Quantcast
Jump to content
angelangie

[Upcoming Mainland WebDrama 2018] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

Recommended Posts

30 minutes ago, midnight_muse said:

I was fine with her UNTIL she started getting all clingy to Donghua and took credit for Fengjiu's work. At that point I was just thought 'naawww this girl is bad news tsktsktsk'.

It wasn't until the very end where she poisons herself and misuses her father's promise to try to force DH to her side that I really hated her hahaha

 Jiheng's breakdown was really the most interesting thing about her whole character. 

I gotta say, forcing someone to be with you by harming yourself is another level of psychotic manipulation. I totally forgot abt Ji Heng taking credit for FJ’s work. But now that I’m reminded, I remember how pissed I was because of how messed up that crap she pulled was. Nahh, Sis! I’mma put you in check for that bull. 

30 minutes ago, midnight_muse said:

I think it's because Donghua is such a collected and calm character that the rare moments when he shows a completely different side makes my heart ache for him!

Noting this, I'm looking forward to seeing a "deathly pale" DH staring at a bawling FJ  XD

Angst! Angst! Give me all the angst. Make me bawl my eyes out! Imagine the conversations we’ll all have being miserable together! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, aprincessofmars said:

Guys I don't like to gossip or jump into a conversation outside of just Pillow Book talk,

but I will state one thing.

 

It's really more beneficial if Vengo and Reba are friends and not a couple. A potential break-up would make looking back on their dramas a little hard to watch.

Besides, as friends, the familiarity adds to the chemistry. They look more comfortable on screen.

 

That's just my two cents. 

 

 

I'm not a hardcore shipper, if they're are dating each other and got married that is a bonus :heart: 

But like @chubby^green^ said we are worried this will affect the pillow book and his acting career too, after all this is his first leading role...

 

47 minutes ago, midnight_muse said:

Don't know if I'm the only one but I must say, I do like that DH goes through such a difficult time for those 200 years.

It showed us just how much he loves Fengjiu, doing everything in his power to find her.

It's so heart wrenching and that's what I love! 

I think it's because Donghua is such a collected and calm character that the rare moments when he shows a completely different side makes my heart ache for him!

When he started to listed all the things she left for Fengjiu :bawling: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, chubby^green^ said:

 

(i adore donghua and fengjiu together, not so much of vengo and reba together though)

 

but still vengo ah... pls be more careful

with pillow book not having airing date as of yet

this kind of thing could just have an adverse effect on the drama that has not aired yet

aish...

makes me a lil hmmph...

 

sorry for the shippers though

have to say though watching the first vid

they dont seem close at all it almost like vengo was taking care of her

seems like she was a lil drunk maybe

i guess he did take her home, he is a gentleman after all hahaha

about staying overnight, that is still up on the air

^_^

 

be strong guys

hahaha

Agreed on the little "drunk" part after watched it again. It's looks like it to me..the way she walk..

Couldn't say I don't affected by this , to be frankly I quite miffed with the news..but then what's can we do?..it's their life..

I love and adore DongFeng together it's mutual..Vengo/Reba?? Off course but I am not carried away..what's I can say..celebrities...

 

 @Sisca_TVXQ  I love/wish VengoReba to be an item bc they looks so Good together. It's great if they're an item and it's also Ok if they're doesn't..

 

@aprincessofmars I thought exactly...bc I still wish a ton of Vengo/Reba's drama together bc their chemistry was the most entertainingly fiery.

@karinos @midnight_muse Ji Heng character was mean to a typical a woman with manipulative pretentious soft and sweets act innocent..and salute for Donghua bc he didn't fall for her manipulated evil schemes.....poor Xiao Yan to have a really bad taste..to love a woman like her.

Yes...It would be good if they could give us a little bit of...how Donghua's life during his separation from his beloved Fengjiu..an anguish,heartbreaking helplessly and desperation when at the same time he make a decision to sacrifice himself in order to save the world( who dare to say he was heartless???)..he wrecked the entire heaven world in order to find his beloved missing wife..and crafted half of his heart solely to protect his wife so that Fengjiu will be still exist when he "return"..

