Quantcast
Jump to content
angelangie

[Upcoming Mainland WebDrama 2018] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

Recommended Posts

19 minutes ago, Sisca_TVXQ said:

 

Is mydramalist reliable ? Some of their information seems not right (remember reba's next project?)

I hope so..

I remember Reba's next project..the one that the casts listed keep on changing right..

 

@midnight_muse you could be right.. maybe they( mydramalist) just worded it badly..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/5/2019 at 12:58 PM, JimmyDangz said:

A part of synopsis on mydramalist...and it's bugging me ..way too much different from the book..

 

To pay the debt of gratitude, FJ follows DH who goes to fight the rebelling Demon lord. FJ soon realize that gratitude has turned into love, however DH already forgot what love is. In order to keep her safe , DH sends FJ to the mortal realm,  but the guardian he sends together with her unexpectedly dies. While trying to find the Immortal Fruit that can let her reborn, FJ enters the temple of the ghost princess. 

 

True that there are changes...I hope this is just one person's (the one who made the synopsis) interpretation of the book. 

 

You can see parallels to the book, though. For example:

 

The debt of gratitude could be the one that started it all...where DH saves her from that beast in the mountains. There are a lot of times that FJ could owe a debt of gratitude to DH in the Pillow Book...when he helps her as she fought the demon that started the fire, when he keeps the stuff she forgot at the hot springs, when he puts her in the cage (?) to keep her safe etc.

 

The rebelling demon lord could be Yan Chiwu who always asks DH for a duel.

 

To keep her safe, DH puts her in the cage (?) which falls into Fan Yin Valley (instead of the mortal world).

 

I don't know who is the guardian who dies... maybe it's supposed to be connected to Qing Ti? So maybe they are going to show an arc where she does go to the mortal realm and she was a concubine who was gifted to Qing Ti.

 

The immortal fruit is the fruit from Fan Yin Valley that she wants in order to repay her debt of gratitude to Qing Ti.

 

The temple of the ghost princess is likely Aranya's dream. 

 

Yep, those are some changes. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ElleSor said:

 

True that there are changes...I hope this is just one person's (the one who made the synopsis) interpretation of the book. 

 

You can see parallels to the book, though. For example:

 

The debt of gratitude could be the one that started it all...where DH saves her from that beast in the mountains. There are a lot of times that FJ could owe a debt of gratitude to DH in the Pillow Book...when he helps her as she fought the demon that started the fire, when he keeps the stuff she forgot at the hot springs, when he puts her in the cage (?) to keep her safe etc.

 

The rebelling demon lord could be Yan Chiwu who always asks DH for a duel.

 

To keep her safe, DH puts her in the cage (?) which falls into Fan Yin Valley (instead of the mortal world).

 

I don't know who is the guardian who dies... maybe it's supposed to be connected to Qing Ti? So maybe they are going to show an arc where she does go to the mortal realm and she was a concubine who was gifted to Qing Ti.

 

The immortal fruit is the fruit from Fan Yin Valley that she wants in order to repay her debt of gratitude to Qing Ti.

 

The temple of the ghost princess is likely Aranya's dream. 

 

Yep, those are some changes. 

 

If the interpretation was follow the accuracy of the book..no matter how odd as it was..I don't mind 

What's make me anxious IF the synopsis was really meant for the PB drama..especially these excerpts..

 

Donghua already forgot what love is

 

just like what @midnight_muse said ..these word was implied that DH has been love before.

But we know from the book DongFeng was each other first.

and this also make me a little bit confused why DH confessed to FJ's father that he was fell in love at the first sight with Fengjiu.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

@JimmyDangz I doubt they would have made DH have any other past loves besides FJ, fans would riot haha

Just gonna cross my fingers that the synopsis was poorly translated 

 

@rapo65 Same here :lol: I'm trying to not binge read it in two days...need to make this last until the trailer comes out haha

  • Like 1
  • LOL 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay so, just out of curiosity, I went searching for the synopsis on BaiDu

(https://baike.baidu.com/item/三生三世枕上书/15821930?fr=aladdin) <--how reliable is this??

