Quantcast
angelangie

[Upcoming Mainland WebDrama 2018] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

4 hours ago, Cedric Ong said:

According to a chinese article and list of human realm chars leaked...the human realm storyline is different from the previous drama's version. Some names from the novel eg Ye Qing Ti remain....so i suspect they combine the version in the novel with some new stuff. The article said the reborn version of Donghua would be a young Crown Prince instead of the Emperor (see the 5th char listed)....my guess is this change might be the scriptwriters know fans don't like Donghua (if really reborn) to have concubines...and haha...also have beard too.

https://kuaibao.qq.com/s/20180710A1C4B600?refer=spider

But still, as long as the official cast and info are not announced yet....a small chance that all these might be different in the end.

OOOH!!! Thanks for explaining the possible *new* mortal realm arc for the new drama. I’m ok with that, and it would mean something unknown to look forward to for people super familiar with the story already (me!). But as someone said earlier, this alteration could mean DHFJ have 4 lives instead of “3 Lives”: FJ as DH’s pet, DHFJ as bird spirits (Chen Ye & Aranya), DHFJ after YHBQ’s wedding, and a possible new spin on the mortal realm arc that actually includes DH. Regardless, i’m soooo excited! Yes, i think besides not wanting DH to have concubines, it simply is inconsistent with his character, and Tang Qi meant that to be an intentional consistency to set up the twist, but the drama actually made DH into a sleezy beardy emperor & even have FJ desperate enough to be with him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wotad said:

So they are just going to ignore 10 miles and change some stuff? 

They said this drama is going to follow Tang Qi’s books - Vengo’s interview has explained it is NOT a sequel to the drama. It is an original adaptation of The Pillow Book. So if you’re referring to the 10 Miles DRAMA - just pretend that DHFJ story didn’t exist, because that was written by the scriptwriters and completely different to the original books. In the books, DH and FJ meet properly for the first time AT the royal wedding of YHBQ, which occurs 223 years after Mo Yuan wakes up.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, redfoxprincess said:

They said this drama is going to follow Tang Qi’s books - Vengo’s interview has explained it is NOT a sequel to the drama. It is an original adaptation of The Pillow Book. So if you’re referring to the 10 Miles DRAMA - just pretend that DHFJ story didn’t exist, because that was written by the scriptwriters and completely different to the original books. In the books, DH and FJ meet properly for the first time AFTER the royal wedding of YHBQ, which occurs 223 years after Mo Yuan wakes up.

I am ok with this as I do think a direct sequel wouldn’t work since the drama changed so much etc. However, I am praying for YM and MC to do some cameos. 

6 minutes ago, stella77 said:

I am ok with this as I do think a direct sequel wouldn’t work since the drama changed so much etc. However, I am praying for YM and MC to do some cameos. 

It would only work if they continue making it all up. If that were the case, they wouldn’t have needed to spend money buying the production rights to The Pillow Book off Liu Yu Xin. But they have the rights now, so they will make a faithful adaptation more or less. :)

41 minutes ago, redfoxprincess said:

They said this drama is going to follow Tang Qi’s books - Vengo’s interview has explained it is NOT a sequel to the drama. It is an original adaptation of The Pillow Book. So if you’re referring to the 10 Miles DRAMA - just pretend that DHFJ story didn’t exist, because that was written by the scriptwriters and completely different to the original books. In the books, DH and FJ meet properly for the first time AT the royal wedding of YHBQ, which occurs 223 years after Mo Yuan wakes up.

I see i think that would be a good place to start the drama then ;p 

@Cedric Ong thanks for the clarification..I knew I wasn't delusional. 

Taicheng is super extravagant!!

@Wotad hrmmm..I see what you're saying, but....I think he did went into the mortal realm..not his full self but apart of him. I need to reread the book..but it's super longg...hahah. 

56 minutes ago, linh5000 said:

@Cedric Ong thanks for the clarification..I knew I wasn't delusional. 

Taicheng is super extravagant!!

@Wotad hrmmm..I see what you're saying, but....I think he did went into the mortal realm..not his full self but apart of him. I need to reread the book..but it's super longg...hahah. 

