[Drama 2018] 100 Days My Prince / Hundred Days' Husband, 백일의 낭군님

0ly40

Given how annoyed I've been with the Prince for much of this drama (yes, the desire to smack him over the head still hasn't left me), maybe it's odd that I chose to go back and re-watch episode one yesterday.  It was a surprisingly enlightening experience.  

It became very obvious why the Prince is such a fusspot.  He was nothing but angry and resentful all the time at the palace, and with quite good reason.  His mother was murdered.  He saw the deaths of a family (Hong's) that he admired, and the death of a child who was his friend.  From the time he was a child, he knew that he was being manipulated by those in power who wanted to use him.  And then he was the target of a poisoner who was trying to kill him.  There was no one he could fully trust.  Despite the goodies that wealth and privilege might bring, that's a pretty miserable existence.  No wonder he was still so selfish and self-obsessed when he awoke as WD.  (Did this make me more sympathetic to him?  A bit.  But I still think he's a whiny boy.)

Hong, on the other hand, is pretty much the same as she was when she was a child.  She has faced more trauma and trouble than the CP but because she was now part of the lower classes, there was a certain element of freedom for her.  Her options were limited but she made the most of what she had.  (Yes, I think that Hong is an admirable character.)

It was interesting, too, to go back to get some of the original backstory on other characters, like the bunch who were trapped by the prince's riddle--they knew the answer but were too scared to write it down!  Aargh.  I guess the Prince was giving him a taste of how he felt about being forced to live something he didn't want. 

One important element from going back to episode one was that I was shocked that I had forgotten the opening scene where the Prince wants to ride off to die in battle.  This convinces me that we have something major brewing up, and we're just at the right point in the drama for all hades to break loose.

This is gonna be interesting.  And I reserve the right to want to smack the Prince over the head if necessary.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The beginning scene just reminded me of nam ji hyun in queen seon deok where she vowed she'd make it rain...good times. Hope she works with writer kim young hyun again! 

Back on topic: LOVED this episode. And next week looks heartbreaking...:tears: But hopefully a happy ending will follow. (ideally the crown princess just going off and living a quiet life, and yi seo gets her status back and becomes the official wife...)

Um...based on the content of prince seowon and minister jung's convo, I still don't get how people are so sure people think he's the father? Nothing really gave anything away for certain. Based on minister jung's response and expression, I feel like he could equally be it. Well, the likely candidates have been narrowed down to these two it seems to me. This is some Joseon Maury, lmao. 

ETA: Ep. 10 has reached 10.3%! We're getting dancing in hanbok from the cast, y'all. 

Just started watching today's episode.  The kiss scene is lovely.  And the flowery background adds so much to the the ambience.

However, there's something bothering me, and it has been bothering me since at least one episode ago so I'm just gonna say it:  it's all those gorgeous wildflowers.  If there's a drought, there should be no flowers.

And all those wild plants that Hong has been collecting from the forest--well, those won't grow in a serious drought either.  Droughts are starving times, and people go hungry.

Of course, I was also bugged with the cherry tree earlier.  You can't plant a flowering tree that large without the flowers dropping off.  Trees don't flower as fully and as long as that one did.  And when a tree is cut down, all of the flowers and foliage wilt very quickly--a day at most.

Okay, I feel better now.  Getting off my soapbox.  It's a silly detail but it was getting to me.  My parents had a florist business when I was little, my grandparents had a farm, and I worked at an Arboretum and I also grow some of my own food, so I guess I know a little bit about plants.....just enough to get annoyed over details.

Okay I have my wish granted which I earlier said it will just happen in episode 7-8 but it happened stretch to 4 whole episodes 7-10 the — transition back to palace life. O my how I really like the revelation of the last four episodes. (Note I still hate the literally way of transitioning videocut from one scene to another). 

Points to note:

1. CPLY got his whole memory up when he was targetted like the physician but the Hanyang trip helped too plus he met MY. But just like in the past before he lost his memory he does not know his enemies strategies and whom to trust. He was just starting and then he lost his bodyguard and his dear friend.  So back to square one for him but I know he will have his father with him; now the queen has another story to be revealed but I don’t like to focus that’s an easy issue. The basis of my assumption that he got his memory up when he learns to “lie” by ommitting stories, making up stories and his responses does not seem to fit. Fortunately, HS is not insensitive; she does have hunches.

