[Drama 2018] 100 Days My Prince / Hundred Days' Husband, 백일의 낭군님

0ly40

I was not expecting another kiss TT and that close up of it gave me almost a heart attack. 

qv1qQGY.gif

I'm still recovering from it but it was beautiful :wub::wub::wub: (who knew kyungsoo-yah who knew :P

CPss and MY relationship is such a doomed-tragic love story. So much sadness in both their lives, and the only light, at least, for the CPss is MY. You could see that little smile she had on her way her home after meeting MY. I'm sure that he's the father. She denied it because she wants to protect him. Also the reason why she shot an arrow to him. That's my guess. 

Not really sure about his feelings. It could be either resposibility or gratitude, or mix of both but he has definitely feelings for her. Please writer-nim, give them a sort of happy ending 

Jeyoon-ah, I have done you wrong. You were working secretly. thank you. also taking care of eunuch yang, I was in tears when LY finally met him TT 

That riddle scene with the uncomfortable thing was a bonding moment for LY and him, right?! bromance here we come :D

Shoutout to HS's friends! they are awesome :) 

I'm going to watch ep14 again to catch all details especially with LY's diary. But that's what I got from the first view. 

Lastly, I don't know what to expect from the preview. For sure we'll have the showdown between KCE and LY. But HS and LY's part is rather gloomy??? 

And DAEBAK to the ratings, new record 12.7% average, and peaked at 14.3% 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Jillia said:

Yes, it only does have 15 episodes. :)

From the english version of wiki, the no. of episodes is 15 (+1 special), each of 80 minutes.

But from the chinese version, the no. of episodes is 16, each of about 75 minutes.

And 1 special episodehas already aired before EP1.

So I am not sure if there are 15 or 16 episodes in total. 

35 minutes ago, spark101 said:

So it looks like the "special episode" sounds more like an epilogue rather than a behind-the-scenes type thing? Does anyone know more info about this? I'm confused how everyone's phrasing it, 2 episodes left, 1 episode left...

Same here, I'm kinda confused with the 'special episode', but I think it's like 'Descendants of the Sun'. DOTS has 16 eps + 3 special episodes with total of 19eps. So I assume it's another whole episode that continues the story or just like what you said, probably more like an epilogue. I dont get why they still have to call it 'special' tho. Hello chingus, enlighten us please! :lol:

1 hour ago, spark101 said:

So it looks like the "special episode" sounds more like an epilogue rather than a behind-the-scenes type thing? Does anyone know more info about this? I'm confused how everyone's phrasing it, 2 episodes left, 1 episode left...

I get the feeling they will use it to fill in the blanks for us...the red bracelet, the story behind the baby's father, how HS met her adopted father etc.  I have had another thought about that whole encounter between CPrincess and MY which fits in with the thinking that MY is a man of honor (and he is not the baby's father). I will write more later when I have time. Busy right now.

2 hours ago, nrllee said:

Perhaps.  Guess we'll have to wait a week to find out... :lol:

To quote Yogi Berra, "It ain't over till it's over."  :D 

Anything could happen for sure, and I could be totally wrong.  You could be totally right.  That's the fun thing about waiting to see what happens on dramas; and it's the thing that makes them so fun to discuss.

By the way, I also thought that the dandelion was a huge clue (someone else mentioned this earlier).  ;)

.....editing to add that MyDramaList has this show as 16 1-hour/10-minute episodes.

So confusing!  I wish we knew how many more episodes were were getting.  Only one episode seems impossible to tell the rest of the story unless something dreadful happens and they do a Mr. Sunshine ending where everyone expires.  Please, no!

4 hours ago, thistle said:

Jo Hyun Shik is the actor who plays the eunuch Yang.  (Some may also remember that he played one of Chan's rowing buddies on Thirty But Seventeen.)  He may only do "bit" parts and side roles in dramas but, oh my, what an excellent actor!  It's like a gift to see someone who fulfills a role so well.  Others may earn their place simply because they are handsome or pretty or whatever while having only a little talent to call upon (we all know that there are many like that) but this guy is earning his stripes the hard way by being a true actor.  I applaud that hard work and talent.  Bravo, Jo Hyun Shik!

