Quantcast
angelangie

[Upcoming Mainland WebDrama 2018] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

I read that Dilireba fans are not happy that she is doing this drama, which was surprising to me. They sent a letter to the company with reasons why they think this is a bad choice for her. I dont think they like her company too much. But without her company I dont think she would be as popular since her company really pushed for her.

I do agree that she has worked too many times with Vengo, which is something this company likes to do and it gets tiring, but this is the only time where I think she is set to gain a lot more. I honestly dont see a downside to this role even if it is a webdrama. 

005zgA6Wly1fnzsxprwr1j30j62cbkda.jpg

005zgA6Wly1fnzsxq3e35j30j62ojnlp.jpg

005zgA6Wly1fnzsxq36wbj30j62faqrv.jpg

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, mrsyooknit said:

I read that Dilireba fans are not happy that she is doing this drama, which was surprising to me. They sent a letter to the company with reasons why they think this is a bad choice for her. I dont think they like her company too much. But without her company I dont think she would be as popular since her company really pushed for her.

I do agree that she has worked too many times with Vengo, which is something this company likes to do and it gets tiring, but this is the only time where I think she is set to gain a lot more. I honestly dont see a downside to this role even if it is a webdrama. 

some times fans set to think they know the best for the artist.... :/ im not sure about them but i pretty much like the ideas of the sequel for a better wrap up on FengJiu and i cant see another as FengJiu

• Like 5

1 hour ago, mrsyooknit said:

#EyesRolled

I thought I have seen it all regarding C fandoms' antics  *cough* ZLY's LGX's *cough*

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, cenching said:

#EyesRolled

I thought I have seen it all regarding C fandoms' antics  *cough* ZLY's LGX's *cough*

I have seen worse :lol:

17 minutes ago, angelangie said:

some times fans set to think they know the best for the artist.... :/ im not sure about them but i pretty much like the ideas of the sequel for a better wrap up on FengJiu and i cant see another as FengJiu

yeah, I don't think fans would have been happier with anyone else and for both of them this is their best known role and the chances of success are higher than with other dramas imo.

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

2 hours ago, mrsyooknit said:

Reveal hidden contents

005zgA6Wly1fnzsxprwr1j30j62cbkda.jpg

005zgA6Wly1fnzsxq3e35j30j62ojnlp.jpg

005zgA6Wly1fnzsxq36wbj30j62faqrv.jpg

first season was huge they stupid. 

• Like 4

So excited hope it starts filming soon I want to watch it so badly the movie version of 3L3W wasnt as good as the tv show mostly because they had to squeeze the book into 2 hours i also thought the cgi was bad i dont see the point of having a movie version when the tv version just came out 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, mrsyooknit said:

Ya like they know best, being a fan doesn't make you an agent. I agree that she did many rules with Vengo, but this time their characters were a hit, and no one wants to see other actors portray them, like its custom made to fit them. besides, Dili pretty much did all the chasing before and was complaining, so maybe this time she can have her wish (maybe she did with P&P but didn't watch it?), and vengo can be the lead instead of a second or a third lead, and hope they will find other things to complain about besides this *rolleyes*

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

Some fans truly need to get a life. Probably THEY watched all her Dramas and saw Vengo a lot but I think most others watch it because they liked the story. I never heard about her before 10 Miles of Peach Blossoms. Only after then she just poped up everywhere because she got into my focus. China has so many Dramas, I can't watch them all and I bet Chinese aren't different. They have a life to run.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

I might not have read all her fans' comments....but one is she said before she wants to do challenging and different roles....while this Feng Jiu role is the same. But some do look forward to it b'cos she might act the role differently....i think it depends on how they retain or change the storyline of the Pillow Book...if it's a full reboot from the 1st drama....or is there continuation?

The other concern from some of her fans is of course the dispute of the originality of the Three Lifetimes series by that author....the dispute is she copied from other authors' work. And in China, there are many viewers who would just criticise the actors, their company etc for taking up such adapted dramas (from disputed novels). Here...her fans are not criticising anyone but just want to protect her from such criticism.

And the one mentioned in previous post (by mrsyooknit)....that she is paired up with Vengo in too many dramas. This I think it shouldn't be the case where they don't like Vengo....but this scenerio reflects how she is almost always cast under her company-produced/involved dramas...it's mentioned that she is signed under them for 15yrs (this i don't know, it's really that long??).

Thus they feel she will miss chances to act in other dramas (or movies) which might help more in her acting career...or unable to pair up with different actors for versatility (think her other co-star from same company is Zhang Binbin). But for record, she also acted with other actors eg Peter Sheng, Deng Lun, Vic Chou etc.