2. However, WD/LY’s heart is now distracted of his new found feelings — its full of hardship to find food and get by everyday life but you could laugh, enjoy laughing and listening to people and have a valuable conversation and not one-way communication meaning he as a CP always gives instruction — he never hears the side of the story of people working their butt out so this Noble people remain looking noble. His conversations with HS and plus how he is putting up in attracting the lady he is unattracted with in the first place.  But again, as he goes back to palace he now knows a lot but surely it will be hard to make Hong Shim and him as CP to be back as he has a princess with him; so we have 3 episode of bloodbath and royal politics. The last special episode is probably how Lee Yul make his promise come true.  Anyway, he got some pieces of the story out of HS before regaining memory and he will remember all these information and it will fit to his beautiful canvas of making his promise true.  HS speaks like a scholar when she said revenge is for the people in power,  a man shall not exploit the poor, help the poor people, etc. 

3. Hong Shim will face another battle her past life is slowly being revealed. I like her to head on fight the Vice Minister and knock out the sense of Prince for being too focus on his pain when the people outside of the palace has to face it everyday. 

4. I will hurt for the princes as she was set aside and had been rejected since as child — Lee Yul never wants her, he never wants her more even they are husband and wife.  The riddle of dethronement-punishment between her and LY when LY found out she’s pregnant will be the last straw of her pain.   But I think she will be killed in order to protect the person who has been with her -  MY.  I still believe MY was tasked to get her pregnant.  But how to do LY is in love to his sister and he is the assassin. He will surely be severly punished. 

5. Magistrate JJY his third wheel story can be make up if our OTP will be together at last. He has a good use of being third wheel but please in future can you have in a drama where he is lead. But I guess he has a lot to learn before being a lead character. Mr Dimples is charming but he has a lot to learn.  Going back as magistrate he will be the central person of how CPLY will win the politics in the palace.  But back story of having face issue does not fit a lot. The Prince is with him. That’s so odd you remember HS but not the prince. Anyway, he will find out later. 

6. I want severe humiliation not physical pain to VM’s family, Queen’s family and including CP’s father. I want to knock em dead by CPLY’s criptic words that they will get crazy of they turned him into a monster but then one disappoitment made into a divine appoitment CPLY to meet his YS; spend time with her; learn more about her and him to get up and be ready to be the wonderful King. Hahaha its like our writernim has some frustration from other Saeguk dramas not having humors but always bloodbath and revenge. 

The preview does not say much but I guess we will back to the “am I the one being uncomfortable” and get ready for tissues. The big sad eyes of Do Kyung Soo crying like Song Hye Kyo in descendants of the sun when she heard of the death of captain Yoo. I never imagined that he as DKS can cry like that beautifully and achingly/painfully. NJH crying is always touching when she cries. 

How to wait another week? hahaha

Note & Edit:

I don’t think the issue of palace is drought but El Nino which could be hard for farmers to supply food to the kingdom and enough for themselves. Without rain is a saying bad luck to the King’s yin and yang as a leader of the nation. 

DKS face, eyes, lips (teasing lips) and voice express are so amazingly working for him. Ohoho has lots of meaning - now, not yet done, etc. hahahah; he is so cheesy delivering his lines, cheesiness when he teases his on-screen wife (remember— you are probably the only woman who can touch me); and his fighting acting is so good; I’m done! hahahah. 

NJH acting also so lovely - face, eyes and dialect-standard language tone so beautiful executed and how to be ackward in the cheesy scenes. I felt like an intruder during the “face mask” activity. hahaha

18 minutes ago, spark101 said:

Ep. 10 has reached 10.2%! We're getting dancing in hanbok from the cast, y'al

Is that what they promised?  D.O. should rock it then given his Exo roots. :lol:. Btw did anyone catch that bit when they were trying to guess his name and HS suggested 'Do Do'?  :lol: - I thought I saw KS register a glint in his eye when she said that.  Maybe also an allusion to the Dodo (extinct bird ) https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=dodo head.