Not too sure how accurate this is, but was just curious how different the Chinese synopsis would be

Disclaimer: I can not read Chinese so just slid this into Google translate (completely raw from Google translate)

 

Qingqiu Emperor Ji Baifeng Jiu ( Dili Reba ) was attacked by a monster when he was practicing in the mountains. The moment of crisis was saved by the passing Donghua Emperor ( Gao Weiguang ) , and he was remembered in mind. In order to report to Enfeng Jiu, he insisted on following Donghua and fighting in the chaos of the world. In the relationship, she found that her feelings of resentment have turned into love. However, in the struggle between thousands of years and evil, Donghua has forgotten the word "love". In order to protect the safety of Fengjiu, Donghua sent her to the world, but unfortunately made friends die to protect her. In order to find the fairy fruit that can be resurrected in the legend, Feng Jiu entered the dreamland of the winged Princess Alanjo and relived the life of Alanjo. After arduous efforts to rescue Feng Jiu, Donghua found that she had fallen in love with her. The two were preparing to become relatives, but Donghua missed the wedding banquet in order to save Princess Ji (Liu Yuxin) . The lost Feng Jiu went alone to the world and gave birth to Donghua’s son. At this time, Donghua was seriously injured and consciously died soon. He could only bury his love for Feng Jiu in his heart, and turned his half heart into a glass ring to protect the phoenix and prepare for emergence. He realized that Donghua was deep in himself. The feelings, Feng Jiu resolutely rushed to the emperor and the fallen battlefield, burning the power of life, defeating the strong enemy and helping Donghua maintain the peace of the world. In the end, justice defeated evil, and light defeated the darkness. Feng Jiu was asleep because of serious injuries. Donghua and Bai Feng and his father and son recognized each other.

 

It's not perfect but it gets the jist across

But after reading this I feel a lot more at ease

This version seems much more accurate than the other translated synopsis

Specifically the parts about how DH has "forgotten the word 'love'" and FJ entering the "dreamland of the winged Princess [Aranya]"

 

Note to any Chinese readers out there, how accurate is this to the original Chinese synopsis?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, midnight_muse said:

Okay so, just out of curiosity, I went searching for the synopsis on BaiDu

(https://baike.baidu.com/item/三生三世枕上书/15821930?fr=aladdin) <--how reliable is this??

Not too sure how accurate this is, but was just curious how different the Chinese synopsis would be

Disclaimer: I can not read Chinese so just slid this into Google translate (completely raw from Google translate)

 

Qingqiu Emperor Ji Baifeng Jiu ( Dili Reba ) was attacked by a monster when he was practicing in the mountains. The moment of crisis was saved by the passing Donghua Emperor ( Gao Weiguang ) , and he was remembered in mind. In order to report to Enfeng Jiu, he insisted on following Donghua and fighting in the chaos of the world. In the relationship, she found that her feelings of resentment have turned into love. However, in the struggle between thousands of years and evil, Donghua has forgotten the word "love". In order to protect the safety of Fengjiu, Donghua sent her to the world, but unfortunately made friends die to protect her. In order to find the fairy fruit that can be resurrected in the legend, Feng Jiu entered the dreamland of the winged Princess Alanjo and relived the life of Alanjo. After arduous efforts to rescue Feng Jiu, Donghua found that she had fallen in love with her. The two were preparing to become relatives, but Donghua missed the wedding banquet in order to save Princess Ji (Liu Yuxin) . The lost Feng Jiu went alone to the world and gave birth to Donghua’s son. At this time, Donghua was seriously injured and consciously died soon. He could only bury his love for Feng Jiu in his heart, and turned his half heart into a glass ring to protect the phoenix and prepare for emergence. He realized that Donghua was deep in himself. The feelings, Feng Jiu resolutely rushed to the emperor and the fallen battlefield, burning the power of life, defeating the strong enemy and helping Donghua maintain the peace of the world. In the end, justice defeated evil, and light defeated the darkness. Feng Jiu was asleep because of serious injuries. Donghua and Bai Feng and his father and son recognized each other.

 

It's not perfect but it gets the jist across

But after reading this I feel a lot more at ease

This version seems much more accurate than the other translated synopsis

Specifically the parts about how DH has "forgotten the word 'love'" and FJ entering the "dreamland of the winged Princess [Aranya]"

 

Note to any Chinese readers out there, how accurate is this to the original Chinese synopsis?

This synopsis was much better than the other synopsis tho...

I remember there's once here some fans asked for a thousands years old how come DH never have any relationships before?

The Peace of Heaven/world was his first and foremost priority all the time..he doesn't have a time or a urged/desires for love or woman until FJ.

That why he was known as "Desireless Emotionless Loveless" deity..

 

Eventhough he was adopted by Zhihe Father but he didn't feel their affections or "love" ...one of the reason was bc his unique hair color.(how can that be????.I have a thing for silver hair hero :D)

I felt the sadness...feel so touching when read the part that he was indulged and pampered by FJ..and he really love it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, midnight_muse said:

Not too sure how accurate this is, but was just curious how different the Chinese synopsis would be

Disclaimer: I can not read Chinese so just slid this into Google translate (completely raw from Google translate)

This is one of my biggest regrets in this life, not knowing chinese :tears: imagine how many other books we could read, which are not translated and how many dramas we could watch, without waiting for subtitles.. sigh..... :( #planningtorebornasachineseinthenextlife

I prefer this synopsis, as it's more like the novel. Let's hope it will be like this.

