[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

FJ's first impressions on Xiao Yan when she see him for the first time.

Pretty boy...his figure elegant, his lips rosy and his teeth white.

And FJ think why Jiheng didn't like Xiao Yan, perhaps she didn't want to have a husband who was prettier than herself, to prevent losing face when they stood together..LMAO.

Did FJ really honestly feel that Xiao Yan prettier than Jiheng..

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

FJ's POV on Donghua Dijun.

From heaven to earth no one was as eternally loyal to this purple colour of garment ( DH's purple robe trademark color) and could wear it as beautifully as Donghua. He was singularly the most extraordinary deity in the world. Wherever he stand, scenery turned into paradise. 

These sentences was so remarkably powerfully impressive regarding DH's appearance.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

PS: Don't mind me...I'm just collects a few excerptions that I liked from the book..and yes I read it again for the 4th? 5th? or was it 6th..I can't remember :lol:

An excerptions about DH

And I'm an AWE with the descriptions..

He had long silver hair, an indigo headband and a handsome and regal countenance. When he held a Buddhist Sutra , he was solemn and tranquil beyond all existence. When he wielded a sword ,he was as fierce as a destructive cyclone.

Are we gonna see DH with the headband as per described as in the book?...from a few pictures we have seen so far.. doesn't looked like it.

The headband thing reminds me of Lan Zhan from The untamed..but of course different shape...

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Damn I'm on fire..and again don't mind me..

I love this parts ....while Fengjiu's racking her brains how to breaks the news...how to have a most pleasant way to introduced Donghua as her husband to her family...then because she lose in sword fight with Nie Chunyin..Donghua as her Prince Consort have to also participated...then at the end Donghua has been introduced as her husband not only to her family's but also to the whole world...LOL...such a grand entrance...:lol:

The reactions of FJ's family was priceless..here it goes...I know I know all of DongFeng fans know it all...right..

Hanshan Zhenren...Deity who work in marriage registry breaks the news....of course he know about DongFeng being married ...only him and Lord Liansong know about it.

Hanshan Zhenren say to Nie Chunyin 

"Although your lordship has defeated her Highness Fengjiu, you have yet to beat her Prince Consort. Its seem a little premature to be asking Her Highness for a promise from Qingqiu."

There was a burst of silence from the audience followed by a burst of murmuring. 

Bai Zhi Dijun's( FJ's Grandfather) hand stilled at the tea table. High Deity Zheyan's face froze in shock. Elderly Fairy Fumi's( FJ's Grandmother) mouth dropped open. High Deity Bai Yi's( FJ's father) almost fell off his seat and High Deity Bai Qian dazzedly asked Lord Ye Hua " she's married? To whom? Since when?". Lord YeHua prudently replied " it must be it, Hanshan Zhenren says it is "

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

On 10/9/2019 at 3:59 PM, jimmylyne said:

Damn I'm on fire..and again don't mind me..

I love this parts ....while Fengjiu's racking her brains how to breaks the news...how to have a most pleasant way to introduced Donghua as her husband to her family...then because she lose in sword fight with Nie Chunyin..Donghua as her Prince Consort have to also participated...then at the end Donghua has been introduced as her husband not only to her family's but also to the whole world...LOL...such a grand entrance...:lol:

The reactions of FJ's family was priceless..here it goes...I know I know all of DongFeng fans know it all...right..

Hanshan Zhenren...Deity who work in marriage registry breaks the news....of course he know about DongFeng being married ...only him and Lord Liansong know about it.

Hanshan Zhenren say to Nie Chunyin 

"Although your lordship has defeated her Highness Fengjiu, you have yet to beat her Prince Consort. Its seem a little premature to be asking Her Highness for a promise from Qingqiu."

There was a burst of silence from the audience followed by a burst of murmuring. 

Bai Zhi Dijun's( FJ's Grandfather) hand stilled at the tea table. High Deity Zheyan's face froze in shock. Elderly Fairy Fumi's( FJ's Grandmother) mouth dropped open. High Deity Bai Yi's( FJ's father) almost fell off his seat and High Deity Bai Qian dazzedly asked Lord Ye Hua " she's married? To whom? Since when?". Lord YeHua prudently replied " it must be it, Hanshan Zhenren says it is "

I swear, this is my favourite part of the book :heart::heart::heart: i squealed like crazy the first time i have read it :joy: the way Donghua appear on the scene to battle Nie Chunyin makes my heart flutter, honestly...just imagine the reaction of the whole audience :joy: the almighty king of the universe, the most revered god, the walking Buddha is married! and to whom?!...to a little fox :joy:  imagine the jealousy, the aw and all the mixed emotions that this news provoked to the people being there at that moment. we have to admit that Fengjiu really nailed it...to be able to conquer the most amazing god in the whole universe, it's really someything. This is a lesson of perseverence..if you really, really want something, then the fate really works in your favor. 