As for your observation about the baby's father, I am still thinking Minister Jung.  Prince Seowon was who I thought initially but he just looks too young?? Plus his character seems righteous from the outset, thus far he doesn't seem to overtly covet his brother's throne (or his Wife).  Unless it's just all spin.  Although it seemed odd for Minister Jung (if he is the baby's Father) to present the letter to Seowon (perhaps to fuel his aspirations for the throne - which Seowon seemed to promptly snuff out).  MY is still a candidate I guess - the red bracelet on his wrist is something significant I feel...why else would an assassin dressed in black wear such a gaudy accessory?

Given all the nebulous paternities of the parties (even Prince Seowon may not be a legitimate heir?  Given KCE's interchange with the Queen that her fortunes foretold of her being childless), LY is the only one who legimately has claim to the throne.  Except now he seems to be on the path of abdication to be with his beloved.  Something drastic must happen to force his hand and result in his change of heart to "remember who he is" (cue booming Mufasa voice over - he can't just say Akuna Matata anymore) and choose duty over passion.  Simba needs to return to the Lion's Den...can't just waltz around with Nala and avoid his responsibilities no more (Yes we are feeling the love tonight - definitely last night). :wub:

Still watching today's episode and I just noticed a Baby Daddy Clue:

When CPrincess goes to sit by MY's bedside, she draws his hand towards her tummy.  

Classic pregnant mama move when she wants to make a connection between the baby and daddy.

back from watching ep 10 with complete subs. HS spills here and there about her past to WD. About her family slays during the coup. This just needs time until WD realize which family is that. Also turn out the one that shoots MY is none other than his own assassins buddy by his own intention since MY want to leave. From king and queen convo, in my point of view, the one that tries to kill KCE is king himself.

Edit: after watching again, i kind of curious with the small talk between the crown princess and the assassins. Seems like she is the one that asks to kill MY to prevent from going.. Hmm.. confuse LoL..

It seems very apparent MY is the father and SW knows he's not the father but chose to pretend to be the father to protect the princess. SW seem to not have the same greed as his mother and seem to care for everyone and wish everyone is safe. From the letter he can sense CPss is trying to protect the what is precious to her which seems to be MY as she wants him to escape from her father's grasp. When bodyguard was saying how MY may leave once he's well, CPss said that shouldn't be his concern. She seems to want MY to be able to escape by having what is most precious to her far away as stated in the letter. The Queen is keeping the secret to keep her son alive, since if her son is the father of the child who would be heir, he would also have a higher chance of being next in line to throne after CP died.

I don't think WD/LY remembers that he is CP yet. JJY may be the one to put him back in the throne for reasons such as gaining favor from the king or thinking it would help him gain favor from CP. He seems to be making connections that WD may be CP since they have the same voice/ speaking style and handwriting. For people who said how come he can remember HS's face and not CP, the reason is because HS's face is the only face he can remember and that's why he gained interest in her in the first place. Everyone else he tried to find other ways to remember them such as someone's voice, hands, speaking style, etc. This can be noted when he first met BE. I don't think JJY forgot what CP is like but since CP is not in his normal environment and being introduced as someone else, his brain couldn't make set recognition that WD is CP. 

I wonder how much of their original description still holds true. I remember the first page of this forum where they put out characters' description. MY is helping CSE in order to reinstate his status. He did tell his sister they're dead people so his mission is possibly to help CSE gain the throne and in doing so would CSE reinstate his nobility along with his sister? Also the Queen in the description is said to be especially jealous of HS. So HS will enter the palace eventually but as concubine? Servant? TO top it off, CP and HS are actually 20? HS is pretending to be 28 while in hiding?

2 hours ago, pad-hari said:

tvN uploaded the 31 secs previe

BTS making ep.9,1

tvN

now I'm really curious when exactly and how his memory is recovered. I'm guessing from yool's face he found out hong shim is yiseo from childhood...

and ooh, they were doing the new crown prince ceremony... a dramatic interruption by yool, perhaps? Or maybe seowon became the new crown prince, then yool came back and the palace was like, lol nvm. :D 

NJH crying though... give this girl the 2019 baeksang already! :P

2 minutes ago, spark101 said:

they were doing the new crown prince ceremony... a dramatic interruption by yool, perhaps? Or maybe seowon became the new crown prince, then yool came back and the palace was like, lol nvm. :D 

Was thinking the same.

Since Yool actually doesn't want to live in the palace again, leaving HongShim behind. But it will be too simple, rite?