" There has never been anyone more important than you, Xiao  Bai"

 

Oh my heart...

 

 " Donghua was now much thinner, his complexion a little sickly and wan, he seemed a bit unwell"

 

How come Fengjiu didn't realise how miserable Donghua was..tsk..tsk..can blame her tho..JiHeng has planted a seed of doubt quite effectively between DongFeng with Saha Fruit incident..

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, jimmylyne said:

Yes...It would be good if they could give us a little bit of...how Donghua's life during his separation from his beloved Fengjiu..an anguish,heartbreaking helplessly and desperation when at the same time he make a decision to sacrifice himself in order to save the world( who dare to say he was heartless???)..he wrecked the entire heaven world in order to find his beloved missing wife..and crafted half of his heart solely to protect his wife so that Fengjiu will be still exist when he "return"..

" There has never been anyone more important than you, Xiao  Bai"

 

Oh my heart...

 

 " Donghua was now much thinner, his complexion a little sickly and wan, he seemed a bit unwell"

Can we all agree that the last part of their story will probably be the angstiest? 

 

My marker for the moment before it all goes to ruin would be what I like to call their honeymoon phase. Anyone know what I'm talking about? Or anyone have their own personal marker for before it all goes bad? For me it is right when DH has FJ dance for him at Blue Sea. DH is so mesmerized that they end up making love *end scene*.   It's probably the last good thing that happens before DH leaves to see Jiheng. 

 

You know in The Notebook when Noah spends years building Allie her dream house all in the hopes of it somehow miraculously bringing her back to him? To the point where it made him a little bit crazy? That's like DH times a thousand! He tricked out Blue Sea exactly how  she wanted their dream home to be. DH's crazy part a-la Noah is the whole death and cutting out a piece of his heart and making it into jewelry to give to his unofficial wifey/baby mama.

 

 

She looked up at him. "Dijun, let's stop here. We've each lived well these past 200 years on our own, haven't we?"

He looked at her, his voice a hoarseness: "I didn't live well at all." :bawling:

His countenance was calm but his eyes were cold: "I won't mutually separate from you, Xiao Bai. You'll always be my wife to the day I die." :confounded::bawling::heartbreak:

 

 

Gahhh! Guys. I'm suffering just imagining it. But the pain will be worth it knowing what the ending will be. 

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, karinos said:

Can we all agree that the last part of their story will probably be the angstiest? 

 

My marker for the moment before it all goes to ruin would be what I like to call their honeymoon phase. Anyone know what I'm talking about? Or anyone have their own personal marker for before it all goes bad? For me it is right when DH has FJ dance for him at Blue Sea. DH is so mesmerized that they end up making love *end scene*.   It's probably the last good thing that happens before DH leaves to see Jiheng. 

 

Yes!! And sames to the marker, it really all turns to hell after they return from their getaway. I felt my heart just ripping apart after DH didn't return for his wedding :bawling: I really commend Fengjiu though for waiting to hear an explanation from him and not jumping the gun. It really showed just how composed and mature she could be in such a situation (unlike a certain someone *cough*cough* Jiheng* cough*)

 

And oh my gosh, their reunion/confrontation! The level of angst in that scene was about to make my heart stop :confounded: 

I'm expecting it to be such an tense scene, can't wait to see it but at the same time am dreading it too haha

 

I just love seeing how Donghua may seem quite heartless at first, but in actuality he feels so much when it comes to Fengjiu. The desperation in trying to get Fengjiu back turns him into an emotional wreck (well a pretty composed emotional wreck for DH). Really looking forward to seeing this side of DH!

 

9 hours ago, jimmylyne said:

Yes...It would be good if they could give us a little bit of...how Donghua's life during his separation from his beloved Fengjiu..an anguish,heartbreaking helplessly and desperation when at the same time he make a decision to sacrifice himself in order to save the world( who dare to say he was heartless???)..he wrecked the entire heaven world in order to find his beloved missing wife..and crafted half of his heart solely to protect his wife so that Fengjiu will be still exist when he "return"..