If they don't show this scene in the drama, i really will throw something out of the window :joy: 

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

On 10/9/2019 at 8:06 AM, jimmylyne said:

Are we gonna see DH with the headband as per described as in the book?...from a few pictures we have seen so far.. doesn't looked like it.

The headband thing reminds me of Lan Zhan from The untamed..but of course different shape...

Haha yeah doesn't look like he's wearing a headband but I think that's for the best
I've seen a couple of edited pics of DH with a headband and I think it's better without 
(I will say though Lan Zhan in The Untamed pulled off the headband quite well ^_^)

expection vs. reality lol
0b7923d89e977637e1f7ee20c4fb3751.jpg18444014_606576876198975_783675585981946

• LOL 2

Also props to whoever changed DH's hairstyle :thumbsup: ~*clap clap clap clap clap*~
Who knew?! Putting the ear-tails behind the ears makes such a huge difference! I think they also made the ear-tails thinner...
Credits to the makeup crew as well ~*clap clap clap clap clap*~
Hopefully he looks just as good on film as he does in the posters *fingers-crossed*

From old-looking "young" man, to old but young-looking HOT STUD lol  :joy:
Dong+Hua+Dijun++in+Fox+Den.jpg0071OIOely1fyrztb6y4uj32bc1jj4qr.jpg

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

5 hours ago, rapo65 said:

I swear, this is my favourite part of the book :heart::heart::heart: i squealed like crazy the first time i have read it :joy: the way Donghua appear on the scene to battle Nie Chunyin makes my heart flutter, honestly...just imagine the reaction of the whole audience :joy: the almighty king of the universe, the most revered god, the walking Buddha is married! and to whom?!...to a little fox :joy:  imagine the jealousy, the aw and all the mixed emotions that this news provoked to the people being there at that moment. we have to admit that Fengjiu really nailed it...to be able to conquer the most amazing god in the whole universe, it's really someything. This is a lesson of perseverence..if you really, really want something, then the fate really works in your favor. 

If they don't show this scene in the drama, i really will throw something out of the window :joy: 

Oh don't worry I'm sure it's in the drama! It has to be! If not, I'll join you and also throw something out the window hahaha :joy:
This looks like the scene, so I'm pretty sure it's included, just can't wait to see everyone's reactions :lol:
DnTXV90UcAA9fef.jpg

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

19 hours ago, midnight_muse said:

Oh don't worry I'm sure it's in the drama! It has to be! If not, I'll join you and also throw something out the window hahaha :joy:
This looks like the scene, so I'm pretty sure it's included, just can't wait to see everyone's reactions :lol:
DnTXV90UcAA9fef.jpg

woaaaaaa, i will squeal like crazy we will get to this part in the drama, I'm telling you :joy::joy: all the neighbors will hear me. look how nice Dijun looks here. you were right about the hairstyle. it looks so much better here than in TMOPB :blush: though i admit i wanted to see him with the purple jewel in the middle of his forehead and loose hair, like in the fanfics. for example Ye Hua looked amazing with loose hair in TMOPB :love: 

• Like 3

One of Fengjiu's POV..

Dijun was perhaps the divinest out of

all Divines, forever staying inside the Three puritiest of the untroubled Bodhi land. There was no one in the world who dares to entice him into the dusty realm, but she had audacity to try such a thing. She tried she tried and it's worked. She was too talented.

She drew him into this love affair, something he had never experienced before. He must not be used to it, but even so, he was not lost.  He was still going at his pace, by his rule.  He was certainly the king she always knew. She love it.

PS : my old post actually, but because I was so proud of Fengjiu's ...I just need to shared it again.:grin:

It's just so admirably touching with her patience in order to pursue her love..how she managed to melt Donghua Dijun's heart...someone who was known as per described " Emotionless, Desireless, Loveless" .A deity with neither Desire nor Want...existed since the time Yin and Yang separated at the Blue Sea,(an ancient old man :joy:) A true spirit born out of Heaven and Earth. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Donghua Dijun the most attractively charming an ancient old man ..He was 390,526 yrs old and still a virgin (I'm so impressed by his celibacy) and Fengjiu was Fengjiu was 32,200 yrs old..