46 minutes ago, spark101 said:

and ooh, they were doing the new crown prince ceremony... a dramatic interruption by yool, perhaps? Or maybe seowon became the new crown prince, then yool came back and the palace was like, lol nvm. :D 

I rather like the crowing to be done, LY should be out of the palace and live his life with Hong Shim :) I mean, he can be his brother’s adviser since he already live outside the palace and the condition of their people. I feel that whenever he is in the palace he is never really happy. He is like a living dead person 

46 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

So, it looks as if we'll get some happiness for WD and HS before they have to part. And, HS feels so happy that it worries her since there is the thought that too much happiness can't last too long. Unfortunately, the parting is definitely coming.

My Gosh.... Prepare my tissue box for next Monday.

38 minutes ago, Visually-wandering said:

Was thinking the same.

Since Yool actually doesn't want to live in the palace again, leaving HongShim behind. But it will be too simple, rite?

Yool comes back as the crown prince, gets his memory of his enemies' scheming back, plans his revenge, yi seo's wrongly accused family name is restored, she ends up his official wifey? 

(please let this happen)

ITS A ROM-COM, WE NEED A HAPPY ENDING

I don't mind whether they live in or outside of the palace, as long as they end up together, but I'd like for yool to bring order and justice to the scheming [against him] and clear hong shim's family name first either way. Or else it would be like they kind of ran away from their problems, unresolved. I can't predict what they'll decide should we have a happy ending- on one hand, prince seowon seems to truly care about the people and make a good/decent king, but he also was quite against taking advantage of the situation to be crown prince(as minister jung suggested, beginning of ep 10). And there's that scene shown where yool is imagining[presumably] meeting hong shim/yi seo in the palace. :unsure:

57 minutes ago, Lj said:

I rather like the crowing to be done, LY should be out of the palace and live his life with Hong Shim :)

ohhhh @Lj... hi friend...just wanted to say that im going to have to disagree with you on that... a little just a little ...:confounded: :blush:.....of course i want our prince to be happy ,but not at the expense  of him losing his  crown.  i think that he was born to be a great leader wether he was meant to be king or not  at that time when he played general...i think that scene may be very important toward future events...specially the first scene in ep 1 .... i  am one of those that wishes for him to stay crown prince and to fully commit  himself to his title....having him live outside of the palace will be a waste of his talents and skills....i just don't picture him having to make rope for shoes and cut wood and write silly romance novels for a living ....and let us not forget that even as WD he has an air to himself that will hardly die down  if he leaves the palace...he's just not used to bowing to people and talking to them as if they were superior than him...( because that has his upbringing) ......and to top it off, the lessons he has learned from living with the villagers would have mean nada if he doesn't stay as LY and do something about the living conditions of his people....now i don't know if the prince SW is a person of good character (can we stop for a moment to appreciate this boy handsomeness .....this actor is new to me...but that face :wub: im in love ...i approve of you popping more often than not on my screen) ok going back,  but he is much too young to be capable of ruling by himself without external influence....which is what i think MR. dimples brother wants...he wants to became the new VP..AKA the new KC mostly known as the mastermind of control and deceitfulness ....for some reason i think he was the one who was posing the CP ...if im not mistaken somewhere in the early episodes he suggested to the queen that she should stay put that LY sickness would sooner or later allow them to get rid of him ...to be honest i think his case was a case of double poisoning done by his wife and step mother.....well simply put, i just don't want him to forget that he has a higher cause and purpose in life than to be HS AKA YS husband....as far i can see, much more than being free from his post and obligations...he just wants to be with her... and i just want her to go to him this time around...so im incline to hope that he can justify his marriage to her in account for all the sins committed against her clan..... all right, this post got too long  ...it was meant to be shorter ...lol... a good day to you and to all on this forum 

2 minutes ago, may6 said:

just don't picture him having to make rope for shoes and cut wood and write silly romance novels for a living

This is not what I mean he can still be a royal blood like when he was young, he was living in a noble house because they are royal family, and I believe that when he was young he was like playing a general. So I was thinking that he can still use his talent as the adviser of the crown prince and at the same time a doing his prince duty without any problem being containing in the palace because Hong Shim being a queen is like locking her in the palace as well and like what she said she is an independent woman, and living in the palace again will be power struggle as well and some will not like them again to rule the kingdom. 

