[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

6 hours ago, midnight_muse said:

I remember somewhere back in the forum some people said they think the actor that plays Zheyan looks weird haha

LOL I'm the one who said it first :sweatingbullets: and some agreed with me :lol:

But he looks good here so I guess we just have to wait and see him in motion ~

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

3 hours ago, Sisca_TVXQ said:

LOL I'm the one who said it first :sweatingbullets: and some agreed with me :lol:

But he looks good here so I guess we just have to wait and see him in motion ~

I watched a taiwanese drama with him called Bromance. He was very handsome there and he is a good actor, so I think you will like him. Can you imagine he is 41? He looks waay younger. In comparison to him, Chang Chen (the ML from Love and Destiny) looks older, but in fact they have the same age. Taiwan gave us a lot of good actors :blush:

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

Baron Chen looks so different here! He looks so good and hasn't aged a day! :wub:

I love how this thread continues to grow everyday lol there are a lot of high expectations for this drama, hopefully it doesn't disappoint. I haven't read the novel (don't think there's an English version?) but I adored BF and DH in Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms and was sad by their ending so I'm very happy they get their own storyline :)

• Like 2

On 5/10/2019 at 8:51 PM, rapo65 said:

I watched a taiwanese drama with him called Bromance. He was very handsome there and he is a good actor, so I think you will like him. Can you imagine he is 41? He looks waay younger. In comparison to him, Chang Chen (the ML from Love and Destiny) looks older, but in fact they have the same age. Taiwan gave us a lot of good actors :blush:

He's 41 ? :open_mouth: wow I tought he's early 30ish

I look around at his weibo and he looks good, maybe the hair doesn't suit him here thats why sometimes he looks weird.

2 hours ago, J13 said:

Baron Chen looks so different here! He looks so good and hasn't aged a day! :wub:

I love how this thread continues to grow everyday lol there are a lot of high expectations for this drama, hopefully it doesn't disappoint. I haven't read the novel (don't think there's an English version?) but I adored BF and DH in Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms and was sad by their ending so I'm very happy they get their own storyline :)

There is a fan translation of the novel, here is the link

https://hamster428.wordpress.com/2017/02/03/3l3w-pillow-book-ebooks/

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Sisca_TVXQ said:

I look around at his weibo and he looks good, maybe the hair doesn't suit him here thats why sometimes he looks weird.

Agreed with the hair thing lol 

I feel like the hairstyle they chose for him isn't the most flattering :sweatingbullets:

13 hours ago, elsanna said:

Still no news about airing date...not even a trailer:tears: love and destiny already got a trailer

I know right!!! I'm guessing love and destiny will air first then? 
I hope they're putting in a lot of love into editing the Pillow Book :)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, midnight_muse said:

I know right!!! I'm guessing love and destiny will air first then? 
I hope they're putting in a lot of love into editing the Pillow Book :)

All the articles I found on the internet about Love and Destiny are saying the airing date for this drama is 7 november. If this is true, then is terrible, considering Pillow book it's supposed to air at that time. Imagine...to have 2 dramas of such a caliber airing at the same time :w00t::w00t::w00t:

I think though that Love and destiny will air sooner, maybe in 1-2 months. Croton is usually releasing trailers, teasers etc.very close to the airing date. At least this is what they did with Rise of the phoenixes and TMOPB. 

Imagine what a competition is now between the 2 dramas. Me personally I am looking forward to both of the dramas and I will not compare them.

• Like 2

I am worried that if they aired Love and destiny together with Pillow book it will become a though competition for Pillow book. The cast alone is really on another level right? I dont remember the guy's name but I know he is a movie star and this is his first drama, and the leading lady is Nini ! 

But since the trailer is out first I guess they will aired it first?

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2

3 hours ago, midnight_muse said:

Guys! Has anyone heard anything about the air date for Pillow Book?
According to this site, it says production time is 2020 :confounded: 

I wonder if this is true

https://v.qq.com/detail/v/vooy2m9hi5p1jqm.html

hmmm...on douban they didn't change the airing time to 2020, so I don't think it's true. Anyway, the information on these sites can be edited by anyone, so it's not too relevant. If we could check the timetable on tencent, to confirm the approximate airing date remains the same it would be great, but unfortunately i never could do that :bawling: i think for this you need to have an account on tencent.

The only reason i can think of now, in case this information it's true and they really changed the airing date to 2020, would be the airing of Love and destiny in the 4th quarter, so they want to avoid airing the dramas at the same time. Ooor, it could be that the producers knew from the beginning about Love and destiny, before we found out, and that's why they settled the airing date to the 4th quarter, when they could have chosen to air the drama in the summer, when usually the audiences are high. If this is the case, then Love and destiny will air in the summer and Pillow book in autumn/winter. Anyway, this is only suppositions. we can only wait and see.

What do you think?

• Insightful 2

20 minutes ago, Sisca_TVXQ said:

The cast alone is really on another level right? I dont remember the guy's name but I know he is a movie star and this is his first drama, and the leading lady is Nini ! 

Chang Chen is a God in chinese movie industry. He is known in Hollywood also and has a lot of quality projects under his belt. He worked with the best movie directors in China. He made himself known in Crouching tiger hidden dragon, which is an epic masterpiece. He is my favorite chinese actor and a very, very good one.

Buuut, let's be optimistic about our Pillow book. Maybe Vengo it's not so talented as an actor as Chang Chen, but at least he is more handsome :joy:

• LOL 6

On 5/14/2019 at 1:20 AM, Sisca_TVXQ said:

I am worried that if they aired Love and destiny together with Pillow book it will become a though competition for Pillow book. The cast alone is really on another level right? I dont remember the guy's name but I know he is a movie star and this is his first drama, and the leading lady is Nini ! 

But since the trailer is out first I guess they will aired it first?

yes! im worriwd about that too, maybe they are wating to see who release the date first and think wath can they do?

how-to-sketch-sesshomaru-inuyasha-sessho

57 minutes ago, orenji_neko said:

Wow, I haven't heard that name in like 10 years...:wub:

:heart:Sesshomaru-sama:heart:

Yeees, indeed. Now that i'm thinking about, Sesshomaru looks really similar to Dijun. Same white hair, same elegance, but different personality...and his relationship with Kagura was so sad. It wasn't even a relationship, but anyway. I remember Sesshomaru was one of my favorite anime characters ever :heart: Now when I am older, he was replaced with a chinese god with the same color of hair :joy:

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

50 minutes ago, rapo65 said:

Now i realize this is the official Tencent account for Pillow book, the one midnight_muse posted before. Soooo, I think it's a great chance for this to be true, that they moved the releasing date to 2020. It's the official account in the end and Pillow book is produced by Tencent :scream:

Oh my gosh. I was hoping I was wronggggg :scream: lol

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, rapo65 said:

Now i realize this is the official Tencent account for Pillow book, the one midnight_muse posted before. Soooo, I think it's a great chance for this to be true, that they moved the releasing date to 2020. It's the official account in the end and Pillow book is produced by Tencent :scream:

No wonder there's no trailer after alll these months they finished filming. I can only hope they WILL air it in 2020. I know that in c filming industry they can film a drama but air it years after it finished filming. Sometimes they even never get the chance to air it at all :sweatingbullets:

• Sad 1