" There has never been anyone more important than you, Xiao  Bai"

 

Agreed!! I'd love to see the drama show more  about their separation. 

No lie, I think I almost forgot about the ring carved from DH's heart (shame on me haha). But in my defense it didn't come up too much until after she used it to enter the star barrier. I hope there will be a little more emphasis on how the ring was partial in protecting/saving her life. 

"This ring is made from half of Dijun's heart. Even when he's not here anymore, it will not go away. It will stay to protect you always.”

 

It would also be really sweet if at the end, after she wakes up from her coma, DH and FJ will be able to hash things out and get some closure. I don't want to instill too much false hope but it would be a nice bonus.

 

Don't remember if anyone asked this but are there any other scenes anyone would want to see added to the drama?

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw you guys mentioning that they might possibly get together (in real life). If they do, I won't be surprised, since they acted in like 5 dramas together? They are bound to get close that way as they always get paired. Althought it would be weird if they did end up breaking up (if they did date) and I'd imagine it being somewhat like when Elena and Damon from the vampire diaries breaking up in real life. After the breakup, the scenes together just weren't the same anymore. Sorry if I went a bit off topic.

I also wanted to share this cute vid of DH and FJ scenes together from TMOPB, to clench our thirst while we wait for Pillowbook to air. ^_^

 

  • Like 3
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, midnight_muse said:

Don't remember if anyone asked this but are there any other scenes anyone would want to see added to the drama?

I would like to see more scenes about Xiao yan, and how he come to love Ji heng so much. I believe Ji heng is not evil from the start, she's just desperate and fall for the wrong person (twice LOL).

And I want so see a happy ending for Xiao yan, I just adored him so much :heart: 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello, I'm new here, and there's something i don't understand about the pillow book, thus hoping if you guys can enlighten me, here goes:

When DongHua entered Aranya's dream he left all his power outside right? Leaving him totally bare without protection and vunerable to the phytons attack. Then inside the dream it was shown he use some magic, healing rapidly but at the same time he also fighting the water serpent with swordskills only, which caused the battle to lasts 2 days. Then he also re-create the magical glass. Can someone please explain this inconsistency? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, euphoenix said:

Hello, I'm new here, and there's something i don't understand about the pillow book, thus hoping if you guys can enlighten me, here goes:

When DongHua entered Aranya's dream he left all his power outside right? Leaving him totally bare without protection and vunerable to the phytons attack. Then inside the dream it was shown he use some magic, healing rapidly but at the same time he also fighting the water serpent with swordskills only, which caused the battle to lasts 2 days. Then he also re-create the magical glass. Can someone please explain this inconsistency? 

Hello, welcome on board :blush:

I think he didn't remove all his power, Aranya's dream is sensitive to strong individual with hight cultivation so I think he just removed most of his fairy enery. Or maybe after he is inside he cultivated the energy again? The magic he did inside aranya's dream also not considered high level magic, maybe someone who's more experienced with Xian xia could explain to us ?

If I remember correctly, I read somewhere that Fairy enery and Cultivation is a different thing, so maybe thats why ?

Edited by Sisca_TVXQ
  • Insightful 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, another newbie here :)

 

6 hours ago, euphoenix said:

Hello, I'm new here, and there's something i don't understand about the pillow book, thus hoping if you guys can enlighten me, here goes:

When DongHua entered Aranya's dream he left all his power outside right? Leaving him totally bare without protection and vunerable to the phytons attack. Then inside the dream it was shown he use some magic, healing rapidly but at the same time he also fighting the water serpent with swordskills only, which caused the battle to lasts 2 days. Then he also re-create the magical glass. Can someone please explain this inconsistency? 

Fairy energy and magical prowess(灵力?) are two different things.
Non-fairy can also practice magic like the Daoist priest that bullied Susu at the market in TMOPB.

 

Anyway, I've been re-reading Pillow Book novel dissecting every word :rolleyes: and there are few scenes that I don't understand.

