Quantcast
angelangie

[Upcoming Mainland WebDrama 2018] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

17 hours ago, Sisca_TVXQ said:

I'm guessing they will give more screen time for Zhi he to promote her since she is also from Jaywalk. And more filler scenes since its 60 eps ?

As far as i understood, the actress that is playing Zhihe was supposed to play the role of FengJiu, because se bought the rights for that role. Considering she is not playing FengJiu anymore, she will have a lot of screentime to make up for the loss of her role. I hope she delivers tbh. I think the story is enough for 60 eps, don't you think? But let's wait and see how they modified the story, because for sure they made some changes:)

4 hours ago, midnight_muse said:

From what I've seen of leaked videos, the settings all looks great!! Super happy for that!
Honestly (and weirdly enough) I'm most worried about the make-up :sweatingbullets: ...
I watched the Untamed and the make-up at times was killing me!! In Ashes of Love as well, sometimes it was just so cakey (or the lips were overly colored) I couldn't focus on the story, it was so distracting! I'm hoping the characters look as natural as they did in TMOPB
Also crossing my fingers that the special effects are as nice as Ashes of Love

I'd be over the moon!!! :lol:

Its because they filmed during summer, I remember Yangzi said its really hot and she have to keep crying even her eyelashes fall off :lol:

Pillow book is filmed from summer to fall so lets hope the make up is good :sweatingbullets: 

1 hour ago, rapo65 said:

As far as i understood, the actress that is playing Zhihe was supposed to play the role of FengJiu, because se bought the rights for that role. Considering she is not playing FengJiu anymore, she will have a lot of screentime to make up for the loss of her role. I hope she delivers tbh. I think the story is enough for 60 eps, don't you think? But let's wait and see how they modified the story, because for sure they made some changes:)

No the actress that bought the rights for Pillow book played Jiheng the Demon princess. Zhi he is Donghua's foster parents daughter.

Ji Heng

https://mydramalist.com/people/1604-liu-angel

Zhi he

https://mydramalist.com/people/15142-wang-yi-fei

Edited by Sisca_TVXQ
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Sisca_TVXQ said:

No the actress that bought the rights for Pillow book played Jiheng the Demon princess. Zhi he is Donghua's foster parents daughter.

Sorry, i messed up the people:joy: i am curious how much screen time will have the actress that bought the rights, as she is playing Jiheng. I wonder if they will follow the same pattern as in the book, or they will show us more, including things that weren't in the book. Considering how many changes there were in the untamed, for sure the script for Pillow book will be changed as well. 

• LOL 2

8 hours ago, rapo65 said:

Yes, indeed, i was wondering the same. maybe they will use a different actor for Chenye?! Or maybe they changed the arc so they will not include this part. But i wouldn t like if they modified too much the story.

From what I gather from the leaked footage, I'm pretty sure they have Chen Ye in the story and Vengo Gao will be playing him.
Definitely a little skeptical how this would work out. Honestly, I would've preferred a different actor to play him.
So it'll be 2 Vengo faces, one with black hair (ChenYe) and one with white hair (DH)

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

14 hours ago, rapo65 said:

Sorry, i messed up the people:joy: i am curious how much screen time will have the actress that bought the rights, as she is playing Jiheng. I wonder if they will follow the same pattern as in the book, or they will show us more, including things that weren't in the book. Considering how many changes there were in the untamed, for sure the script for Pillow book will be changed as well. 

OOOooooo I really hope they show us more!! But only if it adds to the story. :lol:

For sure they'll add a bit after the book ending, because all us fans would die if it just ended there haha (I know I wanted more!)
I'm most curious as to what they'll add for Bai Zhen and Cheng Yu because they aren't really in the books
I'm sure Cheng Yu and Lian Song will probably be a side couple...but maybe BaiZhen will take up some of Ye Hua's role??
On another note, I just noticed on MyDramaList it says the screenwriter is also worked on TMOPB! Great! Now I have high hopesss!

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

11 hours ago, midnight_muse said:

From what I gather from the leaked footage, I'm pretty sure they have Chen Ye in the story and Vengo Gao will be playing him.
Definitely a little skeptical how this would work out. Honestly, I would've preferred a different actor to play him.
So it'll be 2 Vengo faces, one with black hair (ChenYe) and one with white hair (DH)

Woaa..so strange to see 2 Vengo faces, with a different colour of hair :w00t: don't forget we have the human realm arc also, were there is another Vengo with dark hair :joy: 

• LOL 1

11 hours ago, midnight_muse said:

I'm most curious as to what they'll add for Bai Zhen and Cheng Yu because they aren't really in the books
I'm sure Cheng Yu and Lian Song will probably be a side couple...but maybe BaiZhen will take up some of Ye Hua's role??
On another note, I just noticed on MyDramaList it says the screenwriter is also worked on TMOPB! Great! Now I have high hopesss!

well, as in most chinese dramas, we need a side couple, so like you said, it will probably be Cheng Yu and Lian Song. Cheng Yu could be Feng Jiu's friend in heaven, like in TMOPB. As for Bai Zhen, I have no idea whatsoever. 

