[Drama 2018] 100 Days My Prince / Hundred Days' Husband, 백일의 낭군님

0ly40

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:love: thanks to all the casts for your hardwork. writer-nim. pd-nim. thanks for pairing them as a couple. WonShim .. :heart: thanks for the best supporting actors behind this drama :D and for jihyunnie and kyungsoo i'm very impressed with your acting skill and chemistry on/off screen. :love: this drama will be my fav list drama. :blush: and congrats for the great ratings. :thumbsup: at least it's happy ending guys! :lol::lol: 

I'm a huge Saguk fan I've been quitely reading the thread not posting much after I watched episodes but I;m kind of disappointed that we didn't get a scene of her entering the palace dressed as a crown princess atleast a scene with the both of them paying  a visit to the King.. I know those ministers has to be kicking up a fuss about him not being married.. 

I'm not very satisfied with last ep

I think the writer, in the beginning, wanted 15 eps so why each ep is longer than other"s drama

but the production wants once more bc of the success

so why they must lengthen the story

KCE died so soon and after ..... it's talked about people in the village !

I need the sub to know why Yi Suk doesn"t want staying with LY

Btw MY is luckier than KCE ..... MY is loved by 2 weman : So Hee and his sister

and he has a brothehood is very loyal to him into the end

KCE has nobody even his children don't love him haizzz

Bon; I waited a beautiful royal wedding but ................just a kiss !

4 minutes ago, diane90 said:

I think the writer, in the beginning, wanted 15 eps so why each ep is longer than other"s drama

but the production wants once more bc of the success

so why they must lengthen the story

But I remember reading that this drama is pre-produced, so ratings shouldn't have had any influence on the length or how the drama ends.

For me the perfect ending would have been the two getting married at the palace and then going together to his private rooms. They would look at each other (or maybe hug/kiss) while the eunuchs close the doors. Then the camera would follow the head eunuch walking outside and it would start raining. :P

I watched it raw and I'm a bit disappointed about KCE. I mean...eh??? He just died like that? it was so underwhelming and such a waste of the character and the build up in ep 15 :/ I was emotionally ready for revenge, more mind battles and fights but then it ended suddenly. and then so early? it was like 30-35min into episode, the rest was filled with many unnecessary scenes where the time could have used for some explanations. I have so many questions, I don't even know where to begin with...aigoo maybe I'm too harsh (I've been a bit out of touch with k-dramas...well)

But big applause to the cast, especially they carried ep 16

overall also to the cinematographer, costume designer (or the hanbok lady) and the location director(?) for showing us such beautiful landscapes. It was aesthetically very pleasing!

And also I probably belong to minority but I like that the ending was showing them in "their garden" not in the palace. Because my take is, young LY made a marriage promise to HS when they were outside in the forest. Then when they met again it was outside of the palace. And their love for each other developed in their house (outside the palace) so that scene with the cherry blossom was perfect for me. 

And LOL 

Some pics and videos from the wrap party 

A video of the cast arriving the at venue. NJH pulled a ninja and posted a pic of herself inside the place on her instagram.  And Kyungsoo why are you so unconsciously funny ^^

Spoiler

Cast celebrating the end

Spoiler

Father & sons spotted aka Lee family 

Spoiler

Prince Seowon posted an almost identical pic and wrote

You worked hard, hyung-nim

behind the scenes pics from our new governor 

Spoiler

Nah ending had to be in the village not the palace.  There would be no kiss in the Palace, no laughter, no shenanigans.  Rituals would be upheld.  It would be stiff as...protocols to be followed...eunuchs/court maids always around...never a moment alone...Ever watched a Royal Wedding?  As opposed to one in a Rustic Garden setting?

It is apt that it ended in the village where warm hearted friends are throwing confetti in the form of petals and wishing you well.  Once they return to the Palace it would be protocols and strict rules to adhere to.  So CPss was banished?  To live alone with her baby?  Did Seowon go to her?  I thought I saw a clip where they met again.