But I'm not 100% sure about their ages...this is my guess about their age when DongFeng attends BaiQian/YeHua's wedding...i just remembered@redfoxprincess had has post someone's Blog about it.

Their age difference??:o:scream::joy:

He guite amused by Fengjiu's mischievously behaviour when she kick Flowerpot that goes straight toward him but stop merely 3 inches from his precious forehead and Fengjiu spontaneously blame Migu!!!:joy:.

Those incident also make Donghua Dijun finally noticed Fengjiu for the first time eventhough they're actually already briefly meet at Wangsheng lakeside ...

• LOL 2

@rapo65Red spider lily...wow ...that's such a beautiful flowers. 

Yes...I remember...a sea of fuling flowers

I've always heard of your Grace's unparalleled tranquillity in all the realm. I've long wanted to know if your heart is truly as placid as they say it is. My wish was at last granted. I didn't know your Grace's weakness is a sea of fuling flowers. How interesting how interesting indeed. I wonder if...what's you keep in your heart is this flower sea or a certain someone hidden inside it? The powerful deity in the world, the so called Saint who has regained Singles - Mindedness  in the nine mental abiding having this shocking of secret.. - MiaoLuo

• Love 1

3 hours ago, jimmylyne said:

I didn't know your Grace's weakness is a sea of fuling flowers

I wonder what is the meaning of this metaphor and why the author chose it.

According to wikipedia:

"Since these scarlet flowers usually bloom near cemeteries around the autumnal equinox, they are described in Chinese and Japanese translations of the Lotus Sutra as ominous flowers that grow in Hell, (Chinese: 黃泉), and guide the dead into the next reincarnation.

Some legends have it that when you see someone that you may never meet again, these flowers, also called red spider lilies or corpse flowers, would bloom along the path. Perhaps because of these sorrowful legends, Japanese people often used these flowers in funerals. The popular Japanese name Higanbana (彼岸花 Higan bana) for Lycoris radiata literally means higan (the other or that shore of Sanzu River) flower, decorative and enjoyable, flower of the afterlife in gokuraku jyōdo (極楽浄土 gokuraku jyōdo)."

Maybe the sea of flowers represented all the dead feelings Dijun had in his heart, because, you remember, before he met her, he didn't know what love and jealousy is. But, among that sea of red flowers, a feeling of love started to blossom. I all the time said chinese people see this feeling of love way different than we see it in the western world. Their legends and novels are way more profound, there is almost a sacred deepness added to human feelings...i don't know how to put it into words (sorry for the rant).

Red Spider Lily Field In Fall

• Like 2

21 hours ago, rapo65 said:

I wonder what is the meaning of this metaphor and why the author chose it.

According to wikipedia:

"Since these scarlet flowers usually bloom near cemeteries around the autumnal equinox, they are described in Chinese and Japanese translations of the Lotus Sutra as ominous flowers that grow in Hell, (Chinese: 黃泉), and guide the dead into the next reincarnation.

Some legends have it that when you see someone that you may never meet again, these flowers, also called red spider lilies or corpse flowers, would bloom along the path. Perhaps because of these sorrowful legends, Japanese people often used these flowers in funerals. The popular Japanese name Higanbana (彼岸花 Higan bana) for Lycoris radiata literally means higan (the other or that shore of Sanzu River) flower, decorative and enjoyable, flower of the afterlife in gokuraku jyōdo (極楽浄土 gokuraku jyōdo)."

Maybe the sea of flowers represented all the dead feelings Dijun had in his heart, because, you remember, before he met her, he didn't know what love and jealousy is. But, among that sea of red flowers, a feeling of love started to blossom. I all the time said chinese people see this feeling of love way different than we see it in the western world. Their legends and novels are way more profound, there is almost a sacred deepness added to human feelings...i don't know how to put it into words (sorry for the rant).

Red Spider Lily Field In Fall

Despite the beauty..the symbolic of each flowers was very unique ..ominous, corpse, sorrowful.. 

I love your theories about "sea of fuling flowers" I was wondering how and why Miaoluo thinks that Donghua weaknesses is sea of fuling flower and she manage to figured it out.. someone that Donghua adores is Fengjiu.

In Fengjiu's memories about Donghua and fuling flowers. These is after they defeated MiaoLuo, Donghua was injured and resting his head on Fengjiu's lap.

Watching a sleeping Donghua,  Fengjiu recalled the day when she has also once liked sleeping on his lap as a baby fox.  In those day when fuling petals fell on her head, Donghua would brush them away for her.