So much this. Tears were streaming down my cheeks during Yool’s reunion with Eunuch Yang. I felt like it was the first time since episode 1 that Yool met with someone from his palace days who actually cared for his life. His father seemed upset and sad for a while but since he’s been back, his father must have been torn between the queen’s plot for her son and Yool’s closeness with CE so I have yet to see from him show such genuine affection that Eunuch Yang has demonstrated towards Yool for coming back alive. I hope once everything is over with he’ll restore Yang to his position or grant him whatever reward he’d like.

As to the actor, I thought he was superb in the scene. I hope I see more of him before the end. Loved him in Still 17 too.

8 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

I have yet to see from him such genuine affection that Eunuch Yang has demonstrated towards Yool for coming back alive. I hope once everything is over with he’ll restore Yang to his position or grant him whatever reward he’d like.

The Prince never seemed to value Yang before but he surely cares now.  It's just another demonstration that he learned a lot about people during his village days.  Hopefully Yang gets the reward he so richly deserves.

Watching with subs! I just made guesses when I watched it live yesterday so I hope to clear up the mistakes. ^^

And just the beginning on the bridge - I love that music piece (very sageuk-like)

I feel if anything is that DO has what I call 'longing eyes'

He can convey a lot without much movement and everything can be seen in his eyes, the pain, loneliness, longing.

He is so measured in his delivery of his lines and I think it has been an advantage too for him to be paired with NJH who has had a lot of sageuk experience and you can see that they give each other strength and support

Kind of reminds me of Moonlight where PBG had KYJ (an experienced sageuk actress) as his partner. For Bogummy, I think his strength was in his micro-expressions.

*Back to watching*

2 minutes ago, thistle said:

The Prince never seemed to value Yang before but he surely cares now.  It's just another demonstration that he learned a lot about people during his village days.  Hopefully Yang gets the reward he so richly deserves.

I actually think he valued him in his own way. To me Yool wasn’t living before. He was too caught up in the past and lived resenting a lot of things. The experience outside was good for him because it forced him to take responsibility for himself, it taught him how to interact socially with others and how to see the world in the eyes of his people. Before he consumed a lot of his hours reading and never cared much for social interactions. He also probably thought more on his suffering after the injustices he saw and experienced as a child but now he’s had a chance to see how his people suffer continuously from various hardships and injustices and are helpless in a lot of cases. I hope that these things that he lacked previously will now make him a better king.

3 hours ago, celebrianna said:

I actually think he valued him in his own way. To me Yool wasn’t living before. He was too caught up in the past and lived resenting a lot of things. The experience outside was good for him because it forced him to take responsibility for himself, it taught him how to interact socially with others and how to see the world in the eyes of his people. Before he consumed a lot of his hours reading and never cared much for social interactions. He also probably thought more on his suffering after the injustices he saw and experienced as a child but now he’s had a chance to see how his people suffer continuously from various hardships and injustices and are helpless in a lot of cases. I hope that these things that he lacked previously will now make him a better king.

Loved what you said there.

As for the BTS - I think it is also NJH who seems to have chemistry with her co-stars. She can put them at ease in her energetic and positive disposition.

PS. At the part with MY and the CPrincess. This just confirms (for me) that the child is his. I mean, just the possibility that he thinks it is his child just proves that they had slept together. The CPrincess is protecting him.

EXO-DO.jpg

I love this look and the seriousness that is felt every time when his eyes move across distance and I can feel him thinking without saying one word...

Whether it's his eyes silently asking JY are you crazy touching my woman's ankle???

Or like in tonight's episode when standing there from afar watching her being choked by one of CE's goons it took everything he had until he couldn't hold himself back one second more.  Dang every woman dreams of a prince like that!!!!

This drama continues to impress me in so many ways and it's not just the amazing romance and chemistry that is above and beyond.  It's the true simplicity of this actor's ability to speak to us through this characters words, actions and expressions that say so dang much and draw you in so close that your feeling it right along with him.  He isn't a man of many words because with eyes like that you don't need them.   Yet when he does speak it's worth listening to...

Sweetest moment him grabbing her hand and running through and under that stone doorway to loving her forever...

Ep.14 is so awesome! Finally lots of action going on and we're progressing a lot on all aspects... well, except the mystery of the baby's father which still remains a question mark... They only implied it is MY's baby, there is still no final (verbal) confirmation that it is his, although I still firmly believe that MY is the baby's daddy... I am very interested in their love story. Too bad it wasn't shown more so we can really root for them.

We get to hear the sob story on why KCE became evil... it almost moves me, but nah, what a lame excuse to do whatever he's been doing, and to stretch it out to 10 years?? I can understand the reason of evil grandpapa in Ruler Master of the Mask better.

Romantic WD on being asked why he is thinner when supposedly the palace has lots of good food: "Because you are not there" :wub: He is indeed a fool for love...

Powerhouse acting from both NJH and DKS. Love them!

The penny dropped for me when KCE tells CPrincess, "You have my blood flowing through your veins".  So if we see her in that new light - manipulative and conniving, her trysts with MY makes more sense.  Both resemble their fathers.  She is manipulative.  He is honourable.  I get the feeling MY may have developed feelings for CPss but initially it was pity.  He pitied her plight right from the beginning when he held the sword to her throat in the courtyard.  He realized that her Father was willing to sacrifice her for the sake of his own quest for power.

Fast forward to the scene at first parting.  He was willing to leave her.  A man of honor would not leave his lover.  He would only do so if he had acted above reproach in his dealings with her.  He didn't seem to have any qualms about leaving.  He was sorry but he didn't seem overly despairing.  She on the other hand seemed really bitter.  She gets Assassin Beom (?) to maim him so he stays by her side.  Selfish of her (true Colours).  In fact he explains why he couldn't take her with him initially because in so doing they would endanger her family (Father and doofus of a Brother).

Other scene of her with him in Ep14.  When she said, "Do not worry. This baby is not your baby." I think the better translation of the intent would have been, "Not your problem, the baby isn't yours anyway" - which then takes away the whole assumption that he bedded her.  I think she is manipulating him to stay with her.  Why would she hide the fact that he is the baby's daddy if she wanted him to stay?  He knows he is not the Father coz he's never bedded her but now that he knows she is bearing another man's child, her life is in danger so as a man of honor he can no longer walk away and leave her.  The stakes are higher now.  So he offers to take her with him.  Yes I get that many here feel like she is trying to protect him by lying to him about the baby's paternity but that's based on the assumption that she is decent and isn't selfish.  The fact that the actress herself said her character was most like Elsa in Frozen and her father's assessment of her character hints at someone more cold, calculating and conniving.

Okay that's my dissertation on why I don't think MY is the baby's daddy.  If not MY then Seowon?  Jung is kinda left field (not a lot of air time).  Seowon said something that didn't add up and his character is the more developed of the 2.  When LY came back, Seowon didn't look particularly enthused.  What with his spiel about not desiring the crown or the CP spot, it seemed odd.  And then there was his statement to LY at the bridge where he told LY, "you possess everything I desire" (what?  Did I hear right?  I thought you didn't want the throne or power.  What does LY possess that you don't?  Do you covet his Wife by any chance?)...I guess that's the reason why my pendulum is swinging towards Seowon now...haha... :lol:

Happy to to be proven wrong by all the pointers to MY being the lover...red bracelet, dandelion puffs, longing glances, off camera trysts at a stadium :lol:.  They do look good together though.  She is gorgeous and he is just as good looking. 

3 hours ago, Fiona0754 said:

From the english version of wiki, the no. of episodes is 15 (+1 special), each of 80 minutes.

But from the chinese version, the no. of episodes is 16, each of about 75 minutes.

And 1 special episodehas already aired before EP1.

So I am not sure if there are 15 or 16 episodes in total. 

This seems most plausible to me. 

So from TvN's YT page, the special episode is tagged as Ep 0. So from what I've gathered (And if what NJH said that its gonna be 16 episodes) then we should have 2 episodes next week. IDK I just can't wrap my head around the idea of 15 episodes and the preview didn't show any indication that it was going to be the last episode. So, I'm placing my bets on 2 episodes next week :D

Although I could be wrong I really hope that's not the case cause there's just not enough time to resolve all the loose ends before HS and WD live happily ever after. 

@nrllee, maybe the easiest answer is MY lost his honor a long time ago so it’s not really difficult to believe he would be intimate with a married woman. I’m sure killing people had its impact on him and he must have changed over the years from what HS remember. One thing he better not do is tell HS that he did it for her. I don’t think she wanted him to do these things to protect her because she was ready to die as a little girl to join her father beyond the grave. She never asked him to do bad things to protect her life.

