married to a woman he doesn't know nor love (yet). He vaguely knows something is wrong. And the only thing what is left of his memory is that he finds everything "uncomfortable" which at first was somewhat getting on my nerves but on the other hand it was the essence of his life as Crown Prince as well. If anything is left from his past it's this.

Also, he resented taking a bath in rosewater but easily finds his way into a nobleman's home to take a bath and find clean clothes. Everything he resented as a crown prince he is unconsciously looking for now.

And remember he honestly was unsufferable prior to his memory loss as well. Yes, he was in a situation he found unbearable: being a crown prince against his will. So it's not so far off he doesn't change after his memory loss. Which also shows he will sooner than later regain his memories.

In end needs to take down the people in the palace who manipulate his father and himself. And he needs to become a good king to the people. The fact he has given the scholars in the first episode the riddle shows he has it in him to be a good king. The answer to that riddle I mean. :)

• Like 9

@TheMsChelsea91 

I understand your opinion since you're a fan of NamJihyun but your statement about Kyungsoo's filmography is very wrong. I'd like to assume that you didn't watch many of his works because he took various different roles in the past. From gloomy/rebellious to bright, from innocent to evil, from depressed to talkative, he's done them all. Most of them have no similarities to his true self. I wonder how you were so sure that the role is in tune with his personality while you're not a fan of his.

Reversely, I watched some of Nam Jihyun's shows and  I spotted many shared traits of her previous roles to Hongshim. 

It's fine when you compare their acting skills. Just want to correct you on that. No offense.

• Like 3

I hope, the amnesia doesn't last too long because I want to see the bromance between the crown prince LY and Jung Jae Yoon. Moreover, even without the amnesia, LY didn't know that YI/HS survived. 

• Like 10

I am assuming the setting is Joseon? I understand that this drama is not based on any real life princes or kings (phew!) I remember watching Secret Door and knowing the agony of the end kind of put me off drama based on real life characters.

• Like 4
  • LOL 2

4 hours ago, Dramanoona said:

I am assuming the setting is Joseon? I understand that this drama is not based on any real life princes or kings (phew!) I remember watching Secret Door and knowing the agony of the end kind of put me off drama based on real life characters.

Yes, most dramas these days are set in Joseon era because it covers a large part of Korean history. And I think if the drama was based on real people they wouldn't be able to have so much freedom with the plot and characters which don't exist. :)

• Like 3

@Jillia I like it...first episode down! Truth be told I am actually here for my mr dimples Kim Sun Ho...I was being wishy washy about whether I should watch this or not since it would be one where he won't be getting the girl... but then look at these dimples...they kept calling me...:w00t:...If he is not going to get the girl , I hope he gets decent screen time and personality.  :D 

HMjxb8q.gif

I am usually not  a fan of  Sageuk  because I get enough of palace politics and intrigue from my c dramas. But I think the cast ( and those dimples!)  drew me in. The OTP seems like a good match . What I liked about eps 1 was that the child actors did a pretty decent job in setting up the OTP's fateful encounter and love story.   SK has some really talented young actors. I still remember how fantastic the child actors in Come and Hug Me was in laying the foundation for the adult OTP, and I can see that here as well. 

The pace of eps one was pretty good IMO - it gives you some insight to why our Crown Prince is not exactly a bowl of sunshine ! The poor chap witnessed his father's underhanded ways in seizing the crown , saw with his own eyes the murder of his crush's family and then grew up without the presence of his mother whom he loved dearly. In this day and age , I am sure one would need lots of therapy to get over things like these.  :sweatingbullets:.  

The k drama writers do understand their target audience. It is no surprise to me that the female lead is written to be sassy and a tough cookie. It is a good thing that NJH is able to carry the role and make her rather endearing. It's definitely tragic what happened to her but I like that there was no need for us to throw her a pity party. 