• Love 1

On 10/14/2019 at 8:57 AM, rapo65 said:

Times like these I wish I could understand Chinese, I'm sure a lot of the underlying poetry is lost in translation.
But I will say I still felt the symbolism of the flowers in the translated novel (also everytime the wind would pick up to DH emotions)
It's so beautiful!! I hope they are able to translate that feeling and poetic love into the drama!  :innocent:

As for the symbolism of the flowers, it seems quite fitting. Especially when representing Fengjiu.
I feel this line really stuck with me, "Some legends have it that when you see someone that you may never meet again, these flowers, also called red spider lilies or corpse flowers, would bloom along the path"
This basically describes so much of Fengjiu and Donghua's love story...
From FJ chasing after him as a maid then a fox, then parting ways as she declared to forget her love for him, then as they reunite,  DH almost loses FJ in Aranya's dream, they manage to find love, but end up parting again with Fengjiu leaving DH due to his lies...
So many instances DH ends up in a position where he may just lose FJ for good :confounded:
This is the angst I LIVE FOR!!! Give me all the heartbreak in the drama! I'm ready for it!!!
But also I am so excited to see the happy ending!!

• Love 1

7 hours ago, midnight_muse said:

Times like these I wish I could understand Chinese, I'm sure a lot of the underlying poetry is lost in translation.
But I will say I still felt the symbolism of the flowers in the translated novel (also everytime the wind would pick up to DH emotions)
It's so beautiful!! I hope they are able to translate that feeling and poetic love into the drama!  :innocent:

As for the symbolism of the flowers, it seems quite fitting. Especially when representing Fengjiu.
I feel this line really stuck with me, "Some legends have it that when you see someone that you may never meet again, these flowers, also called red spider lilies or corpse flowers, would bloom along the path"
This basically describes so much of Fengjiu and Donghua's love story...
From FJ chasing after him as a maid then a fox, then parting ways as she declared to forget her love for him, then as they reunite,  DH almost loses FJ in Aranya's dream, they manage to find love, but end up parting again with Fengjiu leaving DH due to his lies...
So many instances DH ends up in a position where he may just lose FJ for good :confounded:
This is the angst I LIVE FOR!!! Give me all the heartbreak in the drama! I'm ready for it!!!
But also I am so excited to see the happy ending!!

From my understanding DH didn't lie to FJ..but yes Fengjiu felt that DH deceived her especially when she known about the "alter memory potion".

Fengjiu leaving because of her doubt or uncertain about DH's love ..that she felt DH not consistent about his own feeling and she also think that DH had choosing Jiheng over her..

An excerptions from the book: 

When she fell in Aranya Dream, she was in the brink of death and he chosen her. Now that Jiheng was on the brink of death ,he choose Jiheng. Ultimately, who was it that was blind to his own feeling? She reckoned he understood he had wrong her in choosing Jiheng, that was why he was too ashamed to come to Qingqiu to see her.

I might say the separation that happened to them was because of many mishaps and misunderstanding..and the fews reason that I think of was:

1) Xiao Yan fail to bring a letter to FJ/ Zhonglin from DH that briefly explain about his situations.

2) Bai Zhi said that DH and Jiheng having an affair.

3)DH didn't know until it too late that the messages he sent did not arrives on time due to the messenger (XiaoYan) injured and have to had a treatment for month's( in comatose..maybe).73 days later DH did come to Qingqiu right after he know that his messages didn't reach FJ.

Ps: I don't mind light ansty but please not the heavy ,deep or extreme one..I don't think I can handle it...

I read PB so many time ..and everytime..without failure making me cry when read the devestated part..giggles and laugh when it funny...smile when across the happy moments..

DongFeng got me really bad..

• Love 1

2 hours ago, jimmylyne said:

From my understanding DH didn't lie to FJ..but yes Fengjiu felt that DH deceived her especially when she known about the "alter memory potion".

Fengjiu leaving because of her doubt or uncertain about DH's love ..that she felt DH not consistent about his own feeling and she also think that DH had choosing Jiheng over her..

Ps: I don't mind light ansty but please not the heavy ,deep or extreme one..I don't think I can handle it...

I read PB so many time ..and everytime..without failure making me cry when read the devestated part..giggles and laugh when it funny...smile when across the happy moments..

DongFeng got me really bad..

Ah you're right "deception" is a way better word to describe it

Thankfully there are plenty of funny and cute moments in this story, the angst comes in small but strong moments
Bless the fact that it's a happy ending, hopefully that'll calm everyone whose hearts can't handle too much drama lol

• Like 1
  • Love 1