If it's the same screenwriter as in TMOPB, then i have no worries. For sure we will get a more than decent written script, maybe even better than the original script.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, rapo65 said:

Woaa..so strange to see 2 Vengo faces, with a different colour of hair :w00t: don't forget we have the human realm arc also, were there is another Vengo with dark hair :joy: 

Vengo play 4 characters as Crown prince, Chen Ye, Donghua and there's also Xize :lol: 

Reba as Crown princess , Aranya, Fengjiu..I think it really interesting bc I wanted to know Vengo/Reba's credibility to play every each characters .

@midnight_museI feel so relief Vengo play all characters since Reba also play all the characters especially Aranya bc I didn't want to or have to watch lovey dovey scenes between Donghua and Aranya who isn't Reba..

• Like 2

6 hours ago, rapo65 said:

well, as in most chinese dramas, we need a side couple, so like you said, it will probably be Cheng Yu and Lian Song. Cheng Yu could be Feng Jiu's friend in heaven, like in TMOPB. As for Bai Zhen, I have no idea whatsoever. 

If it's the same screenwriter as in TMOPB, then i have no worries. For sure we will get a more than decent written script, maybe even better than the original script.

I think you are right..side couple most probably would be Liansong /ChengYu  IF not ChenYe/Aranya bc in the book ChenYe/Aranya was one of the main stories beside DongFeng.

As for the screen/scripts I have high hopes bc TangQi an Author of Pillow Book herself was one of the script writers in this drama..

• Like 3

On 19/09/2019 at 08:50, jimmylyne said:

Vengo interpreta 4 personagens como príncipe herdeiro, Chen Ye, Donghua e também há Xize :ri muito: 

Reba como a princesa herdeiro, Aranya, Fengjiu ... Eu acho realmente interessante porque eu queria saber a credibilidade de Vengo / Reba para interpretar todos os personagens.

@midnight_muse Sinto-me tão aliviado que o Vengo interpreta todos os personagens, já que Reba também interpreta todos os personagens, especialmente Aranya bc. Eu não queria ou tive que assistir cenas de Doyy entre Donghua e Aranya, que não é Reba.

On 19/09/2019 at 08:50, jimmylyne said:

Vengo interpreta 4 personagens como príncipe herdeiro, Chen Ye, Donghua e também há Xize :ri muito: 

Reba como a princesa herdeiro, Aranya, Fengjiu ... Eu acho realmente interessante porque eu queria saber a credibilidade de Vengo / Reba para interpretar todos os personagens.

@midnight_muse Sinto-me tão aliviado que o Vengo interpreta todos os personagens, já que Reba também interpreta todos os personagens, especialmente Aranya bc. Eu não queria ou tive que assistir cenas de Doyy entre Donghua e Aranya, que não é Reba.

I had seen that it was going to be another actor playing Xize. And that Vengo will only stay with the roles of Donghua, Chen Ye and as Prince Consort of the mortal world.

8 hours ago, Ester Souza said:

I had seen that it was going to be another actor playing Xize. And that Vengo will only stay with the roles of Donghua, Chen Ye and as Prince Consort of the mortal world.

Yes..the real Xize(Lord Xixe from Dreamverse aka Aranya Dream)play by another actor whose live in seclusion area Mount Qinan and freezed by Donghua's magic.

The reason I said Vengo play 4 characters (Donghua. ChenYe .Crown prince .and Xixe) was bc Donghua steal/borrowed Xixe identity to lives amongst Biniyiaos as Lord Xize so that he can taking care of Fengjiu's soul which he mistakenly believes that Fengjiu's soul was inside Junuo's womb..

After watching this interview I feel bad for Reba, so after Pillow book filming its not like she want to rest but she have no new drama offers, that's why she join Produce 101 and Go fighting?

And I do admit that her looks is kinda distracting in historical drama (like the Kings women) but I believe she could do it if they give her a chance :thumbsup:

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

I am surprised Reba has no new dramas, she is A popular actress and is the lead for many recent dramas. It is possible the recent drama restriction have taken a toll on the industry?

• Confused 1

On 9/16/2019 at 5:03 AM, rapo65 said:

I recommend you to watch this video. Now i have understood a lot of things that weren't explained before about c-drama industry. Really eye opening video and i tend to agree with her. I am curious about your opinions :)

What AvenueX said makes sense and I can see the move as part of their industry sustainability program. I can understand if they want to encourage/promote more contemporary dramas but at the same time, the restriction that they put onto modern drama is limiting its creativity range. Unlike costume drama,  modern drama can't have feudalistic ideology; no superstition (ghost, vampire, witchcraft), no religious issue (reincarnation, god, demon, heaven/hell), etc. For people who like fantasy genre like me,  it's really disappointing (or I could just go watch non-chinese drama ;)).

12 hours ago, Sisca_TVXQ said:

After watching this interview I feel bad for Reba, so after Pillow book filming its not like she want to rest but she have no new drama offers, that's why she join Produce 101 and Go fighting?