Anyway, I do believe he is the father and I don’t find it inconceivable. I thought it was inconceivable before when I thought there is no way he would sleep with the daughter of his father’s murderer but after I saw more of him, I understood that he no longer seemed to harbor  any hatred towards CE. I don’t know if it’s because he was powerless in the past so he gave up on his hatred or if it’s because he feels some gratitude to CE for no longer searching for his sister or if it’s because he fears KCE.

We'll see what the writer has for us next week @celebrianna :)

That BTS that @pad-hari just posted above.  initially I thought at 0:51 DKS was saying his lines and then botched it (but no-one was laughing)...I rewatched it and I think he was overcome with emotion so he had to take a minute to compose himself before going again?  Kudos to him for totally immersing himself in the scene.  No wonder we feel his pain and longing so much...it's real.

I saw this post in DC gall on what will happen to the loving brother and sister in the end.  I translated from naver and it  was a very good post to read.  If you find any mistake please feel free to correct.  Tks.

What will be the fate of the brother and sister

OFMmLxf.png

Can we try to understand the character of MY aka Yoon Seok ha who is dancing to the will of Kim Cha On

Yesterday, the relationship between Mu-yeon and So-hye became clearer. Then, I thought, "What's wrong with you?" And I wanted to tell Yi-seo, who keeps waiting and looking for her brother, not the brother she knows.

It's not Yun Seok-ha, but Mu-yeon.

Yoon's sister lost her name. Yoon Suk-ha became an assassin and Yoon Yi-seo became a commoner. They had to live with their name hidden absolutely. So, Yoon Suk-ha became a person who kills to live, and Yun-su does miscellaneous things to live.

But let's look at Mu Yeon. He uses his outstanding martial arts skills only to maintain Kim's power. So let's say that he wanted to live by making concessions a hundred times. However, he forced her sister to forget Yul because he was the son-in-law of Kim Cha-eon, who put a knife to her father's heart. When he thinks, "I can't break up like this," he stopped thinking and went to Hanyang to meet So-hye on the day he decided to leave with her sister. And even think about leaving with her.  While Kim Cha On even asking him to find the man and kill who is the father of the baby.

There was a scene of contrast yesterday with this. This is the Yul who was kept alive without killing him has left good image and what his inner thoughts are? The eunuch who states that he was to live with his family, but rather let him kill him.  He replies"You can't let people die", since palace is a lonely place".  It's far different from the old yul who ordered it would be better if all the singles married for the rain to pour. This is Seja Yul who met Iseo, who lives as Hongsim, and changed during 100 days in Song Ju-hyun.

One thing I noticed was the interest rate in Yoon-seo, and the way Kim So-hye, who loves Yoon Suk-ha. Yul-shim didn't know it was a her, but when he noticed it, went and call the name. Yoon Eui-seo, the name that even I feel strange now. But even though she kept knowing that Mu-yeon was Yoon-seok ha, So-hye cannot call him Seok-ha. Its just called an affair. 

Perhaps, there is no more Yoon Seok-ha left for Mu-yeon. Maybe he is black like his usual clothes, which had been dyed by Kim Cha-eon's side for a long time.

So he didn't pull his own sword right next to him, and now he's got no remorse for finding a scapegoat to replace him. 

The fate of the brother-sister is truly sad when you see Yoon Seok ha, who is guarding Yoon, and his lover, (who lost the appearance of Yoon Seok-ha). He could have done a lot of good things without it, as I said, but now I'm just doing things that I can't tell my sister what I've done.

If he want to get out of Kim Cha-eon, and come to your senses and watch So-hye and Mu-yeon and please don't do anything bad anymore and give Yul power. Let's hope So-hye and Mu-yeon, who hate their father like him and are doing the same thing as Kim Cha-eon, will escape from his shadow now.

edit:  I ll post the korean version of the above in the spoiler

Spoiler

글 재주 없는 나샛이 갓지설이 만든 무연이를 어떻게든 이해해보려고 글 쪄봐

어제 무연과 소혜의 관계가 더 명확해졌어. 그러면 그럴수록 무연이는 대체 왜 저러지?라는 생각이 들고, 계속 오라버니를 기다리고 찾는 이서에게 너가 아는 그 오라버니가 아니야 라고 뜯어 말리고 싶을 정도였지.