 

14 hours ago, midnight_muse said:

Note to any Chinese readers out there, how accurate is this to the original Chinese synopsis?

Kinda curious also, are there any Chinese here reading this forum? :D if yes, raise your hands! :joy:

 

https://www.weibo.com/tv/v/HoZzNu6fB?fid=1034:4359565702294262 :joy::joy:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@rapo65

I feel you!!! I would love to read the original Pillow Book in Chinese!

There are so many things that can get lost in translation and some of the more poetic Chinese lines just don't have the same effect when translated to a different language (though I still love the translated version and think the translators did a pretty good job :wub:)

 

:joy: You know what's super regretful, learning Chinese for 4 years back when I was still in junior high but forgetting most of it :sweat_smile:

After getting into Chinese dramas I started remembering some of the really easy stuff but still wish I paid more attention in school!!

Who knew I would need this skill because I became hooked on C-dramas hahaha

 

 

Question to anyone who has read both the original Chinese and English-translated Pillow Book (if there are any):

Just curious, but what differences are there between the Chinese and English versions?? How different are the more poetic lines of the text? And what are your thoughts on both of them?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

From the creators of TMOPB here comes a new drama, Love and destiny, which is considered a spin-off. This is the trailer. woaa, looks like we have another drama to look forward to, apart from Pillow book. the airing date is in 2020 according to Douban.

Synopsis here: https://cfen.si/2019/04/08/chang-chen-makes-drama-debut-opposite-ni-ni-in-eternal-love-spin-off/#more-59365

 

What do you think?

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, rapo65 said:

 

From the creators of TMOPB here comes a new drama, Love and destiny, which is considered a spin-off. This is the trailer. woaa, looks like we have another drama to look forward to, apart from Pillow book. the airing date is in 2020 according to Douban.

Synopsis here: https://cfen.si/2019/04/08/chang-chen-makes-drama-debut-opposite-ni-ni-in-eternal-love-spin-off/#more-59365

 

What do you think?

 

 Sounds a lot like Journey of Flower. That was a painful drama.... but I like the visuals. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/11/2019 at 8:32 PM, aprincessofmars said:

Sounds a lot like Journey of Flower. That was a painful drama.... but I like the visuals. 

 Yes, indeed, the teaser is absolutely amazing, extremely artistically done. Looking forward to the drama, especially because of the leads. Chang Chen starred is Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon. I liked him so much in that movie. 

Apparently, this is supposed to be Moyuan story. If the drama airs this year we will have a competition between this and Pillow book, to see which one is better :D

Wonder why the team behind TMOPB didn't choose to produce Pillow book, but instead went on with Moyuan's story.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, rapo65 said:

 Yes, indeed, the teaser is absolutely amazing, extremely artistically done. Looking forward to the drama, especially because of the leads. Chang Chen starred is Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon. I liked him so much in that movie. 

Apparently, this is supposed to be Moyuan story. If the drama airs this year we will have a competition between this and Pillow book, to see which one is better :D

Wonder why the team behind TMOPB didn't choose to produce Pillow book, but instead went on with Moyuan's story.

Hello this is the first time I post here (english is not my native language so... :sweatingbullets:)

This teaser is impressive and now I want a teaser of the Pillow book too  :heartbreak:

Does Anyone knows about the team behind Pillow Book? What dramas did they produce?

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How are we getting a trailer for this spin off before getting a trailer for Pillow Book??!!

I will say the trailer looks pretty but I wish it was actually Moyuan's story!!

Also hope that they don't air it during the same time as Pillow Book 

I want all my attention and energy saved for fan-girling over DH+FJ :kiss_wink: 

  • Like 2
  • LOL 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, yoyom15 said:

Does Anyone knows about the team behind Pillow Book? What dramas did they produce?

 

Welcome to Pillow book family! :kiss_wink:. We are all a big family here and we are glad to welcome new members.

I don't know the team, but i know the director. He is Chu Yui Bun. He was behind Ashes of Love and Legend of Chusen. hmm...to be honest i would have preferred the same team that produced TMOPB to produce Pillow book also. but meh, you can't have everything.

And where is our teaser of Pillow Book?!

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Hey Everyone,

Long time shadow stalker for this forum. Thought I'd leave this here :D

 

 

Edited by Shadow Fox
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, rapo65 said:

I don't know the team, but i know the director. He is Chu Yui Bun. He was behind Ashes of Love and Legend of Chusen. hmm...to be honest i would have preferred the same team that produced TMOPB to produce Pillow book also. but meh, you can't have everything.

 

I thought the director is Yang Xuan. He's a Taiwanese director that's suppose to be "a leader in directing emotional drama". I've never watched any of his stuff though.


(info about him https://baike.baidu.com/item/杨玄/6739326)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...