[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

10 hours ago, jimmylyne said:

Feels Suffer and depress ..but patiencely waiting for this drama..cause I love 3L3W( Novel) so much..my love for DongFeng seem to increase especially when I know that Dilraba/Vengo reprises their roles..to be exact I loves DongFeng couple more than YH/BQ..having watched BTS between Dilraba/Vengo in TMOPB ..their chemistry was off chart..comfortably natural and sweets and thanks God..my suffering was more bearable lol..cause I found this Forum and really enjoyed alls the opinions/discussions and updated regarding this beloved drama.

Tell me about it, I feel the same way. I definitely love DongFeng more than YH/BQ (both in the book and in the drama). Which was surprising for the drama because I didn't know either of them (and I still remember thinking how DH didn't look good when seeing the poster lmao). And the BTS definitely cemented my love for them :wub:.

@Cedric Ong I think there might be a chance that his two long strips of hair may still be there. I saw people discussing this on tieba and someone repost the old leak pic which you could see it. Although it is under the ear as compare to how it was in TMOPB. Maybe depending on the scenes? And I totally remember the scene where she played with his hairs (and called his mortal form ugly lmao). I will miss that.

PEvPtgr.png

1 hour ago, Wotad said:

So to people who read both books is this one better my main worry is the acting was a little disappointing with both of them in The Flame's daughter and legend of fuyao. 

Yeah, I definitely like the Pillow Book better so I feel like as long as they stick closely to the book and don't do anything strange, it should be fine. I haven't watch any of Reba's dramas so I can't comment on her acting (my interest for drama die down for the past few years and none of her recent dramas are my type). As for Vengo, I'm putting Fuyao on hold cause I'm scare of cliffhanger so decided to wait until it finish before resuming. I did saw some clips here and there though and I do think that he overact in some scenes. I feel like if he tone it down, it should be alright.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, TVN said:

Tell me about it, I feel the same way. I definitely love DongFeng more than YH/BQ (both in the book and in the drama). Which was surprising for the drama because I didn't know either of them (and I still remember thinking how DH didn't look good when seeing the poster lmao). And the BTS definitely cemented my love for them :wub:.

@TVNIt's was the same for me .I also didn't know either of them until TMOPB drama..to be frankly i am more into KDrama before..but after watched TMOPB I have open my eyes to looks into Chinese drama..and watched guite  a fews... Dilraba/Vengo is my first love on-screen couple ..and I wish they can be off-screen couple( bless my shipper heart! lol) despite their age gap 9 yrs I think they are very compatible both are equally charming and beautiful.

Edited by jimmylyne
  • Like 1

@jimmylyne I was into Chinese drama like 5-6 years ago, then switch to KDrama. But nowadays, I actually don't watch drama that much (mostly just watching Korean variety shows now). Dilraba/Vengo isn't my first love on-screen couple BUT they are the one that I'm most obsess about. I can't fully recall my first one but I think it was Feng Shao Feng and Yang Mi hahaha.

Rumor casting of Ali... If it is, I wonder why they cast a girl in this role... a bit strange... (And I'm sad that it isn't the same child actor as the one in TMOPB)

wMy9lUU.png

GjopivP.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 7/29/2018 at 1:05 AM, TVN said:

@jimmylyne I was into Chinese drama like 5-6 years ago, then switch to KDrama. But nowadays, I actually don't watch drama that much (mostly just watching Korean variety shows now). Dilraba/Vengo isn't my first love on-screen couple BUT they are the one that I'm most obsess about. I can't fully recall my first one but I think it was Feng Shao Feng and Yang Mi hahaha.

Rumor casting of Ali... If it is, I wonder why they cast a girl in this role... a bit strange... (And I'm sad that it isn't the same child actor as the one in TMOPB)

Oh why indeed...that little guy in TMOPB was such a cutie and witty..how about little Bai Gun Gun..any news yet?..by the way thks for the Updated.