4 hours ago, spark101 said:

ETA: Ep. 10 has reached 10.3%! We're getting dancing in hanbok from the cast, y'all. 

Wow.. that's almost goblin level..

earlier i forgot this is TVN drama and not KBS or MBC.. so 10% is huge..

but both leads are good..other than the scenes of those two, i don't care much about other things.. but still overall good..

In that scene towards the end, when HS rushes home to find WD and he is making straw footwear, and she tells him about leaving with her brother.. he hugs her..

that profile of DO looks exactly like park hyng shik.. anyone else sees the resemblance?

I enjoyed reading all of your interesting comments and analysis since ep.10.... So many clues thrown out but still no definite answer... 

5 hours ago, nrllee said:

As for your observation about the baby's father, I am still thinking Minister Jung.  Prince Seowon was who I thought initially but he just looks too young?? Plus his character seems righteous from the outset, thus far he doesn't seem to overtly covet his brother's throne (or his Wife).  Unless it's just all spin.  Although it seemed odd for Minister Jung (if he is the baby's Father) to present the letter to Seowon (perhaps to fuel his aspirations for the throne - which Seowon seemed to promptly snuff out).  MY is still a candidate I guess - the red bracelet on his wrist is something significant I feel...why else would an assassin dressed in black wear such a gaudy accessory?

Given all the nebulous paternities of the parties (even Prince Seowon may not be a legitimate heir?  Given KCE's interchange with the Queen that her fortunes foretold of her being childless), LY is the only one who legimately has claim to the throne.  Except now he seems to be on the path of abdication to be with his beloved.  Something drastic must happen to force his hand and result in his change of heart to "remember who he is" (cue booming Mufasa voice over - he can't just say Akuna Matata anymore) and choose duty over passion.  Simba needs to return to the Lion's Den...can't just waltz around with Nala and avoid his responsibilities no more (Yes we are feeling the love tonight - definitely last night). :wub:

Agree that Prince SW seems righteous. I wouldn't mind him being the King later on with WD/LY as his advisor if LY prefers to be not at that position so as to be with HS comfortably. But then again, is SW really King's bio son? When KCE said that Queen and her father lied to him in the past, was it referring to the origin of baby SW, or about the result of fortune-telling that she would be childless?

I doubt Jung is the baby's daddy. He looks too clueless and detached with the letter from CPss. If he had any personal relationship with CPss, why would he hand the letter to Prince SW? And he also seems sincere in questioning if Prince SW care about the CPss.

Red bracelet making first appearance in this episode could be from HS, which later serves as device to make LY make connection that MY is HS's brother since maybe HS will have one too.... Or, it could be something from CPss, and also later to serve as confirmation of their relationship, since CPss seems to love doing needlework.

Can't remember because it's been sooo long -- Simba went back, claimed his place and later still live happily ever after with Nala, right? So I guess we can expect the same ending here? :D

4 hours ago, thistle said:

Still watching today's episode and I just noticed a Baby Daddy Clue:

When CPrincess goes to sit by MY's bedside, she draws his hand towards her tummy.  

Classic pregnant mama move when she wants to make a connection between the baby and daddy.

I didn't see any part of her drawing his hand to her tummy. There's one but she is checking his pulse by the wrist. Notice she pressed her fingers on it. The Chinese physicians usually do this to check on one's health.

Anyhow, I'm back to thinking that MY is the Daddy Dearest because it is more apparent to me that CPss love MY. His man did shoot MY because he doesn't want him to leave, and he told CPss that he will try to leave again once he is healthy, to which CPss said that is to be none of his concern. I think he knows their true relationship and thinks he is doing CPss (and MY) a favor by ensuring MY doesn't leave. He didn't want to see them being apart, but he didn't know that CPss prefers to keep MY far away because she loves him and want him to be safe with distance between them, as stated in her letter. Also another clue for me that CPss loves MY, remember earlier episode in their first encounter we see of them, CPss was rather upset with MY and told him that if he wants to leave, he should do the job well then, rather sarcastically. She knew about the deal MY and her father made when he was younger, so she was upset that he's leaving. That was before KCE grabbed her face and she then wrote the letter, preferring to keep loved ones far away.

Archived