While DH was in his 100-year sleep, a part of him (his “shadow”) was dropped by Zhong Lin into Fanyin Valley a.k.a. the “lower realm” and was born as Chen Ye, a bird spirit. The lower realm is a lower part of the heavenly realm where the bird spirits dwell. He never went into the mortal realm. The whole “reincarnate into a mortal emperor” thing was only written by Si Ming into official records so that no one would know DH was asleep. No one knew this except for DH, Zhong Lin and Elder Yun Zhang - this is all revealed in Chapter 16 of Book 2 of The Pillow Book. Not even Si Ming knew, as he only followed instructions to write that DH is to go to the mortal realm, and that is also the same misinformation that FJ learns through Xie Gu Chou and Si Ming. FJ only finds out the truth in the final chapter of the book when Zhong Lin told her that the whole mortal realm thing was a pretence. You need to read the book again if you can’t remember this crucial twist! :)

The rumor casting for Mi Gu and Bai Zhen. I’m not too familiar with them.

WnWOCBX.png

Mi Gu

9fhPLaO.jpg

Bai Zhen

JxFBsaC.jpg

cuTi60a.jpg

• Like 1

Ref to above...really?? so for the 2nd one...they are not getting the previous actor Yu Menglong for Bai Zhen? Ok. The new actor is Huang Jun Jie 黄俊捷, born 1998, i know he acted in The Big Boss 班长大人 and 屏里狐 Fox In The Screen as fox spirit (those pics above are from that show). 

Spoiler

As white fox spirit thus in white clothes...his image in this lower budget drama is indeed similar to the Bai family in Three Life.

Modern drama The Big Boss short clip

For the actor Zhao zi qi 赵子麒 as Mi Gu (the tree spirit in the fox den)...even less info...known for participating in singing contest last yr...should be very young as well.

Spoiler

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Wotad said:

This guy is cute as hell yes to him ;p

Super cute & on the effeminate side... perfect for Bai Zhen, the “most beautiful face in the 4 seas & 8 lands”.

• Like 3

@Cedric Ong Thank you for the info! I think it is kind of make sense that Yu Menglong won't come back since he been doing leading roles now (most recently, Legend of White Snake). It would be strange for him to be side character...

@redfoxprincess im too laxy to read the book again..it's a good drama but way too long..:sweatingbullets: .&.I do agree about bai when actor, .he's very good looking..very appropriate for the 4th brother. 

1 hour ago, TVN said:

@Cedric Ong Thank you for the info! I think it is kind of make sense that Yu Menglong won't come back since he been doing leading roles now (most recently, Legend of White Snake). It would be strange for him to be side character...

a side character would mean not many lines/roles so i dunno why not, wouldnt take to much time. 

16 hours ago, Wotad said:

a side character would mean not many lines/roles so i dunno why not, wouldnt take to much time. 

Yeah! Bai Zhen is not even in The Pillow Book so whatever scenes he has would be minimal. It would be a cameo like Yang Mi coming back to play Bai Qian. It’s goodwill for actors to do that.

On 7/16/2018 at 2:10 PM, Wotad said:

True. Maybe he just doesn't have time? (I'm not sure what he is currently doing though).

Leaked pic of Donghua as the human crown prince..from a distance. As mentioned b4, different from the previous drama version, his presence in the human realm will not be the emperor. So basically there is no beard...just black hair...and in all white.

7c35772fly1ftedjj55jkj20u01hch93.jpg

I came across some request by fans of Yu Menglong (char bai zhen)  for people to stop linking him with this drama. Maybe it is due to others keep asking (eg in weibo and forum) why he didnt return...and his fans prefer to keep the focus on his own drama where he is the lead.

On a slightly different note, this has been confounding me for a while. Does anyone know where the image below *click to reveal* originates? I have several copies of the official The Pillow Book Pictorial Album that was drawn by Ibuki Satsuki. I also have the special edition copies of the books with the bookmarks and poster. None of them have this image. Was it drawn by a fan that imitated Ibuki Satsuki’s style? Or did Ibuki Satsuki publish the image on her Weibo but not the official book? Or does someone know exactly the source behind this very popular image that appears everywhere? Thanks to anyone who can solve this mystery for me! :)

Spoiler

54231bd2507042000676b821818b63f9.jpg