Edited by angelangie
Mod Edit: Do not quote pictures

9 hours ago, Wotad said:

So to people who read both books is this one better my main worry is the acting was a little disappointing from both of them in The Flame's daughter and legend of fuyao. 

I have to say Gao Wei Guang isn't first leading man material (but I'm hoping this drama will prove me wrong), this drama would be his first leading role. I think Reba and Wei Guang's acting skills are quite good in Ten Miles, but their personalities in the book are very different. I understand why Ten Miles didn't want to include much of the Pillow Book materials in the drama due to copyright issues, but then again I saw the quote on Wei Guang's poster in Ten Miles and that's definitely from the Pillow Book novel, not sure how they got away with it. I think Reba and Wei Guang will do a good job in this drama, they have to live up to the hype anyway or the fans will be super disappointed.

@bushiwo you're right. Vengo needs to improve his acting skill. From what I see he's unable to act with scenes of deep emotions. He's OK with comedy like in Mr Pride and Miss Prejudice. In legend of fuyao sometimes his acting is just off. 

About the actor who played Ali in TMOPB, he's probably considered "too old"  to play Ali. The filming of TMOPB was about 2-3 years ago. Children his age grow up very fast. That's why they have to cast different child actor. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pawla said:

@bushiwo you're right. Vengo needs to improve his acting skill. From what I see he's unable to act with scenes of deep emotions. He's OK with comedy like in Mr Pride and Miss Prejudice. In legend of fuyao sometimes his acting is just off. 

About the actor who played Ali in TMOPB, he's probably considered "too old"  to play Ali. The filming of TMOPB was about 2-3 years ago. Children his age grow up very fast. That's why they have to cast different child actor. 

I agree with your points. I have only watched Vengo in TMOPB and now Fuyao and his acting was stronger in TMOPB. We’ll have to see how it goes. As for Dili, I am looking forward to her taking on more mature roles and I hope that it is the case here. 

• Like 1

@bushiwoI think  every actor's have their own weakness..your opinions is guite right..but it's also make me think most of the actors Sometime not "only" depends on themselves to be an excellent talented actors..by saying that..I think every actors abilities is also depends on how good the Directors is( if the director not satisfied with the scene he/she just have to say "Cut!!"and do it again and again until..the results is fulfilled) and combined with all the casts involved..sporting, understanding..most important thing is "Team works" and chemistry between the casts in every scene..

I also wish to see this drama as excellent as TMOPB or..more fulfilling..so good luck to Dilraba/Vengo wish 3L3W drama and the casts all the best..

• Like 1

Is the personality of the two in the book so different?

I particularly enjoyed the unrequited romance made for the first drama, and the sweet and fluffy way of feng jiu.

also  i don't think Diralba acts well in more serious roles, she was very apathetic in her last two historical dramas.

I'm a bit afraid the feng jiu personality will be very different in this drama because she is perfect in silly and cute roles, but not so much in serious roles or badass

So many are worried over Vengo and Dilraba acting skill. I will just wait until it start airing before worrying over that hahaha. I do hope that all the casts will be at their best though. And I agree with @jimmylyne that the directors and the casts chemistry are very important too. A good director can lead the casts in their scenes. Some other important aspect are the editing, dubbing and soundtrack. I just hope that it will all be well, there are just so much hype and expectation for this drama...

@Carol Subtil I feel that the Feng Jiu in the book are more mature, badass and funny. While she chased after DH initially and stayed by him as a little fox, by the start of the book she already let that love "go" and try to avoid him if she can. Most of the book is actually DH chasing after her once he realized his love for her...

• Like 3

First of all,  I am so happy that I found this forum. Makes me so relieved that I'm not the only one obsessing GH&FJ. Second, thank you all for the posters and news about this drama. I love the new look of DH and FJ! He looks younger than in TMOPB. I am so excited for this drama! 

I am too worried about the acting, but @TVN is right. We should just wait until the drama is airing and watch it without bias. And I also agree with @jimmylyne, it is very important. I am just anxious because of the hype, expectation, and anticipation for this drama. Talking about pressure...

