[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

Just prepare myself in a a same fanclub, I rewatch (I think I watch just too many time) the whole Ten miles from Netflix, because too lazy to seach in all my HD and reread Pillow book my 4 times so if someone want any spoilers, just ask :)

Still I dunno how it's will start it. I can't imagine Dong Hua forgot everything from FengJiu. He can't remember her in the begining of the novel and how FengJiu clothe well be. She suppose like in white clothe like a funeral everytime....because 'her' husband was part from her....

Are they going to make like 2000 year later? She was the Queen like many many years later.....after Ten Miles.

4 hours ago, mundane9 said:

Is it me or do both or them look kinda haggard Also, DIlreba's face looking rounder than on TV. Her facial shape on TV looks melon seedish but on thiese shots - more ovallish, less sharp. Can't tell if that's CGI she's put on weight, the turtleneck effect, or all 3 since I have never seen her in real life.......

Idk if I'd describe it as "haggard" but I think for Reba it might be the turtle neck effect, in general though I still think she's very skinny, if she gained a little weight I wouldn't knock her for it.
To me though I feel like Vengo's age is starting to catch up to him :sweatingbullets: 
That and his hair cut is doing no favors for him lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, midnight_muse said:

Idk if I'd describe it as "haggard" but I think for Reba it might be the turtle neck effect, in general though I still think she's very skinny, if she gained a little weight I wouldn't knock her for it.
To me though I feel like Vengo's age is starting to catch up to him :sweatingbullets: 
That and his hair cut is doing no favors for him lol

Yup agreed, for reba its the turtle neck effect and vengo his haircut :sweatingbullets:

Edited by Sisca_TVXQ
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, miaka fy said:

Still I dunno how it's will start it. I can't imagine Dong Hua forgot everything from FengJiu. He can't remember her in the begining of the novel and how FengJiu clothe well be. She suppose like in white clothe like a funeral everytime....because 'her' husband was part from her....

Are they going to make like 2000 year later? She was the Queen like many many years later.....after Ten Miles.

I'm wondering as well if they'll change the order of the story so it's chronological like TMOPB or follow the book...
Personally I like where the book starts off and as the story progresses we learn more about all the things Fengjiu has done for Donghua
But another part of me feels like it might not translate to the screen that well...
I will trust the screenwriters! Hopefully they do a good job here!
We'll have to wait and see...

Edit: Oh wow we made it to pg.107! Let's hope for the airing or at least another trailer by pg.110!!

7 hours ago, miaka fy said:

Just prepare myself in a a same fanclub, I rewatch (I think I watch just too many time) the whole Ten miles from Netflix, because too lazy to seach in all my HD and reread Pillow book my 4 times so if someone want any spoilers, just ask :)

Just forget everything you've seen in TMOPB drama regarding DongFeng couple.

This Pillow Book's drama has nothing to do with TMOPB drama..I mean this upcoming drama is not a sequel of TMOPB drama.

Actually Donghua never seen FJ in her human form when she was a maid bc of Zhihe ( Donghua adopted sister) jealously...Zhihe  purposely done everything she could to prevented FJ and DH from meeting each other for she's afraid DH would fall for beautiful maid namely FJ.

FJ (in her original form as a scarlet baby fox) rescue DH when he trapped in Wicked Lotus Shpere and after that she was always in her baby fox form for she trades her fur with Demon Lord Nie Chuyin and lost her magical power for three years(contract she made with Nie Chuyin)she can't perform her human form...after that she live as a  Donghua's beloved pet up until the day she decided to leave DH as she heard DH is getting married.

Donghua Dijun did not purposely forget or remember FJ...the fact is he didn't care about anything other than peace of the world.

An excerpts from PB.

At the time he didn't have any impression on her(FJ). Being the deity who stayed secluded I Taichen Palace meant he took little notice of anything beyond the changes of seasons the rise and fall of the moon and sun, or the fortune and mishaps creation.

Donghua true first impression of FJ was at Yehua's wedding. 

Sumo Flowerpot incident 

As for how this drama would be begin..it's clueless. If they follow the book mean we will seen a lot of flashbacks after flashbacks..which is guite confusing especially for one or two times read.

It's took me about third read or maybe on fourth read to really understand the flow of the story.