I am happy now to watch subbed knowing I will see a happy ending. :wub:

2 hours ago, nrllee said:

Nah ending had to be in the village not the palace.  There would be no kiss in the Palace, no laughter, no shenanigans.  Rituals would be upheld.  It would be stiff as...protocols to be followed...eunuchs/court maids always around...never a moment alone...Ever watched a Royal Wedding?  As opposed to one in a Rustic Garden setting?

It is apt that it ended in the village where warm hearted friends are throwing confetti in the form of petals and wishing you well.  Once they return to the Palace it would be protocols and strict rules to adhere to.  So CPss was banished?  To live alone with her baby?  Did Seowon go to her?  I thought I saw a clip where they met again.

I am happy now to watch subbed knowing I will see a happy ending. :wub:

This!  The village was the best place for the ending.

As to the CPs, I think that she must have gone to the house that MY had prepared.  That would be really appropriate.

I LOVED the ending.  Never been one for bed scenes.  It was romantic and it encompassed everything I like about KDrama - restraint and deep connections necessary for real love.  Chaste kisses.  All about the suggestion and never the big reveal.  Always leave room for the imagination.

Forget writing a card to your beloved.  Write volumes of love letters in journals depicting your longing, your desire, your undying love.  Sigh...so romantic... And he pens/verbalises his final journal entry to her as a proposal.

And they lived happily ever after.

THE END. :wub:

EDIT - if there was one criticism I had to pen it would be the VERY abrupt mood change in the Palace after KCE's death and the sudden change in demeanour of everyone in the Palace (even the 'bad' people).  It was very hard to buy into the comedy and how everyone is suddenly "nice" when all that time since Ep 1 there was plotting, regulations and power play.  Other than that, I was satisfied.

16 hours ago, Dramanoona said:

Don't think KCE will die so quickly.

LY wants to make him suffer and become a broken man.

How can this be done?

1. Remove all his wealth, his reputation, his dignity
  2. Have his daughter testify regarding what her father has done (I think the worse which could happen would be she becomes a slave?) I have a feeling she may kill herself once her child is born - which includes the assassination attempt on the CP.
  3. Have his attempt to provoke a war with the Chinese revealed and himself revealed as a traitor.
  4. Have the Minister of War and the other minions betray him by revealing all that he had done. [I think they will rat him out once they see that their necks are on the line]
  5. instead of a beheading or execution - reduce him to a slave position.

However, I think the worse for him is to realise that his children has abandoned him. [Not sure about the son. I am sure he is not part of the conspiracy to kill the CP but he is a weak man. ]

I suppose my ending for KCE was too complicated? Hmmmm...

Edit:

The ratings... just wow.

I think (hope) this is the (re) beginning of preproduced dramas.

The cast looked healthy from beginning to end compared with some dramas which live film and the actors start to look haggard towards the end of the drama.

@nrllee I agree with your analogy. Also, last night while watching the stream I am not ready for long battle; I don’t like dragging battle. I want the back story of how to get back to Hong Shim since she is also principled that she’s not worthy of prince Yul love and being together with the prince because she thinks she has the traitor’s blood.  She goes back to the community that adopted her as helpful Hong Shim. Simple yet healing. 

Moo Yeon leaving his sister - I think it needs to happen because he knows being assasin and then runaway with princess will not make things alright. Being deposed as the princess will be much better for the child and princess at least they are protected and fed for life. 

Palace has too much restriction. Everything is pushed or shoved to you by greedy and power-hungry people. It has to stop.   I love the love of ther Village in effort to support their love story — throw cherry blossom. That’s amazing love. But she was invited to the palace right?  They will have lots of time for one with hope for. But sure it will not be shown. It’s for teasing purposes only.  

