[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

16 hours ago, rapo65 said:

Where do you think that place that is shown in the middle of the video, the dark one with white pillars surrounded by water, is? Maybe it's the place that held the fruit that can revive the dead, after Fenjiu and Dijun entered Aranya's dream? You remember that after FengJiu fought with the pythons, the place got distroyed and Liansong remodelled the place. 

One thing among the many that i like is that they kept the description of the Yueling Flowers that Xize and Aranya saw in Aranya's dream. I was sooo enchanted with that scene...one of the most poetic and artistic in the novel :heart:

You mean Jieyou Spring?..I think you might be right.. Saha fruit grew on the tree next to Jieyou Spring. Jieyou Spring was a holy stream in Fanyin Valley...

how about Water Prison?

for a second I thought it was a dungeon at Mount Jiugu with Jiugu cage in it..the one that Fengjiu/Aranya has been sentenced due to her adopted brother Prince Qing(a snake) chasing Changdi around.. but the description was not guite right..so I give up on guessing..maybe I have to reread the book again.

Yes...so agree with the Yueling Flowers scenes..the CGI is splendidly done...like you said enchanted...its so magical..they executed the scene so exquisitely brilliant.:love:

An excerpts from the book.

Yueling Flowers only bloom on Jade Maiden Festival. When the flowers bloom , we can't see the moonlight, so it is always moonless at this time of the year.

Tiny petal clustered into blossom, issuing a dim white light. They left the boughs and drifted across the sky as though they had been dyed by a layer of moonlight and frost. The stretch of flowers resembled a small patch of sky with petals floating mid air like a brilliant stretch of stellar cloud. Exquisiteeness. Yueling flowers took turn to bloom and wane like a flickering stream of light.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

After watching the trailer for the nth time,  I feel:

1. Tencent, come on, you've dropped the trailer, but not the airdate? Stop teasing us! :bawling:

2. Fengjiu looks so young, innocent, full of life. Exactly the kind of FJ vibe I've got from reading the book. 

3. DH looks so ancient, wise, calm, powerful, and yet very kind and gentle. How I imagine DH when reading the book. 

Conclusion: I love the trailer. Now I know I'm gonna love the drama no matter what. The production team has gone their way to make sure they did our fav couple justice. Really cannot wait for it! I'm pretty sure I will watch it raw as it airs,  again with subs, and binge watch the whole series after it's done airing. :lol:

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

Regarding watching the series.... I think it wouldn't be available here in the philippines too. Any filipino fans want to get in on this?

Fingers crossed it doesn't get blocked on youtube, viki or wetv app. Have dl'ed wetv app ever since I found out it would be aired there, even contemplating going vip just so I could watch it... And yes, wvwn if aubs don't come out right away, I would watch it raw, watch it with subs, and binge watch continuously for probably 6 months to a year after it airs.. :lol:

• LOL 1

6 hours ago, jimmylyne said:

You mean Jieyou Spring?..I think you might be right.. Saha fruit grew on the tree next to Jieyou Spring. Jieyou Spring was a holy stream in Fanyin Valley...

how about Water Prison?

yes, I meant Jieyou Spring. I looked better and in the middle appears to be a coffin..or at least a rectangular object that looks like a table/coffin. maybe it replaces the Bailu swamp were Fenjiu's body was left by Dijun, idk. we will see :blush:

9 minutes ago, rapo65 said:

By the way, I am so curious..from what countries are you girls?

Understand Mandarin so language won't be an issue. Will be watching it from the MICRO-second each episode becomes available. From the US.  

• Love 1

I am am re-watching a compilation of all their scenes on Youtube just to because after the trailer release, I'm pretty hyped. It's good to see that the love for these two are still going strong. It's been a good couple days to be a DH+FJ shipper!

Also, Happy Halloween :skull::naughty::skull::naughty:

• Like 2
  • Love 2

7 hours ago, rapo65 said:

By the way, I am so curious..from what countries are you girls? :kiss_wink: I am from Europe, Romania :blush:

Chinese from Indonesia ~

http://www.dramapanda.com/2019/10/step-back-into-world-of-peach-blossoms.html?m=1

Looking at the comments make me upset, I mean, Vengo looking like greasy old man? Do you need a glasses ??? :rolleyes:

Edited by Sisca_TVXQ
  • Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Awesome 1

With the new CGI based on how good it looks from the trailer, I wonder how Feng Jiu's fox form is gonna look. Its a guarantee that her form will look better than her TMOPB version. Can't wait about seeing many things, both old and new. This is definitely one of them. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, karinos said:

With the new CGI based on how good it looks from the trailer, I wonder how Feng Jiu's fox form is gonna look. Its a guarantee that her form will look better than her TMOPB version. Can't wait about seeing many things, both old and new. This is definitely one of them. 

I heard that they won't be doing a CGI fox this time around, you can see the paw at 1:20 in the trailer
Idk how I feel about it, considering how nice the CGI is this time I feel like a CGI fox would look good :huh:
We'll have to see how it turns out (crossing my fingers it turns out alright!!)

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, midnight_muse said:

I heard that they won't be doing a CGI fox this time around, you can see the paw at 1:20 in the trailer
Idk how I feel about it, considering how nice the CGI is this time I feel like a CGI fox would look good :huh:

Aww man! Fox form FJ is integral to the story line especially in the first part of Pillow Book. :confused:

48 minutes ago, karinos said:

Aww man! Fox form FJ is integral to the story line especially in the first part of Pillow Book. :confused:

There will still be a fox, it's just a puppet, you can check it out here at 9:00
edit: whoops I had the wrong link , it's fixed!

It's so cool seeing some of the BTS here in it's final form in the trailer!!
Super excited to see more of these BTS's come to life! (especially whatever is at 2:51, can't figure out what that scene is)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, midnight_muse said:

Noooo....no GCI for the fox? That would be sooo sad. Come on, even Love and destiny had little Wuwan, who was soo cute and well done. With so much CGI around, it would be a pitty not to have at least some scene with the fox form of FenJiu. 

Thanks everybody for answering my question! I see the majority of you are from US. Too bad i am not from US also, because it would have been amazing to organize a pillow book meeting :heart::cold_sweat: