[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

2 hours ago, Sisca_TVXQ said:

I want to try Evernight but still waiting for season 2 to air so I dont have to wait too long, HSDS 2019 is airing today so I'm excited :P

Have you watched Goblin ? I just finished Goblin (My first K drama after DOTS LOL) and I adore the Grim reaper-Queen couple :wub:.

i tried evernight

i downloaded it until ep 20 sumthing

but i just got bored and was like, "yeah this one is a no for me"

i ended deleting all the eps that i have downloaded and didnt continue

hsds seems interesting but i was not that intrigued

i tried watching well intended love, but forced marriage getting too boring for me

tried an oriental odyssey, but the female lead just seems so awkward all the time

lost love in times with william chan seems interesting, i might try that after this

i remember watching a few eps when it was aired here, but i didnt keep up since i was quite busy back then

ah goblin, watched it because it was aired several times already here

i wont say i hate it since i didnt, but i was not invested in it as well

i like the king and the queen story in the flashback

but not so much on the reaper and the cafe owner (or is it chicken shop? i forgot) story

hahaha

one thing that i noticed about chinese drama is that most of it are either remakes or based from novel

so even before watching the drama

people already have tons of perception and views for that drama

so in order to watch something sometime you can rely on other peoples' opinions and thoughts

but most of the time

its all on you

whether you like it or not, it must be based and up to you

i remember watching old baron chen's drama with gillian chung extremely urgently

people saying how messy that drama was

makes me a lil skeptical to watch it

but since i like both leads i tried and i actually enjoyed it

hahaha

• Insightful 1

hello again all! been slow the past few days... have been stalking the forum and loving all your convos... especially about the drama coming a little bit early??? hope this is true!!!

and to quote @chubby^green^ have run out of dramas to watch too... been repeating TMOPB lately, especially our dongfeng scenes... *le sigh so beautifully interpreted, even if they didn't have the book material... 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I'm so glad I found this forum thread!! I watched Eternal Love on netflix at the start of the year. I binged it so hard and fell inlove with dong hua and feng jiu. I read the book after watching the show and I couldn't find any where to talk about it anyone! I couldn't hold my excitement after finding out they are doing a TWTL pillow book adaptation!! I created this acc to do it join in the conversation!! :D

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Latetotheparty said:

I'm so glad I found this forum thread!! I watched Eternal Love on netflix at the start of the year. I binged it so hard and fell inlove with dong hua and feng jiu. I read the book after watching the show and I couldn't find any where to talk about it anyone! I couldn't hold my excitement after finding out they are doing a TWTL pillow book adaptation!! I created this acc to do it join in the conversation!! :D

Welcome on board ~ freel free to spazz and join the discussion :heart:

@Shane Tricia Facultad

Lets pray together LOL

@chubby^green^

Usually people who said the story is a mess is a book purist. It also bothered me when they change some parts of the novel. But if it translated better on screen I dont really mind.

ay9JN4T.jpg

Edited by Sisca_TVXQ
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, Shane Tricia Facultad said:

and to quote @chubby^green^ have run out of dramas to watch too... been repeating TMOPB lately, especially our dongfeng scenes... *le sigh so beautifully interpreted, even if they didn't have the book material... 

hahaha i have been rewatching all of reba's dramas and movies that i have including ten miles

but instead of the whole drama i watch the cuts that i got from youtube 

just dongfeng cuts, :P

@Latetotheparty welcome aboard

talk with us about anything, we are more than happy to hear more from you

^__^

18 hours ago, Sisca_TVXQ said:

Usually people who said the story is a mess is a book purist. It also bothered me when they change some parts of the novel. But if it translated better on screen I dont really mind.

same here

i'm that person who enjoy reading and watching so i really dont mind if there is changes from the book and the tv version that doesnt alter the story too much

i wouldnt mind at all

then again i rarely read chinese novels, so it wont affect me much anyway

unless if it's become too much and they shift the focus of the story

if anything i have high expectation for pillow book and i know they will deliver

anyway rereading pillow book again though this time i am editing the book

i am not editing anything major just making it more printer friendly as i want to print it and make it into a book for my private collection

i dont really enjoy reading anything from my phone

and i always like having to touch the book i am reading

hence i'm going to print the book just for me

hahaha

anyway reading it again makes me realise that

although it was fengjiu's sincere and pure love that change the stone of destiny

but it was donghua total adoration and devotion that maintains the fated destiny between donghua and fengjiu alive after so many trials

if anything, fengjiu for most of the time was willing to give up already

but it was donghua determination that keep them together

although his own methods and actions are sometime questionable (then again this is donghua we are talking about hahaha)

but he did all for the sake of their love

and also have to say

while fengjiu starts the fate of them two, donghua preserve their flame of love

it is bai gungun that seals the deal

hahaha 

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

20 hours ago, Latetotheparty said:

Welcome on board!