 

(1) Pillow Book 1 Chapter 2 - Wangtian Spring

"A slight ripple moved across the clear water surface, breaking the reflection of the moon. A figure in white emerged from behind the boulder in the middle of the spring. Fengjiu ceased her breathing as she saw that figure wading the water and increasingly nearing closer."

Q: Fengjiu was naked at that time, but was Donghua fully clothed in the hot spring?

 

(2) Pillow Book 1 Chapter 2 - Fengjiu got drunk at the Moonlight Garden

“Liar,” she studied the cup and switched topics, “you went to teach someone a lesson…” She looked out dazedly then held her head and continued, “What was his name again?” She sounded grievious now: “You told me to wait for you but you never came back,” then accusingly, “it was still me who went looking for you.”

Q: Is she referring to the fight between Dong Hua and Yan Chiwu where Dong Hua got tricked into Wicked Lotus Sphere? If yes, why did she says "You told me to wait for you but you never came back"? I thought Fengjiu was never close with Dong Hua until she turned into a baby fox.

 

Any thoughts?

  • Insightful 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@orenji_neko welcome ^__^, cute name btw

 

i'm not sure if i can answer ur question correctly

but i will try based on my own understanding of the pillow book,
still quite green with pillow book btw

 

1. for this one, i think it was simple, fengjiu is naked because she wanted to take a bath in the hot spring, donghua apparently not... most probably he was lounging at the boulder in the middle of the spring, reading his buddhist scripture, or just drinking some tea enjoying the moonlight... he is a loner that way... hahaha

 

2. for the second one, i think it refers to page 132 is book 1, after donghua and fox fengjiu get out from wicked lotus sphere trap set by xiao yan earlier, once they got out, donghua immediately went back home with fox fengjiu,

entrusting zonglin, he lets zhonglin to take care of fox fengjiu who was still injured that time,

when fox fengjiu whines and not wanting to leave his side, he promises her that he will come for her after he is done taking care of his matters (including another duel with xiao yan, i'm guessing punishment for stealing the wicked lotus sphere)

but after a few days of no news, fox fengjiu couldn't wait any longer and tricked zhonglin of removing the force field to try and go look for donghua

 

'In the end she couldn't wait anymore and tricked Zhonglin into removing the force field. On her way to look for Donghua, she met Siming at the South Heaven Gate.'

 

she didn't go very far it seems and she didnt mention that she finds him, just that she had to go look for him because he didnt come back for her as promised,

i think that is for number 2

and also, have to remember that fengjiu is talking in her drunken state, she might be mixing all her stories up for all we know...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks @chubby^green^

I must have missed those part when I first read the book last time. Gonna study it more thoroughly this time :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, will this be a sequel to the drama or a standalone adaption of the book if anyone knows?. Since in the book they didn't really knew each other right?. Compared to the drama where they had a past.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Lunkera said:

So, will this be a sequel to the drama or a standalone adaption of the book if anyone knows?. Since in the book they didn't really knew each other right?. Compared to the drama where they had a past.

 

I had been wondering the same thing - like, how do they expect to follow the novel with the way they made their relationship in TMOPB drama, right? It doesn't quite go together.

But someone said to me (can't remember who or where) that the pillow book drama will pretty much ignore TMOPB drama and just follow the pillow book novel so there won't be any problems ^^

If anyone has more/better info, do share ;)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Lunkera said:

too bad. i really enjoyed watching them in TMOPB

 

If you enjoyed watching them in TMOPB - no worries, they'll be even more fun to watch in The Pillow Book ;)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi there DongFeng family. :) International fan here (from Hungary)! *waves
I am joining the long list of people who only signed up just to be able to join the convo here. :D:P  I read all 70 pages and I feel a little down I didn't find the forum earlier, though granted I am kinda new to c-drama and I just found the book this year. :P 
I was bored and wanted to watch smth on Netflix and my suggestions feed kept showing Ashes of Love. That's the first c-drama I watched... no, practically binged! Haha. Then I kept watching youtube videos about it and almost all had comments about the 3L3W - 10TMOPB and how good it was, so I decided to check it out. The cover photo on Netflix showed Donghua and Fengjiu at the time and I honestly thought the drama was about them :D and I was so curious about this happy-go-lucky looking girl and that silver-haired handsome-face that I decided to watch it. And then oooohhh booooy, the obsession began. Haha :D I just fell in love with Donghua-Fengjiu. When I read about it more I found out that there is a whole book written JUST ABOUT THEIR LOVE STORY so of course I had to get my hands on the English translation. I read the books in like 2-3 days. :D And now I'm here! Hihhi.
Q1: how did you, guys stumble upon the Pillow Book? 
Q2: do Vengo and Reba realize/know they have also an international fan base? What do you think? :D