If they follow the chronology of every each events it would be the best.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

22 hours ago, midnight_muse said:

I'm wondering as well if they'll change the order of the story so it's chronological like TMOPB or follow the book...
Personally I like where the book starts off and as the story progresses we learn more about all the things Fengjiu has done for Donghua
But another part of me feels like it might not translate to the screen that well...
I will trust the screenwriters! Hopefully they do a good job here!
We'll have to wait and see...

It's just I need to erase TMOPB cdrama in my head and just remember the book. I read also TMOPB ebook before to read Pillow Book. Remember Bai Qian talking about FengJiu have her own problem in her life so she concentrate with her own problem. Pillow Book drama, we need to stick on the novel version then or they will change something inside to make the part 3 with Mo Yuan x Shao Wan? If the author will finish the part 3 and 4....I don't think it's will happen sigh....plagiarism sigh....

Yes I will trust too the screenwriters...and I hope we got our angst part!!!...my kleenex box will be there:tears:

21 hours ago, jimmylyne said:

Just forget everything you've seen in TMOPB drama regarding DongFeng couple.

This Pillow Book's drama has nothing to do with TMOPB drama..I mean this upcoming drama is not a sequel of TMOPB drama.

Actually Donghua never seen FJ in her human form when she was a maid bc of Zhihe ( Donghua adopted sister) jealously...Zhihe  purposely done everything she could to prevented FJ and DH from meeting each other for she's afraid DH would fall for beautiful maid namely FJ.

FJ (in her original form as a scarlet baby fox) rescue DH when he trapped in Wicked Lotus Shpere and after that she was always in her baby fox form for she trades her fur with Demon Lord Nie Chuyin and lost her magical power for three years(contract she made with Nie Chuyin)she can't perform her human form...after that she live as a  Donghua's beloved pet up until the day she decided to leave DH as she heard DH is getting married.

Donghua Dijun did not purposely forget or remember FJ...the fact is he didn't care about anything other than peace of the world.

It's took me about third read or maybe on fourth read to really understand the flow of the story.

If they follow the chronology of every each events it would be the best.

oh!! I though they will make something between the TMOPB drama, novel and the part 3 with Mo Yuan x Shao Wan. So I need to forget everything from the drama version and stay on the novel then. I didn't read all the 107 pages here :sweatingbullets: and I didn't come from may here I think...just came back from Korea and restart to check all cdrama I missed. I have read the novel from TMOPB and Pillow Book too, it's just it's will more smooth from the introduction if they make something mixing from the drama version and novel. 

Just my imagination but something like Dong Hua (from the drama version) meet with FengJiu (from the drama version). FengJiu will try to catch his attention and slowly mixing with the novel version when we saw FengJiu was always in white clothe and Siming was talking with the third Ye Hua uncle to explain him he know FengJiu when she always sticking in DongHua Dijun palace. Still it's will be weird about how come Liangsong (third uncle) will not know about FengJiu because in the drama he know her...

Anyway...it's just the transition and how the screenwriter will introduce the characters, I hope it's will ok.

From the preview, we can see they stick on the novel version...I hope is out soon!!!!:D no more cdrama to eat turn to novel until my hungry feeling be soothe....

1 hour ago, miaka fy said:

Yes I will trust too the screenwriters...and I hope we got our angst part!!!...my kleenex box will be there:tears:

I really put a high hope on Tang qi herself (Author of Pillow Books) as one of two screenwriters for this drama. I hope the scripts will be awesome just like she did with her PB novel..Amazingly beautifully written.

As for angsty parts..I just hope for a mild angst bc I can't stand the extreme angst..

Just want to share for the third times here an excerpts from the book..how DH  100% sure that FJ was the  one and only love...lover of his life..his Queen.. a mother of his childrens or most precisely his "son" not only he was the former Master of the Universe he's also A Fortune Teller?? .

Ironically he said that just after the night ( most probably Bai GunGun was conceived that night) DongFeng passionately make love and even get caught by Jiheng .

FJ: Luckily, when I was a servant in your palace, you didn't have a chance to recognize me. Had you know me then, you'd tell me the same thing you said to Jiheng today. Truthfully  what you said was a bit cold.

DH murmured(too bad FJ didn't hear it): If I had know you then , My SON would be old enough to go out for errands by now.

• Like 5