Do you struggle for that one person you want to be with?

umbrellaguy

So one thing I've noticed in some dramas is the amount of effort the protagonist would go through just to get that one guy or girl.

No matter how long it takes, no matter what kind of challenges you face, you keep pushing. You keep struggling.

They move to a different country.

They get into a relationship with someone else.

They treat you as a close friend.

But no matter!

Do you think it is a realistic approach to relationships?

We all know that situations are exaggerated in dramas, but sometimes we find that we come across similar situations in real life.

I always thought that if you love someone you have to pursue it until the end. I am not saying that you should still go for it even if the guy/girl completely ignores your existence or made it clear that they are not interested at all.  

It can happen because nothing is impossible but I have never heard of this happening to anyone I know.

In my opinion, I do not think it is realistic and practical.

On 04/02/2018 at 11:42 PM, Sejabini2013 said:

I just hope that one who make people love and struggling is deserve.. the effort.. 

I completely agree with you, that person is just so lucky.

Real love (I think the words "true love" are so overhyped..) will make you want to do anything. I've seen guys whither away pursueing the girl they love. I myself have cut off friends to be with the girl I love. And paid huge amounts of cash to pay off their debts ("I promise, you'll get it back!"). Love can make you do things others would perceive as silly or even stupid but to you, it's a logical reaction as you want to be with that person.

Let me end my reply with this: if my wife got a new job in a different country, there's no doubt in my mind I would quit my job so we could move there. Despite family and friends here. Despite my own career. Some people are worth placing above yourself. Not an idol, but people you truly love and have a real connection with.

No. I don't struggle. I'm not heartless either. I just don't chase after guys. If I'm in a happier place and do well in my life then the guy will come. The love stories in dramas are certainly cute and entertaining but if you mindlessly believe in everything in fiction then you will lose.

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Archived