P.S.: I apologize in advance for any mistakes i might make, I've never joined a forum before.  

  • Like 5
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Hana-chan^.^ said:

Q1: how did you, guys stumble upon the Pillow Book? 
Q2: do Vengo and Reba realize/know they have also an international fan base? What do you think? :D

 

Hi!

Heh, I also joined the forum just so I'd be able to join the discussions XD

 

1. hmmmm I think I stumbled upon TMOFB novel about a year before it became a drama or right before it on Hamster428's blog as I was browsing novels and I think it was all the talk at the time cuz it was going to get a drama adaption ;)

At the time I couldn't find it anywhere fully translated because the translations had just been taken down due to the whole plagiarization scandal and thus I kinda gave up looking for it for a while, but then the drama started airing and it was awesome! I loved it! Not to mention Donghua & Fengjiu totally were my faves :D

So while the drama was airing...or was it soon after it finished airing? I found TMOPB novel's official translation on amazon and got it. And then I found out it has The Pillow Books which are all about Fengjiu & Donghua (which were available on Hamster's blog, I think, fan translation) and yup, devoured the books in 2-3 days! Needless to say, they're awesome, can't wait to see it all in the drama :wub:

 

2. I'm pretty sure they're well aware they have international fans :lol:

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Hana-chan^.^ said:

Hi there DongFeng family. :) International fan here (from Hungary)! *waves
I am joining the long list of people who only signed up just to be able to join the convo here. :D:P  I read all 70 pages and I feel a little down I didn't find the forum earlier, though granted I am kinda new to c-drama and I just found the book this year. :P 
I was bored and wanted to watch smth on Netflix and my suggestions feed kept showing Ashes of Love. That's the first c-drama I watched... no, practically binged! Haha. Then I kept watching youtube videos about it and almost all had comments about the 3L3W - 10TMOPB and how good it was, so I decided to check it out. The cover photo on Netflix showed Donghua and Fengjiu at the time and I honestly thought the drama was about them :D and I was so curious about this happy-go-lucky looking girl and that silver-haired handsome-face that I decided to watch it. And then oooohhh booooy, the obsession began. Haha :D I just fell in love with Donghua-Fengjiu. When I read about it more I found out that there is a whole book written JUST ABOUT THEIR LOVE STORY so of course I had to get my hands on the English translation. I read the books in like 2-3 days. :D And now I'm here! Hihhi.
Q1: how did you, guys stumble upon the Pillow Book? 
Q2: do Vengo and Reba realize/know they have also an international fan base? What do you think? :D

P.S.: I apologize in advance for any mistakes i might make, I've never joined a forum before.  

Wellcomeeeeeee!! Nice to have you here! <3 For me it's also my first time i joined a forum. I simply adore their story, so i had to make an account here <3 

To answer your questions:

1. I watched 2 years ago, in June 2017 TMOPB, and i absolutely LOVED their story. I was watching the drama mostly for them. Then, as i was reading the comment on mydramalist, I found out there is a book about them and of course i had to read it. until now i've read the book 3 times and still counting :)) i have read many western novels and cnovels, but few have impressed me so like this novel.

2. hmmm...idk what to say. maybe they think they have, but they think this group is composed mostly of chinese expats. To be honest, i think compared to people who watch kdramas, we, international fans that watch cdramas, are kind of few. At least in my country (Hi from Romania, fellow neighbor) i don't know not even 1 person that watches cdramas. this and the fact that this site is probably banned there in china, so yeah, i don't think they know about us.

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...