I know it's not distributed or produced by croton....and the director is different also. There's another related concern which i can't confirm....think the budget/resources used is lower than the 1st drama....so her fans are worried that the new drama would be not as good.

Well, to me....same as some of u feel, Reba is Feng Jiu. I don't see much harm in taking up the role again. It's a well-received role. Perhaps as suggested, she can add something new and better to it in the new drama.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

@Wotad no i wouldnt call them stupid.....it is not the right term on that....maybe they are over-concern and in some cases thought what they knew best.....which might ended up being reflected badly on the artist themselves since like us who are on the fence....see no harm for her to take up the same role again.....

sequel had it pro & con to be honest.....sometimes the artist themselves will exaggerate the role even further making those who sit thru the sequel had a wince or cringe or might even drop it all together but usually ppl will just sit through it and comment thru it......

so it actually depend on how one look at it....why not let us just enjoy whatever come lols :) it will be better for us right lols :) 

• Like 1

@Cedric Ong

I do agree that Jaywalk likes using all their artists over and over again on their dramas. Very few of them have roles outside their in house productions. Even for Dilireba, most of her roles are Jaywalk productions. So while I dislike the repetition of the same cast members they do it to make them popular. They put them all in YangMi's dramas, then the ones that they are heavily promoting, e.g.DLR, get their own drama and they stick the other ones there. So far it has worked for them, just look at how many of them got popular after TMOPB. Another company that has done this with success is Tangren Media.

I personally wish they could tone it back a little, even Tangren spreads their artists out a bit more. But I don't think her fans made the right decision with this, even to me it is obvious that Jaywalk is putting 150% of their effort to make DLR popular. They push super had for her, which is why she had such a good 2017. 

@ReemKanabta

totally unrelated to this topic but I just love JCW,  Poirot (which not many people love) and we share favorite Star Trek series <3  

• Like 3

On 2/2/2018 at 5:42 PM, mrsyooknit said:

@ReemKanabta

totally unrelated to this topic but I just love JCW,  Poirot (which not many people love) and we share favorite Star Trek series <3  

Lol so happy to find someone that shares same taste in TV

Image result for I luv this gif

And I totally agree about what you said regarding JW studios promoting Reba

• Like 2

AHHHHh!! I just saw this and had to check with Soompi to make sure it is NOTTTT a dream!!

WHERE MY 3L3W Vengo and Dilraba shippers at!!!?!?!  Sooo excited!! Whooo HOOOO!! 

I don't care what people say..I"m following this drama from episode 1! 

• Like 3

On 2/7/2018 at 12:25 PM, linh5000 said:

AHHHHh!! I just saw this and had to check with Soompi to make sure it is NOTTTT a dream!!

WHERE MY 3L3W Vengo and Dilraba shippers at!!!?!?!  Sooo excited!! Whooo HOOOO!! 

I don't care what people say..I"m following this drama from episode 1! 

dont worry most of us here will sit on and watch from episode 1 !! :D 

• Like 1

On 2/10/2018 at 9:32 PM, kimlary1234 said:

Nice!

is there any update about this drama? it's been a while yet no announcement has been made regarding supporting casts.

I've found fanfics:

https://m.weibo.cn/u/5626908798?uid=5626908798&luicode=10000011&lfid=1008087250ab4d44cb0930ccd66d07b0ec1db8

no further update as yet, cause Dilraba just wrap up her filming for 'Sweet Dreams' with DengLun

On 1/31/2018 at 11:50 PM, cenching said:

#EyesRolled

hey. I just signed up today. :))))))  I have seen this forum last yr but i did not sign because i only thought this obsession (Ten Miles drama & Pillow Book) will only led me to a broken heart. But i was so happy reading about the Pillow Book casting and i thank the drama gods a hundred times so i searched for this forum again. I know i'm late sorry. :((( Looking at the  comments, you mention ZLY and LGX fans? I just wanna know whats that about (i still can't move from Princess agents, btw) Thanks in advance. :))))

3 minutes ago, Kimberly Amor said:

hey. I just signed up today. :))))))  I have seen this forum last yr but i did not sign because i only thought this obsession (Ten Miles drama & Pillow Book) will only led me to a broken heart. But i was so happy reading about the Pillow Book casting and i thank the drama gods a hundred times so i searched for this forum again. I know i'm late sorry. :((( Looking at the  comments, you mention ZLY and LGX fans? I just wanna know whats that about (i still can't move from Princess agents, btw) Thanks in advance. :))))

:lol::lol:

You can visit LGX-ZLY's shipping thread to have the whole picture.....

Just now, Kimberly Amor said:

Gotcha ^^ Thanks :D

Link....plenty to read, take your time...hehe

• Thanks 1