• Like 3

@akkarin welcome to the forum. You are definitely not the only one obsessing over DH and FJ.

Honestly, if anything, I'm more bias toward Vengo and Dilreba (I feel like I will watch the drama to the end no matter what hahahaha).

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Carol Subtil said:

Is the personality of the two in the book so different?

I particularly enjoyed the unrequited romance made for the first drama, and the sweet and fluffy way of feng jiu.

also  i don't think Diralba acts well in more serious roles, she was very apathetic in her last two historical dramas.

I'm a bit afraid the feng jiu personality will be very different in this drama because she is perfect in silly and cute roles, but not so much in serious roles or badass

Very different, that's why Pillow Book is kind of its own drama, and not exactly a sequel to Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms' drama. Although Pillow Book technically is a sequel, but since 2 dramas were bought by 2 different companies, Pillow Book drama won't be following the events of Ten Miles at all. The Pillow Book drama will follow the novel closely as they had announced, so FJ and DH's personalities would be different from Ten Miles drama. FJ is actually quite mature and thoughtful for her age since she had experienced a lot of heartache in the past. DH is quite devious and got a sharp tongue, but once he realized his feelings for FJ he chased after her non stop, so totally different from Ten Miles!

• Like 3

19 hours ago, pawla said:

Yes Zhang Yi Han who played Ali is actually quite tall now, so he definitely cannot play Ali again. Honestly I'm not sure why they picked a girl to play Ali, we'll have to see... I saw the comments on weibo and everybody's confused haha

I don't even want to watch Fuyao because it's so different from the book! Anyway, I really hope Vengo delivers in this drama or else this drama won't even sell since the expectations right now are so high due to the huge success of Ten Miles

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

4 hours ago, akkarin said:

First of all,  I am so happy that I found this forum. Makes me so relieved that I'm not the only one obsessing GH&FJ. Second, thank you all for the posters and news about this drama. I love the new look of DH and FJ! He looks younger than in TMOPB. I am so excited for this drama! 

I am too worried about the acting, but @TVN is right. We should just wait until the drama is airing and watch it without bias. And I also agree with @jimmylyne, it is very important. I am just anxious because of the hype, expectation, and anticipation for this drama. Talking about pressure...

@akkarinWelcome on board!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, angelangie said:

am i the lacking one as i only watch Vengo in 3L3W :x

Same here..I only watched Vengo in TMOPB..but I did watched video clip of them in Mr pride and prejudice and V love..and really love it..especially kissing scene(V love) between Vengo/Dilraba inside the car..very passionate kiss..and some more...it's was first on-screen "kissing scene" for both of them.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, bushiwo said:

Very different, that's why Pillow Book is kind of its own drama, and not exactly a sequel to Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms' drama. Although Pillow Book technically is a sequel, but since 2 dramas were bought by 2 different companies, Pillow Book drama won't be following the events of Ten Miles at all. The Pillow Book drama will follow the novel closely as they had announced, so FJ and DH's personalities would be different from Ten Miles drama. FJ is actually quite mature and thoughtful for her age since she had experienced a lot of heartache in the past. DH is quite devious and got a sharp tongue, but once he realized his feelings for FJ he chased after her non stop, so totally different from Ten Miles!

I like the book DH better. The drama DH is way too serious. It's funny how long he's lived but he never found a woman he could love. I guess DH and FJ are destined to be together :D I like how shameless he is in chasing her. He even kicked Xiao Yan out of his residence in fanyin Valley. 

2 hours ago, jimmylyne said:

Same here..I only watched Vengo in TMOPB..but I did watched video clip of them in Mr pride and prejudice and V love..and really love it..especially kissing scene(V love) between Vengo/Dilraba inside the car..very passionate kiss..and some more...it's was first on-screen "kissing scene" for both of them.

Vengo only had a few minutes of screen time in Mr Pride and Miss Prejudice. I have to admit Vengo and Dilireba has great chemistry together.  So I'm hoping this drama will be successful. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1