Anyway i am off to watch the rest. Those dimples better show up more :D 

Edited by triplem
  • Like 9
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, tianaa said:

I don't want all their memories be in amnesia state and I also know that they can't be together if he regains the memory unless he pretends in order to stay longer with her and to knew who she is

I think LY is getting some of his memories back, but doesn't have them all back yet. At this point in the story, if he had regained all of his memories, he would probably make a hasty return to the Palace to claim his rightful place, especially since he's so uncomfortable where he is. However, he is getting used to being with HS in the reduced circumstances. So, when he finally recalls his memories of the assassination attempt, he'll still probably stay with HS while he is figuring out who ordered the assassination. When he does remember and starts to investigate it, that's when I think HS will work with him to help him find the answers. So, I expect that they will be together, at least for awhile, even after he finally regains his memories. The question then will be when he lets HS knows who he is.

5 hours ago, Dramanoona said:

Yes, it's set in the House of Joseon. The big tip off, by the way, if you're not quite familiar with the costumes and culture which are also clues, is that the Crown Prince's name is Lee Yool. Lee was the royal house during the Joseon Period. Also, Lee is the same as Yi in Korean, so even though the spelling are different in English, in Hangul Lee=Yi.

2 hours ago, triplem said:

Anyway i am off to watch the rest. Those dimples better show up more :D 

So happy that you're here to watch the episodes with us! But, the rest of us should brace ourselves for MAJOR second lead syndrome emanations. :D:lol:J/K

Actually, Jong Jae Yoon (Mr. Dimple's character name) is very interesting and poses a bit of a mystery as well in terms of how he knows HS since she does not recognize him, but he was waiting for her.

9 hours ago, TheMsChelsea91 said:

2) Well-cast actors,  even though at this point the star for me is NJH.  I guess most would choose DO and i might be biased because im a NJH fan and she is the attraction for me to watch this drama, BUT,  she is clearly the stronger actor.  Not that DO is bad,  he really is good considering his main career as an idol, but i think this has to do with the fact that DO's roles themselves are much more in tune with his real personality so i dont feel like it is a biggger challenge to play such roles. Having said that,  i hope to see him play more versatile roles in his expanding and bright acting career.  As LY/WD, he is doing very well because of his body language,  and of course, the X factor for me, which is his deep voice.  

I think NJH is doing well also. I've been a big fan of hers since her childhood role days, and since she's blossomed as an adult actress is WWWTF. I agree that she's doing a lot of heavy lifting in this drama, including with the humor which can get a bit awkward at times, but is clearly the writing. However, I'm not sure I agree with your assessment of DO's roles as being in tune with his real personality. One of the things I admire about DO is that he's taken some risks to do some roles that took him away from his polished idol persona. Another is that, rather than trying to jump quickly into a lead role, he's taken time to do supporting roles first. (In that sense, I probably put him in a similar category to Lee Joon who also has had an interesting and well managed acting career arc, IMHO anyway.) DO still needs more experience and seasoning, but I don't know that LY is a reflection of his true personality or not, and I don't care.

What is more interesting to me is whether he handles the character of LY well. In that sense, it's still a bit of a mixed score card for me. I think he's been good in his scenes, but it feels as if he hasn't been given a lot to do as yet, other than be stoic as a reaction to his horror and unhappiness during his palace scenes, and then be uncomfortable and lost, though maintaining his innate arrogance, in the amnesia scenes. So, in the sense that he's been able to convey those emotions, I think he's been good thus far, but I'm looking forward to what he can do with more material in the upcoming episodes. Plus, the chemistry between LY and HS has been on a slow burn, so hopefully, it'll fully materialize and become something special. Otherwise, I might have to join @triplem on the SLS since I did feel a spark when JJY met HS on the bridge. :)

Also, I was also sad to see Do Ji Han killed off so quickly. :( But, it was still nice to see him, even if only in a cameo. I was pleasantly surprised to see him in the early episodes. :)

• Like 9
  • LOL 1

Finished ep 4 with subtitle. Won Deuk a~ you caused so much trouble but why I can't hate you. You cute little troublemaker :tounge_xd:. Those winks are killing me. 

13 hours ago, pad-hari said:

They are cute.  HOpe for more and rising chemistry between them.  Still awkward though from the bts video

They are super cute. :heart: More bts please.

Can tomorrow be Monday already??? I can't wait for ep 5.

• Like 4

First of all: Welcome to this thread, @triplem! :D Let's have lots of fun watching and discussing this drama. I can say you won't have to worry about the scene distribution for Mr Dimples (I will from now on call him by this name! :P ). What the writer is doing well is giving each character enough screentime in each episode. There is a lot of jumping back and forth but at least that doesn't feel restless but gives a nice view into everyone's perspectives and developments.

And Mr Dimples character, like @stroppyse says, holds some secrets on his own. He is smart but he holds no high position since he is the son of concubine - which is very vague and I want to know more about that.

He is also investigating the case that Lee Yul was investigating to figure out the reason why he disappeared and if this case got something to do with that. So I don't think you have to worry. 

Also: there will be some more scenes with Hong Shim to feed the SLS. :lol: 

I watched episode 4 and I have to admit I found Lee Yul annoying. :lol:  I mean in the end it led to a realisation: that he needs to figure out who he is and about his so-called promise to Hong Shim. I'm a bit worried about Hong Shim since she is using her memories about Lee Yul to manipulate Won Deok. Yes, he IS Lee Yul... still she is trying to make him stay, not knowing who he is. Yes, in the end if he remembers his promise and realizes that Hong Shim knows about this promise... he will come to the conclusion that Hong Shim is Yi Seo and still alive. So maybe it's a smart move by the writer. We'll see.

I hope Lee Yul and Hong Shim will actually end up looking for his true identity. And I'm pretty sure since Hong Shim leaves once a month to go to Hanyang will lead to Lee Yul following her and maybe he will meet Mr Dimples who knows who Won Deok really is. 

On another note: OH NO! Why, Moo Yeon, WHY!? This was unnecessary! Don't want to spoil anything but was this scene in episode 4 the point of no return for him?

• Like 7
  • LOL 1

11 hours ago, Dramanoona said:

I understand that this drama is not based on any real life princes or kings (phew!)

I'll second that (phew!). That's what I said to myself when I read the characters were fictional. So many of them have such sad endings, so I tend to shy away from sageuks.  

But I need this drama to continue to pick up on the comedy because for some reason it's making me a bit antsy. @TheMsChelsea91 I was just wondering if I should just wait 'till it finishes myself. .... but I'm kinda hooked. I'm hoping that because I read that we're supposed to get 15 episodes plus 1 special, we'll be getting a happy ending?

@Jillia Thanks for pointing out Won Deuk/CP's perspective. I agree with everything you said. Though it's interesting that they did decide to leave the personality or essence of the CP, so it wasn't a complete memory wipe. Usually don't many amnesia victims get a little bit of a character change because they don't even remember the sufferings that created their personalities in the first place?

5 hours ago, Jillia said:

I'm a bit worried about Hong Shim since she is using her memories about Lee Yul to manipulate Won Deok. Yes, he IS Lee Yul... still she is trying to make him stay, not knowing who he is. Yes, in the end if he remembers his promise and realizes that Hong Shim knows about this promise... he will come to the conclusion that Hong Shim is Yi Seo and still alive. So maybe it's a smart move by the writer. We'll see.

both Hong Shim and her father are using Won Deok's situation for their advantage but that's out of survival. Be killed, or be some 80yr old's concubine? Let Won Deok walk away, and get sold into slavery for all the debt that he racked up, and can't pay?

I feel like Won Deuk has been testing out their story of his and Hong Shim's connection. Doing things like getting close to her to see if there is any feelings. He knows he's a fish out of water, he knows he's more comfortable with the "finer" things,  (and for the life of me, I can't figure out why no one else can make the connection, that this man who has lost his memory, from the way he walks (first clue), the way he talks, and his actions, that he doesn't come from nobility. But I digress, we're in kdramaland afterall. :) ).  I believe his sub-conscience knows that Yi Seo is still alive, from the moment he saw her under the cherry blossoms as CP.  Then after everything they've told him about his supposed past the one thing that sticks and jars him is when HS intertwined her own memory of a confession and proposal under the cherry blossom shower to the story of his past as Won Deuk. 

15 hours ago, pad-hari said:

Its going to be hundred days training  for LY to be a great prince under Hong shim. 

Yes! Sassy girl Hong Shim. I hope it's like a reversal Taming of the Shrew!

Mr. Dimples!!!!!:):wub:

P.S.....And this is why I silently lurk most of the time, because I'm too wordy :) 

• Like 6
  • LOL 1