Kyung Soo and Nam Ji Hyun together with all the casts — they gave the best acting even the editing was bad or for us written “poorly”. We were hooked with their delivery of lines, cinematography and not to mention musical scores used; we laugh so hard, they tease and killed us with their cheesy lines, oho, am I the one only uncomfortable, more oho; we cried so hard too. We cringed in anger towards the perfect villain and walah he just died like that. VM has still has the last say “I never intend to live the life you wanted to me.” He was there remember.  That’s the reason of his greedyness.  But I love that VM used the blank King’s command to protect his children. The drama was overloaded with funny scenes, crying scenes and excitement scenes that even we become “pervy..” I also love the sword fight. Amazing! The banter of two intelligent person. hahaha hehehe. So I know we are still satisfied. 

Anyway, thank you all. See you in the next drama we will watch. I enjoyed everyone’s opinion and how each of us were respectful to each other.  I hope it’s like this in my office. Hahhaa! you all allowed me to be peaceful to destressed from work. #Forever100DMP.

Note, simple plug (sorry. if not permitted please delete): I’ll go ajumma-fangirling with Exo’s comeback on 2 Nov. I know I never thought at my age to like KPOP idol. I should have never started or tried but I fell in the trap of their goofyness, savageness, maturity in handling their fans but really babies, fashion shows, powerful vocals and amazing  dancing. Their concerts is something to look forward - not just amazing performance but outstanding production (including lights, video juice, sounds and stage which is somehow my side work).  This group has a lot of things to show and I like their individuality haha! Also waiting for “Roh Ki Soo’s Swing Kids which stars D.O. (Kyung Soo) as tap dancer North Korean to be released this December.  So don’t start fangirling with KPoP-Idol.  It distracts you more. hahhaa

Again thank you everyone! @Dramanoona thank you for recapping; @stroppyse and @triplem, @USAFarmgirl @Jillia thank you always for making me enjoy my joining of forums. I’ve seen you all in other forums and the most reliable and level headed people in this forum! 

Edit: I forgot this - “Love is not about winning and receiving but its about giving.” Intelligent Palace Librarian. 

5 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Would you mind providing me with a clip? I don't have time to go search for it right now. I'm trying to sneak in a read of this forum while working. Shhhh. :D Otherwise, if you can wait until I get a chance to watch the whole episode, that would be good. 

edit: Do you mean from MY's dying scene from episode 15?

Yes, towards the end of ep.15. Talking about dandelions. I will try to find clips because I don't know how to make one.

I’m watching the last episode and while I thoroughly enjoyed this show, it feels like they didn’t have enough time to wrap the story up properly. I have so many questions:

1. What happened with the war? KCE’s use of the Ming army base to meet with LY is odd to say the least. Why would the Ming army wish to be part of such a petty domestic dispute? What would then have made the Jurchens stop the war they were duped to participate in?

2. KCE’s death was too easy. Where did the crown prince suddenly get an army of archers amongst the people who were so clearly in the Vice-Premier’s pockets? And how was it that he knew too he had lost the battle (cf. the scene where he writes his will using the king’s seal)?

3. How did HS get involved in the Vice-Premier’s plot against the Crown Prince? Am I to make leaps in logic gaps that HS told her brother’s friend, who pretended to tell the Vice-Premier that he kidnaped her, and so the Vice-Premier thought he had her as bait to trap the Crown Prince?

4. The queen’s scheming to put her son on the throne. Does it stop just because the king is abdicating to spend more time with her?

I am... uncomfortable. :lol:

@gilaswan yeah I feel you. I decided to leave my brain at the door after Ep 15. The whole Ming sub plot was just unnecessary...the only thing gained was that LY was warned to beware of KCE?  The whole war and how it started and ended was just odd... yes to all your other points too... so strange the sudden change in scheming and dark to comical and light in the Palace characters.  Looks like Seowon got his wish finally as he visits exCPss in the hut.

@misskym86 I thought nanny was the Court lady who was always by CPss' side?  Could be wrong but that was who I assumed she was.

Finally watched the final episode .. gonna miss this drama freal:bawling:

Loved how they brought the comedy back, it made the finale more fun despite having so many unclear things like why CPss brother is under watch in the village, instead of being with his sister or how the Queen let Prince Seowon visit the CPss and and and ...! 

Have a royal wedding would have be great to see but oh well.

Archived