It's was the same for me..created this acc just for DongFeng couple:D

• Like 1

^

oh my lord donghua... no wonder everyone is vying to get into his bedroom every night

hahaha

i can't say donghua and fengjiu is the reason why i create this acc since i have been here since like forever

:sweatingbullets:

but i can totally say that they are one of the reason why i become interested and started watching chinese drama all over again

because of their chemistry and cuteness together makes me a fan of dilraba and also vengo become one of my fav actor

and encouraging me to try watching other chinese dramas as well

granted most drama i watched have dilraba in it (like 80% of it :phew:)

:joy:

but i am very open on watching other dramas that i find interesting as well

hahaha

btw, i dunno if u guys are the same

but everytime i use explore at instagram i am always interested and wanted to watch the chinese dramas they posted there

i am guessing since i am liking tons of reba dramas and also vengo's related posts

my explore is full with chinese drama suggestions

i always will be like, ah this drama seems interesting

i wanna watch it

they are very good at making you intrigued and interested in checking them out

huhuhu

@chubby^green^

Yes I believe they use your search history to make a suggestion for you, just like youtube.

Btw, is Flame's daughter good ? I want to watch it but I'm not a fan of vic so :sweatingbullets:

@pawla 

I think when the bathtub scene is aired all us gonna die from massive nosebleed :D

Sorry but I still think this Zhe yan is weird looking :sweatingbullets: Hope his screen time is not a lot...

J3A41hj.jpg

EPs6Kvm.jpg

KaqKP5X.jpg

3 hours ago, Sisca_TVXQ said:

@chubby^green^

Yes I believe they use your search history to make a suggestion for you, just like youtube.

Btw, is Flame's daughter good ? I want to watch it but I'm not a fan of vic so :sweatingbullets:

@pawla 

I think when the bathtub scene is aired all us gonna die from massive nosebleed :D

Sorry but I still think this Zhe yan is weird looking :sweatingbullets: Hope his screen time is not a lot...

They should include the bathtub scene, otherwise it would be a waste for Vengo to have a such chiseled body and not show it for us, right? I know Vengo likes to work out but boy he has a great body. Not like most C-actors. 

@Sisca_TVXQ I agree. This zhe yan has creepy eyes and smile. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

54 minutes ago, pawla said:

They should include the bathtub scene, otherwise it would be a waste for Vengo to have a such chiseled body and not show it for us, right? I know Vengo likes to work out but boy he has a great body. Not like most C-actors. 

Vengo's back muscle tho... impressively good.

So looking forward for the bathtub scene because I really want to watch how shyly cute Fengjiu reaction would be. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

13 hours ago, Sisca_TVXQ said:

yeah i know how they use our clicks to suits recommendation and adds better for personally

i am more intrigues about how the chinese dramas in the feeds always seems so interesting and intriguing that it sorta compels me wanting to watch it

hahaha

like how those insta posts that were promoting 'i hear you' drama and i was like

wah this drama seems quite good and interesting

although i then barely manage to get through the first ep without getting bored hahaha

hmm i kinda like the flame's daughter because ru ge aka dilraba's character in the drama is not your typical a damsel in distress type of lead female

though she does need some rescuing in the dramas and can be quite stubborn too that it causes death to some 

but she least was active in her role and didn't spend more than half of her screen times being a weeping lady

she was brave and basically evolve and improve as the drama progresses

though i adore her pairing with vic aka yin xue, most were rooting of her with zhang bin's character zhan feng 

and were feeling sorry for wayne liu's character yu zihan

and for once she choose to be with someone who was chasing her instead of someone she chase (looking at all of her modern dramas <_<) hahaha

the plot story is not that interesting but the drama itself was beautiful and quite intriguing

also the osts for the drama are seriously good

and also look out for dao liexiang and lei jinghong's story, they are so cute together

you can also check out lian song and the new chengyu's romance in this drama, zhongli wulei and die yi

their story is small and quite short but kinda sweet

more like lian song aka james li dongheng aka zhonglu wulei is so cool and handsome in the drama hahaha

i have some pet peeve also about the drama, like i said the drama is not perfect, quite far from it actually

but i cannot say without it being spoilers, so yeah

hahaha

13 hours ago, Sisca_TVXQ said:

granted i also prefer ken chang, or more like i am already used to have ken chang mannerism as zhe yan in my head

baron chen is not a bad actor and he is quite a charismatic as well

so i am interested how he decipher the character of zhe yan in his own way and method

he is looking more mischievous and cunning than the calm and collected ken chang's zhe yan that we all know

but that's okay because he might be bringing a new zhe yan to us

or maybe because i simply like baron chen and quite fond of him that i dont mind him playing zhe yan

hahaha

some would say his stare and smile is creepy 

i see it as piercing and intense

• Insightful 1

@chubby^green^

His name is baron chen? I think the problem here is the hair, it doesnt suit him. I see other pic at his weibo and he is handsome, dont know why they use that wig with him :sweatingbullets:

My friend also said that the story is good (she only watch chinese drama so I regard her as my 'guru' LOL) so I'm gonna try to watch it, thank you for the info :kiss_wink:

@roxnilla7

Yes its been shared before but feel free to share anything related to Pillow book here, thanks for sharing :heart:

Edited by Sisca_TVXQ
  • Like 2

On 3/2/2019 at 2:11 PM, Sisca_TVXQ said:

His name is baron chen? I think the problem here is the hair, it doesnt suit him. I see other pic at his weibo and he is handsome, dont know why they use that wig with him :sweatingbullets:

My friend also said that the story is good (she only watch chinese drama so I regard her as my 'guru' LOL) so I'm gonna try to watch it, thank you for the info :kiss_wink:

ah yes his name is baron chen, his full chinese name is chen chu he :P

i didnt notice his hair until you mention in

had to go back and see it again and i was like ah...

very phoenix like if the phoenix was created by me with baron in mind

i think the hair resembles the fur/feather on the bird's head 

maybe it will get better with it in motion hahaha

wah happy watching the flame's daughter

hope you enjoy watching it  as much as i do

^__^

On 3/2/2019 at 3:22 PM, Sisca_TVXQ said:

What scene is this ? There is Zheyan, siming and chengyu

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4345387840476045

Based on the comments, the trio go to take Fengjiu's fur back from Nie chu yin :sweatingbullets:

if that is the case then it make senses to me

in the book we were left with no story of what happen next after fox fengjiu left taichen palace broken hearted

and it would be sensible that it would be siming and zhe yan to go and get her fur back and turn her back into her nine tailed fox figures and also have her own voice back

and they need to do it fast before her father finds out what she has done

hahaha

(dunno why chengyu tag along though, it would make more sense if bai zhen was there along with zhe yan and siming instead)

if siming would be the one who brought fengjiu back to qingqiu and zhe yan would be the one receiving/attending to her wound at least

anyway this added story is good for me

hahaha

On 3/2/2019 at 10:56 AM, roxnilla7 said:

I dont know if anyone posted this already. FJ looks so beautiful. I can't wait, I am SO excited!!

one of the reason why i am so excited about pillow book

we can see feng jiu stands on her own, fight her own battle instead of waiting for someone (aka that one person) to come and save her all the time

showcasing her martial skills and ability as the youngest queen of qingqiu

not just relying on her name and who she is like fengjiu we known in ten miles

^__^

On 3/2/2019 at 10:10 PM, chubby^green^ said:

i think the hair resembles the fur/feather on the bird's hea

LOL when you put it like that :joy:

Well at least its better than Luo jin's/movie's version :sweatingbullets:

I think they're trying to promote the new actress thats why more screen time for her, just like in TMOPB more screen time for Su jin <_<

Edited by Sisca_TVXQ

8 hours ago, Sisca_TVXQ said:

I think they're trying to promote the new actress thats why more screen time for her, just like in TMOPB more screen time for Su jin <_<

ah yes i forgot, one way or another this drama is co-produced between tencent and jaywalk

of course they need to promote their next artist

though i dont really like her (not hate or dislike or anything, just that i find her lacking something in her acting)

even in flame's daughter i didnt pay much attention to her character

just that she was paired with james li in that drama that she become a face i recognize at the end

if anything i prefer dai si or lie xiang in flame's daughter and yan zhi in ten miles

i like her and am waiting for her drama where she is the lead (one of the lead i think) to be aired

^__^

and yes i remember sujin, gawd she was good in making everyone hates her

hahaha

and also xian nu? or sumthing, she has quite lots of screen time too though not as much as sujin and that annoying maid of hers

hahaha

at first i didnt recognize her but then i realise that she was the second lead in sweet dreams drama of denglun and dilraba

at least her character is that drama is not hateful

maybe in the beginning only

hahaha