And I do admit that her looks is kinda distracting in historical drama (like the Kings women) but I believe she could do it if they give her a chance :thumbsup:

She don't have drama shooting but she's still so busy that she only has 3 hours to do this shooting :P

China insist that all the minority ethnic groups are part of the country and even 'generously' build 're-education camp' for them, but in the end still says "sorry Reba, your face is not chinese enough" .

Sorry for the rant. I'm sleep deprived :sleeping:

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

7 hours ago, orenji_neko said:

What AvenueX said makes sense and I can see the move as part of their industry sustainability program. I can understand if they want to encourage/promote more contemporary dramas but at the same time, the restriction that they put onto modern drama is limiting its creativity range. Unlike costume drama,  modern drama can't have feudalistic ideology; no superstition (ghost, vampire, witchcraft), no religious issue (reincarnation, god, demon, heaven/hell), etc. For people who like fantasy genre like me,  it's really disappointing (or I could just go watch non-chinese drama ;)).

I agree with you...don't get me wrong, i love chinese dramas, but they don't know how to make a proper modern drama. Or at least this is my opinion. The korean and japanese modern dramas are so much better in comparison to chinese ones. There is something that is missing in chinese modern dramas..they look a bite fake to me, i don't knowk how to explain it. On the contrary, chinese fantasy and historical dramas are soooo gooood! I just love them. :heart: but i would rather watch 3-4 chinese historical/fantasy dramas per year that are really, really good, than watch 8-10 or even more historical/fantasy dramas that are long, draggy and lacking in quality, like a lot of chinese dramas are. As for modern dramas, i will stick with japanese and korean ones. Too bad we will need to wait a lot for the historical dramas :dissapointed_relieved: meeh...

On 9/22/2019 at 10:56 PM, Sisca_TVXQ said:

If it's true..can I blame it on her agency and her manager?... for not efficiently enough to do their job.. didn't they also should hold the responsibility..for not getting any job for her..

18 hours ago, rapo65 said:

I agree with you...don't get me wrong, i love chinese dramas, but they don't know how to make a proper modern drama. Or at least this is my opinion. The korean and japanese modern dramas are so much better in comparison to chinese ones. There is something that is missing in chinese modern dramas..they look a bite fake to me, i don't knowk how to explain it. On the contrary, chinese fantasy and historical dramas are soooo gooood! I just love them. :heart: but i would rather watch 3-4 chinese historical/fantasy dramas per year that are really, really good, than watch 8-10 or even more historical/fantasy dramas that are long, draggy and lacking in quality, like a lot of chinese dramas are. As for modern dramas, i will stick with japanese and korean ones. Too bad we will need to wait a lot for the historical dramas :dissapointed_relieved: meeh...

OMG I thought I was the only one! Yes Chinese modern dramas is really boring and lacking something for me. Historical and fantasy is their forte. Recently korean try the Fantasy genre with Arthdal and I think they need to learn from Chinese :sweatingbullets:

@jimmylyne I dont think we could blame Jaywalk/Yangmi, they really promote Reba until she becomes famous despite lacking good drama offers. She's still young so lets hope she will get more chances in the future :thumbsup:

• Love 1

Reba has upcoming drama with Huang Jingyu right? 

Huang Jingyu was present at filming ceremony but Reba is no show (we didn't even saw #ThePillowBook's filiming ceremony because they treat it as a secret #bitteraboutit) but according to some sources chances that she's casted is 9/10 because supporting casts consist of Jaywalk babies....

My fearless forecast is they will air #ThePillowBook after the filiming of this (i hope iM WRONG) 

1 hour ago, Sisca_TVXQ said:

OMG I thought I was the only one! Yes Chinese modern dramas is really boring and lacking something for me. Historical and fantasy is their forte. Recently korean try the Fantasy genre with Arthdal and I think they need to learn from Chinese :sweatingbullets:

@jimmylyne I dont think we could blame Jaywalk/Yangmi, they really promote Reba until she becomes famous despite lacking good drama offers. She's still young so lets hope she will get more chances in the future :thumbsup:

I am so agree with you and @rapo65

Regarding Fantasy/Historical/Modern dramas.I really love Chinese drama when it come to Fantasy genre..especially the GCI..

But I love Korean historical and modern dramas tho.

Actually..when I said that..I didn't mean it:)( I just randomly thought that a part of actor/actress got a job not only just depends on them ..LoL I got this idea from Korean drama My lovely girl  Rain/Crystal where the agency and manager of this drama control almost everything for the workers/interns...new projects..Debuts..even created their love interest for popularity). Reba should try Turkish drama since she is fluent in Turkish languages...it's would be really2x interesting..bc her appearance is so mesmerisingly unique or "her face was not Chinese enough":D

It's also a good thing so that she can take her time to rest chil and relax until the Pillow book drama aired..

how about her new movie with Shawn Dou? Got any news..

• Like 1
  • LOL 1