[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

14 hours ago, Sisca_TVXQ said:

Maybe because dai si and xu zhu dan is more experienced than her ?

maybe and maybe pillow book will change my perception of her

though i doubt that

usually when the person doesnt hold my interest in the first time i saw them

they wont have my interest at all

but still it wont affect me enjoying pillow book at all and for sure it wont be her loss for me not becoming her fan

so its all good for me and us all

hahaha

is it because after 68 pages all of us have run out of things to say about pillow book that this thread seems like abandoned now?

or maybe the new visitors are being intimidated by the regulars here that they didnt say anything (we promise you all we all are nice and somewhat sweet, and for sure we dont bite- not on the first meeting at least hahaha)

then again while waiting for this drama, we talked about almost anything and everything that we can posibbly talk about

even i regularly visited this thread left without posting anything because i just dunno what to say anymore

anyway 

i have something to say now

hahaha

i heard that the drama goodbye my princess will be getting alternate ending in drama instead of the tragic ending the book has

while i always prefer happy ending instead of sad ending

after reading about the story, i think the original ending befitted the story more that the new ending

even with the kings woman although i seriously adore vin with reba, i wouldnt want the ending to be any other way

that makes me thinking about alternate ending for pillow book (hopefully our producer wont get any weird ideas and have alternate ending as well)

pillow book ending is just perfect, with a lil extra extension from the book that is hahaha

anyway what if the ending was that although it was donghua who was ready to sacrifice his life, it was fengjiu who lost hers

leaving donghua with bai gungun behind and the story we are reading was actually the story being told by donghua to his son 

to remembering fengjiu and telling him the story of how dad and mom meet, fall in love, got together, and have bai gungun (ala how i met your mother xianxia version) kekeke

TT_TT

gosh even thinking about it making me sad

we all should feel lucky or glad that i wasnt the writer of the book :joy:

ah when will we get any news or anything new from pillow book?

i miss them so much already

sighs

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Insightful 1

“Goodbye, My Princess” is my jam right now! I’m currently reading the book because I voluntarily fell into the trap of watching the drama despite it only having like 20 episodes out. It’s a good filler before Pillow Book premiers.

I also haven’t been leaving any messages here but I’m vaguely keeping up with the updates on this forum. It’s all love here so feel free to say ANYTHING! I’m here to make friends! Think about it. Out of all the fandoms in the world and the different places we all come from, we’ve all been brought together by our love for DongFeng and that’s a pretty special thing. 

As for the change of ending, I know that they may go the happier route with “Goodbye, My Princess” because it is originally a tragedy. As for PB, if I had it my way, can the writers indulge me and give me a legit happy ending that’s not as vague as the book? Even though it was implied that FengJiu awakens, I want to see with my own two eyes the happy family together. 

Writing a reply on this forum has me missing y’all.:P

• Like 2

Hi everyone! I'm new ^_^

Just want to thank everyone for fangirling/fanboying as much as I am over the Pillow Book.

Been following this for a while but finally decided to join because I need an outlet to balance my anticipation for this drama :sweatingbullets:

I'm dying to see it air but it's so difficult waiting 'til the end of the year!  Bless this thread for helping me hang in there hahaha

I've already read The Pillow Book twice and going for a third time sooner or later.

At this point I'm occupying my time with trying to guess which scenes will be cut out, changed, or added in the drama version (using personal intuition and leaked clips of the filming)

@chubby^green^ 

Love all you're commentary, you really keep the vibe alive and I love it!

Also agree about the thread feeling a lil abandoned, but I'm still checking everyday anyways hehe

Totes like the hypothetical 'how I met your mother' ending...but also glad they'll have a real happy ending , can't wait to see what they add at the end!!

Also, I remember you saying that you were editing the pillow book and turning it into a physical book. I was literally thinking to do the exact same thing! Just wouldn't know how to deal with the mismatching timelines, e.g. Aranya supposedly meeting Chen Ye at his 10th birthday but technically didn't get saved from the snake pit until she was 15. Let me know how it goes :D I'm hoping to make mine with the pictures in it too, whenever I get a chance to work on it.

As for Goodbye My Princess, I'm real excited to watch this! (Just waiting for all the episode to load with subs so I can binge watch) 

I don't know much background of the story but after watching the trailer I am thrilled for the tragic ending! And even though I haven't watched it yet I'm obsessed with the OST  XD

Okay I'm done lol

• Like 3

@chubby^green^

I've been busy helping my friend with her wedding but still make time to check this thread everyday :sweatingbullets: 

I dont think they will change the ending since its a happy ending, fans will butcher the writers if they change it to sad ending :lol:

I dont mind sad ending as long as it make sense, and sometimes sad ending make it more memorable/unforgettable ?

@midnight_muse

Welcome on board ~ feel free spazz with us :heart: 

CcIELsd.jpg

Edited by Sisca_TVXQ
  • Like 4

@Sisca_TVXQ where do you find all those cute chibi drawings? 

Welcome to all newbies! Feel free to share or ask anything. We don't know when they will give us a trailer. Soon I hope. In the meantime let's keep this thread alive and kickin' :lol:

• Like 2

10 hours ago, karinos said:

As for PB, if I had it my way, can the writers indulge me and give me a legit happy ending that’s not as vague as the book? Even though it was implied that FengJiu awakens, I want to see with my own two eyes the happy family together. 

same... i already adore the ending for pillow book

but of course it would be so much better if it didnt end just like that

we need to see the happy family being physically together to satisfy our soul and craving and so that our time of waiting wont be wasteful 

hahaha

9 hours ago, midnight_muse said:

Hi everyone! I'm new ^_^

Just want to thank everyone for fangirling/fanboying as much as I am over the Pillow Book.

hello *waves enthusiastically :P

welcome on board

feel free to share anything and everything

it always enjoyable to read thoughts and ideas in this thread

^__^

@chubby^green^ 

Love all you're commentary, you really keep the vibe alive and I love it!

Also agree about the thread feeling a lil abandoned, but I'm still checking everyday anyways hehe

aw... thanks

i get restless if this thread didnt get new replies in a period of time

hence why i feel it was a lil abandoned

hahaha

same i check this thread every now and then everyday 

it has become almost a habit for me

^_^*

10 hours ago, karinos said:

“Goodbye, My Princess” is my jam right now! I’m currently reading the book because I voluntarily fell into the trap of watching the drama despite it only having like 20 episodes out. It’s a good filler before Pillow Book premiers.

As for Goodbye My Princess, I'm real excited to watch this! (Just waiting for all the episode to load with subs so I can binge watch) 

truth to be told 

i watch goodbye my princess only to ep 2

i got a lil bored

was looking for a filler while waiting for pillow book and thought gmp was kinda interesting

maybe it's not for me

though i am watching the legends now

it's interesting and intriguing

it's a pity the drama has just a few subbed one though

the pain of waiting is just urgh...

hahaha

Also, I remember you saying that you were editing the pillow book and turning it into a physical book. I was literally thinking to do the exact same thing! Just wouldn't know how to deal with the mismatching timelines, e.g. Aranya supposedly meeting Chen Ye at his 10th birthday but technically didn't get saved from the snake pit until she was 15. Let me know how it goes :D I'm hoping to make mine with the pictures in it too, whenever I get a chance to work on it.

i only on book 1 for now, so i am focusing on that first

though it has always been on the back of my head the nagging timeline discrepancies

i guess there's no way i could do anything about it aside pretending the problem didnt exist aside from trying to change that part of the story

which i am very reluctant to do

so for now, my solution is to pretend there is no problem at all, and the timeline is just perfect ^_^*

hahaha

5 hours ago, Sisca_TVXQ said:

@chubby^green^

I've been busy helping my friend with her wedding but still make time to check this thread everyday :sweatingbullets: 

I dont think they will change the ending since its a happy ending, fans will butcher the writers if they change it to sad ending :lol:

I dont mind sad ending as long as it make sense, and sometimes sad ending make it more memorable/unforgettable ?

wah... congratulations to you friend

i remember a drama aired last year where they changed the ending of the drama from happy ending that was in the book to sad ending in the drama (i forgot which drama since i didn't watch), i only read about it in one of the news discussion that i was browsing

kinda interesting i would say...

hahaha

same here i dont mind sad ending as long as it make sense and happened because it is rational and logical ending

if asked of course happy ending would be my first choice, but sad ending is still acceptable as well

i just hate though open ending where we need to decipher, interpret and make our own conclusion

i hate that...

i have few dramas and movies which i adore and loved and they have sad ending or tragic ending

but its fine since the ending justify the story even better

so its good

but for sure pillow book need to have happy ending!!!

hahaha

anyway new question to you all

aside from dong hua and fengjiu which we all would obviously want to watch and swooned over and wont mind having lots of screen times in the drama (i know i totally wouldnt mind :P)

which other character's story from the book that you would like to have more in depth story in the drama?

for me if i have to choose

i still wanna know more about zhe yan and bai zhen story (which i doubt would happen in the drama) :( hopefully they would have more screen time though

i think the focus for the second pairing would obviously goes to lian song and cheng yu and maybe the third pairing would goes to jiheng and xiao yan or minsu and jiheng's bro (which i have totally forgotten his name hahaha)

hmmm...

who else worthy of mention?

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, chubby^green^ said:

anyway new question to you all

aside from dong hua and fengjiu which we all would obviously want to watch and swooned over and wont mind having lots of screen times in the drama (i know i totally wouldnt mind :P)

which other character's story from the book that you would like to have more in depth story in the drama?

Of course like you said they're probably going to focus the second pairing on Lian Song and Cheng Yu (otherwise why would she even be in the drama?). Love Lian Song just not too sure what to think about his story with Cheng Yu yet :/ 

Personally, I really want to know more about Xiao Yan!!  :wub: 

Idk I just kinda love how he's this unrefined- pretty boy- kinda 'dumb' (according to Fengjiu)- demon lord (I find him rather cute tehe and I approve of the casting for him as well)

I don't care too much about his pairing with Jiheng tbh but it's a given it'll be mentioned, I just want to know a lil more about his background and am curious how they'll portray him.

I also doubt they'll go into too much about Bai Zhen and Zhe Yan's relationship, at most it'll be implied or we'll have to read between the lines. But I'm curious as to what role Bai Zhen will play because he's not really in the books.

• Like 2

On 3/8/2019 at 9:50 AM, midnight_muse said:

Personally, I really want to know more about Xiao Yan!!  :wub: 

Idk I just kinda love how he's this unrefined- pretty boy- kinda 'dumb' (according to Fengjiu)- demon lord (I find him rather cute tehe and I approve of the casting for him as well)

I don't care too much about his pairing with Jiheng tbh but it's a given it'll be mentioned, I just want to know a lil more about his background and am curious how they'll portray him.

I also doubt they'll go into too much about Bai Zhen and Zhe Yan's relationship, at most it'll be implied or we'll have to read between the lines. But I'm curious as to what role Bai Zhen will play because he's not really in the books.

XIAO YAN! XiAO YaN! Xiaooo Yaassss! Honestly he’s my boy! He’s such a dork that I would totally be into him if he walked my way. A little immature but he’d probably be having you laughing cuz of all the stupid antics he’d be up to :rolleyes: . Imho he’s too good a dude to be crushing on JiHeng. Their personalities are incompatible & totally clash but when love hits—in Xiao Yan’s case with JiHeng,  you can’t go against it. 

Agree with the writers not showing too much of Bai Zhen & Zhe Yan but it will be subtle. So of course the second emphasized couple will be Lian Song & Cheng Yu. As cute as the new Cheng Yu is, I prefer the past actress just because her looks match the actor Lian Song’s better. They do have a book that the author stopped writing if I remember correctly. 

Side note: Waddup to all the new people! uwu :glasses:

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, karinos said:

XIAO YAN! XiAO YaN! Xiaooo Yaassss! Honestly he’s my boy! He’s such a dork that I would totally be into him if he walked my way. A little immature but he’d probably be having you laughing cuz of all the stupid antics he’d be up to :rolleyes: . Imho he’s to good a dude to be crushing on JiHeng. Their personalities are incompatible & totally clad but when love hits—in Xiao Yan’s case with JiHeng,  you can’t go against it. 

He IS such a dork, but I love it!! :lol:  Surprisingly such a good dude for a demon lord haha 

So glad someone shares my love for him!

• LOL 2

I'm also curious about Bai zhen's role here since he is only mentioned once in pillow book ? But I doubt they will show much about his relationship with Zhe yan.

I want to see Lian song and cheng yu's relationship since their book is not released yet, but since Tang Qi is one of the script writer at least this story is considered canon. I hope we get to see their mortal story too.

The Interview with Mimei (Engsubbed)

Vengo just casually throw a big spoiler for those who haven't read the book :joy:

Edited by Sisca_TVXQ
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

Very much enjoyed this interview :D especially since there's subs haha

So glad he read the book and did research!! Gets my hopes up even more tehe

No lie, definitely was a little worried about him acting so many different roles for the drama :sweatingbullets:  but seeing as he's trying his best to hone his craft, I'm excited ^_^

• Like 2

vengo may not be amazingly good in acting as of yet, he is okay and sometime good enough for me

but he is perfect as donghua for sure

it almost like donghua is him and he is donghua

hahaha

the interview is interesting

unfortunately cannot watch now

a lil busy

will watch it later

thanks for sharing

^__^

• Like 1

On 3/9/2019 at 7:33 AM, karinos said:

XIAO YAN! XiAO YaN! Xiaooo Yaassss! Honestly he’s my boy! He’s such a dork that I would totally be into him if he walked my way. A little immature but he’d probably be having you laughing cuz of all the stupid antics he’d be up to :rolleyes: . Imho he’s to good a dude to be crushing on JiHeng. Their personalities are incompatible & totally clash but when love hits—in Xiao Yan’s case with JiHeng,  you can’t go against it. 

Agree with the writers not showing too much of Bai Zhen & Zhe Yan but it will be subtle. So of course the second emphasized couple will be Lian Song & Cheng Yu. As cute as the new Cheng Yu is, I prefer the past actress just because her looks match the actor Lian Song’s better. They do have a book that the author stopped writing if I remember correctly. 

Side note: Waddup to all the new people! uwu :glasses:

Hahaha...yes, I adored him in the book...so dense, so unrefined but such a good friend and a hottie to boot.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ElleSor said:

Hahaha...yes, I adored him in the book...so dense, so unrefined but such a good friend and a hottie to boot.

2 things I’ll always recall abt him in the book which are guaranteed to make me cackle: 1) Xiao Yan annoying Dong Hua so much that he gets a ladle/spoon thrown at him for simply having FengJiu’s attention resulting in him falling down a flight of stairs. “Who threw that?!”  He is one of the few people that can make the petty come out of someone as regal as Dong Hua. A skill not easily done. 2) That orange and green carrot outfit that Feng Jiu thinks makes him look absolutely ridiculous. 

What are your fave Xiao Yan parts? 

I’m glad to hear that Vengo has read the book. He has to take care since this is really his first lead role. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, karinos said:

2 things I’ll always recall abt him in the book which are guaranteed to make me cackle: 1) Xiao Yan annoying Dong Hua so much that he gets a ladle/spoon thrown at him for simply having FengJiu’s attention resulting in him falling down a flight of stairs. “Who threw that?!”  He is one of the few people that can make the petty come out of someone as regal as Dong Hua. A skill not easily done. 2) That orange and green carrot outfit that Feng Jiu thinks makes him look absolutely ridiculous. 

What are your fave Xiao Yan parts? 

I’m glad to hear that Vengo has read the book. He has to take care since this is really his first lead role. 

Hahaha...yes, I love how he thinks so highly of himself and he gets on DH's nerves when it comes to FJ.

I love the ladle throwing part as well. I also love that he pestered DH to come have a duel and DH just ignored him. Classic DH!!

XY always seems to be at the right place at the right time when it comes to FJ.

Spoiler

He sort of saved her and accompanied her in the new place when they fell into that place where Aranya lived in. He also sort of saved both DH and FJ when they were inside the sphere after they got rid of the Evil and they couldn't get out (last part of the novel). He also gets in trouble on his own...he got ambushed when sending notice from DH that he will be late for his wedding. He served as a great comic relief most of the time. These are all in the novel, BTW, so I don't know if these will come out in the drama. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ElleSor said:

Hide contents

He sort of saved her and accompanied her in the new place when they fell into that place where Aranya lived in. He also sort of saved both DH and FJ when they were inside the sphere after they got rid of the Evil and they couldn't get out (last part of the novel). He also gets in trouble on his own...he got ambushed when sending notice from DH that he will be late for his wedding. He served as a great comic relief most of the time. These are all in the novel, BTW, so I don't know if these will come out in the drama. 

Yes on the comic relief part. Tbh, if he was paired with a likeable partner, I’d prefer to see him as the second lead couple in this drama over Lian Song & Cheng Yu. The actor is also good looking. Anyone know if he’s good at acting? I like him as 13th(?) disciple in TMOPB where he was paired with the demon princess. It would’ve been cool to see them paired up again. I dropped Flame’s Daughter so I didn’t get to see much of him. Hopefully he pulls mischievousness & comedy off well. 

As for him falling with Feng Jiu and staying with her where Aranya lived—I do like that abt Xiao Yan (not that he had much of a choice) much to my dismay abt Dong Hua just leaving her there (for what? like 6 months?) after their dual. That’s another thing. Why did DH wait so long to go there after FJ fell with Xiao Yan? I am aware that the concept of time changes depending on realms.  DH did put her in that cage to cushion the fall for her safety but still...

Xioa Yan does mess things up greatly for our couple after losing that fight when he was supposed to get DH’s message to FJ. So I definitely agree with your notion that trouble tends to find XY easily.

• Like 1