정확히 맞아.

이제 윤석하가 아닌 무연이니까.

윤씨 남매는 이름을 잃었어. 윤석하는 무연이 되고 윤이서는 연홍심이 되었어. 절대적으로 이름을 숨기고 살아야했지. 그래서 윤석하는 살기 위해 살생을 하는 이가 되었고, 윤이서는 살기 위해 잡다한 일들을 하지.

그런데 홍심이 된 이서는 아전이나 박영감, 현감 등 소위 높으신 분들 앞에서 기죽지 않고 해야할 말은 정확히 하지. 홍심이 되었어도 변하지 않는 이서의 모습이야. 새로 부임한 현감이 사람들에게 우물을 채우라고 했을 때 홍심이가 일침을 가했던 거 기억하지? 바로 홍심으로 살고 있지만 이서를 잃지 않은 모습이야.

하지만 무연이 된 석하를 보자. 자신의 출중한 무예 실력을 오로지 김차언의 권력 유지를 위해서만 사용하지. 그래 백 번 양보해서 그 동안의 살생이 자신이 살기 위해였다고 치자. 하지만 누이에게는 아버지의 심장에 칼을 꽂은 김차언의 사위이니 잊어라 라고 강요하면서 자신은 그 안에서 김차언의 여식인 소혜와 정을 통해. 엉엉 울며 이렇게 못 헤어진다고 말하는 누이는 막아서면서 정작 자신은 누이와 떠나기로 한 날 한양에 가서 소혜를 만나. 그리고 함께 떠날 생각까지 하지. 심지어 대신해서 죽어줄 적당한 사내를 찾으라고 하면서.

이 모습이랑 대비된 장면이 어제 있었어. 바로 율이 좌상과 내통한 내관을 죽이지 않고 살려둔 것. 내관 역시 가족들과 자신이 살기 위해였음을 고하고 차라리 저하가 죽여주시라 그대로 두고 이렇게 말하지. “그렇다고 사람을 죽게 할 수는 없지 않느냐.” 새를 구경하다가 발을 맞추지 않은  궁녀에게 새가 죽는 게 나을까 네가 죽는 게 나을까 묻던 전의 율이와는 전혀 다른 모습이지. 홍심이로 살고 있는 이서를 만나고, 송주현에서 살았던 100일동안 변한 세자 율의 모습이야.

한 가지 내가 주목한 점은 윤이서를 사랑하는 이율과 윤석하를 사랑하는 김소혜가 그들을 부르는 방식이야. 율은 홍심이가 이서인 줄 모르고 있었지만 알아차린 순간 바로 찾아가 그 이름을 불러. 이서 자신조차 이젠 낯설게 느껴진다고 했던 그 이름, 윤이서. 하지만 무연이가 윤석하라는 것을 계속 알고 있었음에도 소혜는 석하라는 이름으로 부르지 않아. 무연이라고 부를 뿐.

어쩌면 무연에게는 윤석하가 더 이상 남지 않은 건 아닐까. 그 오랜 시간 김차언의 곁에서 일하면서 물들어버린, 늘 입는 그 옷처럼 흑빛으로 물들어버린 건 아닐까.

그래서 바로 옆에서도 복수의 칼을 뽑지 않았고, 이제는 자신을 대체할 희생양을 찾으면서도 아무 양심의 가책을 느끼지 않는 무연이가 되버린 거야.

윤이서의 모습을 지키고 있는 이서와 윤석하의 모습을 잃어버린 석하의 모습을 보면 두 남매의 운명이 참으로 안타까워. 이서 말대로 그런 일이 없었다면 장원급제해서 훌륭한 일을 많이 했을테지만 이제는 자신이 한 일을 누이에게 말할 수 없을 정도로 부끄러운 일들만 하고 있으니까..

그렇게 김차언에게서 벗어나고 싶다면 지금이라도 정신 차리고 소혜랑 무연이랑 제발 더이상 나쁜 짓하지 말고 율에게 힘을 실어주라고 둘에게 마지막으로 바라본다. 그렇게 자신의 아버지를 혐오하면서, 아버지의 원수이면서 결국 김차언과 같은 짓을 하고 있는 소혜와 무연이가 이제라도 그 그늘에서 벗어나길 바라..

Archived